Author Topic: Trump's Appeal  (Read 4400 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Trump's Appeal
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »
Sadly, the drug-addicted earwig hoaxer hits the nail squarely on the head.

Fri May 6, 2016, 07:46 AM
cali (110,718 posts)

I think much of Trump's appeal is his stupidity.

Stupid people find it a comfortable fit. He's saying what they think. Of course his hateful (stupid) bigotry is another thing that appeals. Hateful bigots find it a comfortable fit.

Yes, Trump is stupid. His language and syntax have long displayed that. Yes, stupid people (of privilege) go to Wharton. Yes, stupid rich people get even richer.

I'm sick of hearing that he's smart or canny. He is not.

And sorry, but there are a lot of stupid people.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027809961

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: Trump's Appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »
People in hell must be getting ice water tonight.  DU is making sense.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
I'm not going to search for it, but last year there was an article saying Trump used words and spoke on a 4th grade level.  But the same article also said that Obama did, too, and Bush did slightly better on a 5th grade level.

Of course, part of the blame lies with the politicians believing that they have to always speak to the least educated.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
People in hell must be getting ice water tonight.  DU is making sense.
I would find that a cause for concern.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027809961

In my opinion, you don't turn $1m into $10b by being stupid. Trump is one smart guy but for this election cycle, he's playing to emotion. That is, take care of the Vets, build the wall, stop muslim immigration UNTIL they can be properly vetted, take care of trade, put people back to work, etc. etc.

Remember, Reagan to derided too, and he turned out ok.

#neverhillary
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 04:08:37 PM »
Sorry, but I am not seeing any bigotry.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 04:20:12 PM »
Trump did one thing politicians never do...
He told the TRUTH about Mexico and illegals. and for that he is called a racist.

Telling the truth that all Americans know is so unusual, he won their hearts.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:19:25 PM »

I'm not sure what is the saddest indictment in your OP:

1.  That you agree with cali.

2.  That someone as "stupid" as Donald Trump was able to outsmart everybody, including the democrat-lite infested GOPe, and be the last man standing.

So, which is it?  1 or 2?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:12 PM »
He told the TRUTH about Mexico and illegals. and for that he is called a racist.

Sadly everything he's said since then has pegged him as the Liberal he is.  But some people aren't smart enough to get past "he's gonna build a YUGE wall"...and they will repeat that right up until the moment he back peddles on that promise too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »

Trump is doing the one thing that Romney, McCain and to a certain extent, Dubya did and that was to not fight back against the criticism. Part of the appeal of Trump is, he's willing to get in the gutter and fight the Democrats and MSM on THEIR terms, and kick their asses doing it. He isn't afraid of a fight.

That's what has the Dems in a quandry. How do they fight someone who is willing to fight back, with disproportionate force? They haven't seen that in 50 years or better.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 05:31:34 PM »
Part of the appeal of Trump is, he's willing to get in the gutter and fight the Democrats and MSM on THEIR terms, and kick their asses doing it. He isn't afraid of a fight.

That's what has the Dems in a quandry. How do they fight someone who is willing to fight back, with disproportionate force?

This is why, even though he wasn't my first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice, I have no problem being enthusiastic about Donald Trump.
apres moi, le deluge

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 05:42:19 PM »
This is why, even though he wasn't my first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice, I have no problem being enthusiastic about Donald Trump.

You and me both franksolich. My motto? "#neverhillary.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 05:55:55 PM »

My guy was the last to bow out, but I am right there with you, Frank.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »
My guy was the last to bow out, but I am right there with you, Frank.

That makes 3 of us.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »

Hell, at the onset, I wanted Scott Walker.  Rick Perry would have been acceptable to me.  About the only two that would not have been acceptable were Jim Gilmore and George Pataki, and Gilmore might have won me over if he had tried.  At the end of the day, if you're against the (presumptive) nominee, you're for their opponent, because that's the only alternative--no third-party candidate has a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.  I hate HilLIARy.  Therefore, I am for Trump.  Do I think that he will be able to pull off a huge upset?  Yes, I do--people have been counting Donald Trump out for decades, and he always comes back.  He should have been destroyed years ago with his multiple bankruptcies,  but he's survived and thrived.  He survives.

I tend to agree with a Rush Limbaugh column from earlier this week, where he postulates that Trump will win in a landslide.  I think that this result is a lot more likely than the landslide going the other way.  Why?  It's simple--the economy.  HilLIARy has to both defend the massive stagflation under Obama, and put forth a plan to improve the economy that's actually workable.  She has to stay on the left to get the Bernouts over to her side, yet she has to prove that anything she does will have a different result than what's happening in Venezuela, to get moderates to vote for her.  She's in a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  Plus, the Trump team is not going to go easy on her because of her gender.  The Clintonistas will come hard after Trump, but he'll do something that we didn't see out of the last two (Establishment) Republican candidates--he'll fight back.  He'll counterpunch hard.  And he'll score, big.  He won't let up.  People forget that he's actually created private-sector jobs, in the various business ventures that he's been involved in.  What private-sector jobs has HilLIARy created, other than a couple of legal assistants for the law firm that's defending her from the various charges against her?

Were there better candidates?  Yes.  Do we have them now?  No.  Are there a whole bunch of 'gibsmedats?'  Yes.  Are most of them registered to vote?  Doubtful.  A lot of older voters are tired of the usual political mumbo-jumbo, like what Trump has to say, and seem willing to give him a chance.  Plus, older voters are the most reliable voting age group.  The Quinnipiac poll that came out this morning shows good trends for Trump.  Let's remember that the election is just under six months away.  The "FBI Primary" has to be run, which will probably go horribly for both the Oministration and the Clintons.  There won't be an indictment, but there will be a large number--I've heard 40 to 50--FBI agents that will leave the Bureau, and they will not be shy about exactly why they're leaving.  There will be multiple, massive leaks of the pertinent evidence, which will be utterly damning to the Dems.  Moderates who seemed willing to give HilLIARy a chance will go against her.  Sure, the hardcore Dems will vote for her, but there's a fair number of them who are willing to give Trump a chance.  They'll never admit that, however.

I think that it's actually going to be a decent year for Republicans.  Only time will tell.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 07:06:18 AM »
A lot has been made of Trump's head-to-head numbers vs. Hitlery during the primary campaign, and fairly so by his primary opponents.  However, I don't think they mean much because first, there's a long time between those polls and the final one that counts, and second, they seem to be trending in the right direction due to things that are going on in both parties as the final match-up becomes inevitable.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »
I personally don't care how often y'all say "If you don't vote for Trump, you're voting for Hillary."

I'm not voting for either; and I never will. I cannot vote for that insane orange clown any more than I can vote for the evil conniving woman.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:21 AM »
I personally don't care how often y'all say "If you don't vote for Trump, you're voting for Hillary."

I'm not voting for either; and I never will. I cannot vote for that insane orange clown any more than I can vote for the evil conniving woman.

High five, dixierose.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
I think that it's actually going to be a decent year for Republicans.

That is only if they don't manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Again...

Spot on for the rest of your comments.

C.S. Lewis

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
High five, dixierose.

And another.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 12:19:18 PM »

The fact he's not a Conservative doesn't bother you?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »

I supported Cain, and hated to see what the MSM did to him. Now that he is no longer in the race, I'm not sure who I will vote for in Ga's primary. I know that I will stand behind the Republican nominee, whoever it may be.

Quite the turn around from 4 years ago, isn't it?

C.S. Lewis

Offline thundley4

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 04:12:46 PM »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5A02pNcGHs[/youtube]

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:52 AM »

I threw up a little bit. I can't bring myself to quote that pile of shit, thundley.

It's funny how stink gravitates - and stays - from one critter to another.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »

Quite the turn around from 4 years ago, isn't it?

4 years ago the nominee was not Trump. He wasn't even running. I've been #NeverTrump since he started his campaign. I would have gladly voted for any other nominee...even *shudder* Jeb.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell