Author Topic: live thread for presidential election  (Read 5913 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: live thread for presidential election
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »
I am having considerable problems with this site.  And I've tried Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and Pale Moon.  It just doesn't work, excepting very slowly and clumsily.

Anyway.

I was parked at the New York Times web-site all evening long, and getting depressed because it seemed as if the (R) candidate would come close, but no banana.

I finally gave up and was getting ready to go to bed, when I thought I'd check freerepublic--a site that gave me no problems--first.

Talk about a surprise.   To put it mildly.

The first thing I saw was "TRUMP WINS!" and then below that, TRUMP TAKES WISCONSIN!

The New York Times web-site had given not a clue; the electoral college count was still at 216 (her) and 222 (him) at this same time. 

I went to Drudge to confirm what I'd read on freerepublic. 

My God.

RE : problems - the site is getting hammered, not maliciously (for the most part) mainly because of a massive influx of new visitors. There are safeguards in place from keeping it from flying off the rails, the unfortunate effect is slow response for the time while its under stress.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2016, 11:51:52 PM »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:16 AM »
RE : problems - the site is getting hammered, not maliciously (for the most part) mainly because of a massive influx of new visitors. There are safeguards in place from keeping it from flying off the rails, the unfortunate effect is slow response for the time while its under stress.

I figured it was something like that; increased traffic.

<<<missed interacting with everybody tonight.

I swear, the New York Times must've been deliberately lagging in reporting certain results, and hasty in reporting other results.  Whatever made their candidate of choice look good, whatever made the guy they don't like look bad.  I had no idea this was going on, and was getting significantly depressed, as probably the New York Times wanted (R)s to get.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:14 AM »
Trump has a nice lead in Michigan,.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »
Quote from: franksolich on Today at 11:16:50 PM
I am having considerable problems with this site.

Running slow, but working!   :II:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 12:15:16 AM »
Trump has a nice lead in Michigan,.

PA called for teh Donald, .... finally. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: the sparkling old dude expects a shift
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:51 AM »
Well, it's looking like Stinky was pretty wide of the mark on that one.

I'm like, really late to the party.

Did Skins's island get back up while I was gone?  Anybody catch anything there?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: the sparkling old dude expects a shift
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 12:42:45 AM »
Forget it.  I just checked myself, not having thought to do that.

Around 4:30pm on Tuesday November 8, Democratic Underground was hacked, apparently by a supporter of Donald Trump. This person clearly knew what they were doing, and despite our best efforts we have not yet been able to resolve the issues caused by the hack.

We do not believe that any member data has been compromised. And we are confident that donor data has not been compromised because that information is handled by PayPal and never passes through to our servers.  But at this time we are unable to bring our discussion forum online.

The hack was clearly aimed to cause maximum disruption on our busiest night of the year, and we deeply regret that we won't be able to spend election night with our great community of members. We ask for your patience while we continue to work to fix this problem, and while we do not have a time frame we will do our best to get DU back online as soon as possible.

If anyone has any information about the hack, or has knowledge that might help us to fix it, please feel free to contact us: admin@democraticunderground.com

We will be posting updates on Facebook and Twitter.

We are deeply disappointed that this has happened. But we'll be back.

Skinner, EarlG, and Elad
 DU Administrators
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Re: the sparkling old dude expects a shift
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2016, 12:51:17 AM »
I just went and checked something else.

Other than that one still has to go through that extra door to get onto Manny's message board--it's no effort; one just has to wait three or four seconds while Manny or one of his chicks checks out your browser--it's still there and in good running order.

For those who need a primitive "fix," I suggest this.  Manny's primitives aren't as amusing as Skins's primitives, but in a bind they'll do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 12:54:34 AM »
Looks like it's a done deal, the next few years are going to be interesting.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2016, 12:57:59 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/09/van-jones-emotional-election-results-sot.cnn
Emotional Van Jones: How do I explain this to my children?
CNN political commentator Van Jones gets emotional during a panel discussion of a possible Donald Trump presidential upset.
Source: CNN

Video at link. This is the Van Jones that was way to communist to get into the Obama administration

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:57 AM »

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:31 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/09/van-jones-emotional-election-results-sot.cnn
Emotional Van Jones: How do I explain this to my children?
CNN political commentator Van Jones gets emotional during a panel discussion of a possible Donald Trump presidential upset.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 01:02:19 AM »
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:10 AM »
No matter what happens in the next few years we just witnessed history. An outsider came into a party and beat out 16 career politicians then went on to beat a politician who has been aspiring to be President for at least the past 20 years.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Democratic Party machine (among others) threw everything they had at Trump, and he beat the odds. Even if you despise the man, you have to acknowledge that.

I've been waiting to use this, because I abide by the philosophy that there'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done, but I've got three words for ya...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsS_VMzY10I[/youtube]

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2016, 01:56:49 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, your next President of the United States...Donald J Trump!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:33 AM »
I have no desire to be conciliatory DUmbasses,if and when skins brings your putrid site back on line I will revel in your misery.
You are the enemy of all that is honorable and American and you,by the grace of God have been beaten back.

Welcome to President Trump,AG Guiliani,a GOP Congress and a young and energetic replacement to Justice Scalia.

:yahoo: :nelson:

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2016, 04:00:01 AM »
Hoo boy, I can't even imagine what kinds of ranting and tantrums the DUmmies will treat us to over the next few days, after the Democratic Party got such a complete and thorough beat- down. TMN will be hopping mad, undergroundpanther will be coughing up hairballs, and Pitt will likely spend the next several days sitting in a corner of his apartment in his underwear, sobbing uncontrollably and going through one bottle of Jack Daniels after another.
We will likely see one thread after another with them either shrieking about "Voter fraud," ranting about how America's an evil nation of brainless racist hillbillies, or promising to move to Canada without ever following through.
White House security better keep an eye on things in January, I could see Moo- Chelle following Hillary's example from January 2001 and trying to make off with everything in the White House that isn't bolted down.
However, I hereby make a promise:
While I may occasionally make light of the DUmmies' misery over the next couple months, I will not be anywhere near as bad of a winner as the DUmmies were in November- December 2008. I recall a DU thread in I believe December of 2008 in which a DUmmy said something like "Why can't Bush just get out of Barack's house already?" You won't see anything like that from me, I promise you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:16:09 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline Delmar

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:49 AM »
Still no concession speech from Hillary.  Not going to bow out gracefully?  People have been working tirelessly for her for months and they just get sent home without a speech, just get dismissed by Podesta.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2016, 04:51:10 AM »
http://heatst.com/politics/canadas-immigration-site-crashes-as-liberals-panic/
Canada’s Immigration Site Crashes as Liberals Panic

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :rotf:
Yeah.  Saw that.   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That's what I remember hearing as I went to sleep last night, with a BIG SMILE ON MY FACE!!!!   :yahoo:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:54:01 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2016, 04:55:54 AM »
Hoo boy, I can't even imagine what kinds of ranting and tantrums the DUmmies will treat us to over the next few days, after the Democratic Party got such a complete and thorough beat- down. TMN will be hopping mad, undergroundpanther will be coughing up hairballs, and Pitt will likely spend the next several days sitting in a corner of his apartment in his underwear, sobbing uncontrollably and going through one bottle of Jack Daniels after another.
We will likely see one thread after another with them either shrieking about "Voter fraud," ranting about how America's an evil nation of brainless racist hillbillies, or promising to move to Canada without ever following through.
White House security better keep an eye on things in January, I could see Moo- Chelle following Hillary's example from January 2001 and trying to make off with everything in the White House that isn't bolted down.
However, I hereby make a promise:
While I may occasionally make light of the DUmmies' misery over the next couple months, I will not be anywhere near as bad of a winner as the DUmmies were in November- December 2008. I recall a DU thread in I believe December of 2008 in which a DUmmy said something like "Why can't Bush just get out of Barack's house already?" You won't see anything like that from me, I promise you.

Yeah, ain't life grand!   :cheersmate: :yahoo:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2016, 05:00:49 AM »
The Meltdown is going to be epic. And you can guarantee, that they will convince themselves that Trump won the fraud. - - I mean, how else is it possible that someone goes from no political office ever to the presidency? So comma we can expect to be treated to posts about the Illuminati Vladimir Putin voter fraud hacked election machines Black Magic and so many tears over the next four years.

Offline FaC

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2016, 05:55:27 AM »
I tuned in to MoonBat Radio this morning (SirusXM Progress) and the host was shell shocked and most of his callers were either crying, or just about to cry.

IT WAS GREAT!

(If I didn't have to work for a living I would still be listening)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2016, 06:12:54 AM »
Around 4:30pm on Tuesday November 8, Democratic Underground was hacked, apparently by a supporter of Donald Trump. This person clearly knew what they were doing, and despite our best efforts we have not yet been able to resolve the issues caused by the hack.

We do not believe that any member data has been compromised. And we are confident that donor data has not been compromised because that information is handled by PayPal and never passes through to our servers.  But at this time we are unable to bring our discussion forum online.

The hack was clearly aimed to cause maximum disruption on our busiest night of the year, and we deeply regret that we won't be able to spend election night with our great community of members. We ask for your patience while we continue to work to fix this problem, and while we do not have a time frame we will do our best to get DU back online as soon as possible.

If anyone has any information about the hack, or has knowledge that might help us to fix it, please feel free to contact us: admin@democraticunderground.com

We will be posting updates on Facebook and Twitter.

We are deeply disappointed that this has happened. But we'll be back.

Skinner, EarlG, and Elad
 DU Administrators
Dear DUmmies,

No true Trump supporter last night would want to shut down your board. Why deny ourselves the chance to watch you emotional retards melt down as the returns come in. If anything, $kinner and the others pulled the plug to keep you from embarrassing yourselves further.

PS I almost forgot.  :bird: you guys, Trump won. Suck it.  :tongue:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke