Author Topic: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?  (Read 10626 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?
« on: December 25, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »
I got seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter,(Which I have never seen but have been told by EVERYONE is great) season 3 of Lost, A couple of movies, some cool "dad" gifts from the kids (A remote caddy, a #1 Dad baseball from the mancub, candles from my daughter) a copy of Halo 3 and a big tin of the best butter cookies I have ever tasted from England.

Whatja get?  :hyper:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 10:54:27 AM by asdf2231 »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: What did Santa Bring Ya?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »
Nothing from Santa. The stork is bringing mine in August.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
We haven't opened anything yet, will do that tonight!  :naughty:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »
Peace and quiet. :)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »

Ditto. No gift exchange this year between me and Mrs. E. We spent a pile of money getting this house outfitted. That's enough.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 01:20:17 PM »
Well, aside from the Toshiba flatscreen:

$125 in Best Buy gift cards
beautiful necklace with a glass pendant (I'll post a pic, it's hard to describe)
alligator ornament with Santa hat
Marley and Me book
Jade elephant pendant necklace (to represent my status as a CR chairwoman  :-)  )
5 scratch-off lottery tickets (all duds  :( )
candy

best present was to spend time with my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and a cousin.  :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
We pretty much agreed no gifts too btween the other half and I, but my mother got me a few really unique necklaces which she knows is my thing and the kids got me a medicine ball and a yoga mat...yes, I asked for those if possible. We had to get new phones recently so that was sorta the 'big' gift even though it was necessary. Oh and I got another tree with flocking on a great sale last week and that's really all I wanted. OH and my mother also got me frosty the snowman pjs(I fit in a medium--in fact they were baggy--woot!!)..yes, I asked for them..she always buys me a pair too so when I saw them I told her that I see the ones I wanted...Hey, it's an old family thing..don't laugh.  :-)

Oh the family got a wii too so that was another of the biggies. I've already kicked everyone's butt in boxing.  :uhsure:

Like ACC, I think what I enjoyed most was the hour long talk with one of my brothers. Really miss him and always waiting for the 'the call' because of his medical conditions.  :(

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »
Well, aside from the Toshiba flatscreen:

$125 in Best Buy gift cards
beautiful necklace with a glass pendant (I'll post a pic, it's hard to describe)
alligator ornament with Santa hat
Marley and Me book
Jade elephant pendant necklace (to represent my status as a CR chairwoman  :-)  )
5 scratch-off lottery tickets (all duds  :( )
candy

best present was to spend time with my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and a cousin.  :)

Nothing says Christmas like lottery tickets :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »
Nothing says Christmas like lottery tickets :-)
:lmao:
They were in my stocking (which was a surprise in itself.  I didn't think I'd get a stocking this year.  Didn't get one last year.  :( )  Everyone here got them.  A couple folks won about $5 each.  All others were duds. 

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »

Me too. I will be celebrating late this year as I'm visiting family on Sunday and I'll get gifts then. But I did have a couple of gifts from friends (chocolates and books) and a new computer from me to me - but I needed that tp use for work as well as pleasure.  :-) I'm not spending lots this year because I'm having the garden relandscaped but one cool gift I found for my brother was a complete set of plants for a vegetable garden

Offline djones520

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »

Warhammer 40K Model

Nintendo Wii Speak, and a card to download some new games with.

A gift certificate for dinner at Red Lobster

And my mother-in-law got me whats probably the weirdest Christmas Gifts ever.  An umbrella that fits in the glove box, a flash light that can stand on a tripod, a 4 DVD set of Deer Hunting shows, and other various little things.  First Christmas she's sent me any presents, so I'm guessing giving her a "legitimate" Grandchild was enough to get her over me being an Atheist and the worst mistake of her daughters life.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

Good thing -- my old QC2s were dead:

Those of you who know how many miles I travel (220,000 real miles last year), know this is an absolute necessity).

Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »
I just finished getting the 13" TV/DVD combo hooked up in the Mancub Cave.

I had to go to 6 different stores to find one.  Everybody has shifted over to flat screens it seems.

At the very end of the TV aisle in Shopko was a dusty forlorn looking Television floor model that still looked like a TV. :-)

We still have a 13" Korean TV in the basement that runs (Albeit like crap) and that thing is 20 years old.  I think I may have purchased the last Television in my lifetime that looked like the "Traditional" TV's I grew up with.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
I just finished getting the 13" TV/DVD combo hooked up in the Mancub Cave.

I had to go to 6 different stores to find one.  Everybody has shifted over to flat screens it seems.

At the very end of the TV aisle in Shopko was a dusty forlorn looking Television floor model that still looked like a TV. :-)

We still have a 13" Korean TV in the basement that runs (Albeit like crap) and that thing is 20 years old.  I think I may have purchased the last Television in my lifetime that looked like the "Traditional" TV's I grew up with.

We've got a 13" Japanese one thats about that old.  Still works pretty well.  Thats your problem, you bought Korean.   :tongue:

We had a DVD player that was Korean in Japan.  About 3 months before we moved, it started to go on the fritz.  It got to the point that I was frustrated with it, and hit it, and it started working.  So I told my wife (whose Korean) later on when it was doing it again, that because it's Korean technology that you had to hit it to make it work.  She got this pissed off look on her face, and I told her to try it.  So she did, and it started to work.  She didn't say a word.   :-)
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 03:24:45 PM »

You mean the ones that look like a piece of furniture?

My neighbors had an old Zenith console... I'm not sure, but I think they still have it.  I hope they've upgraded since 1977.  I have a friend who does electronics repair... you'll still see people pulling up to the store with four of their friends to offload some old console set to have it repaired.  I wouldn't mind retrofitting one of those with an HDTV setup.  It would be cool.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
We had a DVD player that was Korean in Japan.  About 3 months before we moved, it started to go on the fritz.  It got to the point that I was frustrated with it, and hit it, and it started working.  So I told my wife (whose Korean) later on when it was doing it again, that because it's Korean technology that you had to hit it to make it work.  She got this pissed off look on her face, and I told her to try it.  So she did, and it started to work.  She didn't say a word.   :-)

I see a lot of sleeping on the couch in you future.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »
We've got a 13" Japanese one thats about that old.  Still works pretty well.  Thats your problem, you bought Korean.   :tongue:

So if your wife doesn't operate properly...???

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »
Nothing.

My wife and I have parted ways.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »
I went to dinner with my dad yesterday.  He gave me a check for $150.  He also bought me a Wii a few weeks ago.  Then we did a little shopping,  mostly looking and no buying.  But we found this great dining table with 4 chairs on sale, and he was going to buy it, but they were out of stock.  They only had the floor model left and the leg on the table was broken.  Oh well, I just thought that it was nice that he would have bought it if they had had it in stock.

Anywho, then supper of seafood gumbo at my mom's.  Delicious!  And my mom bought me the Wii Fit a few weeks ago, so I wasn't expecting anything, BUT she got me this really nice 10 cup rice cooker!  And she also got me The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

My mom, her boyfriend and I watched A Christmas Story.  Jim had never seen that movie before.  So when a funny part was coming up, both my mom and I would say "Oh this is a good part Jim."  LOL!

Today, I went to my SIL's sister's house.  From my brother & SIL I got a gift card for Target.  From one nephew I got bag clips and the other gave me this bracelet that's too small to fit on my wrist.  LOL!  They loved the stuff I got for them.  The sister's two girls got a Wii and we all played that.  Ate some queso and chips, chili and ham sandwiches. 

It was a good Christmas.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 05:00:14 PM »
Nothing.

My wife and I have parted ways.
Sorry to hear that Tucker. Hope 2009 will be a better year for you.  :(

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that Tucker. Hope 2009 will be a better year for you.  :(

Thanks. It will make the move to Tennessee easier.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »
I went to dinner with my dad yesterday.  He gave me a check for $150.  He also bought me a Wii a few weeks ago.  Then we did a little shopping,  mostly looking and no buying.  But we found this great dining table with 4 chairs on sale, and he was going to buy it, but they were out of stock.  They only had the floor model left and the leg on the table was broken.  Oh well, I just thought that it was nice that he would have bought it if they had had it in stock.

Anywho, then supper of seafood gumbo at my mom's.  Delicious!  And my mom bought me the Wii Fit a few weeks ago, so I wasn't expecting anything, BUT she got me this really nice 10 cup rice cooker!  And she also got me The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

My mom, her boyfriend and I watched A Christmas Story.  Jim had never seen that movie before.  So when a funny part was coming up, both my mom and I would say "Oh this is a good part Jim."  LOL!

Today, I went to my SIL's sister's house.  From my brother & SIL I got a gift card for Target.  From one nephew I got bag clips and the other gave me this bracelet that's too small to fit on my wrist.  LOL!  They loved the stuff I got for them.  The sister's two girls got a Wii and we all played that.  Ate some queso and chips, chili and ham sandwiches. 

It was a good Christmas.  :)

Sounds great, Mia!  Keep all these great family Christmases in your heart forever.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
Oh, I dunno, I got the usual standard stuff.

Including yet another annual subscription to the Reader's Digest, from a nephew and his wife.  It's not really my thing, but they've always heard me complain about the Reader's Digest creating new ailments, new diseases, that never before existed in all the history of mankind, and so it's probably a gag gift.

The neighbor brought over 7 20-pound bags of cat-litter.

A padded jacket from a certain woman, which fits but is useless, because I don't wear heavy clothing.  I thanked her anyway, profusely.

Lots of homemade cookies, from various people.

A $70 gift certificate to be applied against the purchase of a revolver, from the old guy across the river here.

A round roast of beef, circa 8 pounds, for the cats, from a little old lady in town.

Four pairs of gloves, ranging from expensive leather to a $1.19 pair, from the ancient elderly gentleman who used to mow the lawn here, and his wife, but alas useless because I don't do gloves.  I thanked them anyway, profusely.

A gift certificate for $25 from the local bar-diner, from the town inebriate who now mows the lawn here; I was touched, because apparently the business doesn't do gift certificates, and so the owner of the place hand-wrote it for me, on the back of a page from a calendar.

Photographs of the infant daughters of the nephews and nieces-in-law.

The oldest nephew got me a new tower and hard-drive, which I've already talked about, but as he's far away and to come here means a considerable detour, we'll see when that gets here.  The conditions of weather and the roads puts a damper on travel here.

The soil scientist who's still analyzing the William Rivers Pitt gave me a china commemorative plate of Clare Booth Luce.

There's other stuff, but as I immediately put them away and send off a "thank you" note, I forget after a few days.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
Sounds great, Mia!  Keep all these great family Christmases in your heart forever.

The bonus, my mom bought the seafood at this Asian market near my house.  They had fresh gulf shrimp for $3.99/lb!  I now have a new place to shop for meat at.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »
The bonus, my mom bought the seafood at this Asian market near my house.  They had fresh gulf shrimp for $3.99/lb!  I now have a new place to shop for meat at.  :)

Those Asian markets are great.  The seafood is so fresh, some of it is still moving!