Author Topic: Old fly rod  (Read 45589 times)

Offline Dblhaul

Re: Old fly rod
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
My fishing has slowed the last couple years. I bought acreage that needs a bit of work. I keep telling my wife that I have to retire early to get the chores done around here so I can go fishing all the time when I turn 65. That said, I still do my week long trip to a couple rivers in north Idaho that have beautiful west slope cuttys. I've been fishing these two rivers during the same week for the past 20 years. Taking a nephew that is new to fly fishing this year, will be a great time! I'll wait a few years before I introduce him to bamboo rods.  :whistling:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »
 :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »
Newest acquisition:

Late 30's to mid 40's Edwards F18 "Bristol" 8 1/2'.  BTW  the 18 refers to the price. These rods were the top of the line until you got into a "Edwards" marked rod. Think Quadrate.

Its in "good" condition and wont take much to restore.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2018, 12:46:33 AM »
Back from the Idaho trip. The nephew did fine! His casting clicked the last hour of the last day, but by that time he had already caught fish! He wants to go again next year, I told him to practice and go out and fish locally. He will be welcome next year:)

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2018, 10:45:39 PM »
Newest acquisition:

Late 30's to mid 40's Edwards F18 "Bristol" 8 1/2'.  BTW  the 18 refers to the price. These rods were the top of the line until you got into a "Edwards" marked rod. Think Quadrate.

Its in "good" condition and wont take much to restore.

Casting an Edwards quad made me want one. I now have two from newer makers. Love um!

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:38 PM »
Well, that didn't work well! 

I cast a Edwards quad, enjoyed it to the point that I have two quads from different makers now.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
Well, that didn't work well! 

I cast a Edwards quad, enjoyed it to the point that I have two quads from different makers now.

Nice!