Author Topic: Romney is toast!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Romney is toast!
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »
This is all the buzz at DUmmyland today,

cali (71,840 posts)

I think this could be a very big deal: Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated

July 12, 2012

Nine SEC filings submitted by four different business entities after February 1999 describe Romney as Bain boss.
Firm’s 2002 filings identify him as CEO, though he said he left in 1999

Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.

Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

The timing of Romney’s departure from Bain is a key point of contention because he has said his resignation in February 1999 meant he was not responsible for Bain Capital companies that went bankrupt or laid off workers after that date.

<snip>
http://bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2012/07/11/government-documents-indicate-mitt-romney-continued-bain-after-date-when-says-left/IpfKYWjnrsel4pvCFbsUTI/story.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002934265

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002935056

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002935125

According to the DUmmies Romney was at Bain up until 2002 and he will be going to jail now for fraud.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ChuckJ

Re: Romney is toast!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
Dan (676 posts)
2. If memory serves me

The Bush administration supported a Congressional bill that rewarded or provided tax credits to companies that outsourced jobs to foreign countries. I wonder if this might be a smoking gun that Mitt doesn't want revealed...that maybe part of his wealth comes from taking advantage of that legal tax credit opportunity.

Just a thought...

Yep. If it comes out that he did some LEGAL he won't get a single democrat vote. Democrats are strongly against doing anything that is LEGAL unless it is murdering an unborn baby. Isn't it kind of strange that the one thing that they strongly endorse because it is "legal" is the murdering of the unborn?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
Without saying it, they're showing you exactly how it's so easy to set up an authoritarian dictatorship/banana republic among leftists. They jail political enemies as well. Now, when their political enemies are taken out, they start in on the people on their side that have one minor disagreement with the establishment they once supported.

Take a history lesson, you DUmbasses.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
Without saying it, they're showing you exactly how it's so easy to set up an authoritarian dictatorship/banana republic among leftists. They jail political enemies as well. Now, when their political enemies are taken out, they start in on the people on their side that have one minor disagreement with the establishment they once supported.

Take a history lesson, you DUmbasses.

It's the same with their site, DUmmcratU....  A member can toe the line (yes lurking DUmmies, it is 'toe', not 'tow', as you frequently type) for thousands of posts, and with one minor disagreement the member is banned.

In their world of intolerance, they cannot tolerate disagreement.
This too shall pass.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:20:06 PM »

It's the same with their site, DUmmcratU....  A member can toe the line (yes lurking DUmmies, it is 'toe', not 'tow', as you frequently type) for thousands of posts, and with one minor disagreement the member is banned.

In their world of intolerance, they cannot tolerate disagreement.

If it was "tow" you know a DUmmie wouldn't do it because towing is too much like work.

As for the intolerance of differing opinions on DU, I wonder if it is because they know they can't defend their opinions or if they think, somewhat like an ostrich with his head in the sand, if they don't hear/read differing opinions it makes their opinion the only (and correct) opinion.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »
Uh Oh!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-and-his-departure-from-bain/2012/07/12/gJQAASzUfW_blog.html

If the Obama campaign were correct, Romney would be guilty of a federal felony by certifying on federal financial disclosure forms that he left active management of Bain Capital in February 1999….

And after reviewing evidence cited by the Obama campaign, we reaffirm our conclusion that Romney left the helm of Bain Capital when he took a leave of absence in 1999 to run the Salt Lake City Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympics – as he has said repeatedly — and never returned to active management. The Obama campaign’s recent ads thus mislead when they point to investments made by Bain, as well as management decisions made by companies in which Bain invested, after that time.

What does the Obama campaign have in rebuttal? Very little, and none of it convincing in our judgment.

Much of the Obama campaign’s letter is devoted to quoting portions of documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In summary, the letter states there are “at least 63 filings with that agency after March 1, 1999 that list various Bain entities and describe them as ‘wholly owned by W. Mitt Romney.’” That’s true, but not relevant.

We have never disputed that Romney remained the owner of Bain while he was running the Olympics committee. The issue always has been, who was running Bain? Nothing in the SEC documents contradicts what Romney has certified as true.

On that point, the Obama campaign cites snippets of a few news clippings to make a case that Romney was still a part-time manager of Bain after he left to run the Olympics. But a close reading shows these news accounts don’t contradict Romney either.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »
Uh Oh!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-and-his-departure-from-bain/2012/07/12/gJQAASzUfW_blog.html

Oooops!

The OWS nonsense has all these kooks believing that voters out of a job, paying $3+ for gas, and who have grocery bills double what they used to be, care about when some candidate was working for some company making a bunch of money.

Hey primitives, only idiots like you care about these non-issues.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »
Another thread, same meme.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002935963
LuckyTheDog (5,373 posts) Thu Jul 12, 2012, 12:52 PM

I think that Boston Globe story about Romney has legs. Could Mitt drop out?
Who else suspects that Santorum has been on the phone with donors today?

It seems like a long shot that Mitt will drop out. But it isn't inconceivable.
No arms?
Stupid DUmpmonkey. :lmao:

Another one.  :rotf:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002936433
backscatter712 (15,540 posts) Thu Jul 12, 2012, 02:05 PM

So if Romney is forced to withdraw over that felony thing... Who would replace him?
Presumably, his delegates at the RNC get released, which means it's gonna be a convention floor fight, and they'll pick anyone they want.

Who would they pick? Santorum? Perry? Cain? Paul?

This could be fun to watch... 
It's more fun watching primatives freak out over a non-issue.  :panic:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:05:59 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
Could Mitt drop out?
If that's what they want to hang their hat on, I'm all for it. 

Anyone got any popcorn?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »
If that's what they want to hang their hat on, I'm all for it. 

Anyone got any popcorn?

Actually I would think they would not want Romney to drop out as anyone else would be up by 10pts by now.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
Okay --

There is no way I'm not enthusiastically voting for Romney now -

Why ?

Romney is capable of running the Winter Olympics while micromanaging Bain Capital at the same time, whereas our current president doesn't even know what his cabinet and his other appointees are doing, especially when they screw up. For example, How Obama had no knowlege of Fast & Furious, and neither did Holder-- would that happen under Romney ?  NO WAY ! He can run a successful Olympics program while running a company that is paid to run other companies.

Romney is multitasking machine !

Isn't that right, DUmmies ?

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »
Uh Uh Oh!

http://newsninja2012.com/breaking-news-romney-demands-apology-for-felon-lie/

Romney demands an apology:

“President Obama’s campaign hit a new low today when one of its senior advisers made a reckless and unsubstantiated charge to reporters about Mitt Romney that was so over the top that it calls into question the integrity of their entire campaign,” said Matt Rhoades, Campaign Manager of Romney For President. “President Obama ought to apologize for the out-of-control behavior of his staff, which demeans the office he holds.  Campaigns are supposed to be hard fought, but statements like those made by Stephanie Cutter belittle the process and the candidate on whose behalf she works.”
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »
Those people are so stupid. Romney has not lied about any of his records, or time at Bain. He has said that he quit running the company in 1999 and remained owner of it until 2002. There is nothing illegal about that. I find it funny, however, that those morons are all up in arms over seeing Romney's papers, but not one of them is demanding to see Obama's college transcripts, or the fast and furious documents that Holder is hiding. They are the epitome of hypocrites. If anyone is lying through their teeth, it is Obama and his whole campaign. He has been putting out why lie after another.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
Uh Uh Oh!

http://newsninja2012.com/breaking-news-romney-demands-apology-for-felon-lie/

Romney demands an apology:

Da wheels on da bus go round and round.  Thump bump, there goes Stephanie.   
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
Okay --

There is no way I'm not enthusiastically voting for Romney now -

Why ?

Romney is capable of running the Winter Olympics while micromanaging Bain Capital at the same time, whereas our current president doesn't even know what his cabinet and his other appointees are doing, especially when they screw up. For example, How Obama had no knowlege of Fast & Furious, and neither did Holder-- would that happen under Romney ?  NO WAY ! He can run a successful Olympics program while running a company that is paid to run other companies.

Romney is multitasking machine !

Isn't that right, DUmmies ?

Also, Obama claims he didn't know how bad the economy was when he took over. He is clueless.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
Also, Obama claims he didn't know how bad the economy was when he took over. He is clueless.

Indeed -

RE : Bain Capital - 
The DUmmies really should lay off on referring to Bain, else people will start learning what Bain does, and realize that a "takeover" by Bain is exactly what the US needs. A new group of people dedicated to cutting costs, increasing productivity, and 'righting the ship' 

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »
Indeed -

RE : Bain Capital - 
The DUmmies really should lay off on referring to Bain, else people will start learning what Bain does, and realize that a "takeover" by Bain is exactly what the US needs. A new group of people dedicated to cutting costs, increasing productivity, and 'righting the ship' 

Bain does the same thing with companies that the Government did with GM. But since Romney was running it, it was a bad thing...... Of course, what the government did to GM was a great thing.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
To take it one step further, Harry Reid said today that Mitt Romney couldn't even be confirmed as dog catcher.

I know there's a joke in there somewhere, I just can't come up with it right now.  If a conservative had said that about Barack Obama, they'd be called racist or something. 

But what a stupid idiotic statement. 

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »
Bain does the same thing with companies that the Government did with GM. But since Romney was running it, it was a bad thing...... Of course, what the government did to GM was a great thing.

Difference is, Bain had to stay within the law.  ABM not so much.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
To take it one step further, Harry Reid said today that Mitt Romney couldn't even be confirmed as dog catcher.

I know there's a joke in there somewhere, I just can't come up with it right now.  If a conservative had said that about Barack Obama, they'd be called racist or something. 

But what a stupid idiotic statement. 

They are howling because of his NAACP appearance. It was entirely off of the Democrat's script and now they are super pissed. Good.

Offline Jasonw560

• Is a Juke Box
  • PhD from Sarcastic State
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »
I'm disappointed. I was expecting real toast.
 :badmood:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

"Metaphors needn't be explained to educated people"-Ted
Nugent

"Life ain't fair. Get over it or wear a helmet" -diesel driver

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
The DUmmies are doubling down on this,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002938063

They are truly convinced that this will land Romney in jail.

Another thread on this,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002938054

This is Fitzmas all over again.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:01:27 PM by Freeper »
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »
The DUmmies are doubling down on this,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002938063

They are truly convinced that this will land Romney in jail.

Another thread on this,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002938054

This is Fitzmas all over again.