Author Topic: Breaking DUmmy News: Redstone Passed Away  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Breaking DUmmy News: Redstone Passed Away
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »

Okay, okay, which one of you pricks posted under Skimmer's name?

Aside from impersonating Skimmer, Redstone's whole "condolences" thread at the newspaper is DUmpmonkeys.

Not I said the mole.

I used my own name, which stinky referred to as a failed car company. I also mentioned God.

I wanted to see if they could persuade the funeral home to start deleting memorials as they knew they had been invaded.

Nothing yet.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Just checking in on this.  Wow.  I guess all of that Hate caught up, didn't it?

Condolences to his family.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2011, 03:50:45 PM »
I'm honestly shocked. I would have never expected this event to gather so many comments. I knew when I posted it that it would get some attention, because after all, it IS Chief S itting Bull, but wow.

The guy did have somewhat of a following. For that, maybe he can be happy with himself. Enjoy your tribute, Redstone.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »
$10 says his voter ID card still makes it to the polls in 2012.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »
I'm honestly shocked. I would have never expected this event to gather so many comments. I knew when I posted it that it would get some attention, because after all, it IS Chief S itting Bull, but wow.

The guy did have somewhat of a following. For that, maybe he can be happy with himself. Enjoy your tribute, Redstone.
You probably missed most of the craziness that happened during Bush's two terms.  DU gave monkeyhouses a bad name and Redstone was right up there with the rest of the psychos.  Now it's mostly infighting and squabbling.  Before Obama, it was truly nasty.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline sybilll

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2011, 06:16:52 PM »
I really try hard not to speak ill of the dead, and my condolences to RedStone's survivors, but this really stuck out at me:  "In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the family."
WHO does that?  Maybe it is a Southern thing, but, in lieu of flowers is almost always followed by a request of a donation to a charity, or perhaps to a college fund for young children if the deceased passed in a tragic event. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
I really try hard not to speak ill of the dead, and my condolences to RedStone's survivors, but this really stuck out at me:  "In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the family."

WHO does that?  Maybe it is a Southern thing, but, in lieu of flowers is almost always followed by a request of a donation to a charity, or perhaps to a college fund for young children if the deceased passed in a tragic event. 

I dunno how it is in Connecticut, but out here in the Sandhills, that sort of request is pretty common.

Usually it means the family needs help with funeral expenses, but given the circumstances, no one thinks badly of it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline sybilll

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
I dunno how it is in Connecticut, but out here in the Sandhills, that sort of request is pretty common.

Usually it means the family needs help with funeral expenses, but given the circumstances, no one thinks badly of it.
Fair enough, sir.  Again, it must be a regional thing. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »

What I find odder than that is that Redstone passed on to God on November 1, and his funeral is November 8, a week later.

Again, I dunno how it is in Connecticut, but it seems de rigeuer here in the middle of America, that a funeral is held within two full days after death.

I've had experience in this matter; the experience of interring two parents and seven siblings.  I checked things, and found out that in every single case, nine deaths over a period of 27 years, the funerals were always two full days after death, never any longer than that.  Every single case.

And a check of the obituaries in today's newspapers show the same practice universally followed.

I've been told the only reason a funeral would be held later than that is because law-enforcement has an "interest" of some sort in the body.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »
Fair enough, sir.  Again, it must be a regional thing. 

Well, but if that's the case, Redstone ill-prepared his family for his demise, if they have to solicit donations to help with funeral expenses (which they might, or might not, be doing here).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

I've seen it here quite often. Sometime following an unexpected death of a child, but more often for someone that has suffered from a long term illness such as cancer which has left the family with huge medical bills.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
I've seen it here quite often. Sometime following an unexpected death of a child, but more often for someone that has suffered from a long term illness such as cancer which has left the family with huge medical bills.

Yeah, that too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »

When my father passed a little over 3 years ago we found out that the life insurance policy that we all thought he had was no longer any good.  When the company he retired from went under we found out that even though his pension was funded ALL life insurance policy's were cancelled.  We had to do the same thing to help paying for his final expenses.
formerly Striker

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
Here in the South it's common to ask for donations instead of flowers if someone is cremated. As for the length of time between death and funeral or service, that does seem unusual.

What I find strange is the obit was so short.  Here, everyone related to the deceased is listed including brothers and sisters.  He owned a business. That wasn't noted.

Something else has me curious. If Tom the liar had not phoned him, would his wife have logged in to DU to tell anyone ?  Knowing he posted there regularly you'd think she would have told someone. He called DUmp people.  Did she not know ?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
When my father passed a little over 3 years ago we found out that the life insurance policy that we all thought he had was no longer any good.  When the company he retired from went under we found out that even though his pension was funded ALL life insurance policy's were cancelled.  We had to do the same thing to help paying for his final expenses.

That's why there shouldn't be any negativity associated with such a request.

Excresence happens.

But for someone who lived life as if he "had it all figured out," Redstone blew this one, if this is the case (the family needing help with funeral expenses), which it might, or might not, be.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
I guess all that talk about buying the bed and breakfast place wasn't true. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »
Here in the South it's common to ask for donations instead of flowers if someone is cremated. As for the length of time between death and funeral or service, that does seem unusual.

What I find strange is the obit was so short.  Here, everyone related to the deceased is listed including brothers and sisters.  He owned a business. That wasn't noted.

Something else has me curious. If Tom the liar had not phoned him, would his wife have logged in to DU to tell anyone?  Knowing he posted there regularly you'd think she would have told someone. He called DUmp people. Did she not know?

On the matter of obituaries, it's probably a personal preference.

My own will, for example, notes that for my own obituary, I wish just my full name, date and place of birth, and date and place of death, be given, nothing else.  It's because of my ancient Roman Catholic tenet that what passes in this world is unimportant; all That Counts is the Eternal world.

On the third point you made, I too am curious.

The primitives always make allegations of being a close-knit group, best buds and all that, but for all the communication they actually do in real life (Doug's stupid ex-wife for example never actually met the red round one in real life), there might as well be a six-foot-thick solid steel wall between them.

That the CalPig primitive, who was deeply fond of Redstone, learned only six days after the event, speaks volumes. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2011, 07:43:26 PM »
Suicide.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2011, 08:11:52 PM »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
Know that for sure?

No, we don't, and probably won't ever know.

But it's a good guess.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Know that for sure?
Obviously, no, I wasn't there.

But for years, in addition to his hateful political comments, and his violent, lying braggadocio, DUmmy Deadstone has posted constantly about being in constant physical and psychological pain, and discussing suicide.

I'm sure his whining about pain, a very common DUmpmonkey characteristic, was mainly aimed at getting attention and was unlikely to be true in any way, but it's a clue to mental instability that could lead to an irrational act like suicide.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
.....in addition to his hateful political comments, and his violent, lying braggadocio, DUmmy Deadstone has posted constantly about being in constant physical and psychological pain, and discussing suicide.

I'm sure his whining about pain, a very common DUmpmonkey characteristic, was mainly aimed at getting attention and was unlikely to be true in any way, but it's a clue to mental instability that could lead to an irrational act like suicide.

Agreed; point well made.

It's possible.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 08:32:47 PM »
DUmmies are too selfish to kill themselves.  They can't wait for that next handout, freebie, or empty promise from DC... it's what gets them up in the morning afternoon.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
All of my family members funerals took place about a week or so from the date of death.  They all seem to be buried in Missouri, and no living member of the family resides in the state, so it takes a while for us to make plans, and travel arrangements. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent