Author Topic: Breaking DUmmy News: Redstone Passed Away  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: Breaking DUmmy News: Redstone Passed Away
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
I've seen it here quite often. Sometime following an unexpected death of a child, but more often for someone that has suffered from a long term illness such as cancer which has left the family with huge medical bills.
Well from what i remember i believe Redstone had MS. Also not a cheap disease to have. May also be why the funeral is so delayed as well they may be doing an autopsy.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:13 PM »
Didn't he admit to downing at least a pint of hooch daily near the last few months until his banning over at DU?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
DUmmies are too selfish to kill themselves.  They can't wait for that next handout, freebie, or empty promise from DC... it's what gets them up in the morning afternoon.

Well, given that someone who meant a great deal to Redstone, the CalPig primitive, wasn't told until long after the event, given that the funeral's being held so late, and given that Redstone quite often exhibited loud, blatant, self-destructive tendencies on Skins's island, that was my first thought upon getting the news; possibly a suicide.

Redstone had been deteriorating much recently, but there was always a certain primitive (I forget the name) who posted updates on how Redstone was doing--perhaps the same primitive who finally got around to telling the CalPig primitive--who gave the impression he was always in touch with Redstone in real life.

But there hadn't been any updates from this reporting primitive for a while, suggesting that while he wasn't getting any better, Redstone wasn't declining precipitously either.

All which leaves one with the impression the death was a sudden unexpected unpleasant surprise.

I'm sure if it'd been by crime and violence--and remember Redstone courted those sorts of things--it would've been in the newspapers, and reported on Skins's island within hours of it being in the newspapers.

Which leaves only one reasonable conclusion.  And given his degenerative neuro-muscular ailment, Redstone probably, like the late Tangerine LaBamba, had plenty of drugs on hand that if too many were taken, whether by accident or on purpose.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Didn't he admit to downing at least a pint of hooch daily near the last few months until his banning over at DU?

Redstone was never banned; he just sort of slowly walked away from Skins's island.

But again, yes, alcohol plus the drugs he was taking for treatment of his ailment.....

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
Redstone was never banned; he just sort of slowly walked away from Skins's island.

Ah, okay. I thought he had it out one day with $kins or SquirrelG.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »
I think you're confusing Deadstone with TiT.

TiT claimed more like a quart of gin every night.

The main reason for this claim was so he could specify that he would only drink Bombay Sapphire.

An expensive label like that always seemed unlikely for a retail clerk in a trinket/lawn ornament shop.

TiT was tombstoned after a drunken anti-semitic rant. Drunken anti-semitic rants are not permitted at Skimmer's DUmp.

Sober anti-semitic rants are common and encouraged.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
Over the years Redstone posted of mixing vicodin and vodka or vicodin and Maker's Mark, chasing that with Ambien.  Year after year, month after month, week after week, day after day probably more than once a day eventually builds up in your system and becomes toxic. Not to mention making you an addict.

One day your heart stops, your breathing stops or your liver falls apart.   

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
I realize the topic of a primitive dying is a rather sensitive subject here, especially if, like the late red round one, a primitive doesn't exactly go out in a blaze of glory.  To some, it might seem as if we're dancing on a primitive's grave, and so it doesn't look good for this side.  I beg to differ.

I'm speaking as a member here, not as a moderator, because I dunno what the official position of conservativecave is, on the issue.

Redstone has gone to God; no human agency can possibly hurt him.

Redstone's family and friends are still around, and undoubtedly in a world of hurt--but that hurt, if there, was caused by Redstone, not by anyone else, least of all ephemeral beings on the internet.

The only people who could possibly be "hurt" by a discussion of Redstone's death are the primitives on Skins's island, such "wounded feelings" being nothing more than hypocritical feigned indignation.

And so it seems eminently fair to discuss a primitive's death in a clinical, detached manner.

As mentioned before, from the minute the CalPig announced the death of Redstone, I immediately suspected suicide, either accidental or planned.....leaning more towards the former than the latter.

Redstone was not a phenomenon new to me; I've seen his sort before, and their ends.

Redstone, usually a hyperenergetic person, was getting vexed and frustrated at the encroaching limitations on his physical movements and functions.  It's not easy, not even for a primitive, to adjust to ever-diminishing abilities to be active.

Redstone, who had some sort of degenerative neuro-muscular ailment, was on several different pharmaceutical drugs, and being human, Redstone probably miscalculated his doses now-and-then.

Redstone was self-admittedly a hardcore alcoholic.

I can easily see where Redstone either took too many drugs, or took drugs and then sucked on the bottle, thus passing out of this world into the Eternal one.  I can "sort of" see where Redstone might have deliberately done this, but I suspect "accidental" is more reasonable than "on purpose."

I've seen it before, and in fact suspect it happens more than most really realize, this screwing up on medications or mixing medications with alcohol, coming to a bad end.

None of this "judgement" is a reflection on the good and bad qualities of Redstone; simply a detached clinical speculation of what happened.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »
He had spoken of separation/divorce several times. The fact that he was jealous to a fault didn't help matters any. It might have been a catalyst to his being planted.

We'll never know.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »
None of this "judgement" is a reflection on the good and bad qualities of Redstone; simply a detached clinical speculation of what happened.
Well, Deadstone could write clearly, like his alleged pal TiT, and that placed him in a tiny minority of DUmbasses.

If he had another good quality, it was never revealed at the DUmp.

He was a hateful, lying, despicable person.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2011, 10:13:05 AM »
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/nhregister/guestbook.aspx?n=colin-goff&pid=154467263&page=3

Quote from:
I wrote this poem for you, Redstone.

Life is precious to us all on this journey
Inside all of us a love that gives exists
Brevity of life demands we find our inner peace
Everyone must do their part for their fellowman
Remember those who have gone on before
Always caring for others before self
Love that had no beginning and no end
Sharing truth with those around us
Always pressing onward towards tomorrow
Reflecting on the peace we strive onward
Ever inching closer to our goal
Simply wanting a better world for our children
Others may jeer and jest at our motives
Saying things to tear and break us down
Truth cannot be quiet
Upon the mountains and in the valleys we shout
Peace to all and love for all mankind
Inside us all is love's abounding message
Deliver us all to hope and peace and love.

RIP
~ KMA (DU), Asheville, North Carolina

:-)

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
Well, Deadstone could write clearly, like his alleged pal TiT, and that placed him in a tiny minority of DUmbasses.

If he had another good quality, it was never revealed at the DUmp.

He was a hateful, lying, despicable person.

You know, some time during the Scamdal six and a half years ago, I started viewing Skins's island and the individual primitives as something similar with medieval morality plays.

Medieval morality plays, in their time, had as much influence upon the populace as does television now, being both entertaining and instructive in nature; their plots centering around the follies of man, and the consequences.

Doug's stupid ex-wife is to blame for that inspiration.

I dunno if it's ever been obvious to others here, but really, whenever I bring over a campfire from Skins's island, the ulterior, the subconscious, motive is to "instruct" others on what happens to people--in this case, primitives--when greed, intolerance, sloth, gluttony, Hate, arrogance, anger, decadence, carnality rules them.

I'm oftentimes impressed by how much simply watching Skins's island is like watching one of those medieval morality plays.

Redstone's biggest flaw was his bombastic pride and arrogance; he thought he was something "special," something "better" than the average run of mankind. 

How happier the fate of Redstone, had he possessed a reasonable sense of self, and like his stalwart Gaelic forebears, humbly labored in the textile mills of New Hampshire.  By now, he would've been just a year away from retirement on a comfortable pension and 401K plan, and inbetween times, the preceding decades, he would've stayed out of trouble.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!