Author Topic: So what would you guys do?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
So what would you guys do?
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
We usually spend election night at home, but it seems that the State's Tea Party activists are having an election night celebration in my County, all the NJ News Stations will be there and maybe some NY Stations, I'm very tempted to go although I do enjoy sitting at home watching the results come in from Fox and switching to MSNBC to see Matthews/Olbermann and Maddow going insane.

What would you do?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: So what would you guys do?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »
If it looked interesting, I would definitely go.  I'm kind of a homebody and try to avoid large gatherings but I did drag my butt to a Minuteman rally a few years ago and it was definitely worth the effort.  I went because we had some big-name local people show up that I wanted to see, but that was about it.  You pretty much have to drag me out of the house kicking and screaming to do anything.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:57:15 PM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:59:12 PM »
If it looked interesting, I would definitely go.  I'm kind of a homebody and try to avoid large gatherings but I did drag my butt to a Minuteman gathering a few years ago and it was definitely worth the effort.

I'm really tempted and hubby seems to be OK with us going, he's just concerned because he doesn't know if it's going to be a late night thing and we have to get to work early the next morning, but I think I might be able to change around some of my schedule the next morning and work Tues. morning instead. And the event is totally free too, just a cash bar, but the excitement of it would be meeting some State Conservative politicians, and possibly Christie showing up since he lives in my County, and being at an event with other like minded people also and sharing in the excitement.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
go. 

much of the tea party has been absorbed (not to say assimilated) into the republican party, and the republicans have been FORCED to return to their roots as a result.

just keep in mind that any movement has it's fringe elements.  the MSM will be there trying to find some guy who was born on a UFO, or some chick that uses the "N" word.

keep us posted via your smartphone!  we will have a lively thread as the day progresses.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »
I'm really tempted and hubby seems to be OK with us going, he's just concerned because he doesn't know if it's going to be a late night thing and we have to get to work early the next morning, but I think I might be able to change around some of my schedule the next morning and work Tues. morning instead. And the event is totally free too, just a cash bar, but the excitement of it would be meeting some State Conservative politicians, and possibly Christie showing up since he lives in my County, and being at an event with other like minded people also and sharing in the excitement.

if it's a tsunami, we will know by about 9PM.  if it's not, we will probably know earlier than that.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
What time is it?  The party doesn't start until 7pm Eastern.  Even then, it takes a couple hours to get any kind of numbers in.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
What time is it?  The party doesn't start until 7pm Eastern.  Even then, it takes a couple hours to get any kind of numbers in.

good question. if she is in the western timezone, as opposed to the eastern timezone, it makes a difference.

I think it will be over at 9* for the house, the senate will depend on WA.

*eastern time

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:11 PM »
Open bar?  :naughty:
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the returns for Alaska.  I hope it's not another late night.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

on me.  but only if you are in the bar that I happen to be at. (if MSB will forgive me for the egregious grammatical sin)

I did the same thing in 94.  it cost me $450, but it was worth it.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the returns for Alaska.  I hope it's not another late night.

alaska will be WEEKS coming in.  literally.  if it isn't a blowout (and it won't be), we won't know who won in alaska until nearly december.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
go. 

much of the tea party has been absorbed (not to say assimilated) into the republican party, and the republicans have been FORCED to return to their roots as a result.

just keep in mind that any movement has it's fringe elements.  the MSM will be there trying to find some guy who was born on a UFO, or some chick that uses the "N" word.

keep us posted via your smartphone!  we will have a lively thread as the day progresses.

LOL, I don't have a smart phone but I do have a Google Android on order, and if it comes in time I can use that. I go to the Tea Party protests in my County a few times a year and it's nothing like the MSM portrays, we're just a bunch of normal folks.

And the event starts at 8PM EST, so we should hear about most of the races by 10PM, it's just the PST zone that would be iffy, but we can always just come home and see those results on TV.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »

LOL, no, cash bar, but the buffet is free.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »

I really don't think we're going to hear about Washington and Alaska until a couple of days after the election, and since I'm on the East Coast we'll get to hear Pennsylvania, Delaware and Florida.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
LOL, I don't have a smart phone but I do have a Google Android on order, and if it comes in time I can use that. I go to the Tea Party protests in my County a few times a year and it's nothing like the MSM portrays, we're just a bunch of normal folks.

And the event starts at 8PM EST, so we should hear about most of the races by 10PM, it's just the PST zone that would be iffy, but we can always just come home and see those results on TV.

an android is a smart phone.  with your android, you can tell us stuff on the ground that we don't know and can't see via the MSM.

I encourage you to to participate in the live thread.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:29 PM »
an android is a smart phone.  with your android, you can tell us stuff on the ground that we don't know and can't see via the MSM.

I encourage you to to participate in the live thread.

If the darn thing would be delivered, I haven't gotten it yet. I'm leaning towards going though, I've wanted to go to 1 of these events since Reagan got elected. Oh and the google android I ordered is a model that Walgreen's is selling, $99.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 09:50:13 PM »
OK, I ordered 2 tickets and of course hubby is saying he's not sure he wants to go LOL, I'm like listen if you don't want to go on Mon. I'll just call them and tell them we're not able to go, but I think he'll be OK with going.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 10:30:38 PM »
OK, I ordered 2 tickets and of course hubby is saying he's not sure he wants to go LOL, I'm like listen if you don't want to go on Mon. I'll just call them and tell them we're not able to go, but I think he'll be OK with going.

good for you.  the wife rules the house. (or at least it does when there is no sports on) :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »
good for you.  the wife rules the house. (or at least it does when there is no sports on) :-)

:lmao:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
go. 

I  disagree.  This is not the case in all of the country.  In MA the tea party represents Democrats, Republicans and Unenrolled (Independents).   They have not been absorbed by the Republican party, and are primarily an anti-incumbent movement.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:41 AM »
We usually spend election night at home, but it seems that the State's Tea Party activists are having an election night celebration in my County, all the NJ News Stations will be there and maybe some NY Stations, I'm very tempted to go although I do enjoy sitting at home watching the results come in from Fox and switching to MSNBC to see Matthews/Olbermann and Maddow going insane.

What would you do?

Go, you will have a great time -- the excitement is contagious, the night will fly by!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 07:51:08 AM »
Go, you will have a great time -- the excitement is contagious, the night will fly by!

Yeah, I would go too.   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline true_blood

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
I would go as well. :cheersmate:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
Oh UGH! hubby is trying to back out, if he does it's OK, even though I printed the tickets I could just call them and tell them we're not going. No problem though because I can at least hang out on the computer and party with everyone, and I'll be able to put on MSNBC when the GOP takes over the House.

Offline soleil

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
Check it out. You may like it. Why not?