Author Topic: Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back  (Read 2183 times)

Offline thundley4

Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back
« on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »

An admitted Massachusetts rapist is seeking visitation rights to the child he fathered after raping his underage victim, setting the stage for a precedent-setting legal fight in the Bay State.

The victim and her family are fighting back, saying the rapist is only showing interest in the family now that the child support bill is coming due.

"She got raped at 14. She decided to keep her baby. And now she has to hand her baby over for a visit with her rapist?" the victim's mother said.

The teen mother, who still suffers from severe anxiety and depression, says she's terrified at the thought of having to face the man who raped and impregnated her to arrange for visitation rights.

---------

It happened when she was in eighth grade, just 14-years-old. He was a 20-year-old man she knew from her church, the boyfriend of her friend's older sister.

When her mother found out, they went to the police to press charges. But she decided to keep the baby.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021419538

BlueCaliDem (3,384 posts)
1. Well, it's clear she is anti-abortion and now she will pay the consequences

for keeping her rapist's baby based on religious beliefs and not knowing the difference between an embryo and a baby. Now, based on that same Christian belief, she must also find it in herself to forgive the rapist and allow him to have visitation rights.

This brings to light another glaring problem when Republicans are trying to make abortion illegal: the dilemma regarding legal visitation rights of the rapist.

Better to kill that baby than to pass a law that would deal with this. F*cking baby killers.

I couldn't read any more after that comment, and it was the first one.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »

for keeping her rapist's baby based on religious beliefs and not knowing the difference between an embryo and a baby. Now, based on that same Christian belief, she must also find it in herself to forgive the rapist and allow him to have visitation rights.

What?   :mental:  That is just weird to blame the victim

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »

Excuse me for what I'm about to say:

**** you, you callous bitch! What a pathetic, vicious **** you are! Party of compassion, my ass. And you guys say OUR side is waging a war against women? You're taking the side of a ****ing RAPIST over a teen! What a dark soul you have. This girl and her family, YOUNG AS SHE IS, are living their values. She certainly could have sneaked off and gotten an abortion, but she didn't. Here your side is talking about our side waging a "war against women" and what's the first thing you do when ANY woman, let alone a young teen who could use the encouragement and support of other women, doesn't do it your way and rip a baby from her womb limb from limb, you attack HER! Not the rapist...you unload on a young girl who was ****ing raped! THAT is a war on women. What a ****ing sack of shit ****!

Sorry everyone...calming breaths, calming breaths.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

An admitted Massachusetts rapist is seeking visitation rights to the child he fathered after raping his underage victim, setting the stage for a precedent-setting legal fight in the Bay State.

The victim and her family are fighting back, saying the rapist is only showing interest in the family now that the child support bill is coming due.

"She got raped at 14. She decided to keep her baby. And now she has to hand her baby over for a visit with her rapist?" the victim's mother said.

The teen mother, who still suffers from severe anxiety and depression, says she's terrified at the thought of having to face the man who raped and impregnated her to arrange for visitation rights.

---------

It happened when she was in eighth grade, just 14-years-old. He was a 20-year-old man she knew from her church, the boyfriend of her friend's older sister.

When her mother found out, they went to the police to press charges. But she decided to keep the baby.

According to the left, a 20 year old is a child. Remember, you don't become an adult until 26.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

**** you, you callous bitch! What a pathetic, vicious **** you are! Party of compassion, my ass. And you guys say OUR side is waging a war against women? You're taking the side of a ****ing RAPIST over a teen! What a dark soul you have. This girl and her family, YOUNG AS SHE IS, are living their values. She certainly could have sneaked off and gotten an abortion, but she didn't. Here your side is talking about our side waging a "war against women" and what's the first thing you do when ANY woman, let alone a young teen who could use the encouragement and support of other women, doesn't do it your way and rip a baby from her womb limb from limb, you attack HER! Not the rapist...you unload on a young girl who was ****ing raped! THAT is a war on women. What a ****ing sack of shit ****!

Cindie

No apologies necessary.  H5, BTW.

Also, Gina . . . it's what they do.  The responsibility of the perp is never, ever considered in any context, for anything.  The government is responsible for healing all of these little OWSies and the like.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
Response to BlueCaliDem (Reply #18)Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:35 PM
cthulu2016 (4,781 posts)
27. WTF are you talking about? The "baby" doesn't need to be justified as anything.

I consider an early term zygote to be a part of the woman's body that she is free to remove as casually as a mole. (And I am an absolute atheist.)

I also think that if a 14 year old girl has the right to chose to abort then she must have the right to not abort or else it wouldn't be a ****ing choice.

And she has a right to religious views, if she has any.

And she does not need to "justify" her choice to think of her body as she thinks of her body.

And your snide denigration of her choice is not how liberals think. Ask one sometime.
Reply to this post
Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
Oops, this was what the above DUmmie was responding to.

Response to cthulu2016 (Reply #11)Wed Sep 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
18. No. Keeping the product of your rapist while justifying it as a "baby"

is like a Rightwinger would think.

Liberals are smarter than that.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
Oops, this was what the above DUmmie was responding to.

What a sick, twisted mind! That anyone could thing like that is so far out of my sphere of reality it's mind blowing.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
there really is no hope for some of them is there?   :???:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Agree with Cindie. Nothing else to say. What a bunch of reprehensible bitches over there. Anybody notice how a 30 year ok law student can't be expected to be responsible for the cost of birth control but a 14 year old child who was rape should have to deal with her rapist just because she chose to keep the baby he forcibly conceived in her womb. Unbelievable.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
What a sick, twisted mind! That anyone could thing like that is so far out of my sphere of reality it's mind blowing.

Cindie

Happens every day, some one is going to be gotten even by a perp that put them in Jail.

Dude in town impregnated his step daughter, he got 30 years in jail.    But, as the father of the child he demanded visitation to prision to see and bond with his daughter.   His right to see and interact to the child.  He was granted this.

Lots of extremily unbeviable storys out here.    Scare the socks off anyone that knows about this shit.

Say your daughter at 16 becomes pregnant the father disapears, the daugher later marries and when the cild turns 12 the father shows up demanding over night visites with his daughter.  As there is no court order for him to suport but he has  Dna report that he in in fact is the father,  what to do when she by court order has to go with a strange man ??

Not every one can afford to hire a lawyer to close all the loop holes in the law,  Few think down the road what may or can happen 10 years later.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
 Xithras (12,782 posts)
114. This isn't going to be popular, but I disagree with the use of the term "rapist" for this guy.

Statutory rape is clearly a crime that should be prosecuted, but "rape" implies a lack of consent. While the law states that a 14 year old can't give consent, the reality is that 14 year old girls (and boys) have sex by the millions in this country, every single day. What's the legal difference between a 14 year old pursuing and having consensual sex with a 15 year old, and a 14 year old pursuing and having consensual sex with a 20 year old? In most states, legally, there is none...it's the same crime.

Which begs the question...is it rape? My wife was raped, violently, in our own house (I interrupted it). My daughter was nearly raped four years ago while she was out jogging one morning (tackled, but he was chased off by another jogger before anything could happen). My daughters best friend was raped by a boyfriend who got her drunk until she passed out, and then raped her unconscious body. My sister was raped by a stepfather who was turned on by 8 year olds. Those men were rapists. Rape implies a lack of consent, and a concern for your own well being over that of the person you're screwing. Rape implies an imposition of power over the victim.

Should the term really apply to someone who was in a consensual relationship with someone who simply hasn't reached the "legal" threshold yet? That person is absolutely a felon who should be prosecuted, but I don't think the term "rapist" applies.

Under California law, the legal age of consent is 18. ANY male, of any age, having sex with a girl under the age of 18 is committing the crime of statutory rape. When I was 17, I was in a consensual sexual relationship with my 15 year old girlfriend when she got pregnant. According to the logic expressed in this article and by many of the people in this thread, I am a rapist, and I should have been denied access to my daughter as she was growing up because of it. That position is stupid, and defies common sense and basic logic. There is a HUGE difference between violating the age of consent and RAPING someone. There is a HUGE difference between ignoring an age of consent law, and being a RAPIST.

This girl had a consensual sexual relationship with a 20 year old. There was no allegation of force or coersion. She had sex with him, of her own free will, repeatedly and continuously until her mother found out. That's unfortunate, and I don't have a problem with him paying the legal price for breaking the law, but does that make him a rapist? Should he REALLY be denied access to a child that was created during a mutually consensual sexual encounter?

I realize that a lot of people aren't going to like this, but fairness isn't always popular.
Reply to this post

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 02:39:28 PM »

Cindie

See, now I was just thinking that critter needed to be beat with a big stick until it stopped moving forever, but you did such a great job of giving the 'Director's Cut' version...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
Which begs the question...is it rape? My wife was raped, violently, in our own house (I interrupted it). My daughter was nearly raped four years ago while she was out jogging one morning (tackled, but he was chased off by another jogger before anything could happen). My daughters best friend was raped by a boyfriend who got her drunk until she passed out, and then raped her unconscious body. My sister was raped by a stepfather who was turned on by 8 year olds. Those men were rapists. Rape implies a lack of consent, and a concern for your own well being over that of the person you're screwing. Rape implies an imposition of power over the victim.

Holy crap his family/friends have been through alot!  :o

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »
Holy crap his family/friends have been through alot!  :o

I actually find it hard to believe.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »

Cindie
Major Hi5 from a "rape baby".

Let me add that I try very hard not to truly hate people, but BluCaliDem just the list.

Congrats, you ****ing ignorant c***.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
DUmmies.....................die in a fire...................please.

Un-****ing believable.  :mental:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »

Cindie

Ditto!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 04:50:03 PM »
What the **** is wrong with those people!?!?!?  I guess it would be easier to ask what is right with them.  What a bunch of ignorant whores.  They are demon filled shitheads.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »
What the **** is wrong with those people!?!?!?  I guess it would be easier to ask what is right with them.  What a bunch of ignorant whores.  They are demon filled shitheads.

:lmao:  I love you.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
:lmao:  I love you.

We all love mama here.

<<loved mama from the first time set eyes upon.

Lustrously beautiful in both body and spirit, mama.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »
What?   :mental:  That is just weird to blame the victim
You know who else blames the victim?

Muslims

Kind of makes you wonder why DUmmies never criticize Islam...

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
 Xithras (12,782 posts)
114. This isn't going to be popular, but I disagree with the use of the term "rapist" for this guy.

Statutory rape is clearly a crime that should be prosecuted, but "rape" implies a lack of consent. While the law states that a 14 year old can't give consent, the reality is that 14 year old girls (and boys) have sex by the millions in this country, every single day. What's the legal difference between a 14 year old pursuing and having consensual sex with a 15 year old, and a 14 year old pursuing and having consensual sex with a 20 year old? In most states, legally, there is none...it's the same crime.

Should the term really apply to someone who was in a consensual relationship with someone who simply hasn't reached the "legal" threshold yet? That person is absolutely a felon who should be prosecuted, but I don't think the term "rapist" applies.

Under California law, the legal age of consent is 18. ANY male, of any age, having sex with a girl under the age of 18 is committing the crime of statutory rape. When I was 17, I was in a consensual sexual relationship with my 15 year old girlfriend when she got pregnant. According to the logic expressed in this article and by many of the people in this thread, I am a rapist, and I should have been denied access to my daughter as she was growing up because of it. That position is stupid, and defies common sense and basic logic. There is a HUGE difference between violating the age of consent and RAPING someone. There is a HUGE difference between ignoring an age of consent law, and being a RAPIST.

This girl had a consensual sexual relationship with a 20 year old. There was no allegation of force or coersion. She had sex with him, of her own free will, repeatedly and continuously until her mother found out. That's unfortunate, and I don't have a problem with him paying the legal price for breaking the law, but does that make him a rapist? Should he REALLY be denied access to a child that was created during a mutually consensual sexual encounter?

I realize that a lot of people aren't going to like this, but fairness isn't always popular.
Reply to this post

Where did he/she/it get that the girl had sex with him, of her own free will, repeatedly and continuously until her mother found out? There isn't anything posted above that even remotely says that. Thinking maybe he/she/it is feeling guilty for acts he/she/it committed. Now trying to protect a rapist out of camaraderie.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
When I was 17, I was in a consensual sexual relationship with my 15 year old girlfriend

No such thing at 15 years old. I'd would have beat you to a pulp.

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
We all love mama here.

<<loved mama from the first time set eyes upon.

Lustrously beautiful in both body and spirit, mama.

You and me both fella!  :naughty: