Author Topic: Six women picked as jurors in George Zimmerman trial  (Read 17311 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Six women picked as jurors in George Zimmerman trial
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »
Junior detective in the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew club -Yes, I have a decoder ring

Holy crap! I read the books (Hardy Boys) when I was in elementary school, but that was a long long time ago. Was that from the TV show?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline here

• In case anyone ever asks, I wasn't really here
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
Holy crap! I read the books (Hardy Boys) when I was in elementary school, but that was a long long time ago. Was that from the TV show?

Hmm, joke.  I have no clue if they had decoder rings.  I'm more interested in decoding this

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »
I have a hard time believing he'll get a fair trial.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »
I'm predicting jury issues and likely a substitution.  As for a hung jury, I think he may be found guilty -I just have a feeling about the politics

That judge presiding over the case seems to be a handful:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-experts-ruling-20130622,0,7655747.story

I could understand her reasoning to exclude anti-Treyvon character testimony unless the prosecution opened that door, but these video experts cancel themselves out. The prosecution has a VERY weak case, the jury will have to railroad him to convict.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »
JD=Jurisprudence Doctor aka Lawyer, aka attorney, aka mouthpiece, aka counsellor, aka slipandfall.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »
I do think the only way is to find him innocent.,.....too many unknowns....Man there will be riots.  Destroying their own stufffs  :thatsright:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »
I do think the only way is to find him innocent.,.....too many unknowns....Man there will be riots.  Destroying their own stufffs  :thatsright:

Fence in the neighborhoods and let them have at it. Fewer problems immediately.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »
I notice the media is now using a younger photo of widdle Twayvon now.   :whatever:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
I notice the media is now using a younger photo of widdle Twayvon now.   :whatever:

Trayvon Martin; the modern fascist's Horst Wessel.

(I expect the modern Krystallnacht to kick off any time now.)
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »

That's a good point, but I think there's more to it. I think there may be riots if it is a hung jury. Or even if he is found guilty but not given the stiffest penalty possible.

My question is will the riots be just in Florida or throughout the country?

And would they even be a trial if his name was Jorge Martinez?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline CG6468

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »
My question is will the riots be just in Florida or throughout the country?

And would they even be a trial if his name was Jorge Martinez?

The media has ensured that the riots will be throughout the country. And No, if he was from Puerto Rico, Mexico or some other Latin American country.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
Dershowitz: Knock-knock joke told by Zimmerman's attorney grounds for mistrial
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/25/dershowitz-knock-knock-joke-told-by-zimmerman-attorney-was-inappropriate/

Legendary legal eagle Alan Dershowitz says he was stunned that George Zimmerman's defense lawyer told a "knock-knock joke" during his opening statement to the jury in the Trayvon Martin case.

The Harvard law professor, who was unavailable for comment early Tuesday, told “The Steve Malzberg Show” on Newsmax TV that he found the incident to be inappropriate for a murder trial.

"This is a murder case,” Dershowitz said. “The victim's family is sitting in the courtroom with tears in their eyes and he's telling a knock-knock joke? I just don’t get it.”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »
He just doesn't get it. PLONK!
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
George Zimmerman Witness Can't Read Letter She 'Wrote' About Shooting
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-cantt-read-letter-wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826#.UcyFXT7birs

A teenage friend of Trayvon Martin was forced to admit today in the George Zimmerman murder trial that she did not write a letter that was sent to Martin's mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Martin moments before he was shot.

In a painfully embarrassing moment, Rachel Jeantel was asked to read the letter out loud in court.

"Are you able to read that at all?" defense attorney Don West asked.

Sad she cannot read what she wrote. Public school is a joke. I wonder what impact it will have.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 02:10:52 PM »
George Zimmerman Witness Can't Read Letter She 'Wrote' About Shooting
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-cantt-read-letter-wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826#.UcyFXT7birs

Sad she cannot read what she wrote. Public school is a joke. I wonder what impact it will have.

Well, it pretty well proves that she didn't write what she the prosecutor claims she wrote, and therefore tosses her veracity right out the window.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline dixierose

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
Well, it pretty well proves that she didn't write what she the prosecutor claims she wrote, and therefore tosses her veracity right out the window.

The article I read mentioned that she had a friend write the letter for her so that it would be neat (or legible...I can't remember the exact term used). Sounds like a CYA to me.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
The article I read mentioned that she had a friend write the letter for her so that it would be neat (or legible...I can't remember the exact term used). Sounds like a CYA to me.

Her friend wrote the letter for her, writing what she said. She said she could not read the letter because she could not read cursive.

My God this girl is obnoxious. Every time she lies she starts bouncing in her seat.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
Her friend wrote the letter for her, writing what she said. She said she could not read the letter because she could not read cursive.

My God this girl is obnoxious. Every time she lies she starts bouncing in her seat.

Terminally dumb and obnoxious.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Who did she vote for president ?

Offline Dori

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »

In the inner cities, the schools are filled with kids just like her.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »
Hmmmm . . . doesn't look like any of you were that impressed with this star witness, either:

::)

Offline CG6468

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
What White People Don't Understand About Rachel Jeantel
Posted June 26, 2013 by Rachel Samara for Global Grind Staff

A predominantly white jury is not going to like Rachel Jeantel. Let's just be real here.

The 19-year-old Miami native is an easy target for obvious, yet shallow reasons. But let's not forget why she's actually on the stand in George Zimmerman's second degree murder trial. Rachel was the last person to speak to a living, breathing Trayvon Martin. The guilt, shame and sorrow she must feel is something most of us will never be able to comprehend. You could hear it in her voice, see it in her jittery body language. She is feeling the wrath of this highly publicized case.

Rachel was thrown head first into this murder story, unwillingly. And although she had repeatedly said she did not want to be a witness, did not even want to believe she was the last person Trayvon spoke to, Rachel took the stand for all the right reasons. She was asked to by the family of her deceased friend and feeling part of the burden for his death, she wanted to help.

Rachel was raw, emotional, aggressive and hostile, and she was unapologetically herself.

And if the 5 white jurors (excluding the 1 Latina) are like most white people I know, they are unfortunately not going to like Rachel. They won't understand her, especially not her defensive nature, and this will unfortunately work against her. Even though it shouldn't.

I can imagine George Zimmerman's defense is just hoping some of those 5 white jurors have some prejudices (as most people do), or hell, are even racist, because if they are, their tactic to make Rachel out to be less intelligent, rather than less credible than she actually is, might actually work.

Less intelligent and more confused.

Poor Rachel Samara writes about blacks the majority of the time. She's pissed because everyone thinks the "witness" is stupid.

From a black lib's point of view…..

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
Poor Rachel Samara writes about blacks the majority of the time. She's pissed because everyone thinks the "witness" is stupid.

From a black lib's point of view…..

Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it is probably a duck....same applies for stupidity.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
More excuse-making from a person who evidently routinely does that kind of thing.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.