Author Topic: The Official: Iranian Revolution Thread  (Read 7904 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
The Official: Iranian Revolution Thread
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »
Today is the day. The mullahs ordered the protesters off the streets but the protesters have defied them.

Will the police and army obey orders?

Which side gives way first?

Will notions of freedom carry beyond the mullah-rigged non-election of the mullah-approved candidates?

The success of the Iranian people is the war the US and Israel will not have to fight.

Post the stories here as they come in.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: The Official: Iranian Revolution Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:42:41 AM »
Twitter is a great place to find current info.  Go here:
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23iranelection

This is supposedly Mousavi's FB page with info but I can't verify:
http://www.facebook.com/mousavi?sid=42171be302b9829ba69f3ee6e3f70521&ref=search

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »
From one minute ago:

RT @iranbaan Trying 2 translate: Appears plain clothes police in Vanak Square are mostly 15-16 year olds #iranelection

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:45:57 AM »
Great video from the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/2009/06/090620_og_tehran_shooting.shtml

On a side note - I am having to watch CNN since Fox doesn't have much.  It's funny to listen to the CNN talking heads talk about Iran "state run media." 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:47:38 AM by Traveshamockery »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:50:00 AM »
Great video from the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/iran/2009/06/090620_og_tehran_shooting.shtml
I don't know if "great" is the first adjective I'd choose but it is compelling.

It's also heartbreaking.

People should not fear what should only be constituted for their common defense.

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »
I don't know if "great" is the first adjective I'd choose but it is compelling.

It's also heartbreaking.

People should not fear what should only be constituted for their common defense.

You are correct - "great" probably is not the proper word.  Heartbreaking it is. 

Do you ever see the possibility of this happening in our country?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

You are correct - "great" probably is not the proper word.  Heartbreaking it is. 

Do you ever see the possibility of this happening in our country?
Apart from the 60's?

I hope not.

People like Obama can win elections in a country whose top show is literally titled "American Idol" but when really policy is t be decided by people who actually have to work here his type get stymied fairly quickly. Not that we should ever lower our vigilance but the neforcement mechanisms real tyrants rely on just won't work on real Americans. If the Iranian Republican Guard is balking at orders to kill their family and neighbors you can rest assured the Colorado Army National Guard would walk away from such orders.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:51:11 AM »
FNC just had a clip of a demonstration from Tehran, which had a lot of people running past a fairly decent-sized fire in the middle of an intersedtion.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
Bomb exploded in Tehran.

Police/militia using axs and daggers
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,527762,00.html

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 10:32:34 AM »
This sort of thing does not usually end well for the opponents of the government. Any government. And most dictators don't mind killing a few dozen people to make a point.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
Do they get 72 virgins if they're killed by their own Army?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:43:19 PM »
If we had a real mannn in office we would be arming the revolution.
But O the pansy won't do anything to upset his islamist masters.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »
The biggest problem with Obama is that he's never run anything, no management expierience at all. He's never had to make a real decision that was his and his alone. He's out of his element, and is totally afraid of failure and to look bad.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 02:15:01 PM »
If I could H5 Mr Mannn and the IHD, I would.  You guys are dead on.

With the impending moves by our own government, let's try to see that it doesn't happen here . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline LoveME

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
 :fuelfire: :fuelfire: This is exactly like if the Gore supporters where to have started fires and then blamed bush for stealing the ellection.
At Seenote 0 Productions Global our goal is to make "love" our number one thought process in our productions, and in our lives. The infinite universe's ever lasting quest for truth, need only find ever lasting love! Love is the only form of control when there are balances and equality in place!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 06:05:44 PM »
:fuelfire: :fuelfire: This is exactly like if the Gore supporters where to have started fires and then blamed bush for stealing the ellection.

Nah. Cause everyone knew Gore lost. loser rats threw no mass 500,000 man demonstrations.
Freepers outnumbered the democrats on the streets. There was even a protest outside Gore's Veep mansion where Freepers chanted, "Get out of Cheney's house!"

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »
A side note: - DUmmies and other mindless Zobambies reaction shows logical disconnect.

So many of them are thanking Obama for planting the seeds of the Iranian revolution, without considering the consequences. If Obama is responsible, there are two options;

A ) Obama must support the revolution, which means getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with the United States.
B ) If Obama does nothing, or only makes pretty speeches, he is responsible for sending the youth of Iran to die.

Both options result in the US losing support from Muslim nations. Both options result in needless death. Yet Neither option is opposed by the DUmbasses at large, even though if President Bush were still in office, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be audible through my Internet connection.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 06:58:02 PM »

Not even close because we don`t have a barbaric dictatorial rule (yet) where an election so onesided towards those who oppress the citizens wins by a huge margin.

Not sure your political ilk but to compare any US election with those in truly oppressive regimes is just not accurate.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:13 PM »
I could MAYBE sympathize with Mr Obama when things were in their infancy protest-wise but now that Iran is in full-fledged rebellion he seems determined to take his place in history next Neville Chamberlain and Jimmy Carter.

FFS the man went out for ice cream while a country we could be at war with is falling down...doesn't he at least want ot see it fall in a harmless direction?

Offline LoveME

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
Not even close because we don`t have a barbaric dictatorial rule (yet) where an election so onesided towards those who oppress the citizens wins by a huge margin.

Not sure your political ilk but to compare any US election with those in truly oppressive regimes is just not accurate.

This is all hypothetically speaking of course. I just feel that if Americans were to be doing the same thing here in America.. burning houses, and garbage cans :fuelfire: for 4 days straight, they might meet some resistance. The Police in America will kill you if you pull out a butter knife! Come on.
At Seenote 0 Productions Global our goal is to make "love" our number one thought process in our productions, and in our lives. The infinite universe's ever lasting quest for truth, need only find ever lasting love! Love is the only form of control when there are balances and equality in place!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »

This is all hypothetically speaking of course. I just feel that if Americans were to be doing the same thing here in America.. burning houses, and garbage cans :fuelfire: for 4 days straight, they might meet some resistance. The Police in America will kill you if you pull out a butter knife! Come on.
Again there is NO comparison. The Gore thing was just silly. No one cared that Gore lost.
Well stupid moonbat liberals who never has sex might care, but normal educated people Know Al the loser never won in the first place.

BUT there is two other major differences.
1) Americans are armed.
2) Our military won't fire on US citizens.

In Iran, police have NO fear of shooting into a crowd of 500,000 people.
In America 500,000 ARMED men will dwarf the national guard and police forces that could be mustered against them.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 10:47:48 PM »

were is the Bush secret army again?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »
Love Me is from the DU faggot forum. He just said he has music videos that can brief us on genocide on another thread.

Hey! Gay boy! Gore Lost and there is no comparison with Iran.   

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »
Maybe if Gore was able to win his own state...

Offline LoveME

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 01:07:40 AM »
Love Me is from the DU faggot forum. He just said he has music videos that can brief us on genocide on another thread.

Hey! Gay boy! Gore Lost and there is no comparison with Iran.   

Can someone ban this guy