Author Topic: The Latest Polls  (Read 34930 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: The Latest Polls
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
Careful with that Pew Poll; apparently it has an R +3 sample, according to Ace of Spades.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »
Careful with that Pew Poll; apparently it has an R +3 sample, according to Ace of Spades.

The others have a D +20 sample ....

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2012/10/04/updated-election-forecasting-model-still-points-romney-win-university

Updated election forecasting model still points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says
October 4, 2012

An update to an election forecasting model announced by two University of Colorado professors in August continues to project that Mitt Romney will win the 2012 presidential election.

According to their updated analysis, Romney is projected to receive 330 of the total 538 Electoral College votes. President Barack Obama is expected to receive 208 votes -- down five votes from their initial prediction -- and short of the 270 needed to win.

The new forecast by political science professors Kenneth Bickers of CU-Boulder and Michael Berry of CU Denver is based on more recent economic data than their original Aug. 22 prediction. The model itself did not change.

“We continue to show that the economic conditions favor Romney even though many polls show the president in the lead,” Bickers said. “Other published models point to the same result, but they looked at the national popular vote, while we stress state-level economic data.”

While many election forecast models are based on the popular vote, the model developed by Bickers and Berry is based on the Electoral College and is the only one of its type to include more than one state-level measure of economic conditions. They included economic data from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Their original prediction model was one of 13 published in August in PS: Political Science & Politics, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Political Science Association. The journal has published collections of presidential election models every four years since 1996, but this year the models showed the widest split in outcomes, Berry said. Five predicted an Obama win, five forecast a Romney win, and three rated the 2012 race as a toss-up.

The Bickers and Berry model includes both state and national unemployment figures as well as changes in real per capita income, among other factors. The new analysis includes unemployment rates from August rather than May, and changes in per capita income from the end of June rather than March. It is the last update they will release before the election.

Of the 13 battleground states identified in the model, the only one to change in the update was New Mexico -- now seen as a narrow victory for Romney. The model foresees Romney carrying New Mexico, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. Obama is predicted to win Michigan and Nevada.

In Colorado, which Obama won in 2008, the model predicts that Romney will receive 53.3 percent of the vote to Obama’s 46.7 percent, with only the two major parties considered.

While national polls continue to show the president in the lead, “the president seems to be reaching a ceiling at or below 50 percent in many of these states,” Bickers said. “Polls typically tighten up in October as people start paying attention and there are fewer undecided voters.”

The state-by-state economic data used in their model have been available since 1980. When these data were applied retroactively to each election year, the model correctly classifies all presidential election winners, including the two years when independent candidates ran strongly: 1980 and 1992. It also correctly estimates the outcome in 2000, when Al Gore won the popular vote but George W. Bush won the election through the Electoral College.

In addition to state and national unemployment rates, the authors analyzed changes in personal income from the time of the prior presidential election. Research shows that these two factors affect the major parties differently: Voters hold Democrats more responsible for unemployment rates, while Republicans are held more responsible for fluctuations in personal income.

Accordingly -- and depending largely on which party is in the White House at the time -- each factor can either help or hurt the major parties disproportionately.

In an examination of other factors, the authors found that none of the following had a statistically significant effect on whether a state ultimately went for a particular candidate: The location of a party’s national convention, the home state of the vice president or the partisanship of state governors.

The authors also provided caveats. Their model had an average error rate of five states and 28 Electoral College votes. Factors they said may affect their prediction include the timeframe of the economic data used in the study and that states very close to a 50-50 split may fall in an unexpected direction due to factors not included in the model.

“As scholars and pundits well know, each election has unique elements that could lead one or more states to behave in ways in a particular election that the model is unable to correctly predict,” they wrote.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »
University of Colorado predicts:

Romney will carry New Mexico, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. On the flip side, Obama will take Michigan and Nevada.

Also from The Blaze in reference to the University of Colorado:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/electoral-college-model-predicts-romney-will-win-even-bigger-than-previously-thought-in-2012/

Electoral College Model Predicts Romney Will Win Even Bigger Than Previously Thought in 2012

Posted on October 8, 2012

In August, TheBlaze told you about University of Colorado Professors Ken Bickers and Michael Berry and their highly-accurate Electoral College prediction model. As you may recall, Bickers and Berry, using their metrics, are able to retroactively predict every presidential win since 1980.

Their 2012 model made headlines two months ago because, despite polling, it found that Republican presidential candidate Romney would win 320 Electoral Votes, stealing the White House away from President Barack Obama. Now, an updated version of their study has come to the same conclusion — but it intensifies the numbers behind a predicted Romney win.

Despite the fact that polls still show a dead-heat race (Obama is currently at 48.2 percent, with Romney capturing 47.3 percent of likely voters in the most recent Real Clear Politics average), an updated election model shows an even larger gap between the Electoral College votes that Romney and Obama are projected to win. According to Bickers and Berry, the Republican challenger is projected to take 330 of the 558 votes, while Obama is expected to capture only 208 of them.

With 270 as the major number needed for any candidate to win, this clearly shows Obama far from the mark, sending Romney — at least theoretically — to victory come November. While the model did not change, Bickers‘ and Berry’s analysis is based on updated economic data, which clearly helped sway the projection even further in Romney’s favor.

-continued at the link-

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »
Whoa...

Ohio: American Research Group.

D (42%), R (33%), I (25%)

Romney 48, Obama 47

Link
Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
Romney up 2 in new national poll from … Daily Kos?
posted at 12:01 pm on October 9, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I have to give Markos Moulitsas credit for posting this result.  He could have taken the easy way out and had PPP release it independently.  And looking within the depths of this poll result, you have to know how much it pained him to follow through on the likely-voter survey Markos commissioned (via Twitchy):

The candidates for President are Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney. If the election was today, who would you vote for?

Obama 47 (49)
    Romney 49 (45)

That’s a pretty disastrous six-point net swing in just a week, and the first time we’ve ever had Romney in the lead. It is inline with all other national polling showing Romney making gains in the wake of his debate performance last week.

The sample is a D+3,
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/09/romney-up-2-in-new-national-poll-from-daily-kos/

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »
Has anyone seen that Military Times poll?

Romney 66%
Obama 24%

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 11:35:31 AM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »
Whoa...

Ohio: American Research Group.

D (42%), R (33%), I (25%)

Romney 48, Obama 47

Link

D +9 points and it has Romney in the lead? obama better be scared. That is not good.

Has anyone seen that Military Times poll?

Romney 66%
Obama 24%

This is getting better by the day ... After the VP debate on Thursday, it will get even more better.

Offline Splashdown

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Um. Go to Real Clear Politics right now.

Romney is up in the overall poll average.

:yahoo:

Let nothing trouble you,
All things are passing;
God never changes.
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »

See that?------>   

that was a liberal's heart when they read that poll  :-)

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

RCP Average   9/28 - 10/8   --   --   48.2   47.8   Romney +0.4
Rasmussen Tracking   10/6 - 10/8   1500 LV   3.0   48   48   Tie
Pew Research   10/4 - 10/7   1112 LV   3.4   49   45   Romney +4
Gallup Tracking   10/2 - 10/8   2721 LV   2.0   49   47   Romney +2
Politico/GWU/Battleground   10/1 - 10/4   1000 LV   3.1   48   49   Obama +1
CNN/Opinion Research   9/28 - 9/30   783 LV   3.5   47   50   Obama +3

They are taking the pew poll into effect. Of course all the dummies think they are republican pollsters. Liberal pollsters Gallop even have Romney up by 2 points. I am shocked to see that. :lmao:

Read More: http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »
I'm listening to Rush in between laundry and cooking dinner, did I hear Rush right? he said Romney is up by 5 in Ohio even though Democrats were oversampled by 9 points? and Romney is leading by 20% amongst Independents in Ohio?

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
I'm listening to Rush in between laundry and cooking dinner, did I hear Rush right? he said Romney is up by 5 in Ohio even though Democrats were oversampled by 9 points? and Romney is leading by 20% amongst Independents in Ohio?

I think he said Romney is up by one.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »

I think he said Romney is up by one.

OK, I was running around between the laundry and dinner I wasn't sure if I heard it right, but with an oversampling of +9 Democrats that's pretty awesome!

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
I think all these polls are wrong because of Democrat over sampling. Romney is going to win in a landslide. 

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
It was reported today that Romney is now leading in 11 swing states. These states collectively hold 146 Electoral College votes and include Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Obama is GONE!

Read: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_swing_state_tracking_poll

I think all these polls are wrong because of Democrat over sampling. Romney is going to win in a landslide. 

That is why I said it isn't looking good for obama. To be over sampling Dems and be this close together or Romney in the lead. It is the sign of a landslide win for Romney.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

I agree , may not be classified as a landslide but I predict a Romney victory by a comfortable margin.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »
Fat lady ain't sung yet, guys. There's a whole lotta backstabbin' in this campaign left to do.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
Fat lady ain't sung yet, guys. There's a whole lotta backstabbin' in this campaign left to do.

Yep, even with the polls showing a shift to Romney's favor, I'm still not trusting them. 

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »
Think about it, if Romney gets the standard 190 EC Votes (From the Red states), and then wins the swing states 146 EC Votes. That is a total of 336 EC Votes, which equals a blow out. I'm not counting the chickens until they are hatched though..

Offline Zeus

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »

Call me an optimist but folks are starting to open their eyes and ears and using their brains to all the BS & lies coming from the current administration that further BS and lies will only hurt them not Romney.

Don't get me wrong they will still bleat the lies but to their own detriment.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
Call me an optimist but folks are starting to open their eyes and ears and using their brains to all the BS & lies coming from the current administration that further BS and lies will only hurt them not Romney.

Don't get me wrong they will still bleat the lies but to their own detriment.

All I'm saying is that there is still an entire shitload of Barrybots out there who are convinced he still walks on water. You and I never drank the Kool-Aid, but many of these folks - Mrs E among them - are addicted to it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.