Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 20434 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
Coming over here to my side of the state, huh Tucker? :cheersmate:

Back home.

All my cousins are in NE Tn.

I have to stay pretty close to the VA hospital in Johnson City.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »
Me?  I was born in the wagon of a travelin' show.

So are you a gypsy, tramp or a thief ??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »
So are you a gypsy, tramp or a thief ??

I'm a rebel.  I broke away from my family. 

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »
Cincinnati my whole life, with a brief stint in Colorado back in 2001...and every other part of the country the freight takes me to.
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
Born in Shiner, TX grew up in Cuero, Tx.  I spent 2 year in Germany in the early 80's
and then came back home.  I've lived in Houston since 1986.

As much as I hate Houston, It's still good to be in Texas.   :cheersmate:

Come on now bro, H-town is da bomb.

Everything is bigger here...............including the 'skeeters and 'cockaroaches..........and the boobies
   :naughty:

:-)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »
I missed this thread.

I was born a poor black child (not really) in Rochester, Indiana in 1962.  My dad was the high school football coach there and he delivered me because my mom waited too long to go to the hospital. 

Somewhere in the mid-1960s we moved to Goshen, Indiana where my dad became the high school football coach there.  I grew up there and graduated from high school there where my dad coached but fortunately he had retired by then after realizing that raising five kids on a teacher and coach's salary just wasn't going to cut it and he bought a liquor store - but didn't drink.

I got married for the first time in 1982 and moved to the big city of Elkhart, Indiana and got divorced a few years later.  I then got remarried (and am still married) and moved to Winona Lake, Indiana in 1994.  We then moved to Woodstock, GA (a suburb of Atlanta) when my husband was transferred in 1997 and then in 2001 he was transferred again and we moved to Round Rock, Texas (just north of Austin).  I think we'll be here awhile. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
Come on now bro, H-town is da bomb.

Everything is bigger here...............including the 'skeeters and 'cockaroaches..........and the boobies
   :naughty:

:-)
And the NOLA gang-bangers.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »
Born and raised in California. Still here despite how screwy the people of this state are.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 01:10:07 PM »
I was born in Rock Island, IL.

Lived in Illinois & Iowa for 39 years.

I now live in Nevada an hour from Las Vegas.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 01:11:26 PM »
Born and raised in North Dakota. Have lived in So. Cal and New Mexico, After the Service moved back to ND for a short while then moved to El Paso, Tx. Three and a half yrs later moved to Copperas Cove , Tx (right beside Fort Hood) been here just shy of 20 yrs.

My Dad although born in the USA was 100% Icelandic & My Mother was as she called it heinz 57, a little bit of everything.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
And the NOLA gang-bangers.

exactly.

Thanks a lot New Orleans.

:bird:

BTW, ever notice how the media exaggerates the "failings" of the gubmint during Hurrican Katrina in New Orleans yet completely ignores the resiliency and self-sufficiency of Texans during Hurricane Ike?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2008, 02:09:46 PM »
exactly.

BTW, ever notice how the media exaggerates the "failings" of the gubmint during Hurrican Katrina in New Orleans yet completely ignores the resiliency and self-sufficiency of Texans during Hurricane Ike?

I hope you took a few of those crips out.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »
Where are you from?

I don't have a "home" per se.  I was borne and raised in the Navy.  I don't particularly claim any of the cities we were stationed (Long Beach, San Diego, Alameda, Bremerton) - I was born in Norwalk, CA - because the Navy families are not a part of those communities, in my experience.  Throughout me early school years, the navy kids were ostracized by the local kids; as such the only friends I had longer than 18 months to 2 years were the kids of my dad's shipmates.

Nowadays I consider my home town to be the place where my wife and I have laid down roots - Galt's Gultch, Colorado.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »
exactly.

Same deal with the Iowa floods this past year....I did not see one guy on the news, knee deep in water, carrying a TV he just stole..

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2008, 02:20:53 PM »
Born in Des Moines, IA & raised in the 'burbs.  College & grad school in Texas, Metroplex area.  Resided in Chicago & Evanston, IL for nearly 10 years.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »
Same deal with the Iowa floods this past year....I did not see one guy on the news, knee deep in water, carrying a TV he just stole..

Nor did you see this:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »
Born and raised in Iowa. Still live here. The only other places I have lived are where Uncle Sam sent me. Kentucky.Italy,Korea and New York. Ill take it here anyday.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »
Born and raised in Iowa. Still live here. The only other places I have lived are where Uncle Sam sent me. Kentucky.Italy,Korea and New York. Ill take it here anyday.

Doesn't IOWA stand for "Idiots Out Walking Around" ?? (or is it. "I Owe the World an Apology"...

:bolt:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
Doesn't IOWA stand for "Idiots Out Walking Around" ?? (or is it. "I Owe the World an Apology"...

:bolt:

:hammer:

Living in W Des Moines as a kid was my favorite place I lived.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
I've been to Iowa. I wasn't tempted to stay....   :tongue:

Offline Zeus

« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Only place I've  lived that I was ever glad to be leaving was El Paso. I'm just kidding(somewhat) when I say my favorite spot in Georgia was the little White sign that said 'Welcome to South Carolina".  :tongue:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
Tennessee via New York.  I was four when we moved down here, so don't ask me any questions about Long Island.  :-)

Spent a few years in NC after high school.

I like the tea from Long Island.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »
Any of you traveling through Omaha or Lincoln try a Runza.  YUM

Those are great!!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:03:45 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »

I'm from south Louisiana.  Moved to Mississippi for 11 years now back in north Louisiana.