Author Topic: Why I think Trump is a RINO.  (Read 830 times)

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
Why I think Trump is a RINO.
« on: June 17, 2023, 02:05:45 PM »
Why I think Trump is a RINO.

Chicago is supposed to be a city where a woman can succeed at the upper levels.  Good on them and all that, but suppose Trump wants to maintain a strong presence here in order to take advantage of ambition?  (Are they all completely scrupulous?  Maybe, but maybe not.)

Suppose he intends to throw ambitious women some insider information to help them get ahead despite the fact that it may crush a worthy competitor’s career.  (no, not me, I am speculating here.)

In addition to the obvious, he may want power.  Suppose a power hungry dictator facilitated half the country running honestly like it should, so the country would work and be solvent.  But, suppose the dictator wanted the other half to be dependent on the support of a powerful patron so he could control them by threatening to withdraw his support.

He has built a tower here in order to make friends here.  In my utterly baseless opinion, it is possible he could hypothetically from time to time intervene in the schooling of young men in the various communities he is powerful, in order to trap them here ruined so they could serve as a source of intelligence and manly energy to the women without daring to use those things to promote their own success.  That’s not how republics should treat people. 

DT had been trying to get nominated for a presidential run since 1988.  Suppose he flirted around with being an independent and a Republican in order to get the Dems to nominate him?  He was at one time at least somewhat liberal and Hillary apparently attended one of his weddings.  When he got snubbed and perhaps laughed at, he may have hired a consultant to find out what you people want to see and made a deal you liked.  It only cost a few billion of taxpayer money to build a few miles of wall which went nowhere.  Would he be trying so hard to be offensive if he really wanted a wall?  What good is a wall if no one supports it and there is no funding for guards?  It will be hauled away at night for scrap.

You may say, “nonsense, he’s like me, he wants to make money.”  But consider a few things.  First, illegal labor is a great benefit to a real estate developer.  Second, can it be he just wants power because then he will be powerful enough to transcend political parties?  He’d probably like you under his thumb.

Can it be the DNC did not bribe the Capitol Police to let the rioters in?  Can it be someone else bribed them?  It took him kind of long to offer an effective response to the rioters. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 02:22:08 PM by JustSomeModerate »

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: Why I think Trump is a RINO.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 11:15:41 AM »
Someone needs to acquaint themselves with the concept and existence of the uniparty, then recalculate.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 11:54:09 AM »
Someone needs to acquaint themselves with the concept and existence of the uniparty, then recalculate.

Someone needs to go **** themselves... and it isn't you.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 01:08:14 PM »
Did it occur to you that you might be staring at the Uniparty and not know it? 

Suppose my hypothesis is correct and he is just giving you the deal which will get him elected, then spending a few billion on a few thousand feet of wall, blowing peoples' patience for it and using up its support.

Just like Obama (but in reverse,) who spent a few billion on redistributionism, but basically gave the country a healthcare law which most people have to pay for. 

I vaguely recall some local powerful rich man who may have been him coming in to visit our grade school in the deep South in the late 1970s.  He pressured me to go into medicine. 

IIRC worries about the cost of schooling and my academic performance led me to choose STEM. 

One time, not long after, he came in for another visit and asked me to leave class.  I had missed important things before when the teacher asked me to leave and thought it was time to make a moral stand and stay.  Then he said he was powerful enough that it didn't matter what I heard.  He outlined a plan for my fellow students to marginalize me unless I went in to rock & roll.  He stated some people just have too much and they should not be allowed to take up so much room. 

Basically he had learned what the people of the deep South want and he was pandering to it.  When they marginalize someone into rock music, they replace him or her, and they are able to use his or her intelligence to increase their knowledge of style and relationships and so on, instead of having to compete against them for a job. 

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 03:08:11 PM »
Welp...

I'm not EVEN a RINO.

Not a party member.

I don't care how dedicated to The Party a person is.

I care about "Record" first and "Stated Policy Preferences" second.

In 2016 I liked Cruz' record, and distrusted Trump's stated policy preferences.

Trump won the Primary,

So I preferred even the doubtful Trump policy statements over Hillary's.

In 2020, I voted on Trump's record.

Now we have Trump's record as President, DeSantis record as Governor, and the remarkably similar if not cookie-cutter policy preferences-- on issues I care about.

I don't care who had pictures taken with (or had dinner with, or complimented) whom.  I really don't.

In the Primary, it's going to be Trump's record as President, because it's Trump's record as President, which is similar but different to being a Governor.

In the General... I think you can guess.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 03:10:44 PM by ExGeeEye »
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 09:44:34 PM »
Welp...

I'm not EVEN a RINO.

Not a party member.

I don't care how dedicated to The Party a person is.

I care about "Record" first and "Stated Policy Preferences" second.

In 2016 I liked Cruz' record, and distrusted Trump's stated policy preferences.

Trump won the Primary,

So I preferred even the doubtful Trump policy statements over Hillary's.

Now we have Trump's record as President, DeSantis record as Governor, and the remarkably similar if not cookie-cutter policy preferences-- on issues I care about.

I don't care who had pictures taken with (or had dinner with, or complimented) whom.  I really don't.

In the Primary, it's going to be Trump's record as President, because it's Trump's record as President, which is similar but different to being a Governor.

In the General... I think you can guess.

Ditto to all the above. ExGeeEye captures my POV pretty much perfectly.

One tiny little thing, though, that's worthy of mentioning. DeSantis put together a very respectable and ass-kicking record as governor of Florida. No doubt about that. But he had a largely supportive state legislature to bolster his agenda and move it forward to completion.

It can be argued that Trump had the same sort of support from 2016-2018 since he had the Executive branch and both Houses of Congress. But that would largely be in error since the GOPe was in full swing, along with the Deep State, to torpedo everything or almost everything he wanted to do. And still he managed to move toward oil independence, foreign policy victories in the ME, and cutting the illegal problem down to something approximating manageability. That is not to be sneered at, especially regarding keeping the scum Merrick Garland out of SCOTUS, even with the Murder Turtle's hatred of Trump.

Trump's biggest failure is his inability to put together his team that supports him. Perhaps they start out that way and Trump's style turns them off -- that would appear to be the case with Mattis and Kelly and McMaster, with probably a few others. Trump just can't get out of the way, except when it came to Fauci -- his biggest failure by far.

If DeSantis wins the nomination and the election (gotta work around the expected thievery from the Dems and the media on that), he will NOT have the support of Congress. Too many GOPe and RINOs in the mix, so DeSantis won't have nearly as comfortable of a ride as he has had in Florida.

All the same, this primary race is gonna be very interesting.

Oh, the Uniparty. Yeah, that's a thing. The bastards, save possibly some of those in the Freedom Caucus, are all butt buddies. Just ask the Murder Turtle, if you can get him to come out from underneath his shell.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 04:28:34 AM »
Did it occur to you that you might be staring at the Uniparty and not know it? 

Yeah, when I read your post, it did. You could easily be a uniparty stooge.

Suppose my hypothesis is correct and he is just giving you the deal which will get him elected, then spending a few billion on a few thousand feet of wall, blowing peoples' patience for it and using up its support.

That would be like 'supposing' that I didn't see the sun in the sky today. What you're forgetting, ignoring, or simply ignorant of, is the MAGA economics that  went along with things like the wall, deportations, and America First policies. If those things are unseeable to you, or unimportant to you, then you are sadly, not significant enough intellectually to belong in a discussion of public policy via good leaders or bad, let alone spewing nonsense within one.

Just like Obama (but in reverse,) who spent a few billion on redistributionism, but basically gave the country a healthcare law which most people have to pay for. 

Don't even say his name in a discussion about Trump, it soils the atmosphere. King shit-midas did nothing but make things worse for America. Trump made things better in numerous ways.

I vaguely recall some local powerful rich man who may have been him coming in to visit our grade school in the deep South in the late 1970s.  He pressured me to go into medicine.

Blubbity blub.

IIRC worries about the cost of schooling and my academic performance led me to choose STEM. 

Blubbitty blubitty blub.

One time, not long after, he came in for another visit and asked me to leave class.  I had missed important things before when the teacher asked me to leave and thought it was time to make a moral stand and stay.  Then he said he was powerful enough that it didn't matter what I heard.  He outlined a plan for my fellow students to marginalize me unless I went in to rock & roll.  He stated some people just have too much and they should not be allowed to take up so much room. 

You shouldn't have taken the brown acid.

Basically he had learned what the people of the deep South want and he was pandering to it.  When they marginalize someone into rock music, they replace him or her, and they are able to use his or her intelligence to increase their knowledge of style and relationships and so on, instead of having to compete against them for a job.

I'd call you an idiot but I don't want to insult real idiots at large.

If you're a real poster and not a DU troll, I suggest you go to theconservativetreehouse.com and learn some things before you continue to make yourself look the fool along with drawing the ire of people who know better than you do and have the knowledge and the receipts to back it up.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 05:36:34 AM »
I am not against conservative economics.  I don't want to look at your fan site.

Consider bearing in mind that the effect of the president's policies on the national economy is a well-studied issue and anyone who could pick a competent cabinet could plug in a well-studied conservative solution.   

Suppose hypothetically that the banks put him up to it in exchange for debt forgiveness? I have no evidence of course, but look at this: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-287m-loans-did-not-233435951.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMkySHLPK-wIJ_nWdI1Hu1tdk1QPK7K1Emi0RDWDkiKDAMFgC-kpI4u1YeHc8yHyfwZn5gxKkVwAgdcoj47-Q0RtJEDGjsyAsWd_osNzFCMt9oFfxVyG-cRrMUHluCFjR3NkB_5Ctm4pZ_cBnjrrJLaGwtaXJbNR3XbyER9RPAyL

Also recall Trump's been bankrupt 6 times and some banks won't loan to him any more.  Also consider when Clinton balanced the budget and Obama ended the recession, you were probably saying "it was the revenue from the e-commerce bubble" or "recessions are cyclical regardless of government intervention."  Yet now you want to give all credit to Trump. 

How do you answer the charge that a wall is no good if they have no staff?  Trump built a few miles of wall but destroyed support for manning it.  Without staff it will be hauled away for scrap.

Can it be some of you like the notion of building a pipeline to replace competitive outsiders from the South?  I ignorantly assumed at the time that Trump was kind to the Charlottesville protesters because he preferred freedom to things like making companies hire candidates based on race, but now it looks like he may just be pandering to fascism. 

Since the people coming over the border recently are fleeing poverty, it is likely some of them will be fascist.  Never mind that a real estate magnate could use cheap labor.  Can it be the plan was to blow support for the wall and then use Confederate and Latin American ethnofascism to become some sort of dictator?  Can it be Trump instructed the Capitol Police to not resist entry on Jan. 6?  He was their boss after all.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2023, 11:55:01 AM »
I am not against conservative economics.  I don't want to look at your fan site.

Consider bearing in mind that the effect of the president's policies on the national economy is a well-studied issue and anyone who could pick a competent cabinet could plug in a well-studied conservative solution.   

Suppose hypothetically that the banks put him up to it in exchange for debt forgiveness? I have no evidence of course, but look at this: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-287m-loans-did-not-233435951.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMkySHLPK-wIJ_nWdI1Hu1tdk1QPK7K1Emi0RDWDkiKDAMFgC-kpI4u1YeHc8yHyfwZn5gxKkVwAgdcoj47-Q0RtJEDGjsyAsWd_osNzFCMt9oFfxVyG-cRrMUHluCFjR3NkB_5Ctm4pZ_cBnjrrJLaGwtaXJbNR3XbyER9RPAyL

Also recall Trump's been bankrupt 6 times and some banks won't loan to him any more.  Also consider when Clinton balanced the budget and Obama ended the recession, you were probably saying "it was the revenue from the e-commerce bubble" or "recessions are cyclical regardless of government intervention."  Yet now you want to give all credit to Trump. 

How do you answer the charge that a wall is no good if they have no staff?  Trump built a few miles of wall but destroyed support for manning it.  Without staff it will be hauled away for scrap.

Can it be some of you like the notion of building a pipeline to replace competitive outsiders from the South?  I ignorantly assumed at the time that Trump was kind to the Charlottesville protesters because he preferred freedom to things like making companies hire candidates based on race, but now it looks like he may just be pandering to fascism. 

Since the people coming over the border recently are fleeing poverty, it is likely some of them will be fascist.  Never mind that a real estate magnate could use cheap labor.  Can it be the plan was to blow support for the wall and then use Confederate and Latin American ethnofascism to become some sort of dictator?  Can it be Trump instructed the Capitol Police to not resist entry on Jan. 6?  He was their boss after all.

It isn't a 'fan site', it's a place that has the receipts. The receipts are what you don't want to look at, because you're invested in what you believe, and afraid of the truth. In other words, you're an idealogue.

Beyond that, lets just cut the crap.

You aren't invisible. What you're doing isn't invisible, however it IS quite transparent. You're just like so many before you, who arrogantly think you've come up with something new.

You haven't.

Your capitol police example, for instance. Nevermind that pelosi and the dems denied extra security. Nooo, you wont talk about that, you'll try to spin blame on Trump. You're someone who has the purported answers already swirling around in your head, and you're trying desperately to backfill the math in an effort to support them, and it shows.

Go back to DU, clownshoes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:00:44 PM by CollectivismMustDie »

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 04:27:35 PM »
It isn't a 'fan site', it's a place that has the receipts. The receipts are what you don't want to look at, because you're invested in what you believe, and afraid of the truth. In other words, you're an idealogue.
That's one, big, kinda loud misdirect.

What about these receipts from my article?
Trump’s $287M loans that he did not pay were forgiven

President Donald Trump’s federal income taxes have revealed that Deutsche Bank and other lenders have forgiven about $287 million in debt that he did not pay for the first time since 2010. The New York Times obtained the documents that confirmed it.
Besides all that, so they have the receipts.  So what? 

I bet someone out there has the receipts from when Clinton balanced the budget and Obama ended the recession. 

I bet you were quick to remind everyone that the e-commerce bubble added a lot of revenue to the Clinton era federal budget.  I bet you were quick to remind people recessions are historically cyclical regardless of whether or not the government intervenes. 

Now all of a sudden you play like you're naive enough to think it was all the President's doing? 

How do you answer the charge that the national economy is well studied and anyone who can hire a competent cabinet could plug in conservative solutions?

Would you mind telling us what the wall is good for if the guy in charge makes no effort to sell the idea to the people and even undermines himself with nastiness and an ambiguous response to racism and fascism?

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 07:42:48 PM »
That's one, big, kinda loud misdirect.

Incorrect. you just see it as one. There is a difference.

What about these receipts from my article?

Mere speculation based on obvious ideological bent.

Besides all that, so they have the receipts.  So what?

If you don't care what is in fact true and what is not in fact true, why are you bothering at all? Why then, are you here?

I bet someone out there has the receipts from when Clinton balanced the budget and Obama ended the recession. 

You don't understand, apparently, the difference between empirical truth and fact, and blatant spin. That's a YOU problem, not an everyone else problem.

I bet you were quick to remind everyone that the e-commerce bubble added a lot of revenue to the Clinton era federal budget.  I bet you were quick to remind people recessions are historically cyclical regardless of whether or not the government intervenes. 

How much would you like to bet on that, and are you able to pay when you lose?

Now all of a sudden you play like you're naive enough to think it was all the President's doing? 

The wrong tree. You're barking up it.

How do you answer the charge that the national economy is well studied and anyone who can hire a competent cabinet could plug in conservative solutions?

By pointing out that there is a world of difference between 'could' and WOULD. Furthermore, you say "well studied", and ignore that all those who allegedly 'well studied' it said Trump would crash the economy and tarrifs wouldn't work, and were wrong. DEAD WRONG. We had the barnstorming economy during the Trump years, not because of what he *could do* or *might do*, but because of what he *DID* do, which most so-called conservative politicians (uniparty stooges) did not agree with. Mainstream (read:UNIPARTY) "conservative" governance is no better for you economically than leftist governance, it just takes longer to hurt you.

Would you mind telling us what the wall is good for if the guy in charge makes no effort to sell the idea to the people and even undermines himself with nastiness and an ambiguous response to racism and fascism?

Who is "us"? You don't speak for anyone here, and your views certainly don't represent any maga sized number of people at large. The reason you see no effort to sell the wall, is because you're a lefty and you don't watch Trump speeches or rallys, and you know only what you see in mainstream misleadia chosen soundbytes. You suffer from what almost all leftys suffer from - you are ignorant of what you don't know.

That nastiness you think undermines him, *I* appreciate. So do tens of millions of mainstream Americans. Ambiuous response to racism and fascism? Being nasty back IS the right response. Unless you're a wimp who wants to be represented by a wimp, or you are someone who would prefer conservative types be represented by a wimp. Either way: NO THANKS.

There is a 99.9 percent chance that you're a DUer, and a .1 percent chance that you aren't one but are just as dumb as one. If you're a .1 percenter, like I said: Go educate yourself to reality at the treehouse. Truth will set you free from some very sad misconceptions which you are obviously suffering from. If not, go back to DU.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 07:46:31 PM by CollectivismMustDie »

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2023, 09:05:25 PM »
If you don't care what is in fact true and what is not in fact true, why are you bothering at all? Why then, are you here?

You don't understand, apparently, the difference between empirical truth and fact, and blatant spin. That's a YOU problem, not an everyone else problem.

How much would you like to bet on that, and are you able to pay when you lose?
First tell me what you think I'm saying with those two points.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 12:40:32 AM »
First tell me what you think I'm saying with those two points.

I don't have to tell you what I think you're saying.

I've read every word and I know what you aren't saying.

It's kind of like when someone keeps saying the wrong answer to 2 plus 2.

I already know what the right answer is, and I know that it isn't coming out of your mouth.

Offline JustSomeModerate

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2023, 07:40:11 PM »

Did you consider the possibility that it might have been his request which led the Capitol police to be non-confrontational with demonstrators and even let a few of them in?  Even though he had no legal authority over them.

No proof has arisen yet to my knowledge but it seems like a possibility they should be looking at. 

If there had been provocateurs among the protesters, they could have riled up the crowd at just the right moment when the doors were unlocked and a few demonstrators had been let in.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:52:08 PM by JustSomeModerate »