Author Topic: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident  (Read 20047 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
I think you have figured it out. And she was whomping his dome with that 4-iron trying to wake him up. That's gotta be it.

I've always admired Tiger, and I expected that Team Tiger would have the benefit of the best PR advice in the world. Instead they have completely botched it. He badly needs the team that helped Slick Willie with all his bimbo eruptions.

The Arkansas Mafia?

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »
Sorry, I'm not a golfer.  What is this 'Tiger' of which y'all speak?  Is he any good?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
Tiger just announced the end of his golf season:

http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-pulls-out-of-chevron-announces-end-to-his-golf-seas/

Other than the tournament he hosts this week, he pretty much shuts it down for the season now anyway.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline bkg

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
I still say this isn't news-worthy. But that's just me.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
I still say this isn't news-worthy. But that's just me.

Arguably the most famous athlete in the world involved in a single-car accident early in the morning that is mostly unexplained.  I can understand the news-worthiness.  Doesn't mean I'm waiting on pins & needles for updates or anything.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
This just in, Phil Mickelson has been seen meeting with Elin Nordegren.  Apparently Phil is trying to get some tips from Elin on how to beat Tiger.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
This just in, Phil Mickelson has been seen meeting with Elin Nordegren.  Apparently Phil is trying to get some tips from Elin on how to beat Tiger.

:rimshot:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Sometimes things are what they seem.  His wife got mad because of the rumors he was having an affair, he jumped into the car to get away, she followed behind him out of the house with a golf club and broke out the window, he hit a fire hydrant and a tree.  Makes perfect sense.

Will they claim that's what happened?  I dunno.  But my goodness, the clues are all there.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 11:12:32 AM »
Heard a little while ago that Florida has a zero tolerance law for domestic abuse. The abuser gets carted to jail.

That could be why the police are so determined to get all the "correct" facts instead of what Tiger wants them to know. He's trying to keep her from going to jail...

If wifey actually did hit him in the face ....with or without the golf club...she gets arrested.

I guess the positive in this is that the police are not willing to just accept a celebrity's excuse and let them off the hook because of who they are.... :clueless:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:21 AM »

I guess the positive in this is that the police are not willing to just accept a celebrity's excuse and let them off the hook because of who they are.... :clueless:

LAPD could take some pointers in that regard.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »
Sorry, I'm not a golfer.  What is this 'Tiger' of which y'all speak?  Is he any good?

:rotf:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
Heard a little while ago that Florida has a zero tolerance law for domestic abuse. The abuser gets carted to jail.

That could be why the police are so determined to get all the "correct" facts instead of what Tiger wants them to know. He's trying to keep her from going to jail...

If wifey actually did hit him in the face ....with or without the golf club...she gets arrested.

We'll see if this blows over and 6 months later the local PD gets some new squad cars or something.  :fuelfire:

Offline Daisy

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »
I repeat: This is a domestic issue. We all have them. Let the Tiger Woods family kiss and make up in private. Despite opinions of the many legal eagles above, by law, neither Tiger nor Elin must talk to the cops or anyone else. No doubt Tiger is listening to his attorneys.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »
What does it matter if someone here suggests he comes clean?  We're just talking among ourselves.  No harm.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
I repeat: This is a domestic issue. We all have them. Let the Tiger Woods family kiss and make up in private. Despite opinions of the many legal eagles above, by law, neither Tiger nor Elin must talk to the cops or anyone else. No doubt Tiger is listening to his attorneys.

Yes it is a domestic issue.....one where the cops were called, an ambulance, a fire truck as a first responder.

He was apparently in and out of consciousness for several minutes.

He was admitted to the hospital where he was kept overnight.

He had lacerations on his face....with no blood in the car.....face lacerations bleed something fierce.

Again ...Florida has a zero tolerance law regarding domestic abuse.

IF this had been kept behind closed doors.....no one would ever have known....the Woods' family could kiss and make up....go their separate ways....whatever.

But it became public as soon as the cops were called.

Just as it would be public if the cops were called to almost anybody's house. Lots of places publish police/ambulance/fire calls in the paper.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline bkg

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
Is Woods a conservative? Cause it's only public/news when it's a conservative. Just ask Bill and Hillary supporters.  :tongue:

Still not news. Sorry - you'll never get me to agree to that. It's a distraction that the media is over-covering to keep people from focusing on the real news - the news that affects our lives...

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »

Still not news. Sorry - you'll never get me to agree to that. It's a distraction that the media is over-covering to keep people from focusing on the real news - the news that affects our lives...

I totally agree with you....it is NOT news.

But between Tiger and the media distorting the issue with Huckabee and the murdering animal in Tacoma....not much time left to talk about the health care bill and how it's going to screw us all over....

I just heard by chance yesterday...that for those of us who have health insurance on our own...rather than through work....our premiums will increase something like 15%!!!

It's already a f'n fortune which is why I don't have any right now. I can't afford $500 a month for health insurance...I saw the doctor twice this year...cost me $150....total.

Sorry for going off topic....but the health care bills are being discussed in both the House and Senate right now and the news is full of Tiger....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:59:07 PM by debk »

Offline bkg

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »
I totally agree with you....it is NOT news.

But between Tiger and the media distorting the issue with Huckabee and the murdering animal in Tacoma....not much time left to talk about the health care bill and how it's going to screw us all over....

I just heard by chance yesterday...that for those of us who have health insurance on our own...rather than through work....our premiums will increase something like 15%!!!

It's already a f'n fortune which is why I don't have any right now. I can't afford $500 a month for health insurance...I saw the doctor twice this year...cost me $150....total.

I like you... but the last sentence grates on me. I'm very tired of hearing it (not from you) from people who spend hundreds a month on cable, internet, lattes, eating out, xbox, travel, blah blah blah blah... Most of the people I know who say they cannot afford insurance (again, not pointing fingers at all) have way more stuff than I will ever hope to.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
I like you... but the last sentence grates on me. I'm very tired of hearing it (not from you) from people who spend hundreds a month on cable, internet, lattes, eating out, xbox, travel, blah blah blah blah... Most of the people I know who say they cannot afford insurance (again, not pointing fingers at all) have way more stuff than I will ever hope to.

The fact that I don't have health insurance is NO ONE'S RESPONSIBILITY BUT MINE.

I DON"T want government to control the health insurance industry....all I want is for it to be competitive and be able to have more choices than what I have in the state of TN. I'm self employed with no benefits, so I must buy my own insurance. I get lumped into a group of unhealthy people, and because of my age - 56 - my rates get raised at least once or twice a year....even though I haven't been to the doctor!!

Yes I can afford insurance at reasonable rates...I can probably afford $500 a month....but the coverage sucks for that much money. Getting personal...I have no "parts"....yet because of my age, I'm considered a high risk for uterine and ovarian cancer....so my rate gets increased. Helllllooooo....I don't have those parts!...but I have to pay for it anyway.

I want tort reform.

I want to be able to pick my own doctors, go to them when I want, and be able to have preventative health care on my terms not the government's.

I want more competition in the health insurance market so that I have better choices for insurance and better coverage. Pretty sad when paying several hundred dollars a month for insurance and have to pay for half the cost of a hysterectomy.

I don't expect the government to pay for my health care....nor do I want them or anyone else to. I don't want to pay for anybody else's either.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 01:19:10 PM »

Yes it is a domestic issue.....one where the cops were called, an ambulance, a fire truck as a first responder.

He was apparently in and out of consciousness for several minutes.

He was admitted to the hospital where he was kept overnight.

He had lacerations on his face....with no blood in the car.....face lacerations bleed something fierce.

Again ...Florida has a zero tolerance law regarding domestic abuse.

IF this had been kept behind closed doors.....no one would ever have known....the Woods' family could kiss and make up....go their separate ways....whatever.

But it became public as soon as the cops were called.

Just as it would be public if the cops were called to almost anybody's house. Lots of places publish police/ambulance/fire calls in the paper.

Exactly. And it doesn't matter who you are when it comes to a police investigation - you have to cooperate or face the consequences. I'm sure the Woods have $1000 an hour attorneys on speed dial. Which begs the question - why did this get so bungled up in the media?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bkg

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
The fact that I don't have health insurance is NO ONE'S RESPONSIBILITY BUT MINE.

I DON"T want government to control the health insurance industry....all I want is for it to be competitive and be able to have more choices than what I have in the state of TN. I'm self employed with no benefits, so I must buy my own insurance. I get lumped into a group of unhealthy people, and because of my age - 56 - my rates get raised at least once or twice a year....even though I haven't been to the doctor!!

Yes I can afford insurance at reasonable rates...I can probably afford $500 a month....but the coverage sucks for that much money. Getting personal...I have no "parts"....yet because of my age, I'm considered a high risk for uterine and ovarian cancer....so my rate gets increased. Helllllooooo....I don't have those parts!...but I have to pay for it anyway.

I want tort reform.

I want to be able to pick my own doctors, go to them when I want, and be able to have preventative health care on my terms not the government's.

I want more competition in the health insurance market so that I have better choices for insurance and better coverage. Pretty sad when paying several hundred dollars a month for insurance and have to pay for half the cost of a hysterectomy.

I don't expect the government to pay for my health care....nor do I want them or anyone else to. I don't want to pay for anybody else's either.

:cheersmate:

Offline Daisy

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
What does it matter if someone here suggests he comes clean?  We're just talking among ourselves.  No harm.

No harm at all. It's just gossip because of who Tiger is. The Enquirer will make a lot of money. I'm moving on.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 02:02:04 PM »
Breaking News.  Florida HWY Patrol News Conference:  Tiger Woods charged with careless driving.  The end.   
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:59 AM »
Tiger Admits "Transgressions"

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.