Author Topic: Is the Wright fiasco Michelle Obama's fault?  (Read 4039 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Is the Wright fiasco Michelle Obama's fault?
« on: May 05, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
Christopher Hitchens has an interesting question about the Jeremiah Wright controversy. He uses a style which I myself have found to be particularly effective in political arguments, he takes his opponents claims seriously and with devastating results. If, Hitchens asks, we are to take Barack Obama at his word and believe he does not share Rev. Wright's ugliest and most ridiculous views, what kept Obama going to that goofy church for so long and at such a high cost. Could it be Barack's wife? The question is eminently fair.

This obvious question is now becoming inescapable, and there is an inexcusable unwillingness among reporters to be the one to ask it. (One can picture Obama looking pained and sensitive and saying, "Keep my wife out of it," or words to that effect, as Clinton tried to do in 1992 when Jerry Brown and Ralph Nader quite correctly inquired about his spouse's influence.) If there is a reason why the potential nominee has been keeping what he himself now admits to be very bad company—and if the rest of his character seems to make this improbable—then either he is hiding something and/or it is legitimate to ask him about his partner.

I direct your attention to Mrs. Obama's 1985 thesis at Princeton University. Its title (rather limited in scope, given the author and the campus) is "Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community." To describe it as hard to read would be a mistake; the thesis cannot be "read" at all, in the strict sense of the verb. This is because it wasn't written in any known language. Anyway, at quite an early stage in the text, Michelle Obama announces that she's much influenced by the definition of black "separationism" offered by Stokely Carmichael and Charles Hamilton in their 1967 screed Black Power: The Politics of Liberation in America. I remember poor Stokely Carmichael quite well. After a hideous series of political and personal fiascos, he fled to Africa, renamed himself Kwame Toure after two of West Africa's most repellently failed dictators, and then came briefly back to the United States before electing to die in exile. I last saw him as the warm-up speaker for Louis Farrakhan in Madison Square Garden in the 1980s, on the evening when Farrakhan made himself famous by warning Jews that "when God puts you in the ovens—it's forever!"

See:
Are We Getting Two for One?
Is Michelle Obama responsible for the Jeremiah Wright fiasco?
By Christopher Hitchens
http://www.slate.com/id/2190589/?from=rss

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Is the Wright fiasco Michelle Obama's fault?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »

I have mentioned on more than one occasion that he seemed to be, er, the junior partner in that
marriage.  actually, my first impression was that he was effeminate.  that was when he seemed to
be the afterthought on stage with The MichelleStar! and Okra.  it was as though he was the forgotten
kid at his own birthday party.

Offline phillygirl

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »

I have mentioned on more than one occasion that he seemed to be, er, the junior partner in that
marriage.  actually, my first impression was that he was effeminate.  that was when he seemed to
be the afterthought on stage with The MichelleStar! and Okra.  it was as though he was the forgotten

I don't think he's effeminate...but he is a typical metrosexual liberal.  I would doubt if he ever had a callous on his hands in his life from doing physical work.  Why haven't we ever heard about his crappy jobs while going through high school, college and law school?  I tend to doubt he's ever held a minimum wage job in his life.

She is quite militant. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »

I had a dream the other night that Michelle and Hillary became a couple.  :evillaugh:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »

I had a dream the other night that Michelle and Hillary became a couple.  :evillaugh:

who was pitching, and who was catching? :-)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »

BWAHAHAHA!!!! Hillary basically replaced Humia (or whatever that woman's name is) with Michelle and they were running as the first lesbian couple. Fortunately, I woke up before it went into any detail!!!

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »

That is just mind boggling but I would not mind seeing the two bitches mud wrestle.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »

BWAHAHAHA!!!! Hillary basically replaced Humia (or whatever that woman's name is) with Michelle and they were running as the first lesbian couple. Fortunately, I woke up before it went into any detail!!!

I have got an idea that hillary would give Baroque penis envy.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »
*shudders and laughs at the same time!

I'm so glad I woke up before that dream went any farther. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 03:13:02 PM »
*shudders and laughs at the same time!

I'm so glad I woke up before that dream went any farther. :-)

so his Baroque.   :rotf:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
I emailed that article to a few people, including one of my moonbat brothers and a moonbat neighbor.   :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
I emailed that article to a few people, including one of my moonbat brothers and a moonbat neighbor.   :-)

From Slate to Hot Air (where I found the link) to CC to BEG to etc etc... God bless the internet. LOL

Michelle Obama promices to surpass Teresa Heinz Kerry in outright creepiness as the campain moves on, (and on and on and on) Mrs. Obama's 1985 thesis at Princeton University...

"Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2305083/PrincetonEducated-Blacks-and-the-Black-Community

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:26 PM »

your moonbat neighbor really catches hell from you. :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »

What is odd is that she never gets upset when I send her stuff (at least not publicly) but goes ballistic when one of our other friends emails her stuff like this.  One reason could be is that I pick up her daughter from school on monday, tuesday and thursdays.  She doesn't want to burn that bridge.   :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 03:46:09 PM »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »

What is odd is that she never gets upset when I send her stuff (at least not publicly) but goes ballistic when one of our other friends emails her stuff like this.  One reason could be is that I pick up her daughter from school on monday, tuesday and thursdays.  She doesn't want to burn that bridge.   :-)

yeah, she knows where her bread is buttered. :-)

spellin' :thatsright:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:40:25 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »

From Slate to Hot Air (where I found the link) to CC to BEG to etc etc... God bless the internet. LOL

Michelle Obama promices to surpass Teresa Heinz Kerry in outright creepiness as the campain moves on, (and on and on and on) Mrs. Obama's 1985 thesis at Princeton University...

"Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2305083/PrincetonEducated-Blacks-and-the-Black-Community

Good thing she was not graded on her writing skills. Using a phrase, rather than a sentence, after a semicolon or comma is not proper & would garner you an F. Could be that some of that ebonic upbring rubbed off on her. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »

“You know, this conversation doesn’t help my kids.”
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

boo!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »

Michelle Obama is hot, and you all know it.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
WE--BS for that comment.

The only way I'd hit that is with a 9-iron.

And the attitude?  Don't need it, got all I can handle, thanks for asking, buh-bye!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
Am I wrong for not finding her the least bit attractive? I guess I'm just as bad as the moonbats because when a person like MichelleStar! wears their hatred and bitterness on their sleeve, I see ugly. Lots and lots of ugly. Being crowned a beauty queen would not change that.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
Am I wrong for not finding her the least bit attractive? I guess I'm just as bad as the moonbats because when a person like MichelleStar! wears their hatred and bitterness on their sleeve, I see ugly. Lots and lots of ugly. Being crowned a beauty queen would not change that.

Oh, trust me, you're not alone.  Physical attractiveness only lasts as long as one keeps silent.  Once she opened her piehole, any "cuteness" she may ever have entertained among those not to the left of Mao went right out the window.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
WE--BS for that comment.

The only way I'd hit that is with a 9-iron.

And the attitude?  Don't need it, got all I can handle, thanks for asking, buh-bye!

Double it for me.  Her 'tude will piss off a few voters.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

Well, you aren't  a guy.

I think Hitchens' question is a very good one.  He has been married to her for a long time, so that means they are pretty compatible.  He must hear this kind of conversation from the next pillow on a regular basis, and since he has stuck around for so long, he must agree with it.

The thing about moonbattyness is that it gets very tiresome for rational people after small doses.  There are lots of really hot women who are not crazy.  That he chose one that is crazy says he must like that in her.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!