Author Topic: Six women picked as jurors in George Zimmerman trial  (Read 17225 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Six women picked as jurors in George Zimmerman trial
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
It's another form of lib soft racism, excusing shortcomings instead of working to address those shortcomings.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Gee, maybe if she WASN'T a stuttering drunk moron, she wouldn't be treated like one.

BTW--how'd that Twitter-scrubbing go?  What?  People still saw that?  Damn, so much for her credibility.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »
Gee, maybe if she WASN'T a stuttering drunk moron, she wouldn't be treated like one.

BTW--how'd that Twitter-scrubbing go?  What?  People still saw that?  Damn, so much for her credibility.

Teenage Star Witness Against George Zimmerman Has Tweeted About Case, Getting High, And Her "Court Nails"
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/twitter/rachel-jeantel-758403
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline here

• In case anyone ever asks, I wasn't really here
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »
In the inner cities, the schools are filled with kids just like her.

Yet they will graduate -like she will next year

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 06:33:40 AM »
Yet they will graduate -like she will next year

Don't hold your breath.  Inner city HS graduation rates are hovering around the 35-40 percent range.  In some HS's, they're lower than that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
Don't hold your breath.  Inner city HS graduation rates are hovering around the 35-40 percent range.  In some HS's, they're lower than that.

The standards will be lowered to whatever it takes.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline here

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
The standards will be lowered to whatever it takes.

Can standards be lessened? My impression is the failures are technically due to state required attendance

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:41 AM »
Hilarious Skype Bombing Brings Halt To Witness Testimony In George Zimmerman Trial
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/skype/zimmerman-trial-skype-bombing-756390

As a witness in the George Zimmerman murder trial testified this morning via Skype, pranksters watching the case bombarded the man’s account with calls, forcing the judge to interrupt the man’s testimony.

As seen in the above video, Scott Pleasants, a criminal justice professor at Seminole State College, was testifying about Zimmerman taking a criminal investigation course in mid-2011 when the Skype meltdown occurred.

Pleasants, who was in Colorado, was about two minutes into his testimony when a steady barrage of incoming call boxes began popping up on the Skype screen. Each call was accompanied by a loud “pinging” sound. It appears that Pleasants's username was visible on the screen, prompting the troll patrol to muster.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
Wonder how many of those were DU members? And will any of them confess to it?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Wonder how many of those were DU members? And will any of them confess to it?

I wonder about that too. I would not be surprised if some confess to it.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
RIOT for Trayvon
https://www.facebook.com/RiotForTrayvon

Looks like they are planning a riot.

Sanford Police Chief Fears “Violence” in Response to Zimmerman Verdict
http://www.infowars.com/sanford-police-chief-fears-violence-in-response-to-zimmerman-verdict/

Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith and other city officials are worried that the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial could spark “violence” and have crafted a “secret law enforcement” plan to deal with potential social disorder.

A CNN report shows Sanford police going door to door in an attempt to calm residents about possible unrest in response to the Zimmerman verdict.

“Our worst fear is that we will have people from outside of the community coming in and stirring up….violence in the community,” Smith told CNN’s David Mattingly.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Linda

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 12:17:17 PM »
I have been watching the trial on the local TV station...WESH 2 out of Orlando.....

They have a picture of Zimmerman looking wide eyed and not very flattering...

They have a picture of Trayvon Martin as the 12 year old child that they keep pushing.....not the pot smoking, gun toting, gold tooth thug he really was.

They have lawyers coming in to explain what happened in the trail during the breaks...and it is so lopsided it isn't even funny.
Even the judge ruling on objections are coming across as favoring the prosecution....

But all in all I still see the defense as coming out ahead in this trial so far.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »
RIOT for Trayvon
https://www.facebook.com/RiotForTrayvon

Looks like they are planning a riot.

Sanford Police Chief Fears “Violence” in Response to Zimmerman Verdict
http://www.infowars.com/sanford-police-chief-fears-violence-in-response-to-zimmerman-verdict/

I reported the "Riot for Trayvon" page and this is the reply I got from Facebook.

You reported RIOT for Trayvon for containing hate speech or symbols.

Status   This page wasn't removed
Details   Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the page you reported for containing hate speech or symbols and found it doesn't violate our community standard on hate speech.

Evidently advocating violence against white people is okay with Farcebook.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »
There absolutely will be riots, not only there but all over the country.

Lock and load!

Offline here

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
There absolutely will be riots, not only there but all over the country.

Lock and load!

His mother could head off any predicted violence by asking that the verdict be respected before it is even read

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »
His mother could head off any predicted violence by asking that the verdict be respected before it is even read

Yeah, but as just another standard issue, honky-hating baby mama of a son of Barack, she won't.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CG6468

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »
CNN BROADCASTS ZIMMERMAN SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

by BEN SHAPIRO  1 Jul 2013

On Monday, CNN showed George Zimmerman’s Social Security number and other personal information live over the air, including address, date of birth, and phone number.

Officer Doris Singleton was testifying when the prosecutors showed a narrative report including Zimmerman’s information.
That immediately launched a round of tweets by Zimmerman haters celebrating knowledge of that information.

This is hardly the first time Zimmerman’s personal information has been distributed by those who oppose him. During the initial coverage of the Zimmerman trial, Spike Lee retweeted the home address of what he thought was Zimmerman’s home address. It turned out to be the wrong address. Roseanne Barr then tweeted Zimmerman’s parents’ home address. “If Zimmerman isn't arrested I'll rt his address again. maybe go 2 his house myself,” Barr tweeted.

This isn't the first element of media bias in the Zimmerman case, either. The Associated Press originally reported that Zimmerman was white. That falsehood was repeated for days by the media, heightening the racial aspect of the case.

The media also broadcast photographs of Zimmerman from a 2005 arrest rather than current photos, and conversely broadcast photographs of Martin as a pre-teen, not the 17-year-old he was at the time of the killing (the media's photographic choices actually impacted witness testimony during the trial).

Shake in my boots! Not Roseanne Barr!

Bite me, Clinton News Network 

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
The race baiting race card playing racists are rarely if ever held to account.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Linda

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
The race baiting race card playing racists are rarely if ever held to account.

I agree.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
Jurors hear from investigators, experts in Zimmerman case
by Rachel Delinski, Herald Editor
July 02 2013 at 2113

Things were heated in the courtroom Tuesday as prosecutors in the George Zimmerman case continued to call witnesses to the stand including investigators, experts and Zimmerman's best friend.

A major focus this week seems to be Zimmerman's injuries, how they could have been obtained and the severity of them.

Zimmerman has maintained that he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 24, 2012 after Martin attacked him and beat his head repeatedly into a concrete sidewalk.

Prosecutors questioned Sanford Police Officer Chris Serino, who served as the lead investigator on the case, about Zimmerman's injuries and whether or not he perceived them as being "life-threatening."

Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda asked Serino, "Did you feel as if he exaggerated the matter in which he was hit?"

Serino said, "Yessir."

However, Serino did not see Zimmerman until after midnight the evening of the incident - once Zimmerman had been treated by rescue units and allowed to clean-up.

Assisting Investigator Doris Singleton, who was the first to interview Zimmerman following the shooting at The Retreat at Twin Lakes, testified Monday that Zimmerman had never complained of pain and declined medical attention.

She mentioned, however, that his head was "actively bleeding" and he had dried blood under his nose when she first came in contact with him.

{snip}

However, while being interviewed by Defense Attorney Mark O'Mara, the possibilities were opened up. O'Mara suggested that each small cut on Zimmerman's face, nose and head could be from a separate swat, blow or slam from Martin.

"Anything is possible," said Rao.

O'Mara also seemed to damage the credibility of Rao as a witness when it was learned that Rao was recommended to appointment to her position by State Attorney Angela Corey - the special prosecutor who was appointed by Governor Rick Scott in March 2012 to take over the case.

Anything is possible????????

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
When they bury Attorney Angela Corey, they will have to bury her in a 12 foot deep grave.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
Trayvon Martin's Mother, Brother Testify That Teen Was Voice Heard Screaming For Help On 911 Call
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/trayvon-martin/trayvon-martin-911-calls-986378

Prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder case this morning called to the witness stand Trayvon Martin’s mother to testify that her son can be heard screaming for help in the background of a 911 call placed moments before the unarmed teenager was shot to death.

Sybrina Fulton, 47, told jurors that she "instantly" recognized her late son’s voice on a February 26, 2012 call placed by a woman who reported that a fight was underway in her Sanford, Florida gated community.

Asked by a prosecutor to identify who was yelling for help, Fulton answered “Trayvon Benjamin Martin.” When she was earlier asked to identify her two children, Fulton named her late son, adding “he’s in heaven.”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:05:16 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
Hmm...

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - Lawyers for George Zimmerman asked a judge on Friday to consider acquitting the former neighborhood watch volunteer of second-degree murder charges in the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, arguing the state failed to meet its burden of proof.

The motion came as prosecutors prepared to rest their case in Seminole County court after nine days of witness testimony aimed at undermining Zimmerman's claim that he shot and killed Martin in self-defense.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's lead lawyer, said there was "a very well-founded reasonable hypothesis of innocence" and that Zimmerman should be cleared of the charges.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Hmm...

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - Lawyers for George Zimmerman asked a judge on Friday to consider acquitting the former neighborhood watch volunteer of second-degree murder charges in the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, arguing the state failed to meet its burden of proof.

The motion came as prosecutors prepared to rest their case in Seminole County court after nine days of witness testimony aimed at undermining Zimmerman's claim that he shot and killed Martin in self-defense.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's lead lawyer, said there was "a very well-founded reasonable hypothesis of innocence" and that Zimmerman should be cleared of the charges.

The judge denied it. If I was the attorney I would have said that there was way more than reasonable doubt and as such the court must dismiss.

This was always going to go to the jury. The fix is in. Even if convicted, I expect it to get overturned on appeal. Too bad Zimmerman will have to spend some prison time.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi