Author Topic: Silly pet peeve's?  (Read 18432 times)

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
Re: Silly pet peeve's?
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
don't really have any, I try not to judge other people's quirks.

Add HIM to my list of pet peeves.

I will also add that he is probably the very kind of person that is the perpetrator of just about all of the rude, assholish things that people do in public that are on this list, since he is above it all to be bothered by the behaviors.

uhm, so since I'm not bothered by other people's quirks, then im responsible for them?
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »

I will also add that he is probably the very kind of person that is the perpetrator of just about all of the rude, assholish things that people do in public that are on this list, since he is above it all to be bothered by the behaviors.

uhm, so since I'm not bothered by other people's quirks, then im responsible for them?
Getting on a thread to state you won't participate in the thread is a bit irritating.  And posting a holier-than-thou post is even more irritating.

I shall call you "Mosquito" since you mainly make me itch.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »

Getting on a thread to state you won't participate in the thread is a bit irritating.  And posting a holier-than-thou post is even more irritating.

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

internet=serious business.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2008, 12:51:54 PM »

I shall not be posting in this thread  :uhsure:

:tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »

I shall not be posting in this thread  :uhsure:

You left out the "because I am better than you" part.  Oh, wait, it is FREEPER -- that part is just assumed.

Carry on :)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »
People who post pet peeve threads  :tongue:

Well now I HAVE to bump this thread up from page three obscurity.    :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »

Self-bumping leads to blindness.  :evillaugh:

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »

I got a bump for ya.......did I say that?   

j/k schade

Offline Chris_

« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »

I got a bump for ya.......did I say that?   

j/k schade

You are way too humble and modest.

I love your "j/K".... as if I could ever possibly be offended. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
I hate it when you have to poop but it wants to play prairie dog so you strain and strain and strain and then it shoots out splashing water up your bum-hole.

Yeah, I really hate that.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:17 PM »
I hate it when you have to poop but it wants to play prairie dog so you strain and strain and strain and then it shoots out splashing water up your bum-hole.

Sir that was possibly the most disgusting thing you have ever posted.

oops for got mr. giggles ->  :lmao:

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »

I'll stop when I need glasses.  :uhsure:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 09:48:17 AM »
My biggest pet peeve is people moving from big cities up north to small cities down south to get away from those cities then try to make the small southern cities act like the big northern cities.  If you that's the way you like it, why not stay up there.  We like the slower paced life down here.

A little different, but I had a Yankee woman come into my office.  She was upset because her car insurance was set do be cancelled on March 15th.  She had been back up to New Jersey because her Grandmother died and just got back.  Mind you, the insurance premium was due towards the end of February.  Anyway, she said she had half of the premium due, but wouldn't have the other half until the following Monday (the 17th).  I told her we could take the half now, but her insurance would still cancel on the 15th, there was nothing I could do about that.  If she brought ion the other half within 30 days of the 15th we could go back and show no time out of force on the vehicle to avoid any penalty from the state.  She was crying about her grandma and having to drive with no insurance, crying started when I told her the insurance would cancel.  Well, she paid the half and said she'd be back on Monday.

The following Friday this guy comes in to pay the other half.  I call the company to get the policy unlocked so I could apply the payment.  They have to hear it from the policyholder that the vehicle has not recieved any damage during the time the policy was out of force.  The guy tells me that woman is in New Jersey again, this time because her mother doesn't feel well.  He gets all pissy with me saying that her policy wasn't suppose to cancel if she paid half the premium.  It's my fault that she is riding around without insurance, because she didn't know.  Giving me that typical Yankee attitude.  Tells us as he's walking out the door to have a nice Fire Ant Festival (annual festival starting that night) in a ery condescending tone.  Then he comes back to make another remark about she paid the money and it's my fault.

Low and behold, about a half hour later, the customer calls.  She'll be by that afternoon before we close to get her insurance reinstated.  I asked her where she was, and she said in Ashburn.  Well she comes in that afternoon and I told her that her buddy got ill with us, kinda laughing when I said it.  She gets an attitude and says, "He's not my brother."  I told her I didn't say he was her brother.  She proceeds to tell me that he wasn't lying when he said she was in New Jersey.  She told him that morning to tell me she was the girl from New Jersey, not that she was in New Jersey.  I just about had it, I asked her if he thought you were in New Jersey when she told him.  She rolled her eyes and said no.  So I told her then he was lying, just because he thought you told him to lie don't make it the truth or a mistake.  She started acting like a nut telling me I had no reason to be rude on the phone earlier.  i told her I just asked where she was, because he had said she was in New Jersey.  That started the whole he wasn't lying thing all over again.  Finally, she said she just wanted to pay her bill, so I told her that's all we wanted her to do from the beginning.  That got me the whole dead grandma bit again.  That's when I told her the premium was due before you ever went to New Jersey, so that's really not an excuse.  So she just paid her bill and left.

I know I went over the line as far as my customer service goes, but I'm not gonna be lied to and talked down to.  If that's the best they can do, they can take their business elsewhere, it's not like she ever pays on time anyway.

In short my pet peeve is the whole Yankee super intelligence buulshit.  I have some friends that moved here from Chicago, and I have to put them in their place every so often.  They do shit like calling the 800 complaint line on the local KFC because they know that they send them a big sheet of coupons for free food.  And these people call themselves conservatives.  They act like they are so smart, but you can make tham believe anything, and I mean anything.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
^at least they spoke English. Here, not so much. Oy!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »

They just think the rules don't apply to them.  Most people from here just accept the fact that that is how business is don, but these transplants down here think if they say that's not right, we're suppose to say, " AAWW now boss, youse absolutely right, I jes don no nutthin bout nuttin, cause I ain't never been nowhere."  I hate tell the assholes that I've been all over the world, and the most obnoxious people I've ever met are transplanted yankees.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »

They just think the rules don't apply to them.  Most people from here just accept the fact that that is how business is don, but these transplants down here think if they say that's not right, we're suppose to say, " AAWW now boss, youse absolutely right, I jes don no nutthin bout nuttin, cause I ain't never been nowhere."  I hate tell the assholes that I've been all over the world, and the most obnoxious people I've ever met are transplanted yankees.
I would have to agree with you there. I've lived all over and have travelled a lot. That's a pretty fair assessment. In my last job, I dealt almost exclusively with people in the North. They automatically assumed that my Southern accent = stupidity or that I was a pushover. Boy, were they in for a rude awakening. Then I became the ballbuster. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

I would have to agree with you there. I've lived all over and have travelled a lot. That's a pretty fair assessment. In my last job, I dealt almost exclusively with people in the North. They automatically assumed that my Southern accent = stupidity or that I was a pushover. Boy, were they in for a rude awakening. Then I became the ballbuster. :-)
They're the most gullable people om earth, too.  Just act serious and say it with an extreme southern drawl, and they'll believe anything you tell them.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »

They're the most gullable people om earth, too.  Just act serious and say it with an extreme southern drawl, and they'll believe anything you tell them.
Works even better when you're a female. :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »
You Might be a Yankee If...
1) You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

2) You think Heinz Ketchup is SPICY!

3) You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.

4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits.

5) You don't know what a moon pie is.

6) You've never had grain alcohol.

7) You've never, ever, eaten Okra.

8) You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

9) You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

10) You have no idea what a polecat is.

11) Whenever someone tells an off*color joke about farm animals, it goes over your head.

12) You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle.

13) You don't have bangs.

14) You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags.

15) More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut.

16) You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

17) Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.

18) You don't think Howard Stern has an accent.

19) You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun*and*knife show.

20) You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.

21) You don't have at least one can of WD*40 somewhere around the house.

22) The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on An on*ramp on the highway.

23) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

24) The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus.

25) You call binoculars opera glasses.

26) You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

27) You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt.

28) You don't know what appliqued is.

29) Most of your formative high school sexual experiences took place within the context of a football game.

30) You don't know anyone with two first names (i.e. Joe Bob, Billy Bob, Bubba Kay Bob, Bob Bob)

31) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one.

32) You've never been to a craft show.

33) You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

34) You can't do your laundry without quarters.

35) None of your fur coats are homemade.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »
And they say we talk funny?!
If your unfortunate enough to have to visit Yankee Country - like Boston (pronounced BAH-stin), this guide may help you understand what they are sayin', (but I doubt it).

Pahty: A place to go to drink and socialize - nothing to do with Mother Nature.

ah: The letter between "q" & "s."

ahnt: Sistah of your fathah or muthah.

bah: Serves beah and hahd likkah: "The train to Noo Yok has a bah cah." bay

ah: Ferocious brown or black animal.

beah: Malt beverage.

bahn: As in: "What yeah were you bahn in?"

bzah: Strange, odd.

Chahlz: The rivah.

chowdah: Clams, milk, buttah.

cahn: Stahchy veggie that comes on a cob.

connah: Where streets intersect.

fah: Not neah heah

fahk: What you eat pahster with.

fiah: Blaze

Gahden: What they closed last yeah (also a place to plant flowahs.)

hahbah: What they dumped tea into in 1773.

Hahvid: Preppy college across the rivah.

hahf-ahst: Done without regahd to detail.

heah: Done with the eahs. "Listen my children, and you shall heah of the midnight ride of Paul Reveah."

khakis: What you staht the cah with and keep on yawh key chain.

nawtheastah: Stahm that blows in from the wottah.

Noo Yok: Sinkhole 240 miles south of Tremont Street.

owah: Sixty minutes.

pahk: Cahn't do it in Hahvad Yahd. Not downtown, eithah.

pahster: spaghetti, ziti, etc.

pastah: The rectah of a parish, like St. Mahgrits.

pichahs: They throw fastballs at Fenway.

Rawjah: He *used to* throw the fastest fastballs at Fenway.....

Reveah: He rode through Ahlington on a hoss shouting, "To Ahms!"

shuah: Of course

shot: Not tall.

wof: A peeah, jutting into the hahbah.

wottah: H2O

yeah: A 365 day period.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »
My pet peeves:

People who feel the need to inform you on how bad smoking is while you are smoking a cigarette (REALLY? I HAD NO IDEA!  :whatever:)

Internet trolls

Almost everyone that live in the DC area (expect for DixieBelle of course)  :-)

Liberals

People who start drama then whine about the drama. This can be on line or in RL

Family member you have to put up with EVERY ****ING HOLIDAY

Internet spell Nazis

Plastic bags. They just freak me out, don't know why

Looking long and hard for an item, buying it and it going on sale somewhere else

Intolerant people calling Christians intolerant.  :mental:

Teeny boppers who think today's "punk" is real punk rock

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
^Why thank you kindly! :-)

I'm really just a refugee doing time here. Someday, I'll be allowed to go home.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
You Might be a Yankee If...
1) You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside." (guilty. I know it isn't a verb but use it like one anyway)

4) For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes au gratin to grits. (guilty, I could eat potatoes with every meal)

8) You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. (guilty, sometimes)

13) You don't have bangs. (do guys have bangs? meh, losing my hair anyway)

16) You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show. (guilty. depending on what kind of lawyer though)

20) You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach. (LOL, heck no, Go Bucks!)

23) You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores. (guilty)

27) You would never wear pink or an appliqued sweatshirt. (guilty)

28) You don't know what appliqued is. (guilty but I looked it up)  :-)

31) You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one. (guilty)

34) You can't do your laundry without quarters. (guilty)

35) None of your fur coats are homemade. (guilty but only of having no fur coats)

Spent lots of time in States that think they are "southern" but aren't really. Grade school in Oklahoma where you won't find a friendlier "hi y'all" anywhere yet it's lacking in some aspects of Southern culture. (good and bad) Regular lifetime visits to the entire extended family who live in Indiana. Good folks in Indiana, very Southern in attitude but more reliably Republican. Also, being 2 miles from the Ohio River makes it easy to slip into Kentucky for the weekend bar hopping in a place where smoking is allowed (and cheap) and the girls are friendly and prettier too.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:55:42 PM by ReardenSteel »

- Ayn Rand