Author Topic: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......  (Read 15342 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: I hate anyone with any variation of Texas in their screen name......
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
O-kay.  Call me a beeotch and not a bastard.  To quote our most recent troll/mole: I AM A Girl.  And, I live in the Dallas area.  The weather is pretty sucky, as usual.  And blah blah blah it is all bad here  Yada Yada Yada.  No seasons, too much rain, not enough rain.  You know the story. 

At least your weather is better? 

all would be better with boobiez picturez.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
all would be better with boobiez picturez.

Maybe for you, but prolly not so much for BEG. :uhsure:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »
BEG is woman enough to appreciate a good pair of boobiez.

:-)

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
BEG is woman enough to appreciate a good pair of boobiez.

:-)

And the CC men have come out to play  :p

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 08:23:54 AM »
This is in response to bkg.

I have lived in the Dallas area for the past 15 years. My parents moved there about 12 years ago. My husbands family live just outside of Tulsa which was just 4-5 hours away. My life was complete.  We had a house that we could more than afford and we put a lot of work into it.  We had a large group of friends who we hung out with frequently. My kids had their friends and we lived in an excellent school district.

I was forced to move to crappy southern California because my husbands work closed the office in Dallas and moved all the designers to CA. Now I am house poor and live in a house that cost three times what it would cost in Texas.  While our house in Texas needed no work the house in California that cost three times our house in Texas needs work. We just replaced the carpet in the bedrooms (the rest of the house is wood and tile). It needs to be painted both inside and out, two windows need to be replaced (but they are nice windows), the roof has some cracked tiles that need to be replaced to the tune of about $800, one bathrrom needs remodled (and I want to redo the master bath too), the wood floors need to be refinished....that's all I can think of now.

To top it all off we have taxes and fees coming out our ass. I want my walmart and target stores, the walmart and target's here suck big time. They don't even have a Super Target, can you friggen believe it?  Also no DILLARDS.  I also used to take my mom with me when ever I went to the store. I miss my mom...sniffle.  

What's wrong with the Target just off Harbor and Orangethorpe?  IIRC, that's a Super Target.  As far as Wally World goes, can't help you there.  The closest one I know of for sure is La Habra, just off Beach.  It's not a bad one, as Walmarts go.  And I believe there's also one in Brea.

As far as taxes, etc., goes, yeah, I feel your pain.  One big reason I left, and one big reason I'll never move back to CA.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 08:25:10 AM »
She'll be giving the proud2bedumbass and greenbrier a run for their money at DU..................................

Shit I remember my years in Long Beach...........you think it's bad, go down to my old hood...........PCH and Willow were the bordering streets with Santa Fe Ave. as the cross street.

Hang in there BEG :cheersmate:

And you LIVED?  You brave sumbitch.  Then again, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in Inglewood and Hawthorne (think Lenox).  My mother's old house is on Arlington and 67th (she went to Washington HS--imagine that, even back in the day.)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »

Yes, we have.  And how YOU doin?  :naughty:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:31 AM »
TexasSchade checking in!  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »
Yes, we have.  And how YOU doin?  :naughty:

I'm hanging out waiting for my new California peep to pop on :p  Even if she is from SoCal.   :tongue:

Offline bkg

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:12 AM »
This is in response to bkg.

I have lived in the Dallas area for the past 15 years. My parents moved there about 12 years ago. My husbands family live just outside of Tulsa which was just 4-5 hours away. My life was complete.  We had a house that we could more than afford and we put a lot of work into it.  We had a large group of friends who we hung out with frequently. My kids had their friends and we lived in an excellent school district.

I was forced to move to crappy southern California because my husbands work closed the office in Dallas and moved all the designers to CA. Now I am house poor and live in a house that cost three times what it would cost in Texas.  While our house in Texas needed no work the house in California that cost three times our house in Texas needs work. We just replaced the carpet in the bedrooms (the rest of the house is wood and tile). It needs to be painted both inside and out, two windows need to be replaced (but they are nice windows), the roof has some cracked tiles that need to be replaced to the tune of about $800, one bathrrom needs remodled (and I want to redo the master bath too), the wood floors need to be refinished....that's all I can think of now.

To top it all off we have taxes and fees coming out our ass. I want my walmart and target stores, the walmart and target's here suck big time. They don't even have a Super Target, can you friggen believe it?  Also no DILLARDS.  I also used to take my mom with me when ever I went to the store. I miss my mom...sniffle.  

Ahhh... On the same page now... know the feeling in many ways as I had to leave the dream house when the ex decided she would prefer to be married to someone else.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 08:51:55 AM »
I'm hanging out waiting for my new California peep to pop on :p  Even if she is from SoCal.   :tongue:

Shut up and keep sending the water, and we'll keep not giving a crap about you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:55:25 AM by NHSparky »

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 08:55:38 AM »
Shut up and keep sending the water, unless you want us to shut off your power.

Whatever.  When SHTF, we are going to be so much better off because we will have the water, and you guys will be desert.   :tongue: 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »
Whatever.  When SHTF, we are going to be so much better off because we will have the water, and you guys will be desert.   :tongue: 

Like I said, show me a SoCal who cares, and that'll be one more than I ever found.  Oh, and when the SHTF, we might be desert, but you'll be floating out to sea.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

:lmao:

When the boobiez comez out the menz will always want to play.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »
:lmao:

When the boobiez comez out the menz will always want to play.

KC

+1

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 10:20:37 AM »
I'm hanging out waiting for my new California peep to pop on :p  Even if she is from SoCal.   :tongue:

I am and never will be FROM SoCal...I am only a temporary resident.   :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »
What's wrong with the Target just off Harbor and Orangethorpe?  IIRC, that's a Super Target.  As far as Wally World goes, can't help you there.  The closest one I know of for sure is La Habra, just off Beach.  It's not a bad one, as Walmarts go.  And I believe there's also one in Brea.

As far as taxes, etc., goes, yeah, I feel your pain.  One big reason I left, and one big reason I'll never move back to CA.

You don't know what a Super Target is if you call that Target a Super Target.  I have been to about 5 targets so far and they all suck.  I'm probably being too hard on CA Targets because I don't want to like them but they are not at the same level as the Super Targets in Dallas.  CA Wal-marts are like the old Wal-Marts in Dallas.  The Wal-Marts in Dallas have a full grocery store (so do the Super Targets), they are at least half of the store, not just a few food items. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 10:26:19 AM »
You don't know what a Super Target is if you call that Target a Super Target.  I have been to about 5 targets so far and they all suck.  I'm probably being too hard on CA Targets because I don't want to like them but they are not at the same level as the Super Targets in Dallas.  CA Wal-marts are like the old Wal-Marts in Dallas.  The Wal-Marts in Dallas have a full grocery store (so do the Super Targets), they are at least half of the store, not just a few food items. 

That's because CA can't afford the cool shit.  It has all migrated to Texas!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
How many HEB Central Markets does CA have?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:03 AM »

KC

Along with their Liberal/ Progressive idiots...  :banghead:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 10:35:08 AM »
Along with their Liberal/ Progressive idiots...  :banghead:

There are a bunch of yankees around Texoma for sure.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 10:40:21 AM »
There are a bunch of yankees around Texoma for sure.

Around Texoma ??  :rotf: :rotf: The WHOLE state of Texas is infested !!! (Look at Austin)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline bkg

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 10:41:10 AM »

KC

Actually, IIRC, it's because of the (mandated?) unionism in CA. Used to work at TGT - been a while, so I'm fuzzy, but I'm 90% positive it had something to do with unions.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »
Around Texoma ??  :rotf: :rotf: The WHOLE state of Texas is infested !!! (Look at Austin)

Is it going to be a problem?  You know, like when the SHTF and Texas becomes a republic again?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »

I always thought that Texoma would be a stronghold. Austin has always been loco and they like South Texas for the climate. Next thing you know, those SOBs will have permanent residence in Amarillo.  :mental: