Author Topic: Carly Fiorina Wins GOP Senate Nomination in California  (Read 7756 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Carly Fiorina Wins GOP Senate Nomination in California
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »
RINOland

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
Very good, very good.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
I hope she just kicks Barbara Boxer's ass into oblivion!

I think she will be a real asset to Congress....she's run a major league corporation, has Master's in marketing and management, she understand economics and the economy. Those attributes alone will put her ahead of half of Congress!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:44:16 AM »

I think she will be a real asset to Congress....she's run a major league corporation, has Master's in marketing and management, she understand economics and the economy. Those attributes alone will put her ahead of half of Congress!

I agree. She also has a better chance of winning in this stupid state.

Offline bkg

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
I agree. She also has a better chance of winning in this stupid state.

I don't know her, but I'm asking of most people... is this person a conservative or a Lib with a different label?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
I believe she's a Fiscal Conservative, but not a Social Conservative, with some Libertarian mixed in.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
iCarly wants to regulate the FIRST amendment?

FR has been linking a video showing her saying this and other thins, bit today that video on Youtube says 'This video is private!' and won't let me see it.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 12:14:28 PM »

Yea she has run a major league corporation. Damn near run it into the ground before she got the boot.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

Would some of you rather have Boxer?   Sure it would be great if we had a conservative in every sense of the word but I'll take a Libertarian leaning Republican over Boxer any day. Remember this is CA, the same stupid ass state that elected Boxer numerous times.  Yes, I am sick of voting for the lessor of two evils but the bigger evil that we are faced with is taking us to hell at an excellerated rate. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
Would some of you rather have Boxer?   Sure it would be great if we had a conservative in every sense of the word but I'll take a Libertarian leaning Republican over Boxer any day. Remember this is CA, the same stupid ass state that elected Boxer numerous times.  Yes, I am sick of voting for the lessor of two evils but the bigger evil that we are faced with is taking us to hell at an excellerated rate. 

:clap:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
Would some of you rather have Boxer?   Sure it would be great if we had a conservative in every sense of the word but I'll take a Libertarian leaning Republican over Boxer any day.

She does not lean libertarian if she wants restrictions and government controls on speech.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
She does not lean libertarian if she wants restrictions and government controls on speech.

Ok FGL, who would you rather have, Boxer or Fiorina?  You don't have another option.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
Ok FGL, who would you rather have, Boxer or Fiorina?  You don't have another option.

I would not vote. No other option, is that why Prop 14 is being pushed?

The RINO's and leftists have taken total control of California where there will soon literally be no other option.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »

Oh I was just commenting on Fiorina's Major league corporation experience.  She did good at AT&T, not so good at HP. Although she did oversee the acquisition of Compaq.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »

eye concurved.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
iCarly loved, laid down and enjoyed it, when HP got shaken down by Jesse Jackson:

"And I thought about something that the Reverend Jesse Jackson said to me several years ago. He very graciously came to the offices of Hewlett Packard to visit me, because we were doing some work together for his Rainbow Coalition. And he said to me, 'You know, Carly, every game is better when everybody gets to play.' And I thought it was such a great way of describing why everything is better when all people, regardless of color or nationality or gender, get to play. Sports are better. Business is better. Politics are better. The world is better when everybody gets to play in things that matter."

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/06/12/hps_fiorina_calls_for_governments/

10 years ago she sounded like she wanted world government:

WCIT 2000 Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett Packard, today described changes caused by the Internet as creating a new renaissance, but said that world governments needed to change their policies to create "boundary-less and "border-less" states.

Fiorina said, quoting Charles Darwin, that survivors in this new renaissance would not necessarily be either the strongest or the most intelligent, but those who could adapt the quickest.

"I do believe that governments have recognised the benefits of IT," she said. "but they do not yet truly understand about the need to re-invent their own institutions. It is not because governments are obstinate, but because government power is rooted in things that IT now makes increasingly irrelevant."

She said that boundaries of time, space and geography are less and less relevant to both government and to industry. "Governments must now think about policies being compatible across the world," she said. "This is a problem that government has only just begun to recognise. There should be a recognition that public policy is more boundary-less and that industry and government must collaborate together in new and inventive ways.

"That is easier said than done because industry and government have traditionally regarded each other with suspicion," she said.

"I believe that we are entering the renaissance," she said. "Technology is now entering its transformational phase. It can touch human lives and transform everyone and everything. Internet infrastructure must be as available as oxygen and as reliable as the sun and the moon. This world is bringing forth a torrent of new creativity."

Fiorina said that HP had promoted efforts to admit both mainland China and Taiwan to the World Trade Organisation (WTO), and that would ultimately promote better relations between the two countries, as well as fostering the welfare of their respective populations.

She declined to be drawn on the issue between Microsoft and the US government, saying: "I think what should guide policy with Microsoft is always that it should benefit consumers."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
'You know, Carly, every game is better when everybody gets to play.'

Carly, dear, he was talking about extortion (you ditzy twit).

**edited to correct "twat" to "twit".  I mistyped.  I swear.  I did.  I DID too!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:10:17 PM by Lord Undies »

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
liberal judges:

iCarly loves them.

http://washingtonindependent.com/68650/fiorina-i-would-have-voted-for-sotomayor

"I would have voted to confirm Sotomayor"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »
You guys can be as Pollyanna about as you want, but CEOs are paid to maximize shareholder value, not blow the corporation's bankroll on mudfights that do nothing to move the ball down the court for the stock, and they generally have to dance with several devils and smile while doing it to make that happen.

You're also a day late, a dollar short, and mostly living in the wrong state to bitch about it.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »
maximize shareholder value by joining the Rainbow Coalition and paying off Jesse Jackson? or for regulating the first amendment? I am sure government censored internet is good news for HP.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »
"Yeah, duh!" on the first, and on the second, I doubt HP really looked at it so much as a 1A issue vise a traffic regulation issue.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
We now have a DUer and a commie allowed to post and now we're already justifying RINO's.. wow... just wow. GOBUCKS saw this slide coming I bet.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
We now have a DUer and a commie allowed to post and now we're already justifying RINO's.. wow... just wow. GOBUCKS saw this slide coming I bet.

So did I, "behind the scenes".  Just wait.  It will get worse.  There has already been an attempt to run me off.