Author Topic: In case you had any doubt that the Democrats are in trouble....  (Read 26577 times)

Offline formerlurker

In case you had any doubt that the Democrats are in trouble....
« on: February 05, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
From MA State House News (Subscription only):

This week in state government and public affairs: a hotel full of Democrats – a non-union hotel full of Democrats – who had busted their humps to elect a Democratic governor three years ago decided Wednesday to picket said governor the next afternoon, politically wounding him and, in all likelihood, their own most fervently held causes.

Put another way: with the national Democratic Party already looking cross-eyed at Massachusetts because of their brethren’s inability to retain Ted Kennedy’s seat – Ted Kennedy’s seat – the state cousins on Thursday opted to zap a sitting governor who has in three years overseen a 21.5 percent increase in union membership, by Patrick aides’ reckoning.

In addition, there’s been continued implementation of first-in-the-nation legislation easing unionization, and, oh yes, the asymptotic approach toward universal health care.

Any guesses about whether the national party has some concerns about what’s going on up here? If Sen. Scott Brown’s storming of the castle hadn’t been enough, and it was, the specter of the president’s buddy – who shares the hackneyed list of demographic similarities – getting shot down by one of the Democrats’ most loyal constituencies, probably reaches the threshold of disturbances that would irk the nationals.

So when Gov. Deval Patrick decided at the last minute Thursday to bail on the AFL-CIO’s annual conference in Plymouth, after the group’s executive committee had agreed the night before to stand up and walk out and join more than a hundred cops on a picket line outside on Water Street, the selfsame protesters had a bit of whiplash, a sort of “now what?” moment, a dark night of the soul. The anger among the laborists toting anti-Patrick signs morphed into anger-tinged confusion.

AFL-CIO legislative director Tim Sullivan went Zen discussing the House of Labor’s discontent with its chosen governor.

“They’re in office until they’re not,” he said of elected officials. “And they’re in charge of the list of things they’re charge of until they’re not.”

“Because of the economic conditions, I think the natural alliance between unions and Democrats has been strained somewhat,” Speaker Robert DeLeo said, adding that he likely would have appeared where Patrick did not.

http://www.statehousenews.com

It's bad kids.  :-)

Offline thundley4

Re: In case you had any doubt that the Democrats are in trouble....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »
It's bad kids. 

So bad, that it's good.  :evillaugh:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
So bad, that it's good.  :evillaugh:

When the unions start turning on them it's lights out.    Delicious. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
The one police union backed Brown over Coakley and her husband had been a member of that union.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
The one police union backed Brown over Coakley and her husband had been a member of that union.

The police unions were picketing outside of another union hosted event that Patrick was supposed to give a speech at.    The union members who were attending the event voted the night before that they HAD to join the police officers outside when Patrick showed up inside.   Patrick caught wind of it and canceled at the 11th hour (literally, his state police detail wasn't even informed he was going to be a no show).  The police union was PISSED as were the members inside who were going to walk on him to make a statement.   

That pretty much sums up the total p^ssy he is.   The DNC's blood ran ice cold when they heard this happened.   Not good.  Not good at all. 

Writing is on the wall.   The status quo was executed in MA.   The Reagan Democrats are about to reclaim their party.   

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
Well, really, he would have been an idiot to show up knowing the walkout was going to happen, I can't call him a ***** for doing the one smart thing he's done so far. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
Republicans should be careful what they wish for. Like technology, political change is accelerating faster than most of us realize. Think back one year ago when pundits in the corporate press were wondering if the GOP had any future in American politics.

If economic conditions next November make those of '08 look flush by comparison, give some thought to Huey Long's analogy. Huey thought the American government was like a restaurant that served only one dish.

There are Republican waiters on one side of the room, and Democrat waiters on the other, but no matter which party delivers your order"...all the grub comes from Wall Street's kitchen."

Choosing between Republican and Democrat guarantees a win for Wall Street.
And a loss for 90% of all Americans.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:25:17 PM »
Republicans should be careful what they wish for. Choosing between Republican and Democrat guarantees a win for Wall Street.

Well......to use your analogy.....a win for Wall Street is good enough for me......and for the 50% (using your analogy again) that are too stupid, or lazy to take advantage of that......too bad.......

Opportunity knocks.......a wise man answers........a fool does not.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Republicans should be careful what they wish for. Like technology, political change is accelerating faster than most of us realize. Think back one year ago when pundits in the corporate press were wondering if the GOP had any future in American politics.

If economic conditions next November make those of '08 look flush by comparison, give some thought to Huey Long's analogy. Huey thought the American government was like a restaurant that served only one dish.

There are Republican waiters on one side of the room, and Democrat waiters on the other, but no matter which party delivers your order"...all the grub comes from Wall Street's kitchen."

Choosing between Republican and Democrat guarantees a win for Wall Street.

The smart people know that "Wall Street" is not an enemy simply because it exists.  I'd put my life in Wall Street's hands any day before I'd offer it to Pennsylvania Avenue or the Washington Mall.

Capitalism is not America's enemy.  Politicians, mainly and almost solely democrat politicians, are America's enemy. 

God Bless the Conservative Republican Party. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »
God Bless the Conservative Republican Party. 

He does.  Along with fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise'.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
doc:

When winning requires killing other people's children for profit and crashing the American economy, stupid and lazy seem like virtues, especially when compared to greed and cowardice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
doc:

When winning requires killing other people's children for profit and crashing the American economy, stupid and lazy seem like virtues, especially when compared to greed and cowardice.

Wall Street exists solely to make money.....nothing else.......the killing of children for profit is in the realm of Planned Parenthood (a liberal organization)......they aren"t traded on any exchange that I know of.....

Stupid and lazy are never virtues.......and I doubt that you will last long around here, by even obliquely referring to us as cowards......there are many serving in the military here.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
doc:

Oh, goody--another chew toy!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »
Oh, goody--another chew toy!

The quality has, however, deteriorated considerably lately........I really prefer TNO......with all his faults, he still has functioning neurons.....

doc

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
Lord Undies:

Wall Street exists to concentrate wealth into fewer and fewer hands with each passing generation. With help from the Federal Reserve, the American standard of living is rapidly approaching those of a banana republic.

Anyone serious about change would vote AGAINST all congressional Republicans AND Democrats running for reelection on November 2nd.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:55 PM »
Lord Undies:

Wall Street exists to concentrate wealth into fewer and fewer hands with each passing generation. With help from the Federal Reserve, the American standard of living is rapidly approaching those of a banana republic.

Anyone serious about change would vote AGAINST all congressional Republicans AND Democrats running for reelection on November 2nd.

Of we can just **** all the democrats with our neo-con F35 fighters and call it a day.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Lord Undies:

That's a ridiculous thing to say.  Totally and completely absurd.   I think you are trying to entertain us with a clown show. 

The trends of Wall Street is exactly opposite from what you described.  My parent generation had nothing invested in stock and bonds, unless they were of wealthy families.   My grandparents generation had even less.  Today, just about everyone has some amount invested, and like in my own situation, all is not lost. 

I have decide you are just a goofy know-nothing mofo who likes to hear his gums flap.  Thanks for dropping by. 

Offline georgephillip

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
doc:

Tell me if the following is too oblique for you...personally...

TRUE or FALSE...

Those who profit from wars they're too gutless to fight in (like Bubba, Dubya, and Wall Street) are cowards..

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »
Vegas line has the over/under post count on the noob troll at 9 1/2 posts before he gets the ban hammer.

Any takers?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:21:12 AM »
doc:

TRUE or FALSE...

Those who profit from wars they're too gutless to fight in (like Bubba, Dubya, and Wall Street) are cowards..

Oh great.

The chicken hawk meme.

Can't you at least try to come up with something original ?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 07:37:23 AM »
Well, really, he would have been an idiot to show up knowing the walkout was going to happen, I can't call him a ***** for doing the one smart thing he's done so far. 

I don't agree with this at all.  You face your opposition -- in this case, these were his biggest allies.   He made a commitment.  He shows.   The union leadership was not walking.  Just the members.    You respect dissent. 

He ran away like a school girl.  Hell even mumbles Menino has taken his lumps and showed when he knows he was going to be hammered.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »
doc:

TRUE or FALSE...

Capitalism is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad people.   Come over to the commie side.  We have better cookies and delicious koolaid.   

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 08:21:08 AM »
Oh goody...another of the third party is the salvation groupies. ::)

For your information George,Wall street has been the vehicle behind a higher standard of living ever dreamed of in the USA.
A 401k,and IRA all part of the reasons many people have retired more comfortably then ever before while not bankrupting businesses (General Motors) or locals (state pension funds).

You talk utter bullshit that is nothing but idiotic drivel you have accepted into your weak and lazy mind with out for a second thinking for yourself.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »
Lord Undies:

Wall Street is funding my 401(k), and with smart investing, I might be able to retire comfortably. When "Wall Street" wins, so do investors, and therefore, so does Main Street. Look elsewhere for bogeymen.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 08:47:22 AM »
I LIKE PIE!!!!!!!!!
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.