Author Topic: Official SOTU annoy the Left by telling how real Americans are suffering Thread  (Read 9368 times)

Offline Minky

Well, shit. I guess I was in the wrong forum for this. The Dumpster was the last place I thought a conversation about our thoughts on the SOTU would be. However, now that it's over, The Dumpster is exactly where it should be.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
:lmao: Bwaahahaha, only in T-ball.
Obama... the wiffle ball President.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

I knew I shouldn't have answered that damn phone.  I was having fun sporking his dumbass speech.

Damn science nerds.  Wanted to chitchat about the solar flare.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Well, shit. I guess I was in the wrong forum for this. The Dumpster was the last place I thought a conversation about our thoughts on the SOTU would be. However, now that it's over, The Dumpster is exactly where it should be.

I sent you a message on Yahoo directing you to this forum LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Minky

Yea, I just got it. Thanks! :(

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
kpete (32,059 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

OUT OF THE PARK!!!

:lmao: Bwaahahaha, only in T-ball.

Is she talking a regular park for us regular folks? or Park Ave?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I want a job in the Department of Happiness.  It comes with free drinks and a handjob.

from Barney Frank.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

AHHH!!! :bawl:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
from Barney Frank.

You keep talking like that you'll be sent a pic of Helen Thomas's boobiez!

Offline sybilll

Here is the RNC's response, released just 1 hour after the SOTU:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDRiGIUYQo&feature=youtu.be

It was a huge rehash, but unless I lost count, Obama moaned about regulations then called for the formation of 6 more agencies to regulate the agencies that are overregulating the regulations, or some such shit.  Reaction from around the web, and the Luntz focus group of marjority Obama voters = fail.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
You keep talking like that you'll be sent a pic of Helen Thomas's boobiez!

Boobiez are boobiez.

/dutch
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Is she talking a regular park for us regular folks? or Park Ave?

I took it to mean a PARKing space. 

Just got it bunted over the white lines, barely.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline zeitgeist

Obama... the wiffle ball President.

We need to work on our sports analogy here with Howard Cosell:

The crowd is hushed as Obama steps to the first tee... He tees up, he swings, his first shot hooks left into the gallery taking down Gabby Gifford and Osama bin Laden.

His caddy, TPOUS, gives him his wedge for the follow up shot out of the rough, he blasts it onto the fairway slicing  into the vast rightwing conspiracy assembled at the edge of the green.

Once on the green he dribbles a short putt it into the cup...

Now off to the back nein!!

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Response to NYC Liberal (Reply #20)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 09:00 PM

Star Member ellisonz
26. Disrespect to the Office IMHO.

I guess a certain douchenozzle, ^, doesn't remember how the Kenyan treated the justices in a past SOTU.

BTW, dipshit, this is the US of A. Respect for the office isn't required.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Just in case no one knows, although I couldn't find anything for Lyndon Johnson, and John Kennedy didn't do three years.

Approval ratings (per Gallup) (too many links to make) near the end of a president's first term, or rather, at the beginning of his fourth year in office, circa the time of the State of the Union speech:

44.4% late January 2012 0bama
59.6% late January 2004 Bush; won re-election
47.5% late January 1996 Clinton; won re-election by less than 50% of vote
69.5% late January 1992 Bush; lost narrowly in a three-way race
44.9% late January 1984 Reagan; won re-election by a record margin
37.4% late January 1980 Carter; lost badly in an avalanche
49.6% late January 1972 Nixon; won re-election in a landslide
61.8% late November 1963 Kennedy
72.1% late January 1956 Eisenhower; won re-election in a landslide

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

Bidness and reg uh lations.  From the mouth of our articulate President. 

:rotf:

I had it on low in the background, just in case there was gaffe I could laugh at, and read instead, Beck's new G. Washington book.  Much more edifying.  Anyway, I was astounded at how anything to do with commerce or numbers, he got completely wrong wrong wrong.  How can someone not know basic business, stuff taught at Community Colleges to prepare people for office jobs? 

That tuition muddle was just plain embarrassing. 

Offline Chris_

SOTU: Obama pushes plans that flopped before

Associated Press

Bookmarked for later.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It was a huge rehash, but unless I lost count, Obama moaned about regulations then called for the formation of 6 more agencies to regulate the agencies that are overregulating the regulations, or some such shit.  Reaction from around the web, and the Luntz focus group of marjority Obama voters = fail.

A disorganized mishmash of platitudes, carefully-constructed misstatements, and outright lies, from all I've heard so far.  Only saw parts of it, thank God. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
This ticks me off!

Obama is constantly telling us how Warren Buffett complains that he doesn't pay enough taxes, and he lies when he says his secretary pays a higher percentage than he does, of course not telling us how he's paid in stock versus a regular paycheck. So look at this, Warren Buffett is suing the IRS to avoid paying taxes. Hypocrisy ticks me off, whether it's the rich who can afford donations at DU and get benefits from it while the po folk have to do with less, or the hypocrisy of Buffett when it comes to paying taxes and screwing Americans when it comes to the Keystone Pipeline! The article is a couple of months old but it's worth repeating:

http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/buffet-calls-for-taxing-the-rich-while-he-sues-irs-to-avoid-paying-taxes

Buffet calls for taxing the rich while he sues IRS to avoid paying taxes

Warren Buffett, who has been running around complaining that the government should "stop coddling the super-rich" and should raise taxes, is reportedly suing the IRS to avoid $643 million in taxes that the government says Berkshire Hathaway's NetJets subsidiary owes the government for failing to collect ticket taxes from NetJets customers (who include Mr. Buffett himself). The suit against the IRS is filed by NetJets Large Aircraft Inc., not by Mr. Buffett himself, but Mr. Buffett is CEO of NetJet parent Berkshire and its largest individual shareholder.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Boobiez are boobiez.

/dutch
I think not.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Poor Steven Tyler.

Offline Minky

http://youtu.be/UDDRiGIUYQo

I have no idea how to embed a YouTube video. It's definitely worth watching though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:14:29 PM by Minky »

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
To embed a youtube just copy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDRiGIUYQo&feature=youtu.be          the area I highlighted (between the = and & in the text, then click the youtube symbol above the smilies and paste the highlighted area in between the bracketss ][. Awwwww, Minky knew me when she had to teach me how to copy and paste and use Paint :lmao: 1 day my computer crashed and I called her on the phone and I was hysterical, she had to lead me through the whole process of getting back on line LOL, and look at me now!

[youtube=425,350]UDDRiGIUYQo[/youtube]

BTW, awesome youtube!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:00:56 PM by Ballygrl »

Offline Minky

What if I don't have a YouTube button? I could've figured it out had I seen one. LOL