Author Topic: Trump's Appeal  (Read 4294 times)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: Trump's Appeal
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »
4 years ago the nominee was not Trump. He wasn't even running. I've been #NeverTrump since he started his campaign. I would have gladly voted for any other nominee...even *shudder* Jeb.

So your standard of "stand behind the Republican nominee, whoever it may be" has its limits?  Is that correct?  Because I remember hearing that if all of us didn't vote for liberal McCain, it was going to be allowing obama a victory - same for voting for liberal Romney.  Now, it's different because of ... Donald Trump?

That's an interesting sliding scale you have, dixierose.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »
I'd rather it was Trump than Jeb, Christie, or Graham.  He's about equal in desirability to Kasich for me, not to equate their policy positions though, just the pluses and minuses.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
I'd rather it was Trump than Jeb, Christie, or Graham.  He's about equal in desirability to Kasich for me, not to equate their policy positions though, just the pluses and minuses.

I just wish Trump would pick a position and stick to it. He has more positions than the Kamasutra.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
True, but I always took a lot of his BS as business-world initial negotiating positions, with him having to come to some kind of mutual terms with the party itself between the primary and the general elections.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 04:14:38 PM »
True, but I always took a lot of his BS as business-world initial negotiating positions, with him having to come to some kind of mutual terms with the party itself between the primary and the general elections.

But he hasn't shown any basic core principles. It's about winning at all costs and saying whatever it takes on a given day.  His flip-flops on Planned Parenthood is the most egregious example. I don't even know what he thinks about them today, it may have changed from yesterday.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 04:20:31 PM »
But he hasn't shown any basic core principles. It's about winning at all costs and saying whatever it takes on a given day.  His flip-flops on Planned Parenthood is the most egregious example. I don't even know what he thinks about them today, it may have changed from yesterday.

Not to mention we already know he has no regard Constitutionally to things like States Rights and private property.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 04:24:29 PM »
Not to mention we already know he has no regard Constitutionally to things like States Rights and private property.

Or the first amendment.

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 11:31:35 PM »
In my opinion, you don't turn $1m into $10b by being stupid.

He didn't just get 1 million for starters, second he would be worth more today if he retired years ago with his funds in a fund.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/why-youre-probably-better-investing-than-donald-trump/

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 07:39:55 AM »
Whine all you want, everyone else lost to Trump in a stand-up fight, due as much to their own political blunders as any skill on his part, so it's a choice between him, Hitlery, staying home to pout, or just wiping your ass with your ballot in some pointless act of defiance.  Myself, I'd rather take a chance on Trump than go with 'B,' 'C,'or 'D.'

I suppose there's always a chance, despite the perversion of DOJ into a poltical enforcement branch of the DNC, that Hitlery's antics as Secretary of State, both in the mishandling of classified information and the vast and incredibly-corrupt money-laundering scheme known as the Clinton Foundation will catch up to her and force withdrawal before the election.  Maybe then you can vote for Biden or Sanders.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 08:06:30 AM »
Whine all you want, everyone else lost to Trump in a stand-up fight, due as much to their own political blunders as any skill on his part, so it's a choice between him, Hitlery, staying home to pout, or just wiping your ass with your ballot in some pointless act of defiance.  Myself, I'd rather take a chance on Trump than go with 'B,' 'C,'or 'D.'

I suppose there's always a chance, despite the perversion of DOJ into a poltical enforcement branch of the DNC, that Hitlery's antics as Secretary of State, both in the mishandling of classified information and the vast and incredibly-corrupt money-laundering scheme known as the Clinton Foundation will catch up to her and force withdrawal before the election.  Maybe then you can vote for Biden or Sanders.

Could not have said it better myself.  Bravo, sir, bravo...   :clap:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »
I personally don't care how often y'all say "If you don't vote for Trump, you're voting for Hillary."

I'm not voting for either; and I never will. I cannot vote for that insane orange clown any more than I can vote for the evil conniving woman.
Amen, sister!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2016, 02:03:57 AM »
Trump did one thing politicians never do...
He told the TRUTH about Mexico and illegals. and for that he is called a racist.

Telling the truth that all Americans know is so unusual, he won their hearts.

This is why I will vote for him. Maybe it's what we need.

I am SICK of politicians.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2016, 05:32:05 AM »
Trump is doing the one thing that Romney, McCain and to a certain extent, Dubya did and that was to not fight back against the criticism. Part of the appeal of Trump is, he's willing to get in the gutter and fight the Democrats and MSM on THEIR terms, and kick their asses doing it. He isn't afraid of a fight.

Yeah, like he fought for shutting down Planned Parenthood for about 2 days then decided it was doing great things for women. We saw him pander to the ethanol crowd days before Iowa's election.

Sorry not buying it. Trump is one thing and one thing only... a populist. When he has the GOP candidate locked down he will swing left on a lot of issues.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
I think just about everybody dislikes the alternatives.

As conservatives, or at the very least, people that despise and abhor the direction progressivism has and continues to take America, we have limited choices.

A. Vote against clinton/for trump.

B. Vote against clinton/for Libertarian or write in.

C. Stay home and wash my hands of the whole works. Consent to nothing.

At the end of the day, there is no point in fighting amongst ourselves, and no matter how much we do so, those three choices aren't going to change.

To put this in perspective, remember, that many if not most of our so called conservative heroes, show only minimally better fidelity to the constitution, than their lib/prog counterparts. Even Justice Scalia, god rest his soul, for all his originalist reading, fell into the "how much should we infringe" camp, rather than the "should we infringe at all?" camp. None of the candidates on either side were really any better in terms of how they'd govern, and it doesn't take much soul searching to admit that to ones self. Fidelity to the constitution can be represented as a sober, aware driver behind the wheel. This election, amounts to a lot of people arguing over who is drunker than who, and which drunk should or shouldn't be behind the wheel.

I don't wish to offend anyone, I simply wanted to give a gentle reminder, that, as usual, the soberest drivers are eliminated by the process. Tearing each other up over it isn't going to improve our situation.

That is my view, for what it is worth.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 07:25:58 AM »
I think just about everybody dislikes the alternatives.

As conservatives, or at the very least, people that despise and abhor the direction progressivism has and continues to take America, we have limited choices.

A. Vote against clinton/for trump.

B. Vote against clinton/for Libertarian or write in.

C. Stay home and wash my hands of the whole works. Consent to nothing.

At the end of the day, there is no point in fighting amongst ourselves, and no matter how much we do so, those three choices aren't going to change.

To put this in perspective, remember, that many if not most of our so called conservative heroes, show only minimally better fidelity to the constitution, than their lib/prog counterparts. Even Justice Scalia, god rest his soul, for all his originalist reading, fell into the "how much should we infringe" camp, rather than the "should we infringe at all?" camp. None of the candidates on either side were really any better in terms of how they'd govern, and it doesn't take much soul searching to admit that to ones self. Fidelity to the constitution can be represented as a sober, aware driver behind the wheel. This election, amounts to a lot of people arguing over who is drunker than who, and which drunk should or shouldn't be behind the wheel.

I don't wish to offend anyone, I simply wanted to give a gentle reminder, that, as usual, the soberest drivers are eliminated by the process. Tearing each other up over it isn't going to improve our situation.

That is my view, for what it is worth.

CMD

Well said.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline IndiCon15

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »
Trump's grown on me.  I like how he diminishes the left by acting like them, he doesn't take them seriously.  And every hyperbolic statement he makes is just an indication that there is a problem to be solved. 

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »
Trump's grown on me.  I like how he diminishes the left by acting like them,
Are you sure it is an act?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
Anyone else wondering what woodpile these new nevertrumpers are coming out of?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »
Anyone else wondering what woodpile these new nevertrumpers are coming out of?

I think I have a pretty good idea.  One of our members is dragging them over, like Gator and the Ronulans back in the old CU days.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »
I think I have a pretty good idea.  One of our members is dragging them over, like Gator and the Ronulans back in the old CU days.

Given what I've seen it makes sense. It's pretty bad when you are basically bussing in supporters.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 04:01:34 PM »
Trump's grown on me. 
Tumors and warts grow on people too.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:09 PM »
Given what I've seen it makes sense. It's pretty bad when you are basically bussing in supporters.
Because nobody here could possibly dislike Trump without being prodded by TRG first. :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
Because nobody here could possibly dislike Trump without being prodded by TRG first. :whatever:

No, but it definitely takes commitment to keep the butthurt going so long. You guys act like a 6 year old who didn't get a toy when mom went to Wal-Mart.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:08:04 PM by Fourwinds »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
No, but it definitely takes commitment to keep the butthurt going so long. You guys act like a 6 year old who didn't get a toy when mom went to Wal-Mart.
It doesn't take a lot of commitment when Donald Trump reminds the world on a daily basis what a shitbag of a human being he is but if you want to line up to support him, go ahead. 

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »
It doesn't take a lot of commitment when Donald Trump reminds the world on a daily basis what a shitbag of a human being he is but if you want to line up to support him, go ahead.

I already have. If somehow a brokered convention happens and another nominee is chosen I'll support them. Fact of it is the amount of complaining I see from the nevertrump crowd here tells me they enjoy watching candidates roll over and die. They like the business as usual attitude of the GOP on the beltway and couldn't give a rat's hind end for the will of the people.

Like it or not, Cruz suspended his campaign.  He wasn't forced out. He was a good candidate amongst many. It just happens he isn't the last man standing. I and many others are making the best of the situation instead of crying over spilled milk.