Author Topic: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......  (Read 15353 times)

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:27 AM »
Why would I/we shop at walmart, they are terribly over priced, and have a poor selection. Target is alright for some things ( curtains come to mind), But if you are looking for food items, Stater Brothers is the place to go. If you think you found a lower price, go back in 4 days, they will have met it.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »
How many HEB Central Markets does CA have?

That wasn't very nice.  I have 2 within 10 miles though... :naughty:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:34 AM »
Why would I/we shop at walmart, they are terribly over priced, and have a poor selection. Target is alright for some things ( curtains come to mind), But if you are looking for food items, Stater Brothers is the place to go. If you think you found a lower price, go back in 4 days, they will have met it.

I don't do normal grocery shopping at Target or Wal-Mart but when I need a few items and I'm already there I really like it.  Wal-Mart isn't over priced as far as their food goes (Target is), if you want over priced go to Ralphs (Kroger).  I went to a Stater Brothers a few weeks ago and didn't even get out of the car.  There were some scary people hanging around it.  Perhaps I will try another one.  Speaking of scary people, the other day I was picking up my daughter from school and there was an old lady walking across the street and the only thing she had on was a pair of pants and a bra.  This was definitely a bra.  She was obviously homeless.  I felt so bad for her.

I think I'm just having a hard time with what I'm used to and then having everywhere I go be so unfamiliar.  When we moved from Lake Havasu City to Dallas EVERYTHING was an improvement.  We had ONE crappy Wal-Mart in Lake Havasu (This was before the super wal-marts and targets).  One nice grocery store and a couple of crappy ones and no where to shop for clothes,  We had to drive to Las Vegas or Phoenix to do serious clothes shopping.  So I don't remember having the same "culture" shock that I have now.  When we moved from Tulsa to Phoenix when we got married I was too young to notice.  Brea Mall is nice though and better than the mall that was close to my house in Texas...although it doesn't have a Dillards which is a big negative in my opinion.  Dillards have GREAT sales.  Ask Schade about their shoe sales, I'm sure she would agree.   :p

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »
I am and never will be FROM SoCal...I am only a temporary resident.   :p
That's what I thought 22 years ago about TN.   :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
Around Texoma ??  :rotf: :rotf: The WHOLE state of Texas is infested !!! (Look at Austin)
Eh, somebody just put the drain in the middle.
 :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »

Seriously, I will cut you.  

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »

BEG, I've just watched and been thinking about you through all this, but when I read this, I laughed literally out loud. That was hilarious!  :-* :bow:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:56 AM »
I don't do normal grocery shopping at Target or Wal-Mart but when I need a few items and I'm already there I really like it.  Wal-Mart isn't over priced as far as their food goes (Target is), if you want over priced go to Ralphs (Kroger).  I went to a Stater Brothers a few weeks ago and didn't even get out of the car.  There were some scary people hanging around it.  Perhaps I will try another one.  Speaking of scary people, the other day I was picking up my daughter from school and there was an old lady walking across the street and the only thing she had on was a pair of pants and a bra.  This was definitely a bra.  She was obviously homeless.  I felt so bad for her.

I think I'm just having a hard time with what I'm used to and then having everywhere I go be so unfamiliar.  When we moved from Lake Havasu City to Dallas EVERYTHING was an improvement.  We had ONE crappy Wal-Mart in Lake Havasu (This was before the super wal-marts and targets).  One nice grocery store and a couple of crappy ones and no where to shop for clothes,  We had to drive to Las Vegas or Phoenix to do serious clothes shopping.  So I don't remember having the same "culture" shock that I have now.  When we moved from Tulsa to Phoenix when we got married I was too young to notice.  Brea Mall is nice though and better than the mall that was close to my house in Texas...although it doesn't have a Dillards which is a big negative in my opinion.  Dillards have GREAT sales.  Ask Schade about their shoe sales, I'm sure she would agree.   :p

I had an LA friend who had no idea what the DFW area is like.  He assumed it was all rural.  I still laugh about it.  When he finally came to visit he found he really wasn't so far out of his element after all.  He was especially stunned to find the DFW area is about second to only NY for shopping and dining.  He was also amazed it is easier to find horses in LA.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
BEG, I've just watched and been thinking about you through all this, but when I read this, I laughed literally out loud. That was hilarious!  :-* :bow:

She has been influenced by LA gangs.  It will get worse. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »
Ok, I'll be careful the next time I'm alllllll the way out to the left coast.   :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
I had an LA friend who had no idea what the DFW area is like.  He assumed it was all rural.  I still laugh about it.  When he finally came to visit he found he really wasn't so far out of his element after all.  He was especially stunned to find the DFW area is about second to only NY for shopping and dining.  He was also amazed it is easier to find horses in LA.

I'm ashamed to say before I moved to Phoenix I thought it was a bunch of dude ranches. Sigh. I'll go hide now!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 11:26:56 AM »
She has been influenced by LA gangs.  It will get worse. 

As long as she doesn't start drawing her eyebrows in we should be ok.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »
I'm ashamed to say before I moved to Phoenix I thought it was a bunch of dude ranches. Sigh. I'll go hide now!

Ha.  When I moved here in 1980, all my friends asked me if I was going to have an oil well and cattle in my back yard.  I HATED it for my first 10 years, then it started growing on me.  I would love to have four seasons and trees.  Oh yeah, and snow, not ice. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

Me too.....I moved here 26 years ago....as far as I'm concerned.....I'm still temporary :-). People can still tell I'm not from here, because I don't have the E TN accent.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »

Too late, I shaved my eyebrows last week and had them tattooed on.  I look so gangsta.  

Offline Chris_

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
Me too.....I moved here 26 years ago....as far as I'm concerned.....I'm still temporary :-). People can still tell I'm not from here, because I don't have the E TN accent.
What??? No twang???

Do you own a "hose pipe"?

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »
Too late, I shaved my eyebrows last week and had them tattooed on.  I look so gangsta.  

Such an awesome look on you BEG  :rotf:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 11:40:01 AM »

When I was talking to my new neighbor she commented that I didn't sound like I was from Texas because I didn't have an accent.  Then told her that I am originally from Omaha, Nebraska where people are accentless and  talk like newscasters.   :-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 11:40:37 AM »

Draw, hell.  How about the REALLY scary ones who have them TATTOOED ON?  You know, where they screw them up and they arch so high they have a look of permanent surprise?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 11:41:40 AM »

Not until you wear a black bra with a white tanktop and you develop "ghetto hips".  And don't forget the t-bar that goes with it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline debk

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2009, 11:43:16 AM »
What??? No twang???

Do you own a "hose pipe"?

:huh?:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

Did you buy lipliner too? Darker then the shade on your actual lips of course

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Not until you wear a black bra with a white tanktop and you develop "ghetto hips".  And don't forget the t-bar that goes with it.

I work out a lot and still have 'ghetto hips' :bawl:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »
Oh, that's right--I forgot the used-oil/hairdye look.  My bad.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
I work out a lot and still have 'ghetto hips' :bawl:

Ah, but do you have the "muffin top" to go with it?