Author Topic: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident  (Read 20048 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »
Looks like the P.R. team woke up.

He may be right about being entitled to privacy and his fame doesn't earn us a front row seat to his personal drama, but he's going to have to realize that life isn't fair and the public will eat you alive. The cat is out of the bag and his only option at this point is damage control.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
Not a shocker. 

He really needs to look into hiring some better PR dudes.   
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »

He may be right about being entitled to privacy and his fame doesn't earn us a front row seat to his personal drama, but he's going to have to realize that life isn't fair and the public will eat you alive. The cat is out of the bag and his only option at this point is damage control.

Yeah, you would think that "Team Tiger" would have been better prepared for this.  Of course, his handlers may have been flying somewhat blind too.

This whole sordid part of the story ceases to interest me.  I'm sure I'll catch some of it on sports talk shows, but my interest was pretty much just in the driving/accident/domestic violence angle.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
ALL THAT MONEY, ALL THAT YOUTH, ALL THAT ***** , even a Saint would be tempted. :evillaugh:An ordinary guy hasen't a chance! :tongue:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »
Ouch! One of his mistresses released a phone message :-)http://www.examiner.com/x-21058-Cleveland-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d2-Tiger-Woods-alleged-mistress-Jaimee-Grubbs-releases-voice-message-from-Tiger-Hear-the-message-here

I felt sick just listening to this! Good God! She's got him dead to rights now! :lmao:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
El Tigre has a full-blown Bill Clinton style bimbo eruption now. They are lining up at the MSM and tabloid pay windows. And now he's put this Jimmy Swaggart statement on his website, after the bimbos started peddling his voicemails and text messages. Tiger must have the worst PR firm in the entire universe. Unbelievable. Now even the worldwide leader in sports is piling on.

If you don't think it's news, that's fine, but in fact, it is. A billion-dollar enterprise and the world's greatest athlete are at the center of a PR firestorm.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:12 AM »
El Tigre has a full-blown Bill Clinton style bimbo eruption now. They are lining up at the MSM and tabloid pay windows. And now he's put this Jimmy Swaggart statement on his website, after the bimbos started peddling his voicemails and text messages. Tiger must have the worst PR firm in the entire universe. Unbelievable. Now even the worldwide leader in sports is piling on.

If you don't think it's news, that's fine, but in fact, it is. A billion-dollar enterprise and the world's greatest athlete are at the center of a PR firestorm.

One would think, with all the gossipy craziness that gets slathered all over the headlines, that there would be a group of people in the PR/Legal arena, that would get hired just for this very reason.  So people's personal business doesn't become public.  It is pretty elementary.  And, it does get wearisome, seeing the same old dirty laundry being trotted out. 

OTOH.  Maybe now we won't have to hear anything about the Jacksons for a while?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
I am not a Tiger fan. I pull for Phil. However, I do hope that he patches things up with his wife and behaves himself in the future. I am sure he realizes that a great deal of his earnings/endorsements could go down the tube. He needs to do some serious soul searching.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2009, 11:38:34 AM »
Or anymore of the punk Levi Johnson he makes me want to vomit
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
I am not a Tiger fan. I pull for Phil. However, I do hope that he patches things up with his wife and behaves himself in the future. I am sure he realizes that a great deal of his earnings/endorsements could go down the tube. He needs to do some serious soul searching.

Yeah that. Family comes first and I hope he's sincere about making all of this right with them.

I can't help but think that he may have gone against the advice of his handlers and/or kept them as much out of the loop as Mrs. Woods. Obviously if the guy was fooling around he wouldn't want anyone to know and probably hoped up until the last moment that none of this would come out. He should have fessed up to his team and let them get out in front of this to try and take the sting out. It won't matter how inaccurate some of these allegations turn out to be. This IS turning into a Clintonian nightmare.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

He wants the public to leave him alone until he needs them to buy tickets to tournaments and products he endorses. I think it's a double-standard. BACK OFF PUBLIC! RIGHT TO PRIVACY! Now will you please buy a Gillette razor and an Escalade so I can continue to live in my mansion? Thanks.

Bah! I had so much respect for this guy. No more.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
He's admitting it all in a statement on his website.

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.
I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2009, 12:37:57 PM »
ALL THAT MONEY, ALL THAT YOUTH, ALL THAT ***** , even a Saint would be tempted. :evillaugh:An ordinary guy hasen't a chance! :tongue:

:cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Truer words were Never spoken------That goes for both of them.

Mother in all her 87 year old glory is becoming some what of a liberal these days.

Before any of the confession of his transgressions came out, Mom gave me a interesting example of the thinking from her generation messed up with today's generations.

Strange story she told me,--- how did Tiger get his face cut if the back window was broken?

She wonders about the golf club for example, does Tiger leave his prized golf clubs scattered about the house?

No blood in the car from his head wounds.?

Did anyone check the wife for drugs or booze.? Not so outlandish --when the police come to an accident scene to find a auto that has been in an accident and the mans wife beating the heck out of the car with a golf club at 2:30 in the morning.

Her theory;

She thinks it was building up since the newspaper story.   All woman will tell you that at the slightest sniff of our man catting around.   They start snooping, checking credit card recipes, and the worse, they begin to watch their men very carefully.

A man that is innocent will not even notice the slight change in their wife's attitude.

A guilty male at first is on guard and takes extreme caution to keep his double life a secret. One tip off is if the husband suddenly becomes jealous of her. Keeps her off balance so she won't see him as he is.   Sooner or later the male gets sloppy, doesn't check his pockets for notes or receipts. Worse he may Begin to buy wife gilt gifts become more interested in sex with her and over do the compliments.  

Mom thinks that this must have been along the lines of her scenario. My Mom the female detective, calling Miss Marple.

Whatever, after the story came out about the Lady and the Tiger, wife snooped his phone.

Only conjecture of what actually happend from there on in.

100 ways this story could have played out.

As a fan of Colombo and real life mystery's I could imagine with Moms input a scene such as this.

That night Tiger slept in his trophy room fully clothed as she had kicked him out of her bedroom.

She spent hours on the phone with her friends trying to make sense out of her life going out the window. Perhaps she finally at 2 AM  recieved from someone in the know a call with bad news, there are more even worse transgressions that will be pasted on bill boards world wide.

Wife marches into Trophy room and demands an accounting but Hubby pretends to be asleep or ignores her.   Wife in a rage picks up off the wall a special golf club put on display and smacks hubby in the head.  

Hubby gets up and staggers out still fully clothed and gets in car, then he may have blacked out and the car rolls backward into a tree and fire plug.  Wife still steaming but with little idea of the damage she did to Hubby's head then takes her frustration out on the car.

Everyone comes a running and there she stands---anyone know how she was dressed at the time,?
holding a lethal weapon in her hands.

OPTIONS for her at this point, make up anykind of story about why she was busting windows---later if her story does not wash then claim  she was in shock.

She cries and shrieks with fear for her husbands life  and on the way to the hospital with Tiger, has her hand held calculate out figuring out the difference in just how much she can get from a divorce or his death or how much she would have to settle for if they stayed together after the kids left home.

Darn got to hand it to my Mother, only question I had for her after the exercise in playing detective was-----------Why Mom had never before revealed all the secrets woman have to catch a cheating man.  In my life I could have with that knowledge spaired myself much grief.

Her answer was simple------She did not want to visit me in prison.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »
It's just gossip because of who Tiger is.

I'm guessing most people were discussing it with that in mind. :)

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »
AND all those women throwing themselves at him!!!!!
IMHO he and his attorneys handled the situation perfectly: lips zipped until accident matter settled, perfect statement now on his web site. No TV appearance where the vipers can tear him apart for (they hope) big ratings.  IT'S OVER.  Privacy now for him and his wife. He's learned his lesson. I can't wait to watch him on the golf course again. I'll bet next time he steps on a golf course, the  cheers of the crowd will echo around the world.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »
Rush was telling his audience that a mutual confidant of Professor Limbaugh and the Woods Family has told him of multiple "family counselling sessions" at the Woods home PER DAY, of a 7-figure fund transfer to an account controlled solely by Mrs. Woods, and of attorneys being called in to modify the pre-nup, altering the separation terms (how long she must stay with Mr. Woods in order to qualify for what sum of money) considerably in her favor.

Sooo, Mr. Woods married a trophy wife, then let his ego convince him that he could give her a reason to take him to the cleaners with impugnity?  Sounds like any other dumb jock I've ever met/heard of.

I hope he's reduced to giving lessons to 68-year old fat chicks to make the rent. (Sorry, I take my wedding vows that seriously.)  Dumb jock should have known better.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 02:46:08 PM »
:cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Truer words were Never spoken------That goes for both of them.

Mother in all her 87 year old glory is becoming some what of a liberal these days.

Before any of the confession of his transgressions came out, Mom gave me a interesting example of the thinking from her generation messed up with today's generations.

Strange story she told me,--- how did Tiger get his face cut if the back window was broken?

She wonders about the golf club for example, does Tiger leave his prized golf clubs scattered about the house?

No blood in the car from his head wounds.?

Did anyone check the wife for drugs or booze.? Not so outlandish --when the police come to an accident scene to find a auto that has been in an accident and the mans wife beating the heck out of the car with a golf club at 2:30 in the morning.

Her theory;

She thinks it was building up since the newspaper story.   All woman will tell you that at the slightest sniff of our man catting around.   They start snooping, checking credit card recipes, and the worse, they begin to watch their men very carefully.

A man that is innocent will not even notice the slight change in their wife's attitude.

A guilty male at first is on guard and takes extreme caution to keep his double life a secret. One tip off is if the husband suddenly becomes jealous of her. Keeps her off balance so she won't see him as he is.   Sooner or later the male gets sloppy, doesn't check his pockets for notes or receipts. Worse he may Begin to buy wife gilt gifts become more interested in sex with her and over do the compliments. 

Mom thinks that this must have been along the lines of her scenario. My Mom the female detective, calling Miss Marple.

Whatever, after the story came out about the Lady and the Tiger, wife snooped his phone.

Only conjecture of what actually happend from there on in.

100 ways this story could have played out.

As a fan of Colombo and real life mystery's I could imagine with Moms input a scene such as this.

That night Tiger slept in his trophy room fully clothed as she had kicked him out of her bedroom.

She spent hours on the phone with her friends trying to make sense out of her life going out the window. Perhaps she finally at 2 AM  recieved from someone in the know a call with bad news, there are more even worse transgressions that will be pasted on bill boards world wide.

Wife marches into Trophy room and demands an accounting but Hubby pretends to be asleep or ignores her.   Wife in a rage picks up off the wall a special golf club put on display and smacks hubby in the head. 

Hubby gets up and staggers out still fully clothed and gets in car, then he may have blacked out and the car rolls backward into a tree and fire plug.  Wife still steaming but with little idea of the damage she did to Hubby's head then takes her frustration out on the car.

Everyone comes a running and there she stands---anyone know how she was dressed at the time,?
holding a lethal weapon in her hands.

OPTIONS for her at this point, make up anykind of story about why she was busting windows---later if her story does not wash then claim  she was in shock.

She cries and shrieks with fear for her husbands life  and on the way to the hospital with Tiger, has her hand held calculate out figuring out the difference in just how much she can get from a divorce or his death or how much she would have to settle for if they stayed together after the kids left home.

Darn got to hand it to my Mother, only question I had for her after the exercise in playing detective was-----------Why Mom had never before revealed all the secrets woman have to catch a cheating man.  In my life I could have with that knowledge spaired myself much grief.

Her answer was simple------She did not want to visit me in prison.

Hi 5 to your mother Vesta....I think she has figured it all out pretty much right on the tee.... :evillaugh:

Having had some experience ..... once you know your husband is cheating...doesn't matter what he says....in today's world it's pretty easy to connect all the dots.

Even hotels will give you information if you call them and tell them you left something in the room.... :uhsure:

Cell phones and emails are such a font of information too.... :evillaugh:

Mrs Tiger deserves anything she can get from him.......except I do hope what she gets is not contagious....because men of a certain status....are too stupid to realize they are still susceptible to those nasty little germs/viruses that don't ever go away.... ::)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »
Rush was telling his audience that a mutual confidant of Professor Limbaugh and the Woods Family has told him of multiple "family counselling sessions" at the Woods home PER DAY, of a 7-figure fund transfer to an account controlled solely by Mrs. Woods, and of attorneys being called in to modify the pre-nup, altering the separation terms (how long she must stay with Mr. Woods in order to qualify for what sum of money) considerably in her favor.

Sooo, Mr. Woods married a trophy wife, then let his ego convince him that he could give her a reason to take him to the cleaners with impugnity?  Sounds like any other dumb jock I've ever met/heard of.

I hope he's reduced to giving lessons to 68-year old fat chicks to make the rent. (Sorry, I take my wedding vows that seriously.)  Dumb jock should have known better.

D6.  High Five.  And have a beer on me.   :cheersmate:

Offline Daisy

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
My very very last post on Tiger.
It's terrible that he cheated on his beautiful wife and two children.

It's WORSE that he trash talked his wife and marriage to a mistress in voice mails.

He may be the greatest golfer who ever lived,  beyond that, he aint smart.

Offline bkg

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 03:53:55 PM »
$100M in endorsements likely to go away. Guy's a friggen moron.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
In relationships, money is not the be all end all, tho important. Meeting needs is more important, and is sure seems as if one or both were failing there.

If they were undergoing counceling daily , there was something profoundly wrong in that relationship.

Tiger, don't mess with a Viking lady Warrior. Strong people, strong minded and known for occasional bursts of deadly violence. Can't deal, can't compromise, time to move on.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 04:46:30 PM »
I don't know the lady...but she could also be a money hungry type who saw an opportunity and went for it.  She was an au-pair and was introduced to Tiger right before she was supposed to be sent back to Sweden.  Still, nothing justifies a cheat..but he shouldv'e thought with his brain.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
$100M in endorsements likely to go away. Guy's a friggen moron.

Kobe Bryant recovered from a scandal that was worse, and his jersey is back to being the #1 seller in the NBA.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline bkg

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
Kobe Bryant recovered from a scandal that was worse, and his jersey is back to being the #1 seller in the NBA.

Also a completely different fan base.