Author Topic: Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back  (Read 2182 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Rapist wants visitation rights; teen mom fighting back
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 09:11:04 AM »
cthulu2016 (4,825 posts)

11. This horrifying post is like a RW parody of liberal position

BlueCaliDem (3,398 posts)

18. No. Keeping the product of your rapist while justifying it as a "baby"

is like a Rightwinger would think.

Liberals are smarter than that.

cthulu2016 (4,825 posts)

27. WTF are you talking about? The "baby" doesn't need to be justified as anything.

I consider an early term zygote to be a part of the woman's body that she is free to remove as casually as a mole. (And I am an absolute atheist.)

I also think that if a 14 year old girl has the right to chose to abort then she must have the right to not abort or else it wouldn't be a ****ing choice.

And she has a right to religious views, if she has any.

And she does not need to "justify" her choice to think of her body as she thinks of her body.

And your snide denigration of her choice is not how liberals think. Ask one sometime.

71. Unless the baby appeared miraculously and fully developed

in the womb, it started out as a microscopic fertilized egg. She, herself, justified keeping it because it was a BABY. Her own words. In your anger, you must have missed that part in the article. Maybe less rant and more reading would have helped you there before you went on the attack.

I believe she has the right to choose to abort or not to abort, too. See? Just like you, I'm pro-choice.

I never claimed she has no right to her religious views - and if you read the article, which is painfully clear, you hadn't - she does have religious views. By her own admission, she's Christian. Again, that's in the article.

No, she doesn't have to justify her choice, but she clearly had. READ THE ARTICLE ALREADY.

And after you calm down and get a clearer perspective, you'll see that your snide denigration of my opinion, and that without even having read the article, is clearly not how Liberals think.

So keep your WTF's in your pocket and read the damned article already.

NotThisTime (3,106 posts)

28. Are you saying that this living breathing creature is not a baby?

Who are any of us to tell that 14 year old girl what to do with HER body. It's her body, she did not consent to what happened to her, the sperm donor dominated that part of the conversation. If a girl of any age wants to bring to term the embryo that is implanted in her that becomes her child at birth, I assume she made this choice with the help of her doctor and family. That is her right to do so, and no god damn rapist should ever be allowed to lay his damn eyes on her or that child. End of Story.

72. Ugh

Please read the article.

I'm pretty sure before the child was born it started out as a fertilized egg, no? And it took nine months to develop. No? Of course the living, breathing creature is NOW a baby, but rationally speaking, it wasn't when she made the choice to not abort, was it?

Her own words:
"Being Christian, the way I looked at it, the way I thought of it, this is a baby, an innocent person that didn't do anything wrong. Like, why should I take away that life?" she said.

TheMadMonk (4,928 posts)

170. Hate Christians much?

Just how many ways are you going to say? "She made her choice based on her Christain beliefs, and now she must live with the consequences."

You've also strongly implied she's a hypocrit, because she's not forgiving her attacker as a Christian properly should.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 09:19:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure before the child was born it started out as a fertilized egg, no? And it took nine months to develop. No? Of course the living, breathing creature is NOW a baby, but rationally speaking, it wasn't when she made the choice to not abort, was it?

There ya go folks, NOT a "baby" until it's ejected from the womb. Another example of DUmmie "logic".

Pssst, DUmmies, you KNOW you are full of shit, but keep telling yourselves this.    :bs:

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
Since BlueCaliDhim calls itself Christian and takes fault with the victim for not forgiving the rapist and welcoming him into their lives:

Zygoat (27 posts)

168. you're a Christian?

can you forgive these people in their very real story, for now not wanting that man in their lives?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 10:03:38 AM »
Unbelievable.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:53 AM »
The guy is just trying to get out of paying child support, which was court ordered.   The girl's attorney is smart, and the DA who agreed to the original sentence should be BS many times for such short-sightedness.

"The consequences of sentencing this man to probation for 16 years, which is really until the child becomes an adult, and making him declare paternity and pay child support, includes that this guy gets a legal father-child relationship out of the deal," Murphy said.

Murphy has filed a motion with the court, asking the judge to amend the sentencing conditions and order the man to pay restitution instead of child support, which would force him to support the child he fathered but not give him visitation and other parental rights.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/19628763/2012/09/24/rapist-wants-visitation-rights-teen-mom-fighting-back#ixzz283nf2J1h

Nauseating that the DU is spinning this to support their "abort first, ask questions later" political platform.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
NYC Liberal (13,579 posts)
145. Some of the posts in this thread make me wonder what site I'm on.

View profile
Disgusting. No, a rapist should NOT have visitation rights. Ever. And no, a woman is NOT wrong for choosing to keep a baby after being raped.

You should take a long hard look at the site you are on.   The light bulb may then finally go off as to why there are many sites that post the ramblings of the DU misfits in shock and disgust.

Offline Cruise

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
That is one of the most vile things I've ever read on the Internet.

I'm alternating between rage and a twisted pity for how sad, small, and evil the soul of BlueCaliDem is.  S/he will never find salvation in any religion, or peace in its mortal existence, for that matter.  Not that s/he deserves either.