Author Topic: Good Monday Morning!  (Read 7394 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Good Monday Morning!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
It warmed up here too.

If today is any indication of how this week will go I say this will be a crappy week.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
It warmed up here too.

If today is any indication of how this week will go I say this will be a crappy week.

I was right about today.  The weather service got it all wrong for the second day.  It hasn't budged out of the upper 50's all day.  It's beem cloudy and misty.  People around here are not in a jolly mood.

My daughter came and took my shopping.  No one had a smile.  It is a blue Monday without officially being a Blue Monday. 

Offline jendf

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
Oh by the way, have any of you used Tamiflu before when you had the flu and has it helped?

I have not used it or know anyone who does. But I would use it sparingly just in case...I'm starting to get paranoid about a lot of drugs on the market.

Not to scare you or anything:
http://www.mercola.com/2005/nov/22/tamiflu_implicated_in_childrens_deaths.htm

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:22:55 PM by jendf »

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
TOTD: It will be a very good week.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
Uggh, thankfully Monday is over.  Work was just blah today.  It's all cloudy outside and pretty much sucked ass all day.

TOTD:  While today was kind of crappy, I think everyday will get better.  So, overall, good week in store.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline debk

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 06:57:21 PM »
BEG....hope your little one is feeling better.

A bunch of us on milnet have had the "crud". I got it the day before Thanksgiving and was down sick for 5 days...I haven't been sick in 4 or 5 years! The stomach thing, fever, headaches, cough and nose thing.

Got better, but couldn't get rid of the cough....then got it all back, except for the stomach part, 2 days after Christmas. Down for another couple of days.

Everyone that I've talked to has done pretty much the same thing with or without meds. One of the guys at milnet is just getting better after round 3....and he's been going to the dr. :o

I did lots of advil and Lipton diet citrus green tea...4-6 bottles a day. Supposedly it's good for you, though I'm not going to tell you what my other half thinks of the taste....he hasn't ever tasted what he compares it to...so I'm ignoring his comments. ::)

I have heard of several around here having it turn into walking pneumonia...be careful that you don't get it.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »
What a long day.  I hate not getting enough sleep.  Three hours is NOT enough.

TOTD:  meh.  it's always the same.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
How is your eye doing Chris?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »
How is your eye doing Chris?

It's stopped hurting.  I've been taking extra-strenght Tylenol for the last couple of days which is not something I normally do.  I made it through ten hours at work, so I think the rest of the week will be okay.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing better.....be careful and don't overdo though ok?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
I'm staying home from school today and going to bed early.  I didnt get any sleep last night.

Time for my eye drops.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
Oh by the way, have any of you used Tamiflu before when you had the flu and has it helped?

My sister used it about a month ago, and it seemed to help her kick it more quickly than normal....hope your kiddo feels better soon, and I hope you don't end up with the flu for Schade's visit.

So do I, I'm really nervous about it.

aww.. you girls are gonna have fun!

and i would be nervous too for my friend coming to a sick house... just use some lysol on everything, and tell Shade to use a bathroom that no one else uses.

oh, and wash her hands a lot while she's there.. and take some extra Vitamin C..

but have a blast! and have a shot for me..  :cheersmate:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
Tamiflu has some warnings associated with it..behavioral I think?
Never tried it

Blizzard here, excuse me "winter storm warning"...its paused for a bit, so I grabbed the kid and got home while the getting was good as the snow drifting across the roads is making driving difficult.

we're having that on the west coast as we speak.. its kinda weird.

my in laws just came thru from cold canada, on their way to sunny Palm Springs, Ca.. and there is snow in Cali as well. their plane got diverted to Phoenix last night and it took them all day to fly four hours from here to there.

weird..

Offline Lauri

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »
I'm staying home from school today and going to bed early.  I didnt get any sleep last night.

Time for my eye drops.

my husband had PRK this past summer and wow... what pain he had. I cant imagine letting someone do that stuff to my eyes.. but i dont wear glasses, so i dont really know what a hassle it was for him, for most of his life.

having to lie down and keep them closed for long periods... he was thankful it healed so quickly, but the pain afterwards was not fun to watch :-(

i hope you feel better as well. it sucks not sleeping..

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
The lasers weren't bad.  It's the needles that was the worst part.  And the swelling afterward. :bawl:

I got me some Dove dark chocolate... mmmm.  There goes those 8 pounds I lost.  Oh well. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
The lasers weren't bad.  It's the needles that was the worst part.  And the swelling afterward. :bawl:

I got me some Dove dark chocolate... mmmm.  There goes those 8 pounds I lost.  Oh well. 

:o      Needles?!   

Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food.   I may not have been able to have it in a solid form after my jaw surgery, but being able to make home-made chocolate malts was great! :)

Offline debk

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »
I've worn contacts for almost 40 years ( :o) ...I'd like to have the surgery...but frankly...it scares the hell out of me.

I could lose my hearing, and maybe my ability to speak...but if I lost my eyesight....I don't know that I could survive. I am terrible about changing my lenses...I usually wear them about a month at a time. I am very limited in my ability to function without either my lenses or glasses and the lens are so thick in my glasses it's ridiculous.!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 09:40:26 PM »

Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food.   I may not have been able to have it in a solid form after my jaw surgery, but being able to make home-made chocolate malts was great! :)

It's pretty bad when the doctors and nurses have to tell you to breathe.  GET THAT NEEDLE OUT OF MY EYE AND I'LL BREATHE!!  :bawl:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

It's pretty bad when the doctors and nurses have to tell you to breathe.  GET THAT NEEDLE OUT OF MY EYE AND I'LL BREATHE!!  :bawl:

Awwww!  :(  I can't even imagine how that felt, without wanting to just shiver. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »

They are sumpthin' else.  The last time (and I do mean LAST TIME) I went for my nerve continuity test, when they jab an 18-ga. needle four inches deep into my body every three inches, the neuro tech, about halfway through, said, "You're shaking.  What are you shakin' for?".  They can be damned insensitive.   

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »

They are sumpthin' else.  The last time (and I do mean LAST TIME) I went for my nerve continuity test, when they jab an 18-ga. needle four inches deep into my body every three inches, the neuro tech, about halfway through, said, "You're shaking.  What are you shakin' for?".  They can be damned insensitive.   

Ho-lee crap.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

husband said he could smell the burning smell when the lasers hit..

that kinda made my skin crawl when he said that... *blech*

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »

I had to have a shot of steroids in my eye once because I of UVeitis, that needle is scary.  They put that "Clockwork Orange" type opener on your eye and you can't exactly look away when they are coming at you with the needle.   :o

Offline Lauri

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »

I had to have a shot of steroids in my eye once because I of UVeitis, that needle is scary.  They put that "Clockwork Orange" type opener on your eye and you can't exactly look away when they are coming at you with the needle.   :o

oh.my.God.

:o

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 10:29:08 PM »

oh.my.God.

:o

At least they didn't suck any of my eye juice out like they did with Chris.  At least that is what I think they did.