Author Topic: How has DU changed your life? Survey:  (Read 2186 times)

Offline CC27

How has DU changed your life? Survey:
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:47 AM »
rbnyc Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Thu Jan-20-11 09:43 AM
Original message

1. When did you join DU?

2. How did you find DU?

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum?

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU?

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community?

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life?

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person?

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life?

My answers:

1. 2001

2. After September 11th I created a website to expose the political exploitation of the tragedy and promote a truer form of international justice through the ICC. I found DU when I was looking for places to promote my website.

3. DU inspired me to keep my website active and up to date, until the birth of my son. DU inspired me to work as a liaison to the LGBT community in New York for Dennis Kucinich. DU inspired me to be active in the anti-war movement.

4. A lot of talk, a few demonstrations, little action.

5. It did. I was inspired by the actions other people were taking, and I was inspired by having a place to share.

6. When I was in a serious car accident, the support from this community was amazing and truly helped in my recovery.

7. Yes, many, but not in a long time.

8. This community is real, the relationships are real, the friendships are real. At so many forums, the remoteness and anonymity creates an atmosphere of disrespect. That happens here, but it is the exception. It has a lot to do with leadership, admin and mods, and it has a lot to do with us. We're a great group. I'm proud to be part of it.

New bonfire. This should be good.  :popcorn:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x234406

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: How has DU changed your life? Survey:
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
1. When did you join DU? 2003

2. How did you find DU? Heard Rush Limbaugh mention it

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum? Voted pretty solidly republican...other than that, I was an Republican election judge in 2004 & 2006 in a district that is 95% democratic

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU? About the same as I am now

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community? Nope

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life? I laugh more at moonbats

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person? Gawd, I hope none. You people should be isolated and studied

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life? I've found that unintentional humor is incredibly funny, reading DU makes my day sometimes...you people are so ****ing stupid

Anyone dare me to post that at the DUmp? :lmao:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline CC27

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »

Only if you have a mole to burn.  :lmao:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:05 AM »

1. When did you join DU? 2003

2. How did you find DU? Heard Rush Limbaugh mention it

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum? Voted pretty solidly republican...other than that, I was an Republican election judge in 2004 & 2006 in a district that is 95% democratic

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU? About the same as I am now

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community? Nope

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life? I laugh more at moonbats

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person? Gawd, I hope none. You people should be isolated and studied

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life? I've found that unintentional humor is incredibly funny, reading DU makes my day sometimes...you people are so ****ing stupid

Yes!  Absolutely!

Hey--I can play, too!

1. When did you join DU? Haven't--there's no way I could.  My cat would never respect me if I did.

2. How did you find DU? TOS

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum? Nothing

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU? No change--fairly so

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community? No

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life? Not only do I laugh at moonbats, I deliberately provoke them, in order to get them to stroke out

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person? None, AFAIK.  I think a cousin of mine is a moonbat, but I've never really challenged her.

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life? The very fact that people with views such as the ones espoused on DU exist, is proof that God wants us to pay for our sins in this life

Next?

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »

As Flick once said: I DOUBLE DAWG DARE YA!

:tongue:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
Only if you have a mole to burn.  :lmao:

I can't use my longest existing and most prolific mole.  I probably have a few mole accounts left with "DUmmy" e-mail addresses I created, but I'm not sure.

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:43 AM »
1. When did you join DU? Won't, my conservative friends would kick my ass

2. How did you find DU? My friends at the place-that-has-no-name
3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum? Became a poll manager, marched in DC on 9-12, joined the Tea Party movement
4. How politically active were you before you joined DU? just voted, not very active
5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community? see #3
6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life? I'm spending way too much time on the computer at work laughing at you dumbasses and my Facebook misses me

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person? assuming I'd want to???

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life?It has certainly codified my belief in the Tea Party movement and all they stand for, I also turn on Fox news and Glenn Beck even when I can't watch...just to boost their ratings
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
Thus far, the DUmmy thread hasn't gone very far.  An amusing reply, though:

leeroysphitz  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-20-11 12:32 PM
Response to Original message
10. Thanks to D.U. I've lost 40 lbs. in 3 months, I've got fuller thicker hair than I have in years,
 my arthritis is gone and I'm pain free for the first time in years. I can spend more time with the kids, I'm no longer waking up in the middle of the night due to frequent, painful urination, I look fifteen years younger, my spouse and I are having the best sex of our lives.

D.U. cured my foot odor while providing fast soothing relief for my eczema, psoriasis and gout.

I'm more confident and assertive at the office. I got a new job, a big promotion and I just made a fortune in the stock market despite the recession. I own scads of gold and have learned THREE new foreign languages while I sleep.

Thanks to D.U. I'm now my own boss driving a big rig on the open road and my 3 year old is reading at a 10th grade level.

D.U. worked for me and it can work for you too.

Thanks D.U.!

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
10. Thanks to D.U. I've lost 40 lbs. in 3 months, I've got fuller thicker hair than I have in years,
 my arthritis is gone and I'm pain free for the first time in years. I can spend more time with the kids, I'm no longer waking up in the middle of the night due to frequent, painful urination, I look fifteen years younger, my spouse and I are having the best sex of our lives.

D.U. cured my foot odor while providing fast soothing relief for my eczema, psoriasis and gout.

I'm more confident and assertive at the office. I got a new job, a big promotion and I just made a fortune in the stock market despite the recession. I own scads of gold and have learned THREE new foreign languages while I sleep.

Thanks to D.U. I'm now my own boss driving a big rig on the open road and my 3 year old is reading at a 10th grade level.

Thanks D.U.!

This DUmbass will catch hell for not using that stupid "sarcasm" thingy. They may not believe that business about the foreign languages.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
The great thing about DU is that it keeps them from breeding.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:35 AM »
The great thing about DU is that it keeps them from breeding.

I'm not sure anyone would breed with them anyway.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »

Certain bacteria might . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »
Yeah boy! If the DUmp has taught me anything, it's that I was right all along that there are people on this planet, too ****in' stoopid to breathe without askin' a fellow DIver! It's a good thing they are all for abortion, as perhaps they won't damage the gene pool to severely and we can somehow recuperate from their nonsense!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
Oh, I want to play!

1. When did you join DU?
A few months before the last election. No way was I missing that epic meltdown. And we weren't disappointed.

2. How did you find DU?
Followed the smell of bullshit.

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum?
Got Alan Grayson fired. Really, that's my crowning glory.

Same as now, not very.

I doubt any DUmbass' activity increased with all the illegal narcotic usage going on.

It's reinforced my belief that stupidity should be at a minimum very painful, if not a capital offense.

Not sure. I'm sure a few of the people I've met from here have moles.

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life?
Keep the laughs coming you cretins.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline CC27

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »

I was very wrong about this thread. I thought it would burn for awhile. Guess it takes too much effort to type with all those pizza boxes around.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

Never overestimate the low standards of the sexually-desperate.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »

:lmao:

I would love to know the # of moles they have total over there.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
OK, so I guess I'll play along:

1. When did you join DU? I actually joined last year as a mole, I think I lasted a few months, I kind of purposely outed myself because it became increasingly difficult to try and act so dumb all the time just to fit in.

2. How did you find DU? I 1st became aware of it after the 2004 Election that Bush also won.

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum? I joined the Tea Party, I give a little more to Charity, and I refuse to give money to the RNC until they stop becoming Dem-lite.

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU? I've always been kind of politically active anyway, but if anything DU has reinforced even more my Conservative views.

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community? No.

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life? If anything my non-political Husband has become more aware of how many regressive kooks there are out there because of my showing him some posts.

7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person? None.

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life? You've shown me how hateful regressive ideology is, how racist it is, and how supportive they are to ban speech they don't agree with, how they let politics rule their lives and how they're so petty about it they actually allow it to interfere with human contact in the real world, also the pettiness has extended to worrying about Fox being on TV shows in places like offices and Department Stores.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »
Never overestimate the low standards of the sexually-desperate.

Yet stevennumbers remains a virgin?

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »

H5!

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Chase her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »

There are some things that even Liberal, drunk, high, ugly, horny women won't do.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
okay, twist my arm! I gotta get in on this!

1. When did you join DU?
A few months before AndyScam, you know, when you guys were runnin' a con game for the Fat Red Round One! Right after he and Bev fleeced you morons!

2. How did you find DU?
PJ Comics was all the rage! It exposed the comedy relief we could find readin' up on idiots! Course it took me 24 business hrs to finally join a site that exposed it daily!

Heh! AllosaursRus originals!

I wasn't all that into politics until I semi retired and found CircleJerks like DUmpster DIvers so readily easy to ridicule!

Heh! Wouldn't you like to know how many times I've stirred the pot?

The hilarity that exists on the DUmp has more than once improved my day when I woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Hehehehe!

Thank your lucky stars, none! Cause I'd prolly have to stomp a mud puddle in yer ass!

You bet! Thanx to you DUmbasses I have met many like minded individuals as myself at CC! Can't remember when the web was so fun!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »

Thanks D.U.!

Obviously not a donating member:  Looks like he's bought into every ad that AdBot has run over the past 5 years or so.

DUmbshits are such sheep.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
Well, for Khephra the DUmp radically changed his life........to death.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »

1. When did you join DU?  I haven't.  The DUmmies won't let me, I'm too normal.

2. How did you find DU?  PJ Comix's DUmmie FUnnies

3. What are the top 3 political actions you have initiated or participated in that you would say were inspired by your involvement in this forum?  Joined the Tea Party, campaigned against our 18 term Dem congressman, and continued my streak of voting every year, in every election held in this state, since 1977.

4. How politically active were you before you joined DU?  I used to be a dairy farmer.  I know how STUPID the regulations that come from government can be.  You can't allow a cow to pass gas without notifying some damned bureaucrat, and filing some damned form (in triplicate) to the USDA.

5. Did your level of activity increase after you joined this community?  Yes.  Now I spend more time at the computer laughing at you circlejerks.   :rotf:

6. Describe one way DU has had an impact on your personal life?  I give thanks to God every day that I'm no way near as stupid as the average democrat
7. How many fellow DUers have you met in person?  None, and I'd like to keep it that way.  So far, my streak is holding.

8. Is there anything else you'd like to say about the impact of this forum in your own life?  DU is proof that God has a wicked sense of humor, and thru modern technology, we can laugh at these misfits right along with Him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:21:53 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.