Author Topic: So what would you guys do?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: So what would you guys do?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 09:07:41 PM »
Check it out. You may like it. Why not?

Because hubby doesn't really want to go, I think it's because we might not be able to change our schedule around, and in between jobs he's going to be helping his Mom pick up the leaves, she has tons of trees, so I think he just wants to relax. I don't have any friends in real life that are into politics like I am so it's not like it's easy to get someone to go with me. It's not a big deal though, I can at least watch the returns and post on the board with people who are into politics like I am.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline soleil

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »
Because hubby doesn't really want to go, I think it's because we might not be able to change our schedule around, and in between jobs he's going to be helping his Mom pick up the leaves, she has tons of trees, so I think he just wants to relax. I don't have any friends in real life that are into politics like I am so it's not like it's easy to get someone to go with me. It's not a big deal though, I can at least watch the returns and post on the board with people who are into politics like I am.

I obviously wouldn't go ( :-)), but I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go!!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 09:54:35 PM »
I obviously wouldn't go ( :-)), but I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go!!

I should tell a few acquaintances that I know who lean left that I got tickets to a free buffet and if they'd like to go LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
I should tell a few acquaintances that I know who lean left that I got tickets to a free buffet and if they'd like to go LOL.

This might work.  Appealling to one of the basic, first-order needs on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs--food.

:hi5: given.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 07:44:30 AM »
Going to a Tea Party GOTV rally this afternoon, then will be free to watch returns via liveblogs and channel surfing with a lovely beverage and not worry about the drive home  :-)