Author Topic: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?  (Read 10627 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
Well, there was a BIG family surprise for Christmas in Louisiana... I just found out that a cousin of mine is pregnant with twins.  OY! 

I have said it before that all the women in this family are extremely fertile.  I worry about when my time will come.  :o

well, you just scared off half of your suitors, but doubly attracted the other half :-)

I drove through LA;  it was pretty grim.  lots of places are still just devastated.  but then I went to the mississippi gulf coast to gamble, and those f*ckers are still building stuff.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »
well, you just scared off half of your suitors, but doubly attracted the other half :-)

I drove through LA;  it was pretty grim.  lots of places are still just devastated.  but then I went to the mississippi gulf coast to gamble, and those f*ckers are still building stuff.

:lmao:  I've only got one suitor at this time (been dating him for just over 8 months) and the scary part is that he recently brought up the "M" word in a conversation with me on a date.  I'm 24 years old, and I'm nowhere near ready for that step just yet. 

Another cousin and her husband were Katrina evacuees who resettled in Shreveport and built a new home.  They went back to NO recently, and they saw what you saw, and took pictures of their old house.  The water had gone all the way up to the ceiling.   :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
:lmao:  I've only got one suitor at this time (been dating him for just over 8 months) and the scary part is that he recently brought up the "M" word in a conversation with me on a date.  I'm 24 years old, and I'm nowhere near ready for that step just yet. 

Another cousin and her husband were Katrina evacuees who resettled in Shreveport and built a new home.  They went back to NO recently, and they saw what you saw, and took pictures of their old house.  The water had gone all the way up to the ceiling.   :(

does he know how strongly that fertility runs among the wimmins in your family? :uhsure:

my bar tender at the airport has just NOW gotten back into her house.  she said that the feds should have stayed out of it;  it just delayed her insurance company paying for her damages.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2008, 11:34:58 PM »
does he know how strongly that fertility runs among the wimmins in your family? :uhsure:

my bar tender at the airport has just NOW gotten back into her house.  she said that the feds should have stayed out of it;  it just delayed her insurance company paying for her damages.

Yeah, he does.  And that, um, excites him.  :uhsure:   :o He's a little too much like my sister's husband, in that he would like enough kids to form a baseball team.  Uh, no. 2 would be good enough for me, thank you.  Sometimes, dating older guys who are a little too eager to have kids is a little irritating (he thinks he's getting old...  I need an outsider to tell "D" ,a 29 year old, to chill out and that he has plenty of time :p :lmao:

Just NOW?  That's the federal government, for ya.  :hammer:  I agree with her.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2008, 11:45:04 PM »
happy new year, ACC!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr2MlwbYqjM[/youtube]

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »
the sound is better on this one:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy-QmgdUVTI[/youtube]

Offline debk

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »

I was 26 when my first one was born. At the time I thought I was too young.

Now, I'm glad that they are grown and I'm not that old....but I still wish I had waited to get married (I was 24) and done more things - travel and career - first. But back then, all my friends were already married, and I thought I needed to be too.

I was lucky my second was a boy....I don't think I would have been willing to be pregnant another time.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2008, 12:02:54 AM »

Now, I'm glad that they are grown and I'm not that old....but I still wish I had waited to get married (I was 24) and done more things - travel and career - first. But back then, all my friends were already married, and I thought I needed to be too.

I was lucky my second was a boy....I don't think I would have been willing to be pregnant another time.

My mom had me at 29, and I always thought that was a good age to start (though she had my sis at 26).

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

a great reply.

aren't you a milnet person?

(not that it matters)

Offline debk

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
a great reply.

aren't you a milnet person?

(not that it matters)

Yes...I've been there pretty much from the beginning and I'm a mod over there.

Why?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »
Kids got me some old school CD's   [Styx and The Cars]  Wife got me a pair of Woolrich slippers and a Kentucky Rifle kit.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
2nd Christmas (opened presents with just my mom)

3 sets of pajamas/nighties
a bunch of cookware for the kitchen (I just need one of those KitchenAid mixers now  :uhsure: )
this funny little monkey lamp (looks like a butler holding a light in each hand...my sister will HATE it, so its perfect.  :evillaugh: She hates monkeys, for some reason we never could figure out.  :lmao: )
Reed defuser (I can't have candles in my apartment, so this is the next best thing)
a cute little wooden beaded bracelet and earrings
more clothes
fuzzy fleece blanket (curled up in that last night...) with a matching fleece sheep stuffed animal
$100 cash

Oh, and my new check card is finally here...  :-) 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
2nd Christmas (opened presents with just my mom)

3 sets of pajamas/nighties
a bunch of cookware for the kitchen (I just need one of those KitchenAid mixers now  :uhsure: )
this funny little monkey lamp (looks like a butler holding a light in each hand...my sister will HATE it, so its perfect.  :evillaugh: She hates monkeys, for some reason we never could figure out.  :lmao: )
Reed defuser (I can't have candles in my apartment, so this is the next best thing)
a cute little wooden beaded bracelet and earrings
more clothes
fuzzy fleece blanket (curled up in that last night...) with a matching fleece sheep stuffed animal
$100 cash

Oh, and my new check card is finally here...  :-) 

You should look into the Scentsy thingy.  My boss gave us all one a couple of years ago, and I love it. Scentsy
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2008, 01:38:10 PM »

You should look into the Scentsy thingy.  My boss gave us all one a couple of years ago, and I love it. Scentsy

Oh, that looks nice.  I'll look into those.  :)   I hate not being able to use candles.  All I use are the Glade plug-in warmers (ocean scent) and they don't last long, nor is the scent strong enough. :(

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »
Oh, that looks nice.  I'll look into those.  :)   I hate not being able to use candles.  All I use are the Glade plug-in warmers (ocean scent) and they don't last long, nor is the scent strong enough. :(

What the hell are you trying to cover up with scents?!?!?!?? Dead fish ?!?!?!?!

:bolt:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »
Sounds like everyone had a great holiday!! We're actually doing our Christmas this weekend when the kiddo returns. I did get my big gift from hubby though. He told me I would need it upon kiddo's return. I got worried until I opened it and discovered it was a really nice video camera! Whoo hoo! Now I have to figure out how to use it. We'll open the rest this weekend and pig out on ham. Yum!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:14 PM »

I got married at 20 and has my first when I was 22.  He will be 20 in March.  :bawl:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 06:56:51 AM »
What the hell are you trying to cover up with scents?!?!?!?? Dead fish ?!?!?!?!

:bolt:

Trust me, the apartment complex I live in doesn't exactly smell good. :(  I've been in several (not just mine, but those of friends as well, and they all have this terrible, musky odor.  They were built a long time ago, and were only remodeled about 4 years ago.