Author Topic: All of my adult life, I've been fortunate enough to live in a BLUE state  (Read 2504 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Describes NY too.

Hell, even when we had RINO George Pataki in as Governor, as well.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I've lived the past 38 years in a blue state. I've watched government decimate agriculture. I've watched government enviro-regs and housing suppression gradually drive my industry, Tech, out of Silicon Valley and CA. CA is a Paradise government has worked hard to make unaffordable for business and people.

Being out-voted by people who think government is the solution to problems rather than the root of problems sucks. I just hope government doesn't kill my career and kill me before I am forced - by my health - to retire ... probably outside of CA.
My Presidential votes have never made a difference in the electoral college.

'88 - Dukakis (Tarrant County, TX), Bush #41 won TX
'92 - G.H.W. Bush (Tarrant County, TX), Bush #41 won TX, lost election
'96 - Dole (Polk County, IA), Clinton won IA, Clinton won election
'00 - G.W. Bush (Cook County, IL), Sore/Loserman won IL, Bush #43 won election
'04 - G.W. Bush (Cook County, IL), Kerry/Edwards won IL, Bush #43 won election
'08 - McCain (IA), 0bumbler won the state & election
'12 - Romney (IA), 0bumbler won the state narrowly & election

Of course I'm voting in 2 weeks.  Hopefully this time it will be the overall winner.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Karin

New York State is spending $800,000 of Carl's, Blue State Saint's, and my money to build an LGBTQ monument.  $800,000. 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

That's because the (R) governor was simply window-dressing for the (D) machine.

It's happened for generations; whenever a machine starts to fall into disfavor, it props up someone from the other side (with, or without, the cooperation of that individual) whom the machine "allows" to win, but really, that winner from the other side is powerless to change anything, because the machine is so entrenched.

My God, think of Reagan, who ostensibly changed many things, when in fact he changed very few things--because the establishment, the machine--governmental bureaucracy, academia, media--was still (D).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
New York State is spending $800,000 of Carl's, Blue State Saint's, and my money to build an LGBTQ monument.  $800,000.

While the average property tax bill continues to soar.

Offline SVPete

RINOs compound bad policy/action with betrayal. One word: Ahhhhhhhnold!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
That's because the (R) governor was simply window-dressing for the (D) machine.

It's happened for generations; whenever a machine starts to fall into disfavor, it props up someone from the other side (with, or without, the cooperation of that individual) whom the machine "allows" to win, but really, that winner from the other side is powerless to change anything, because the machine is so entrenched.

My God, think of Reagan, who ostensibly changed many things, when in fact he changed very few things--because the establishment, the machine--governmental bureaucracy, academia, media--was still (D).

Yes.  Happening in Illinois, right now.  They need someone to blame.

'88 - Dukakis (Tarrant County, TX), Bush #41 won TX

:o    :thatsright:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline I_B_Perky

And then there's the 'shine, cain't forgit about that.

I like shine.  Especially blackberry shine.  Oops! Guess I am an old white KKK WV racist like Bobbie Byrd.   :lmao:

And the incest!

Why waste it on a stranger?

What we say 'round these parts is if you can't keep it in your pants, at least keep it in the family.   :tongue:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Yes.  Happening in Illinois, right now.  They need someone to blame.

:o    :thatsright:
Look, I've confessed that before.  Was 18 & stupid!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Boudicca

"Nurse" Jack off, I live in a deep red county in a red state.  Bitch, whatchu gonna DO when the taxpaying givers TOTALLY FLEE your bloo state full of bloodsucking ticktards seeking to extract every last iota of green from their collapsed veins?
Logic isn't on a handshake basis with your brain, is it, dumpshite??  When it becomes abundantly clear the leeches have flocked 550% more to Illinois, how many givers/job creators/taxpayers are gonna luv YOU dregs and drains so fervently they can't bear to leave behind your desperately clutching maws? 
ZERO.  Milk your fellow whiners, bitch cuz the gravy train has pulled out without sharing, so NO SUPPORT.
As for the super stupid opinings of the rabid leftards that red states receive more federal money:  Bitch, please!  Many military and federal civilian retirees head south after a meritorious career of serving their country.  Dare you dispute their claim to the pensions they earned?  Plus, you have a megaton of illegal border invaders sucking up more payments from dipshit federal and state bureaucracies than any like number of NAFTA devastated
group of Trump voters.
Cochise County, AZ kindly requests you confine your depraved Hitlery voting AZZ to your own libtard bottom feeding environs.  No sane person invites stoopid into their home. 
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I like shine.  Especially blackberry shine.  Oops! Guess I am an old white KKK WV racist like Bobbie Byrd.   :lmao:

What we say 'round these parts is if you can't keep it in your pants, at least keep it in the family.   :tongue:

I've been meaning to ask you, how do you get the ash stains and scent of smoke from the weekly cross burnings out of your attire?   :naughty:  :-)

Mine are getting somewhat dingy and "funky", if you know what I mean...   :lol:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.

I'm afraid to ask what it looks like.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.

:cheersmate:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I'm afraid to ask what it looks like.

Let's just say "Erecting a monument" is an especially appropriate turn of phrase...

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline catsmtrods

http://www.lgbtcenters.org/Centers/New-York/436/Hudson-Valley-LGBTQ-Community-Center.aspx

We have this already located in the Stockade smack dab in the footsteps of George Washington!  :censored: :mad:
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"