Author Topic: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread  (Read 30608 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »
fred thompson is pointing out biden's factual errors on foxnews

and Greta Van Sustern talking about how 'electrified' everyone was who were there to see the debate.

Palin did beautifully..

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
Im listening to the Biden/Obama spin - not very much to say.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

I'm sure I'll get an eye-full at work.  The only working TV display on the floor is tuned to CNN Headline News.  The sound is turned off, which makes it a little strange to watch, but the video is enough to convey their message for them.  Repeated (negative) coverage of Tina Fey as Palin on SNL and lots of favorable coverage for the Messiah with a sprinling of John McCain.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

I'm sure I'll get an eye-full at work.  The only working TV display on the floor is tuned to CNN Headline News.  The sound is turned off, which makes it a little strange to watch, but the video is enough to convey their message for them.  Repeated (negative) coverage of Tina Fey as Palin on SNL and lots of favorable coverage for the Messiah with a sprinling of John McCain.

Exactly - nothing to say. So, they are going to the irrelevant to make their point.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »
Oh boy - Mccaskill going on with McCain=Bush and that McCain is Palin's real enemy. Crazy... Crazy for feeling..Like a moonbat..

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »
Someone go to my thread and tell me I'm wrong.
I don't like negativism.  One time a pastor of a church I belonged to told me whatever I fear I make a false god.  So you can have as much fear as you like but I don't want to play along.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »
The Rove approves of Palin. Case closed  :hyper:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »
I found this on FR....LOL

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
I found this on FR....LOL

All I could think of while looking at that picture was this ..

"Debating makes me hungry - I wanna five - five dollar footlong ! "

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »
well, the knob twisters all thought palin won.

ummmmm, does anyone besides me think that Sarah may have been sand bagging in the interviews during the past two weeks?

I don't think so - too dangerous a manuever - I do think that she was getting intense education on Washington that had yet to settle out in her mind - It is extraordinary how much she has learned in so little time.

I also think the media did its best to wreck her. So, IMO, the MSM with its palin hate is its own worst enemy.

I think it was a strategic move on the canpaigns part. Not only to school Palin on the issues but let the media & lefties stir the pot about sarah being just airhead. The pissed off women folk will need a little more than 3 weeks to get over being pissed about them slaming females.

well, if she had been sandbagging, and she was trying to hype up the viewership for the debate so she could clobber him in front of a huge audience, she couldn't have done a better job.

I started wondering this myself yesterday, when a photo shot was released of Palin and someone standing behind podiums out in the grass under trees on McCain's ranch. I thought what a dumb thing to do to show her practicing and then give the media the opportunity to make fun of the surroundings were not "appropriate" for her to "practice a debate, for heaven's sake!"

The expectations were quite low for Palin.

I had Fox on last night and most of the day today and all I heard was she just can't do this. She's not ready to be a "heart beat from the Presidency". And on and on and on.

Honestly....I was getting really depressed. Wondering what's going to happen to the economy, I'm self-employed so is my other half....what's going to happen.

I'm not so depressed now.

Sarah Palin was outstanding tonight. I finally felt like there was someone running for office that knew what "real life" is like for the majority of our fellow citizens.

John McCain is going to keep us safe and make sure our battles are safe.

Sarah Palin is going to work on keeping us in our homes, our jobs and continuing to prosper.

Hell of a combination!!!!
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »
well, the knob twisters all thought palin won.

ummmmm, does anyone besides me think that Sarah may have been sand bagging in the interviews during the past two weeks?

I don't think so - too dangerous a manuever - I do think that she was getting intense education on Washington that had yet to settle out in her mind - It is extraordinary how much she has learned in so little time.

I also think the media did its best to wreck her. So, IMO, the MSM with its palin hate is its own worst enemy.

I think it was a strategic move on the canpaigns part. Not only to school Palin on the issues but let the media & lefties stir the pot about sarah being just airhead. The pissed off women folk will need a little more than 3 weeks to get over being pissed about them slaming females.

well, if she had been sandbagging, and she was trying to hype up the viewership for the debate so she could clobber him in front of a huge audience, she couldn't have done a better job.

I started wondering this myself yesterday, when a photo shot was released of Palin and someone standing behind podiums out in the grass under trees on McCain's ranch. I thought what a dumb thing to do to show her practicing and then give the media the opportunity to make fun of the surroundings were not "appropriate" for her to "practice a debate, for heaven's sake!"

The expectations were quite low for Palin.

I had Fox on last night and most of the day today and all I heard was she just can't do this. She's not ready to be a "heart beat from the Presidency". And on and on and on.

Honestly....I was getting really depressed. Wondering what's going to happen to the economy, I'm self-employed so is my other half....what's going to happen.

I'm not so depressed now.

Sarah Palin was outstanding tonight. I finally felt like there was someone running for office that knew what "real life" is like for the majority of our fellow citizens.

John McCain is going to keep us safe and make sure our battles are safe.

Sarah Palin is going to work on keeping us in our homes, our jobs and continuing to prosper.

Hell of a combination!!!!

and hopefully keep pelosi and reid from creating the USSA.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
The seventh seal has just been broken. Dick Morris just handed Colmes his ass.   :popcorn:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
The seventh seal has just been broken. Dick Morris just handed Colmes his ass.   :popcorn:

Morris was pissed!!!!

Did you notice the lady Dem prior to Morris would not answer Hannity's question? Kept saying it wasn't important that Obama said the troops were aerating Iraqi villages. :thatsright:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »

the fact that she did so well tonight, as opposed to those awkward interviews, and her closing comments about enjoying talking directly to the american people "without being filtered by the mainstream media" could open a potentially effective line of attack on the campaign.  and it's a valid question, how could she have looked so awful when edited by the MSM, and so good when she is talking directly to the voters?  the obvious answer is 'because the MSM is in the tank for obama".

Offline jendf

« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

the fact that she did so well tonight, as opposed to those awkward interviews, and her closing comments about enjoying talking directly to the american people "without being filtered by the mainstream media" could open a potentially effective line of attack on the campaign.  and it's a valid question, how could she have looked so awful when edited by the MSM, and so good when she is talking directly to the voters?  the obvious answer is 'because the MSM is in the tank for obama".

I cheered when she did that. That's the kind of fight McCain needs to bring with him to his debates.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »

totally agreed - Palin unfiltered is great. Palin edited sucks. the distinction is clear to everyone who is willing to open their eyes. We all know that tomorrow the media will declare Biden the winner (save for FOX) because of the ridiculous way they slant their focus groups. But thankfully they are now devoid of clips to play that support that thesis. Hopefully enough of the independents will respond positively.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
We all know that tomorrow the media will declare Biden the winner (save for FOX) because of the ridiculous way they slant their focus groups. But thankfully they are now devoid of clips to play that support that thesis.

They've already started. ABC Radio's news has O'Biden "winning" by replaying his assertion that Palin was wong on some issue, followed by a statistic pulled from Joe's nether-regions.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »

the MSM is in full spin mode.  again.

Poll: Biden wins debate, Palin exceeds expectations
(CNN) – A national poll of people who watched the vice presidential debate suggests that Democratic Sen. Joe Biden won but also hints that Republican Gov. Sarah Palin exceeded expectations.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey is not a measurement of the views of all Americans, since only people who watched the debate were questioned.

Fifty-one percent of those polled thought Biden did the best job in Thursday night's debate, while 36 percent thought Palin did the best job.

But respondents said the folksy Palin was more likable, scoring 54 percent to Biden's 36 percent.

Both candidates exceeded expectations — 84 percent of the people polled said Palin did a better job than they expected, while 64 percent said Biden also exceeded expectations.

But on the question of the candidates' qualifications to assume the presidency, 87 percent of the people polled said Biden is qualified while only 42 percent said Palin is qualified.

more

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »
We all know that tomorrow the media will declare Biden the winner (save for FOX) because of the ridiculous way they slant their focus groups. But thankfully they are now devoid of clips to play that support that thesis.

They've already started. ABC Radio's news has O'Biden "winning" by replaying his assertion that Palin was wong on some issue, followed by a statistic pulled from Joe's nether-regions.

we'll see if she punched through with people that don't work in washington, DC or new york.  I strongly suspect that she did.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:45 PM »
It's an Orwellian world now, double-speak. ^

Wonder if they've realized NOW that they're not going to be able to get her off this ticket?

Yes, I saw that - he really didn't like it when Colmes kept interrupting him, which is all he's been doing lately anyways. Whenever there's another liberal on H & C, they then just parrot the DNC talking points to each other.

Morris was still pissed when it was Hannity's turn, but Hannity just laughed about it. The whole episode was rather fun, as it was earlier when BoR lost it with Barney.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »
JOE BIDEN’S 14 LIES TONIGHT

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

http://ace.mu.nu/
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »
If I didn't know better, I would swear that I saw a few throbbing blood vessels on Biden's forehead.

He'd probably do a good William Shatner impression.

"IIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMM Captainnnnnnnnnnn Kiiirrrrrrrkkkkkk

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »
OK, Schadie, here's your chance at retribution....   :-)

I'm old enough to remember income averaging and a tax credit for interest paid on credit cards during Reagan's regime, among other things.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2008, 11:44:58 PM »
Playing the Reagan card--very smart!!!  And all Joe can come back with his "35 years in the Senate".

Joe, you're not telling us anything new.  What you ARE telling us is that you're part of the entrenched problem that got us to this point in the first place!!!!

What he's saying is this. 35 years in the Senate and I have nothing to show for it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2008, 11:49:04 PM »
The primitives are DUing the poll on Drudge now; Sarah down one, Joe up one in the past half hour.

Sarah Palin 71%
Old Joe 27%
apres moi, le deluge