Author Topic: Silly pet peeve's?  (Read 18441 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Silly pet peeve's?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »
My FIL has a habit of flossing in the car after a meal out.  *snap, snap, snap, snap*   :mental: :banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
Okay, my tail-gating pet peeve just occurred when I was on the interstate a little while ago. 18 wheeler!  :censored:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:36 PM »
New one...

Why is it, whenever I go to the ATM, I have to wait behind some yahoo laundering money for the Columbian drug cartel, a tax lawyer doing Enron accounting or some jerk who (and I can only speculate here) is finishing his day job work for the Department of the Treasury.

Farking  :censored: fark folks!

What are you doing at an ATM that takes 15 minutes? Deposit or withdrawal! Heck, you can do both in 5 minutes! AHHHH! Also, on the silly side, don't (do not) call it an ATM Machine! (you are not at an automatic teller machine machine!) LOL

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
New one...

Why is it, whenever I go to the ATM, I have to wait behind some yahoo laundering money for the Columbian drug cartel, a tax lawyer doing Enron accounting or some jerk who (and I can only speculate here) is finishing his day job work for the Department of the Treasury.

What are you doing at an ATM that takes 15 minutes? Deposit or withdrawal! Heck, you can do both in 5 minutes! AHHHH! Also, on the silly side, don't (do not) call it an ATM Machine! (you are not at an automatic teller machine machine!) LOL

I know what you mean.  Some people absolutely INSIST on doing all their bank business at the frickin ATM!  :banghead: :censored:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »
^They were just trying to re-fi that ARM loan. :-)

I know what you mean. I get behind these suckers on the one odd day I decide to actually use the bank drive-thru.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »
^They were just trying to re-fi that ARM loan. :-)

I know what you mean. I get behind these suckers on the one odd day I decide to actually use the bank drive-thru.

I know that at the Wachovia location I go to, it's empty inside the building, but the ATM lane of the drive-through is simply horrible!  :mental:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:12 PM »
^Well our bank is full of illegals on payday.  :hammer: I've got two things that are a pain in the butt to move so I'm not fully migrated to the credit union. Yet.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »
^Well our bank is full of illegals on payday.  :hammer: I've got two things that are a pain in the butt to move so I'm not fully migrated to the credit union. Yet.

Yeah, most banks just LOVE to kiss the ass of illegals.  I've been trying to find a bank that won't do business with them, but it's been a futile effort. *sighs*

I keep my savings account at a credit union, but since there is no service center here, I can't access it.  Maybe that's a good thing. LOL

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
Now I KNOW LL is my long lost twin! She covered pretty much my entire list.

With age I've determined that my capacity for bullsh*t has decreased. Here's a few more:

1. People who don't bathe. You know it's bad when it's cold outside and you still smell people a mile away. I nearly lost my lunch in a sandwich shop the other day. They were standing in front of us and every time someone would move, it would send a cloud of fumes our way. I kept backing up but there were people behind us too so I was trapped. Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled about my food when I got it. Thank goodness they took theirs to go.

Seriously people! It's called soap! I know you walk past it. I've seen you in the grocery store. Another place they make green clouds.

2. People who tailgate you when you are going at least 10 miles over the speed limit, then when you move over, they don't pass you.

3. Parents that ignore thier children. The child is standing there saying..."mommy, mommy, mommy etc etc"  ANSWER THE CHILD...ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHILD IS THERE

4. People who clip thier fingernails in public.....do your hygeine at home, thanks.

5. I can't stand it when people just walk out into the street (or parking lot) without even making eye contact with the drivers zooming by!!! It shocked me when I first moved here because NO ONE in Texas dares walk out in front of a car without first looking both ways, making eye contact with the driver and then scurrying along as fast as they can. I guess people in Texas know you'll hit them.

6. Buffet/all you can eat hogs!!!   

I will add one more...
People that don`t flush.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:29 AM »
New one...

Those things require PIN numbers, don't they?   :tongue:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
New one...

Those things require PIN numbers, don't they?   :tongue:

Personal PIN Numbers.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2008, 01:29:11 PM »
Midgets.

They are ****ing creepy.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2008, 08:38:34 PM »

I will add one more...
People that don`t flush.

People that don't WASH THEIR HANDS after using the restroom.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
People who have a complete lack of respect for personal property.    :whatever:   I am never sharing textbooks again, that's all I will say.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »
Midgets.

They are ******* creepy.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  Never mind that midget...check out the dong on that donkey/mule, whatever the hell it is.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
 :o  That pic is disturbing on so many levels!

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
don't really have any, I try not to judge other people's quirks.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »
1. dudes who talk on their cell phone in the crapper or at a urinal

2. dudes who blow up the restroom with toxic stench.   Dammit, wait till you get home to unleash that pollution!

3. Too few bank tellers during the busy lunch hour.   You'd think they would stagger their lunch breaks!

4. Idiot shoppers in the grocery store/department store checkout line who are practically breathing on your neck.   Especially the ones who bump you with their shopping cart!!!

5. Strangers who mistakenly call your cell or home phone several times.    You'd think after 10 times of dialing the wrong number that they would get the drift!!!!!

6. Women who wear black in the workplace ALL THE FRICKING TIME!    Wear blue or brown once in awhile for pete's sake!

7. Ass crack tats

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2008, 02:45:31 AM »
People who post pet peeve threads  :tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2008, 02:52:39 AM »
Pronunciation of the word Data and economics.

The right way is DAYTA and short e economics.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Taxman

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2008, 05:45:50 AM »
I hate it when you are in a hurry and waiting in a checkout line or a line at the bank and some oldster strikes up a conversation with the cashier/teller telling his/her life story while completely ignoring the people in the line behind them.

I hate people that pull out in front of you and then a short distance later make a left hand turn into heavy oncoming traffic. 

I hate it when truckers pull out to pass another trucker on an interstate and then take FOREVER to pass the truck they are passing all the while going perhaps 60.  Oh and they could have waited five more seconds to let you go by first then pull out to pass. 

I hate it when you park your nice car in a somewhat isolated parking spot and then some asshole in a rusted out POS parks two inches from you.  Back when I was in college my friend had a nice Trans Am.  One night after a baseball game we were in the parking lot of a party store deciding what we needed to quench our thirst when some Mexicans in an old beat up Plymouth Belvidere pulled right up next to us.  A huge woman got out and carelessly slammed her door into my buddy's Trans Am.   Without saying a word he reached into his equipment bag in the back seat, grabbed his steel cleats and laced them up.  He got out of the car and proceeded to kick their car.  I was in the car laughing my ass off.  The fat lady's husband was in the car yelling at my buddy but he was in no mood to duke it out with some pissed off white boy with cleats that was kicking the crap out of his car.   

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2008, 10:01:31 AM »
don't really have any, I try not to judge other people's quirks.

Add HIM to my list of pet peeves.

I will also add that he is probably the very kind of person that is the perpetrator of just about all of the rude, assholish things that people do in public that are on this list, since he is above it all to be bothered by the behaviors.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:03:04 AM by LadyLiberty »
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
Pronunciation of the word Data and economics.

The right way is DAYTA and short e economics.

More importantly, the word "Data" is a plural noun -- the singular is "datum."   The proper use is: "the data say" not "the data says."

I think the pronunciation as "DAH-ta" is acceptable, though.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »
1. dudes who talk on their cell phone in the crapper or at a urinal

I agree. :rotf:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »
A new one:

People who merely come to this site to disrupt and call people names.  :whatever: