Author Topic: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread  (Read 30613 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Palin/Biden Vice Presidential Debate @ 9PM Eastern -- Preview/Live thread
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
oh, God.  frank luntz and his knob twisting idiots.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
Focus group on Fox - Palin Wins!

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »
rachel maddow says palin didn't meet expectations in terms of "personality and poise". :whatever:

Expected from maddow. No big deal.

Maddow wouldn't know personality and poise if it punched her in the mouth.  She dresses like the construction worker from the Village People.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
rachel maddow says palin didn't meet expectations in terms of "personality and poise". :whatever:

maddow was throwing up a little in her mouth when she said it. :-)

a gay woman who looks like a dude doesnt really have the perspective to talk about personality and poise.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »
Palin went Reagan! She spoke above the media and too the American people. I hoped I saw this early but I did have doubts. (shame on me) Free her McCain! send her out to everyone everywhere to speak.

She speaks for me!

To those who would say that we need leaders "smarter than ourselves", I say, It is a universal tenet of Democracy that no one is!

(I stole much of that last line from P,J. O'rourke.  :-) )

I think McCain must have bad advisors. The way they hid her from the media, only to have her be exposed to Charlie (I'm not as handsome as Mel) Gibson and Katie (I have a bowling ball up my azz) Couric..... They should have had her on every local tv station in middle america doing interviews, talking with the people, etc.

McCain is a media snob.... how he thought she could get fair treatment from Charlie and Katie.... Balderdash!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2008, 09:45:06 PM »
well, the knob twisters all thought palin won.

ummmmm, does anyone besides me think that Sarah may have been sand bagging in the interviews during the past two weeks?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »

maddow was throwing up a little in her mouth when she said it. :-)

a gay woman who looks like a dude doesnt really have the perspective to talk about personality and poise.

maddow DID have to admit that palin met expectations in terms of policy knowledge and overall performance.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2008, 09:46:32 PM »
This is the Palin I wanted to see...she did great.  One observation is that she had passion and she also spoke TO american people and not AT them, like Biden...

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »

a gay woman who looks like a dude...

Did you go to the school of redundancy school?
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
Palin went Reagan! She spoke above the media and too the American people. I hoped I saw this early but I did have doubts. (shame on me) Free her McCain! send her out to everyone everywhere to speak.

She speaks for me!

To those who would say that we need leaders "smarter than ourselves", I say, It is a universal tenet of Democracy that no one is!

I think McCain must have bad advisors. The way they hid her from the media, only to have her be exposed to Charlie (I'm not as handsome as Mel) Gibson and Katie (I have a bowling ball up my azz) Couric..... They should have had her on every local tv station in middle america doing interviews, talking with the people, etc.

McCain is a media snob.... how he thought she could get fair treatment from Charlie and Katie.... Balderdash!
McCainez is indeed a moron when it comes to his Media Aptitude but so is the GOP leadership that pushed him on us.  They all thought he would get a cake walk though Media Alley.

Let Sarah be Sarah.  We don't want Sarah McClone.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #285 on: October 02, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

Limbaugh brought this out today.  He thinks the McCain camp is worried about overexposure.  "The time to bring her out is in the last two weeks of the election."
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »

She speaks for me!

agreed! i think McCain and Palin need to fire all their "handlers" and just talk. McCain at first said he didnt want the bailout, then he immediately went against his better judgement.

i want them to speak their minds, without being so edited.. and Palin looked just fine up there. Joe keeps touching her a lot afterwards though... weirdo.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #287 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Someone go to my thread and tell me I'm wrong.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:32 PM »

She speaks for me!

agreed! i think McCain and Palin need to fire all their "handlers" and just talk. McCain at first said he didnt want the bailout, then he immediately went against his better judgement.

i want them to speak their minds, without being so edited.. and Palin looked just fine up there. Joe keeps touching her a lot afterwards though... weirdo.

I also never realized how much biden looks like spock's father until tonight.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:38 PM »

ummmmm, does anyone besides me think that Sarah may have been sand bagging in the interviews during the past two weeks?

I don't think so - too dangerous a manuever - I do think that she was getting intense education on Washington that had yet to settle out in her mind - It is extraordinary how much she has learned in so little time.

I also think the media did its best to wreck her. So, IMO, the MSM with its palin hate is its own worst enemy.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »

honestly, nah... i think she just isnt used to the snotty liberal media playing the 'gotcha' game. she isnt used to that.

and it shows and it works for her.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »

:rofl:  Sorry, I'll try harder next time.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
the dump came back up  . . . 10 minutes after the debate was over . . .

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »
The focus group results were very interesting.   She won this hands down.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »

He is a media snob and I'm ashamed that I did not trust my first thoughts about her and had my doubts.

Maybe this was part of the "get momentom late thinking" you mentioned before. Still, even if it was, McCain did underestimate her as much as his "old media" friends. If this is Palin unplugged, McCain never need have lost momentom in the first place.

:-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »

:rofl:  Sorry, I'll try harder next time.
You're a real pal.

@#$%er!

:cheersmate:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »
fred thompson is pointing out biden's factual errors on foxnews

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »
the dump came back up  . . . 10 minutes after the debate was over . . .

Ive been reading the Dump -- full-on meltdown going on, followed by them DUing every poll they can find.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »

I don't think so - too dangerous a manuever - I do think that she was getting intense education on Washington that had yet to settle out in her mind - It is extraordinary how much she has learned in so little time.

I also think the media did its best to wreck her. So, IMO, the MSM with its palin hate is its own worst enemy.

I think it was a strategic move on the canpaigns part. Not only to school Palin on the issues but let the media & lefties stir the pot about sarah being just airhead. The pissed off women folk will need a little more than 3 weeks to get over being pissed about them slaming females.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »

I think it was a strategic move on the canpaigns part. Not only to school Palin on the issues but let the media & lefties stir the pot about sarah being just airhead. The pissed off women folk will need a little more than 3 weeks to get over being pissed about them slaming females.

well, if she had been sandbagging, and she was trying to hype up the viewership for the debate so she could clobber him in front of a huge audience, she couldn't have done a better job.