Author Topic: Should I Fly to Los Angeles and Find my Asshole Brother?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Karin

Should I Fly to Los Angeles and Find my Asshole Brother?
« on: July 28, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »
DUmp Link

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-28-11 04:22 PM
Original message
Looking for help responding to a right wing hit piece
 I am looking for a real witty response to this email I received from my asshole right wing and poor brother.

These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4.. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Can you think of a reason for not sharing this?

Neither could I......

This both gives me time to respond without just off the cuff sending it back and a little help from our inspired minds.

You know I will respond all when I respond, so everyone can see the responses, so it isn't going back to just one asshole.

Here is something to contemplate, my brother was doing quite well until working in the airline industry, nice house, boat 2 cars, SUV and an off-road vehicle, seasons tickets to the St. Louis Rams and Cardinals before that. He pretty much lost everything after the airlines no longer needed him, his wife, all but one car, boat camper and house. He now lives in a mobile home with his live in girlfriend who like him works for minimum wage with no benefits.

And he sends shit like this. 

Let's see how they do....

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-28-11 04:24 PM
Response to Original message
1. Bumper sticker political philosophy.
 He doesn't understand it, so you can't counter it.
[/quote

Cheap cop-out.

jtown1123 (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-28-11 04:26 PM
2. Nothing witty, but they have to realize, wealthy people got there because of us

the system afforded them wealth. The worker bees and lowly employees built their empire. What on earth do they do that deserves such lavish compensation? Are they curing cancer? Didn't think so. You can't get wealthy in a magical bubble that somehow exempts you from paying your fair share of taxes. I'll try to think of something witty later...

EFerrari  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-28-11 04:26 PM
3. That's a great argument against trickle down economics
 and tax breaks for the 1% while the rest of us carry everything. 
:mental:  What?

C_U_L8R  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-28-11 04:27 PM
4. all completely false arguments
 Edited on Thu Jul-28-11 04:30 PM by C_U_L8R
how about ...
-roads you can drive on (and safe airways and waterways too)
-food that won't kill you
-defenses to protect the country
-savings you can retire on

thats what you pay for.

Nothing to do with the OP.  That's it, just 4 responses.  Still new though. 

Offline JakeStyle

Re: Should I Fly to Los Angeles and Find my Asshole Brother?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »
H5 for the thread title, Everything Zen!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:44:57 PM by JakeStyle »

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I'm thinking I'm liking the brother a lot more than the DUmmie! 

:loser:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
I think that list looks good enough to put on facebook. :)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »
So the brother lost his job (unfortunately) and took a huge pay cut.  Why is he a bad guy again?  At least he works, DUmmy.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Blazingly perfect example of Libtard stupidity on display.

Kudos to the Rethug Bro.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
Hey DUmmie! Maybe your brother isn't poor...maybe he has all he needs in his mobile home and live-in girlfriend.  Sounds like you're the asshole after all.
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
All of those points are quite true and valid.

I got a hunski that says the BIL lost his job after the democrat party took control of congress and started their reign of regulation and incompetence.

My advice for the DUchebag is to fire back "To each according to their need. From each according to his ability." That will show the BIL.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:39:51 PM »

That's the name of that song, I couldn't recall where it came from.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jul-28-11 04:24 PM
1. Bumper sticker political philosophy.
 He doesn't understand it, so you can't counter it.

Yeah? You mean like "Hope and Change?" At least this bumper sticker philosophy is grounded in real world observations.

Hope and Change is grounded in fooling people into voting for nothing.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
Yeah? You mean like "Hope and Change?" At least this bumper sticker philosophy is grounded in real world observations.

Hope and Change is grounded in fooling people into voting for nothing.

Aint that the truth?

The DUmmies love bumper sticker philosophy, in fact it only takes one sticker with one message to sum them up, "tax the rich!".

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »

I second the H5!   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
That's the name of that song, I couldn't recall where it came from.
Bush's fault of course  :lmao:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzbCsfDhPg[/youtube]

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
A Dumbass tries to reply:

LaydeeBug  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jul-28-11 08:38 PM
6. Ok, at a glance
 The so-called "job creators" in this nation pillaged our safety net under the auspices of actually creating jobs. The only place they created jobs was in INDIA, so perhaps they should seek tax relief there. it's time We The People invest OUR tax dollars into businesses that actually create JOBS instead of blame.

1) which party rails about outsourcing jobs while importing illegal immigrants

2) I think you're referring to Obama's buddy: GE

You can't ask a person to pull themselves up by the bootstraps when they are God Damned BAREFOOT.

Pulling up by your bootstraps implies you start small...even if only at a "burger-flipper" job.

How do people pull themselves up with a welfare check? Are they going to start a business? Get a job and lose their free money, rent, food, healthcare they get for NOT working?

How does welfare work?

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. Really? Are you daft? You can't be stupid enough to believe this, since the top one percent enjoys loopholes that you and I do not enjoy.

Just because there are loopholes doesn't disprove the premise.

Maybe if your government wasn't so busy trying to pick winners and losers there wouldn't be crony capitalism trying to buy privilege/hurt competitors while you delude yourself into thinking it will somehow help the poor (read: your own damn greedy self).

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it? Que up the stupid train again, and somebody ask the imbecile who wrote this to tell you what a dividend is. We The People are the shareholders in America, stupid.

A dividend is payment based on a share of profit for having loaned money to the business...imbecile.

You don't get to claim a dividend if you didn't invest your own money to buy the share.

When there are four people for every one position out there, you, your mother, your father, your pastor and all the teabagging conglomerate from sea to shining sea have a lot of nerve to try and say that half the people have any idea where their next meal is coming from because stupid assholes like you fall for stupid shit like this.

Ah yes, the ol' ****-your-xtian-morality-my-morality-is-superior argument.

You assbags don't even believe in give a man a fish vs. teach him to fish; you're too busy stealing other people's fish.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »
Typical DUmp...when someone posts an obvious truth, scream insults.   ::) ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »
That's the first post I've ever seen from Laydeebug. Has any of her other posts ever been brought over? She seems to be another one trying to prove she's the stupidest person on the internet.

I just thought of something...Do you win some sort of prize if you get crowned the stupidest person on the internet? If not, why are so many DUers working so hard to claim the title?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »
OP must be a mole.

Putting that out there to watch the DU-che-bags writhe and squirm trying to debate it.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
Losing everything and being forced to live in a trailer...must sound familiar to poor, stupid Beth.
Unlike the repuke brother, though, Beth still doesn't work.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »
OK my 2 cents on the same tired old liberal argument:

C_U_L8R  (1000+ posts)      Thu Jul-28-11 04:27 PM
4. all completely false arguments
 Edited on Thu Jul-28-11 04:30 PM by C_U_L8R
how about ...
-roads you can drive on (and safe airways and waterways too)
-food that won't kill you
-defenses to protect the country
-savings you can retire on

thats what you pay for.

I agree. That is what I and others that pay taxes pay for. Unfortunately we also pay for the following:

Lazy welfare parasite's food.
Lazy welfare parasite's healthcare.
Lazy welfare parasite's housing.
Lazy welfare parasite's medical care.
Lazy welfare parasite's children... which they pop out at an alarming rate.
Lazy welfare parasite's cell phones.
Lazy asswipes that would rather have a big screen TV and a new vehicle instead of saving their money for retirement... depending on the government to provide that.

That is what is breaking this country.

Now let's talk about the lazy welfare parasites that do not contribute to society. Let's talk about hubs of section 8 housing where the crime rate is very high. Let's talk about those on food stamps being obese. Let's talk about the percentage of lazy welfare parasites that are on drugs. Let's talk about the lazy welfare parasites that drive on those safe roads, eat that safe food, are protected by the military so they are free, and get welfare to retire on cause they never worked at all... of which they contributed NOTHING.  Or how about those that didn't plan on providing for themselves in retirement breaking the bank because we had to spend money on the above?

Hey dummie? We can talk about this all day long. Sounds to me like life dealt your brother the shitty end of the stick, it happens, and guess what? He is coping. Something you dummies can't seem to do.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:32 PM »
That's the first post I've ever seen from Laydeebug. Has any of her other posts ever been brought over? She seems to be another one trying to prove she's the stupidest person on the internet.

I just thought of something...Do you win some sort of prize if you get crowned the stupidest person on the internet? If not, why are so many DUers working so hard to claim the title?

Chuck, I don't think they're working hard at something that comes so damn naturally.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »

Never heard of her. Moonbats are just like moles, in that they're afraid to show up in GD until they're over the 1000 mark. They accumulate stats with "K&R" and "LOL" posts in all the DUmp's trash forums, especially the Lounge, and then show up in GD with post counts that give them some DUmp street cred.

When you see how DUmb so many DUmmies are, it gives you a new appreciation of the truly bottomless stupidity of poor, stupid Beth. It is hard to imagine the depth and consistency of pure ignorance it would take to displace her as the stupidest person on all the internets.

It sort of reminds me of professional golfers. The first PGA tournament I ever attended was way back in the 70s. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were both playing, and they had galleries like Tiger Woods today. So I started following some guys I'd never heard of. Every one of them hit the ball like nothing I could have ever imagined. I was awestruck. One rocket shot after another, huge drives, draws and fades into the pins like dreams. Amazing skill. Then it struck me that these guys were the losers who probably wouldn't make the cut. They couldn't compete with Nicklaus on their best day.  That's how the vast majority of DUmmies compare to EFerrari in stupidity. They're incredible idiots, but she's the Tiger Woods (in his bimbo, HGH prime) of DUmbness.  One DUmmy who comes close is Pedro Picasso, but he's like Lee Trevino to Beth's Jack Nicklaus.

Offline Firechild

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:31 PM »
OP must be a mole.

Putting that out there to watch the DU-che-bags writhe and squirm trying to debate it.

:cheersmate: lmao probably...He sounded about as sharp as a ball bearing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:07:56 AM by Firechild »

I always chuckled and felt uncomfortable when I heard people say Liberalism is a mental disorder, but if it walks like a duck talks like a duck and acts like moron it is a moron.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »
It sort of reminds me of professional golfers. The first PGA tournament I ever attended was way back in the 70s. Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were both playing, and they had galleries like Tiger Woods today. So I started following some guys I'd never heard of. Every one of them hit the ball like nothing I could have ever imagined. I was awestruck. One rocket shot after another, huge drives, draws and fades into the pins like dreams. Amazing skill. Then it struck me that these guys were the losers who probably wouldn't make the cut. They couldn't compete with Nicklaus on their best day.  That's how the vast majority of DUmmies compare to EFerrari in stupidity. They're incredible idiots, but she's the Tiger Woods (in his bimbo, HGH prime) of DUmbness.  One DUmmy who comes close is Pedro Picasso, but he's like Lee Trevino to Beth's Jack Nicklaus.

Now, that is an awesome analogy.

Remarkable.  One for the Ages.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
They accumulate stats with "K&R" and "LOL" posts
  That's why there are countless, endless posts with "+1 nt" in them.  "K&R"....it makes them look like such sheep, without an original thought in their empty gourds with which they could provide some sort of comment. 

Thanks for the H5's and I'm sorry for screwing up the quote tags.  Sometimes when I post a thread, the posting window is jumping all over the place.  Don't know why it does that. 

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 07:46:21 AM »
  That's why there are countless, endless posts with "+1 nt" in them.  "K&R"....it makes them look like such sheep, without an original thought in their empty gourds with which they could provide some sort of comment. 

Thanks for the H5's and I'm sorry for screwing up the quote tags.  Sometimes when I post a thread, the posting window is jumping all over the place.  Don't know why it does that. 
Don't feel alone.  Mine does the same. :banghead:
Royal pain in the behind.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”