Author Topic: Good Monday Morning!  (Read 7393 times)

Offline jendf

Good Monday Morning!
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:25:04 AM »
It's rainy this morning in Phoenix. High will be about 60 today. It rained all day yesterday which was glorious.

The New England Patriots arrived at Sky Harbor yesterday. The New York Giants will be arriving today. My local television coverage this week will be all Super Bowl all the time. Come Sunday, I'll be sick of hearing about the stupid game.

TOTD: Are you going to have a good week?

Heck yes!

Offline Flame

Re: Good Monday Morning!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »
Good morning!

Sunny today, in the midst of a heat wave here in WV..highs in the upper 40s!

Just saw the sign that Little League sign-ups start next weekend.  My life will once again be dictated by 3 conflicting schedules of kids' activities! 

TOTD:  I hope I have a good week...last week was pretty sucky, so I'm hoping for an improvement.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
Argh Flame! That means we are having sign ups soon too. I have the youngest at the babysitter today so I plan to get a bunch of paperwork, bills, and other assorted garbage done.

We should be around 50 today too and sunny!! woohoo! I'll have to get a walk in too later today to enjoy it since tomorrow is all day rain, but warm.

TOTD: I'm planning on it! I decided to go ahead and ditch my last class. I just could not stay focused no matter how much I sat in front of the books and material. I decided it was probably time to take a little break--one I've contemplated since last semester. I'll be back up to a fulltime load the end of march when the new semester starts. In the meantime, it feels good to be unencumbered with anything but 'mom' stuff. Breaths easy!

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »
Jty, if I were still in FL, practices for LL would have already started!  The good thing about LL is I love to watch baseball, so I always enjoy it!

Glad you have some time to chill and do "just mom" stuff...I'm sure that will keep you busy enough!!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »
Jty, if I were still in FL, practices for LL would have already started!  The good thing about LL is I love to watch baseball, so I always enjoy it!

Glad you have some time to chill and do "just mom" stuff...I'm sure that will keep you busy enough!!

Well enjoy. My daughter cracked her skull playing so I'm not so sure we are going to pursue that sport again.  :lmao: My littlest will be 4 in May so he's old enough to start in some of the team sports. I'm so excited about that since he's got a ton of energy and I think will love it!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:27:04 AM »
TOTD: well I hope so! the little one is sick today. Garden variety crud - nothing major.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
Happy Monday folks.  January is almost over  :cheersmate:  We are expecting another cold, rainy day today. 

TOTD:  I sure hope so.  I'll be working on making it an excellent week  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 09:17:58 AM »
If the 10-day forecast is to be believed, my little corner of Heaven is on a Spring roll.  Right now, it is too warm here for a January morning.

TOTD:  The week will suck and blow.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
If the 10-day forecast is to be believed, my little corner of Heaven is on a Spring roll.  Right now, it is too warm here for a January morning.

Your positive attitude is what I adore about you :-* :hyper:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:28 AM »
snow day here... kids off school all over, most people not going to work. its a winter wonderland in Seattle this morning... so pretty to wake up to.

i think my week will be the same ... nice, but busy.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
Morning! Trying to find a doctor for my little one, she is sick AGAIN! I love calling all those doctor's offices, half of them answering in Spanish, and asking them if they take my insurance or not. Most of the time they say no and hang up.   :banghead:

Anywoo, hope everyone has a blessed day today!

TOTD: I hope so, last week sucked. Maybe I will find a nanny job this week where people don't have me confused with an illegal worker and try to pay me $10 a day. Here's hoping!!!!

Offline debk

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:38:54 AM »
We're on a "heat wave" (upper 50's) today and tomorrow with thunderstorms coming in tomorrow late afternoon.

The weather guy even gave an ETA for them! ::)

TOTD: yep...going to be a good day! Showing houses....hope they like one ...:popcorn:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »

Your positive attitude is what I adore about you :-* :hyper:

Optimists are suckers waiting for disappointment.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »
Warmer here, gonna hit the mid 40's.

TOTD

HELL yes.  Beating last week would not be hard at this point.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Warmer here, gonna hit the mid 40's.

TOTD

HELL yes.  Beating last week would not be hard at this point.

You got the missus back home don't you, asd? woot!

Offline jendf

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »

That's my motto.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
Well, Monday means back to class.  I have to go talk to one of my professors' teaching assistants about a couple of recent absences (I've been battling a BAD head cold for the last two weeks, and there were a couple days where I just could not leave the apartment...my head hurt, and there were also instances where I couldn't keep anything down...not even water). 

TOTD: I hope I have a better week.  I just want to be WELL! I hate being sick, losing my voice, etc.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:48 AM »
[youtube=425,350]dwtKof6G5iw[/youtube]

Not Monday, Monday

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
I was suppose to go to my husband's work tonight for an open house type thing but my middle child is sick.  Took her to the doctor and she has the Flu...as in the real flu.  They did a flu test (the swabbing of the nose thing) and it came back positive.  She has been throwing up, a really bad headache and the last time I checked she had a fever of 104.5.  He prescribed Tamiflu and told me to stay away from her.    :whatever:  I told him that I had had the flu shot and he said that the last 5 people he has diagnosed with the flu had the flu shot.  :(  When I called her school to let them know she had the flu they said that 5 kids parents had called in today because their kids have the flu as well. 

Oh a better note, when I went to go pick up her Tamiflu I got stuff to make Chicken Salad and I just ate a Chicken Salad sandwich and it was YUMMY!

TOTD:  I better have a great weekend with Schade coming for her visit.  If I don't then it will be her fault.   :p

Oh by the way, have any of you used Tamiflu before when you had the flu and has it helped?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:11:30 PM by BEG »

Offline Flame

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:08 PM »
Oh by the way, have any of you used Tamiflu before when you had the flu and has it helped?

My sister used it about a month ago, and it seemed to help her kick it more quickly than normal....hope your kiddo feels better soon, and I hope you don't end up with the flu for Schade's visit.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

My sister used it about a month ago, and it seemed to help her kick it more quickly than normal....hope your kiddo feels better soon, and I hope you don't end up with the flu for Schade's visit.

So do I, I'm really nervous about it.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
Tamiflu has some warnings associated with it..behavioral I think?
Never tried it

Blizzard here, excuse me "winter storm warning"...its paused for a bit, so I grabbed the kid and got home while the getting was good as the snow drifting across the roads is making driving difficult.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »

If you do end up with the flu, don't discard the thought God maybe trying to tell you something.  :lmao:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »

If you do end up with the flu, don't discard the thought God maybe trying to tell you something.  :lmao:

LOL Are you trying to tell me that Schade is a bad influence?   :p

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »

LOL Are you trying to tell me that Schade is a bad influence?   :p

Well, if the influence fits...... :uhsure: