Author Topic: All of my adult life, I've been fortunate enough to live in a BLUE state  (Read 2493 times)

Offline CC27

NurseJackie (10,701 posts)

All of my adult life, I've been fortunate enough to live in a BLUE state or ...

... a VERY BLUE state. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a liberal in a RED STATE.

How do you guys survive? Is it as bad as I imagine?

Are you eager to get the hell outta Dodge?

Do you feel isolated and judged by your neighbors and colleagues?

I wouldn't even visit a red state (I hear many of them are absolutely gorgeous) and it's all I can do to stand flying in/out of DFW on American Airlines.

Or... maybe I just need to lighten up a little bit and not make EVERYTHING in life either RED or BLUE. But still... it's amazing to see how so many stupid people tend to congregate in specific states. (Knowing that they're there, I can't help but to want to avoid them.)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512541162

I live in the burbs of Chicago. Draw your own conclusions  DUmmie. I want out.

Offline landofconfusion80

It's not so bad, the klan meetings keep you socially involved. Heck, going over to a neighboring blue state to piss on the homeless is kind of fun.too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
This is why sane people laugh at you.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Lucinda (23,466 posts)     Mon Oct 24, 2016, 04:06 PM

1. It is moderately embarrassing to admit I have friends and family who support The Orange One

Oddly enough, only one of them posts anything about the election anymore on social media...and it's mostly just anti-Hillary and Obama stuff. There isn't much in person chatter about the election at all. I think they know it's over.

^^^dear old sweet Lu, who got hookworm and then neglected the once-thriving cooking-and-baking forum into the ground.

TheMastersNemesis (5,970 posts)     Mon Oct 24, 2016, 04:10 PM

3. I Grew Up In Spfld, Ill. Downstate Has Always Been Very GOP. Never Learn.

Were it not for Chicago Illinois would be red most likely. They will never learn down state. They are poor [sic] and will remain that way as long as they choose their GOP overlords.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

It's not so bad, the klan meetings keep you socially involved. Heck, going over to a neighboring blue state to piss on the homeless is kind of fun.too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And then there's the 'shine, cain't forgit about that.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline CC27

Were it not for Chicago Illinois would be red most likely. They will never learn down state. They are poor [sic] and will remain that way as long as they choose their GOP overlords.

WTF is he talking about?  GOP overlords? This state has been run by RATS for decades.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
WTF is he talking about?  GOP overlords? This state has been run by RATS for decades.
Occasionally a Republican Governor or U.S. Senator though.  But Mike Madigan and Emanuel or Daley run the state.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
NurseJackie (10,701 posts)

All of my adult life, I've been fortunate enough to live in a BLUE state or ...

... a VERY BLUE state. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a liberal in a RED STATE.

How do you guys survive? Is it as bad as I imagine?

Are you eager to get the hell outta Dodge?

Do you feel isolated and judged by your neighbors and colleagues?

I wouldn't even visit a red state (I hear many of them are absolutely gorgeous) and it's all I can do to stand flying in/out of DFW on American Airlines.

Or... maybe I just need to lighten up a little bit and not make EVERYTHING in life either RED or BLUE. But still... it's amazing to see how so many stupid people tend to congregate in specific states. (Knowing that they're there, I can't help but to want to avoid them.)

TDB (Typical DUmmy Behavior)

Ranting and railing about everything from a position of complete ignorance.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
And then there's the 'shine, cain't forgit about that.

And the incest!

Why waste it on a stranger?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

And the incest!

Why waste it on a stranger?

Hell yeah, tha' Oxy muss be innerferin' with my thinkin'-part to have gone and forgot that!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
I live in the burbs of Chicago. Draw your own conclusions  DUmmie. I want out.

Born downtown and raised in the burbs (Mount Prospect).  It WAS idyllic.  Left at 18.

I will never set foot in Crook f*cking County ever again.

I wouldn't even visit a red state (I hear many of them are absolutely gorgeous)

...and that's the only thing that keeps me in Southern Illinois.  That, and keeping utter filth like you, out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:31:36 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
Occasionally a Republican Governor or U.S. Senator though.  But Mike Madigan and Emanuel or Daley run the state.

Illinois dances to Chicago's tune.

Period.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator

But they have not been gunned down by an Obozo son on a Saturday night to give him his jollies.

Offline Big Dog

Hell yeah, tha' Oxy muss be innerferin' with my thinkin'-part to have gone and forgot that!

That damn Oxy will mess with a fella's incestin', too.

Don't ask me how I know this shit.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
What was the name of the primitive from Illinois who was in financial peril or his taxes were too high or something because his union did him wrong? frank probably remembers.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
What was the name of the primitive from Illinois who was in financial peril or his taxes were too high or something because his union did him wrong? frank probably remembers.

Miserable old and happily departed Don,would have to do a search but think his screen name was a bunch of capital letters beginning with N although I may be confusing him with another primitive from Hawaii that posted garbled gibberish instead of English.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Miserable old and happily departed Don,would have to do a search but think his screen name was a bunch of capital letters beginning with N although I may be confusing him with another primitive from Hawaii that posted garbled gibberish instead of English.
NN0HLI or something similar.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Born downtown and raised in the burbs (Mount Prospect).  It WAS idyllic.  Left at 18.

I will never set foot in Crook f*cking County ever again.

...and that's the only thing that keeps me in Southern Illinois.  That, and keeping utter filth like you, out.
Lived in Chicago proper for 10 years.  Mostly worked in DuPage county and in Evanston though.  If you are in a decent area/neighborhood, Chicago is still a really great city.  Not without multiple problems of course.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
NN0HLI or something similar.

Yeah,that looks right.  :cheersmate:

Offline jukin

And Illinois would not be in top for murder, aggravated assault, home invasion, and other violence.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
Lived in Chicago proper for 10 years.  Mostly worked in DuPage county and in Evanston though.  If you are in a decent area/neighborhood, Chicago is still a really great city.  Not without multiple problems of course.

Chicago was able to hide its ills for a long time. 

By reaming the burbs, of course.  The taxes, up there, are ridiculous.

Heh.....   jackass.  Springfield, huh?  That explains a lot.  No douchebag, "down yonder" in Little Egypt, the population was FDR Democrat, but not New Dealers.  They were Blue Dogs.  VERY Conservative.  You asswipes in Springfield just LOVED that there were still old-time holdovers that would vote Democrat ....

.....because daddy was a Democrat, grandad was Democrat, great grandad was a Democrat, great, great, great.........  blah, blah, blah.............

I heard that enough times to make me as ill as you are insane.  Here's a fun fact for you.  There was still a, dying yet still active, KKK enclave in West Frankfort, in the early 80's.  Guess what they were?  Not Republican, asshole.  That all changed..... care to guess when?

They died out.  Oh, we're GOP now.  Even our Democrats vote, mostly, against the Madigan Junta.  Hell, they're too frightened to put their party affiliation on yard signs.  Democrats have killed the only employment in this area.  Coal mines (we sit on more BTU potential than Saudi Arabia.  Far more.) and medium scale farming.  What little manufacturing there was, was subsequently wiped out by your Chicago cronies.  Regulation and taxation. 

:bigbird: government pouge.  People down here are poor BECAUSE OF YOU and they know it.  You want to take whatever little they acquire to pass on, you are taxing them to death to fund Chicago and you keep jacking property taxes without any commensurate services (which we really don't want, anyway)

:bigbird: I can't possibly say that enough.  We want you to ..... vanish.  Just, go away and leave us alone.

Offline Big Dog

I heard that enough times to make me as ill as you are insane.  Here's a fun fact for you.  There was still a, dying yet still active, KKK enclave in West Frankfort, in the early 80's.  Guess what they were?  Not Republican, asshole.  That all changed..... care to guess when?

-Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Or... maybe I just need to lighten up a little bit and not make EVERYTHING in life either RED or BLUE

And there lies the DUmmies problem. He can see it, he knows it, but he won't change it. That is why he's called a DUmmie

Offline SVPete

I've lived the past 38 years in a blue state. I've watched government decimate agriculture. I've watched government enviro-regs and housing suppression gradually drive my industry, Tech, out of Silicon Valley and CA. CA is a Paradise government has worked hard to make unaffordable for business and people.

Being out-voted by people who think government is the solution to problems rather than the root of problems sucks. I just hope government doesn't kill my career and kill me before I am forced - by my health - to retire ... probably outside of CA.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I've lived the past 38 years in a blue state. I've watched government decimate agriculture. I've watched government enviro-regs and housing suppression gradually drive my industry, Tech, out of Silicon Valley and CA. CA is a Paradise government has worked hard to make unaffordable for business and people.

Being out-voted by people who think government is the solution to problems rather than the root of problems sucks. I just hope government doesn't kill my career and kill me before I am forced - by my health - to retire ... probably outside of CA.

Describes NY too.