Author Topic: FedEx delivery guy = 99%  (Read 1493 times)

Offline formerlurker

FedEx delivery guy = 99%
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:48:28 AM »
[youtube=425,350]PKUDTPbDhnA[/youtube]

Jackass.

Offline Cyrus

• Banned
  • مرگ بر جمهوری اسلامی
Re: FedEx delivery guy = 99%
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
Imagine if that was a present for the family's son or daughter. I'm sure he would not like if someone came to his home and smashed his TV  :p

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »
[youtube=425,350]PKUDTPbDhnA[/youtube]

Jackass.

If you knew what they made to drive that truck around it would piss you off even more...
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »
Here's hoping that tomorrow finds this assclown in the unemployment line.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
The drivers load their trucks the same way.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 02:42:37 PM »
If you knew what they made to drive that truck around it would piss you off even more...

Seems to vary between mid 30K and 40K range, non Union BTW, and I believe they lease or own the truck..
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »

Seems to vary between mid 30K and 40K range, non Union BTW, and I believe they lease or own the truck..

That's only FedEx ground though right (because they bought out RPS which was a owner/operator business - my BIL did that for RPS for years, he made a lot of money but is is largely dependent on how much you bust your ass delivering).

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
It's a good thing most of those monitors are packed almost entirely in styrofoam.

The driver is an idiot but if that video is recent (most likely) those guys are working 12-14 hour days right now.  It still doesn't excuse his dumb ass, though.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
That really pisses me off!

I drove a delivery truck for 20 years, I currently work for USPS, and I handle each and every parcel as if it was MINE!

It's not like he didn't know what was in the box.

DUMBASS!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »

Between active duty stints in the mid 90's, I did work for FEDEX as a delivery/pickup driver.  I can tell you for a fact that they pay their couriers very well.  FEDEX founder Fred Smith was a former Marine that understood leadership and how to treat his troopers which he thus carried over to his business.  FEDEX understood that the guys who put their hands on the freight were the money makers, not the slack ass bureaucrats who sat in the corporate offices, and compensated them accordingly.

Since FEDEX was non union, we had a very good working relationship with our station and district management that translated into managers that often drove trucks and moved freight.  Lots of flexibility, lots of productivity, lots of happy customers that were willing to keep using FEDEX.  This was especially true during "peak" season (Christmas) when the couriers were not allowed to have more than 60 hours in a work week (DOT rules).

With that said, the look of that guy's truck (color of the FEDEX lettering) says that he is regular, corporate FEDEX - not FEDEX Ground which has been pointed out as owner operator.  Which means that no matter how much freight is going through that station, he was not going to have to put in more than 12 hours for more than 5 days.  While that ain't easy, it ain't that bad; and considering the fact that you're getting overtime in the obameconomy, it's definitely not a reason to act like a little bitch.

There is a pride factor in most FEDEX employees to act as if what you are touching is going to your house and you are to never, ever, ever mistreat it.  No matter how much you may want to, you don't frikkin' do it.  I have not been a FEDEX courier for 16 years but I have never forgotten how much pride I took in my uniform, my truck, and how I handled myself and a customer's freight.  Captain sunglasses, on the other hand, needs to have his ass kicked and then fired for doing something so stupid.  My guess is that this particular employee probably has a mediocre record at best and more than likely a few "administrative notes" in his personnel file for substandard practices.

FWIW
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
I worked with a guy who was a FedEx driver.  He worked at our place on weekends.  He said getting promoted to a driver is lot of work... he started out unloading trucks and worked his way up to being a driver.  He was making about $45,000 at FedEx at the time.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
If this person shared their video with Fed-Ex, then this guy should have lost his job.  They would know who delivered the monitor very quickly.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
This was on the news this morning.  And I absolutely believe this is an anomaly.  What an idiot.  A FEDEX job is damn good job, and there are cameras EVERYWHERE.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:53:23 AM »
This was on the news this morning.  And I absolutely believe this is an anomaly.  What an idiot.  A FEDEX job is damn good job, and there are cameras EVERYWHERE.   

Yeah, it was pretty clear it was a security camera and not a setup. The guy was in a hurry, and just decided to take care of bidness in the most expeditious way possible.

Karma's a bitch, asshole. Go find yourself a Mickey D's gig now, stuffing cardboard envelopes with fries and looking stooopid.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
If this person shared their video with Fed-Ex, then this guy should have lost his job.  They would know who delivered the monitor very quickly.

Twas on GMA:  http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/delivery-driver-throws-flat-screen-tv-27651996.html
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »
I am not so sure this is faked.... I can't decide.  I didn't see him with his scanner, scan the package or anything.  They usually wear them on their belt.  And any Fedex package I get I have to sign for it on the scanner.

I do know the Youtube comments have pissed me off.

"That's what you deserve you rich asshole"

"If you weren't rich and didn't hide behind your fancy fence this wouldn't happen."

"Well obviously you can afford another one because you are so rich you live behind a fence and have security cameras."

And thousands more.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
YouTube commenters make DUmmies look intelligent by comparison.

It is a wretched hive of scum and villany.

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
I've never read them.  Maxiest, you depressed me.   :(  Well not you personally, but you know, them. 

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
I read them from time to time.

But all the sites I love to visit...  Reddit, Youtube, and a few others have like 96% liberal posters and %4 conservative.  I have to just hit the Red X on my browser sometime because I get so frustrated with it.

Oh well, I sure hope we are the Majority like we think... I am beginning to doubt it.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
I read them from time to time.

But all the sites I love to visit...  Reddit, Youtube, and a few others have like 96% liberal posters and %4 conservative.  I have to just hit the Red X on my browser sometime because I get so frustrated with it.

Oh well, I sure hope we are the Majority like we think... I am beginning to doubt it.

The thing is, conservatives are out there taking care of business - working, taking care of family, paying taxes, doing stuff that has to be done. Libs? They're sitting on YouTube et. al. braying away because they're parked in Mommy's basement playing Keyboard Kommando while Mommy's out working to support the brat.  :whatever:

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
who's to say the tv didnt land safely in a big fluffy bush or pile of the foam "peanuts" that the homeowner left to receive packages.

i need more info before judging

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
The thing is, conservatives are out there taking care of business - working, taking care of family, paying taxes, doing stuff that has to be done. Libs? They're sitting on YouTube et. al. braying away because they're parked in Mommy's basement playing Keyboard Kommando while Mommy's out working to support the brat.  :whatever:

Well I do all that and sit on the interweb.  :whistling:

-Milton Friedman

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 02:56:02 PM »
Well I do all that and sit on the interweb.  :whistling:

As long as yer payin' yer taxes and keepin' the country free of scoundrels, some innerweb time down in Mommy's basement ain't the end of the world.  :-)

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »
As long as yer payin' yer taxes and keepin' the country free of scoundrels, some innerweb time down in Mommy's basement ain't the end of the world.  :-)

Hold on partner... never said Mom's basement...   :asssmack:

-Milton Friedman

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »
Hold on partner... never said Mom's basement...   :asssmack:

:lmao: