Author Topic: Should I Fly to Los Angeles and Find my Asshole Brother?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Re: Should I Fly to Los Angeles and Find my Asshole Brother?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
This one hits home for me. I chose not to work while I am in school so I can put all my efforts into study. I had to save for quite a while to be able to do this. With my savings and the GI Bill we are keeping our heads just above water. We are living a no frills lifestyle. Eating out is an at best a once a month thing and if I don't brown bag lunch I don't eat. We have internet so I can use it for school and basic cable/netflix. Now D'H's paycheck is threatened because congress can't pass a budget (he is AD military) and I am not so sure that the BAH from the VA is not on that list as well.

There is another girl in my class. She eats lunch every day at actual sit down restaurants (IE Olive garden and the like), drives a new car and is always talking about what was on HBO the night before. She was freaking out on the first of this month.

Why?

Because she couldn't find her food stamp card.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »
Thanks for the H5's and I'm sorry for screwing up the quote tags.  Sometimes when I post a thread, the posting window is jumping all over the place.  Don't know why it does that.

Are you using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox?

If you don't have Firefox, where this doesn't happen, there's a way to adjust Internet Explorer so it doesn't happen there either, but I forget what it is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
Oh Aprilrazz....GROAN.    :banghead: :argh: :censored: :mad:

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Are you using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox?

If you don't have Firefox, where this doesn't happen, there's a way to adjust Internet Explorer so it doesn't happen there either, but I forget what it is.

At the top of the IE 8 toolbar there is a tiny icon (just to the right of center) that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded down........click it and enable "compatability mode".........it will stop doing that.

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »
Hey, thanks!