Author Topic: Sh*t my dad says  (Read 7634 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Sh*t my dad says
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »
Nobody told me that there was an A-school for the "dad" MOS .   I just sorta got tossed my kit, they told me "you're a dad now" and left me to figure it out for myself.

It's cool that my kit includes how to pack 27 suitcases (I have a wife and two little daughters)  into a trunk tetris-style for a family vacation. My dad could do that. All of a sudden, I learned it, too!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
More from Mr. Snuggle Bunny's Guide to Parenting:

How's my favorite son doing?

*pause for response*

Not you; your brother.

*pause for response*

No, I don't pick favorites with my children; I think you should have to compete for it.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »
"That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them."
:lmao: Wise man!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chump

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »
"I like the dog. If he can't eat it, or **** it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that."

:lmao:
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:08 AM »
I don't remember too much from my Dad except "Don't pick your nose."  But my mom?

"You want sympathy?  I will tell you where to find it in the dictionary, right between shit and syphillis." 

(Note: Had no clue what syphillis was, much less how to spell it.)

R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 12:31:02 PM »
I don't remember too much from my Dad except "Don't pick your nose."  But my mom?

"You want sympathy?  I will tell you where to find it in the dictionary, right between shit and syphillis." 

Same here. My dad passed when I was 12. My mom's favorite started when I was about 13 and passed her in height. She's 6 feet tall...

"With a chair and a baseball bat, I can still take you out."
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »
"Oh please, you practically invented lazy. People should have to call you and ask for the rights to lazy before they use it."
"You sure do like to tailgate people... Right, because it's real important you show up to the nothing you have to do on time."
:rotf:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
"If mom calls, tell her I'm shitting... Son, marriage is about not having to lie about taking a shit."
9:46 AM Oct 26th from web
:-) Well said! :lmao:

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »
"Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."
:lmao: I so wanna say this to all the Blackberry fanatics i run into!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »
"We don't hit girls.

"I don't care if she was being annoying. If we hit girls every time they annoyed us we'd never get anything done."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 02:46:07 AM »
"We don't hit girls.

"I don't care if she was being annoying. If we hit girls every time they annoyed us we'd never get anything done."

Oh boy. :lmao:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 09:03:44 AM »
:rofl: OMG!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
"We don't hit girls.

Very true.  :rotf:

Offline thundley4

Re: Sh*t my dad says headed to TV
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »
Twitter fave Shit My Dad Says heads to TV
Twitter sensation Shit My Dad Says is headed to television.

CBS has picked up a comedy project based on the Twitter account, which has enlisted more than 700,000 followers since launching in August and has made its creator, Justin Halpern, an Internet star.

"Will & Grace" creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick are on board to executive produce and supervise the writing for the multicamera family comedy, which Halpern will co-pen with Patrick Schumacker. Halpern and Schumacker will also co-exec produce the Warner Bros. TV-produced project, which has received a script commitment.

The comedy's title will change if it gets on the air. (ya think?)

Halpern, 29, had moved back in with his parents in San Diego, and on Aug. 3 he launched "Shit My Dad Says," a Twitter feed featuring colorful -- often profane -- comments and pearls of wisdom made by his 73-year-old father during their daily conversations.
HollywoodReporter

Why not put it on cable ?

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
****in' A, right. Don't mix shit with the Makers...

"I'm having a Makers Mark, you want one? What? 7up? I ain't mixing ****ing makers with 7up. Might as well put a lil' ****ing umbrella in it"
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »
"Why the **** would I want to live to 100? I'm 73 and shit's starting to get boring. By the way, there's no money left when I go, just fyi."

That's pretty good.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Golem

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
This site is freaking hysterical!  :lmao:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
"Don't listen to the ***** side of you when you make a decision. People gravitate towards being a *****. Remove the *****, son."
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 03:45:58 PM »
“We’re banned from the dog park. Well, I guess it’s okay to hump, and it’s okay to bark, but both at the same time freaks people out."
:lmao: :lmao:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:05:08 PM by Chris »

Offline 5412

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »
Nobody told me that there was an A-school for the "dad" MOS .   I just sorta got tossed my kit, they told me "you're a dad now" and left me to figure it out for myself.

Hi,

I am damn near 70 and I can relate with that one.  My dad left when I was three months old, my mother remarried and I got sent to a boarding school.  All of a sudden I was 22 with three kids in diapers trying to figure out what the hell to do.  My training was watching Ozzie and Harriett and My Three Sons on TV and my Marine Corps DI.  Of the three, the DI was most accurate.  

I got a do over and ended up raising a step child.  Much better step father than I was a father, but there was unconditional love....coupled with smartass remarks along both roads.  Now I hear my kids, particularly my oldest daughter, telling her kids the same stuff I told them.  My step daughter would make a good DI.  She is having to train her two boys and her husband and doing a pretty good job of it.

regards,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:08:09 PM by 5412 »

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
"No, he is not a nice boy. There is no such thing as a nice boy. There are boys and then there are fags."

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »
"Everybody's broke, so here's the rule for Christmas this year; if you still shit your pants, you get a present. Otherwise tough shit."
:lmao:  :lmao:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2009, 11:57:14 PM »
"I don't need more friends. You got friends and all they do is ask you to help them move. **** that. I'm old. I'm through moving shit."

:lmao:

Offline Chump

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
"I like See's candy. Put me in a See's store, I'm eating candy. The whole world is Tiger's See's store, and the candy is vagina."
9:14 AM Dec 14th from web

:lmao: :lmao:
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

My word, Iassa, your mother was my father.   Wonder how that makes us related.?

Dad had a healthy vocabulary, I still cannot figure out the " Jesus Christ on a pogo stick" came from.

Don't tell your mother I gave you a beer, [I was 30 years old]=======Me to my kids, "don't tell Grandma I gave Grandpa a beer."

That neighbor believe it or not is a millionare but he don't have a damn cent. 

1969  on the moon landing,   ": Put enough TNT under a brick out house and anyone can go to the moon.   Himmmmmmmm, don't even want to go there.

In a mood of contemplation's Oceans are dieing, has been since the 1940's when I saw the changes in the coral off Key West.  Dad rode the ASR's  as master Diver and Rigger for 22 years.

Every thin boy I dated was a " Pecker neck kid."

That Admiral Rickover is the Father of the nuclear navy, he has balls the size of beach balls. 

Calling me in tears,   We lost the Thresher.

Refusing to talk to me when the Scorpion went down, my Hubby left on a Boomer the next day.

Some time in the late 1980's we were standing on the front lawn facing the river and out of the blue Daddy says, " some day there will be orange trees on this spot."

Anyone touch my lobster traps and I will shoot a hole in their boat below the water line.,

Few memories of him as a kid, he was Carear Navy,  quite an experience for me to have a dad around all the time.   For the first 12 years of my life he would come and go, no time to even get to know the man.   Then he retired and I too my surprise found I was living with a knuckle dragging deck ape.

To listen to Dad one would think him a rip roaring raciest, he used every term know to man about everyone.   I asked him once, just once why he put down everyone different from us.  He replied that a true Yankee disparages everyone different from them.   But they save the worse for their own kind...   

Darn Xmas and memory's of Daddy and the good times.

Oh yes------Wish in one hand and crap in the other.

Someone needs to give you a hit between the running lights.

But the best thing I remember is his having a T 'Shirt with   DILLIGAF, Bar and Grill on the front.