Author Topic: Thomas Kincade Dead (finally)  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Thomas Kincade Dead (finally)
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

I don't purchase art that dipicts religious icons in waste. All I said was freedom of speech is something that allows art to be such. And I have the right to my own opinion too.

First off, it's not art. It's a mental illness on canvas and no one is telling you idiots what you can and cannot paint. We'd just like to see you pussies show a little consistency. Paint Mohammed covered in shit. I dare you. As for Kinkade, it's OBVIOUS that your problem with him isn't his paintings, but his politics and inclusions of biblical sayings.

But I guess differing viewpoints are not valued here. All you resort to is calling those who disagree names...

You're still here, aren't you douchebag? Would I still be at that trash heap called the DUmp if I even showed a hint of conservatism? Again with the hypocrisy.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
I don't purchase art that dipicts religious icons in waste. All I said was freedom of speech is something that allows art to be such. And I have the right to my own opinion too. But I guess differing viewpoints are not valued here. All you resort to is calling those who disagree names...

Now, now, I haven't called anybody any names, and have always been supportive of "to each his own."

However, the other side doesn't like this "to each his own" philosophy.

For example, I think Hans Holbein was the greatest painter ever, no one else even close, and could not possibly care less about "impressionistic" or "modern" art.

If someone else likes still lives or Renoir-like cartoons, though, it's fine with me; to each his own.

But I get really tired of those who imagine themselves "experts" on taste telling me that Hans Holbein was not a good artist.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »
Hey PM, you know what would look totally awesome on canvas? This:

You have the balls to paint it? Didn't think so. 

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
It's not that I follow his political beliefs. I just don't think his work is really thought provoking, earth shattering or ground breaking. I collect art but not his...

Art is subjective. While many people don't like Kinkade (I find them peaceful though I wouldn't hang one in my home...I have used them as desktop backgrounds during Christmas), others find his work beautiful. I have several of Diego Rivera's calla lily's in my living room...dislike his politics, think his art is genius and have a floral theme in my living room (PRECISELY so I can use his paintings).

When I was in college I was a Lit major (I'm one of the .0005% of conservatives who studied literature, though I was liberal then) but deliberately took art history & history from the same time period. Art can teach you a lot about a society. However, the majority of people just choose art they like to decorate their homes. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I don't think Piss Christ is art. Just because something is provocative doesn't make it art. Shows like South Park and Family Guy are provocative as are Jr. High girls in low cut shirts and super short mini skirts. Discussion topics can be provocative...whether to legalize pot, assisted suicide (I live in a state where it's legal), abortion, gays in the military. These certainly aren't "art" in the way Piss Christ is supposed to be. Anyone can pee in a cup and stick a cross in it & take a picture and there are much more creative (and artistic) ways to generate discussion. The problem with this is that the discussion centered on whether it was twisted and insulting to religious people rather than the intended message of the artist (how commercial Christianity has become).

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
You're right, Cindie. Art means different things to different people. It doesn't always have to look like a deformed ****ing alien. I don't think there's too much to interpret about the Mona Lisa or a Monet, yet they're some of the most expensive ones out there. I think the DUmpmonkey is thinking if it isn't abstract, it isn't art. Some people want art to, oh, I don't know, decorate a f'n room? Personally, that's why I buy art. I have too much shit going on to have art hanging on the wall I have to sit and stare at for 2 f'n hours trying to contemplate the damn artist's intent.

Case in point, what's to interpret about this?

It's f'n Lillypads. Wow.  :whatever:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:28:58 PM by Rebel »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
...but all that really is moot, isn't it? This idiot doesn't have a problem with Kinkade's paintings. He has a problem with his politics and religion. If they were all painted by some liberal kook they'd be hailed as the second coming of Rembrandt.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
If they were all painted by some liberal kook they'd be hailed as the second coming of Rembrandt.

Good one, sir.

Awesome.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »
I don't purchase art that dipicts religious icons in waste. All I said was freedom of speech is something that allows art to be such. And I have the right to my own opinion too. But I guess differing viewpoints are not valued here. All you resort to is calling those who disagree names...
Point 1) You came in our living room dropping poop, not the other way around

Point 2) Some people have called you names, many haven't

Point 3) If you can't handle being called names, why are you posting to online discussion boards?  I've been on a couple boards for years and have been called some very vile names.  Grow up, or shut up.

Point 4) You haven't posted "differing opinions," all you've done is throw poop.  If you want to have an intelligent discussion, introduce yourself politely and speak without pooping.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Point 1) You came in our living room dropping poop, not the other way around

Point 2) Some people have called you names, many haven't

Point 3) If you can't handle being called names, why are you posting to online discussion boards?  I've been on a couple boards for years and have been called some very vile names.  Grow up, or shut up.

Point 4) You haven't posted "differing opinions," all you've done is throw poop.  If you want to have an intelligent discussion, introduce yourself politely and speak without pooping.

Progressive Majority...are you illiterate? We tried talking to you in a pleasant way, but you refused to talk to us. There are number of questions presented to you without insult, yet you choose to ignore all attempts to engage you in conversation. I can only conclude you are a troll, and a boring one too.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2012/04/03/5_reasons_liberals_are_such_unpleasant_people_to_be_around/page/full/
5 Reasons Liberals Are Such Unpleasant People To Be Around

Polish up on your people skills before you come back.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »

Polish up on your people skills before you come back.

Ain't that bout a bitch? He says we don't want opposing viewpoints and that we're intolerant, yet he's still here. He's WELCOME to come here and speak his mind. At his nesting grounds, we'd ALL be banned in .002 nanoseconds after espousing even a moderate point of view.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
Sorry I called you a ***** Progressive "Majorities".

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 05:29:22 PM »
Sorry I called you a ***** Progressive "Majorities".

I'm not.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
@HNSparky - Yes a Virgin Mary defecated or a crucifix in urine has more meaning. It makes more of a statement because so many don't understand the artist's expression... I know it is Easter Sunday. But free speech protects art. Thomas Kincade had every right to sell his work. I just find it bland. I volunteer my time at a large art museum. I know what I like and Thomas Kincade I do not. I pray for his family at this time but I don't collect his work...

And I am a liberal. But being liberal is not why I don't like his art. I just find it bland...

If you would have just said that you don't like his work because you don't care for his style I may have believed you as I'm not a huge fan of his style; however, you said you don't like it because you find it bland. Saying his art is bland is sort of like saying that Norman Rockwell's art is not americana-ish (?) enough.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »
What I think is beauty is what my 2nd cousin paints, chalks, and draws. He's also a musician. I don't know his politics and don't really f'n care. He's my dad's age and probably the most talented man I know:

http://www.facebook.com/duff.dorrough

He was in many bands. The Tangents, The Revelators, and many more. He's played REAL R&B with many of his heroes, the greats.

THAT is art. Not some shit I have to look at for hours on end trying to figure out what the hell the idiot behind the canvas is painting. Go through his pictures and drawings of the Delta. They're amazing and you ought to hear him play and sing "Dixie Chicken".

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »
What I think is beauty is what my 2nd cousin paints, chalks, and draws. He's also a musician. I don't know his politics and don't really f'n care. He's my dad's age and probably the most talented man I know:

http://www.facebook.com/duff.dorrough

He was in many bands. The Tangents, The Revelators, and many more. He's played REAL R&B with many of his heroes, the greats.

THAT is art. Not some shit I have to look at for hours on end trying to figure out what the hell the idiot behind the canvas is painting. Go through his pictures and drawings of the Delta. They're amazing and you ought to hear him play and sing "Dixie Chicken".

I wonder what the DUmmies would say this is?

My 18 year old daughter drew it. It doesn't have any hidden meaning or any political message. It's just what you see is what you get. I personally think it's more artistic than a painting of a can of Campbell's tomato soup.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »

My 18 year old daughter drew it.

Well, see, that depends. Is she a conservative or a liberal?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

My 18 year old daughter drew it. It doesn't have any hidden meaning or any political message. It's just what you see is what you get. I personally think it's more artistic than a painting of a can of Campbell's tomato soup.

So do I, milady, which is why I deleted the soup can in my response.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
BTW, that's a drawing? That is f'n awesome!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
BTW, that's a drawing? That is f'n awesome!

Yes it is.

Oh...she is a conservative who is going into game design.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »
So do I, milady, which is why I deleted the soup can in my response.

:-*

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
I put together the Congressional art competition for the district I'm interning in this semester. Most of those kids have some real talent. Some of the drawings are almost like looking at photographs. Wish I had that ability.

Piss Christ. Not so much.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »
Yes it is.

Duff does drawings like that in chalk. Actually, come to think of it, I think all of his are in chalk. Well, unless he's painting the mural.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzXVbMku5tc[/youtube]

BTW, his "momma" is called "Sister"  and his father Sonny is a retired M.D. Talk about a strong woman, she worked 3 jobs, raised 3 kids, and put him through medical school at UM-Medical School. She's never worked a day since. The oldest, Marlow, scored a 36 on the ACT, the highest you can get.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »
Yes it is.

Your daughter has fantastic talent.  But the DUmmies would hate it because of her politics...besides, it's "too white."   :rotf:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
Thomas Kincade's work was just saccharine painted cottages. Nothing more. Not worth buying...

I'll be damned! I had no idea we had a ****in' art critic sign up! Who the **** are you?

You sure as hell appear to be a DUmbass! Why don't ya baffle us with your bullshit art credentials!

Not a good way to start around here. Bein' a total tool! Don't plan on stayin' long do ya?

Who the hell called ya anything more than disagreeable, Probie?

Uh, just what makes ya a ****in' expert? Isn't art in the eye of the beholder when it comes to what one believes is worth collecting?

You come right outa the box bein' a total prick!

Maybe this isn't the forum you should be crappin' in! I'll lay odds ya can find a another litter box to shit in!

It's not that I follow his political beliefs. I just don't think his work is really thought provoking, earth shattering or ground breaking. I collect art but not his...

Really is too bad ya don't collect FAT LIPS! I'll bet ya could collect a shit load around here! Go back and play in the DUmpster sewer, cause I'm pretty sure that's where ya came from! Actually, a sewer rat has more integrity than you pukes!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
That drawing is beautiful BEG!

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats