Author Topic: I had to put my bullshit waders on this morning!  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
I had to put my bullshit waders on this morning!
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:42:46 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027418898

I had to put my bullshit waders on this morning!
By airwing24
Saturday Dec 05, 2015 6:35 AM PST

I had to put on my new bullshit waders before opening Facebook this morning, and good thing! The crap that came spewing out at me about what happened 45 minutes from my doorstep in San Bernadino was just a river of fear, innuendo, and just outright misconception. And then there is the outright lies they actually believe because Fox Spews, the NRA, and other pundits have repeated them so many times they have been sucked down in the manure and luxuriate in it! I am a Nam vet, two tours, I own a dirty Harry style magnum Smith and Wesson, I own a coach side by side 12 gauge, I own a long rifle, a target pistol, and so forth. No one, I repeat, no one wants any of them and they were all registered and purchased legally. I do not need an assault rifle added to my arsenal to protect myself, or thirty rounds jammed in my weapon. I can fill out a comprehensive background check, all they will find is a former Sgt. U.S.M.C., with a final secret clearance under his belt, no wants, no warrants, not even a traffic ticket. I am not living in fear that my government is secretly at war with me and that I am going to have to fight them off at any moment. I really am not under any misguided misconception that my guns will do me any good if my government did come after me. It would be like bringing a damn slingshot to a guided missile dual. Get over it, and the next time you want to call me names, show up on my doorstep to do it, I will show you what a pissed of rainbow liberal looks like just before the pain begins to register! Oh, and one last thing, all this misplaced rhetoric about your President, your distrust of government, your guns, and your readiness to wage war is exactly what ISIS and others want, so way to support terrorism guys! 

Ok, so the thread descends into typical anti-gun liberal rhetoric.. but this comment just completely floored me...

Star Member Plucketeer (9,131 posts)
15. That might be nice

but mine's a cheapie - like me. I only bought it because we have so many stray dogs - stray NEIGHBOR'S dogs - that harass our chickens. I pop 'em in the can and now most of them don't bother the coops anymore.

Had a .22 rifle years ago. Needed money worse than I needed it. Had an M-16 in Nam, but only ever shot it on the qualifying range.

If it gets to the "bad guys" coming after us here in the countryside, I only ask that they dispatch me with the first round fired.

Are you serious?  You'd rather be killed first, rather than defend yourself?  What's that quote... "I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees"..

Some people just amaze me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:01:34 AM by Ken8521 »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: I had to put my bullshit waders on this morning!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:16:56 AM »
First poster sounds very dubious claiming to be a former Marine in one breath an in the next claiming his guns won't do him any good in the event the government tries to illegally size them.

Second poster blatantly admits to animal cruelty and possibly a felony depending  on the state by admitting to shooting those dogs.

Hey moron...the reason they don't bother you anymore after you shoot them is because they are DEAD. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:30 AM »
I own a dirty Harry style magnum Smith and Wesson, I own a coach side by side 12 gauge, I own a long rifle,

Which is exactly how no gun owner would ever describe what they had. :yawn:

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 06:03:11 AM »
Which is exactly how no gun owner would ever describe what they had. :yawn:

That's exactly what I thought... but he may be trying to "appeal to the masses" on DU.... but I'd agree.. the OP is no gun owner, or if he is a gun owner, he's better off not owning one.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:06:46 AM »
That's exactly what I thought... but he may be trying to "appeal to the masses" on DU.... but I'd agree.. the OP is no gun owner, or if he is a gun owner, he's better off not owning one.

Kind of like drunken Pitts Cowboy outfit when he went to Texas to meet the ditch witch.
These dolts live inside the stereotypes they create in their minds.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 07:43:49 AM »
First poster sounds very dubious claiming to be a former Marine in one breath an in the next claiming his guns won't do him any good in the event the government tries to illegally size them.

Second poster blatantly admits to animal cruelty and possibly a felony depending  on the state by admitting to shooting those dogs.

Hey moron...the reason they don't bother you anymore after you shoot them is because they are DEAD.

Well, to be fair, the 2nd poster seems to be referring to a BB Gun. ( A Daisy Red Ryder knockoff ) - but still - shooting dogs with BBs probably falls under the heading of animal cruelty.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
... a coach side by side 12 gauge ...

I know what a double-barrel 12 gauge shotgun is, having owned and used one. If this isn't a poser, but is using real gun jargon, can some one decipher this for me?

I'm guessing "coach" refers to the weapon supposedly used on Wells Fargo stagecoaches, as in "riding shotgun". I'm not sufficiently up on that aspect of history to know whether that was actually done, or was Hollywood movie-westerns fiction.

This dude's whole post sounds like a badly over-done blustery poser's :bouncy: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 10:07:45 AM »
I know what a double-barrel 12 gauge shotgun is, having owned and used one. If this isn't a poser, but is using real gun jargon, can some one decipher this for me?

I'm guessing "coach" refers to the weapon supposedly used on Wells Fargo stagecoaches, as in "riding shotgun". I'm not sufficiently up on that aspect of history to know whether that was actually done, or was Hollywood movie-westerns fiction.

This dude's whole post sounds like a badly over-done blustery poser's :bouncy: .

I googled it and came up with this:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/70780
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »

The "dirty Harry" bit made me laugh. If the DUmmy actually owns a Model 29, I'll eat my hat.

You are correct, a 'coach gun' is a double barrel shotgun with a shorter barrel and open or modified cylinder choke, which was carried by stagecoach crews, saloon keepers, and such. They are used in Cowboy Action Shooting/SASS competition.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
I have to wonder if the shootist knows which end goes forward?  :shrug:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 10:45:35 AM »
I have to wonder if the shootist knows which end goes forward?  :shrug:

The Shootist. The Duke's last movie.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »
If it gets to the "bad guys" coming after us here in the countryside, I only ask that they dispatch me with the first round fired.
This is the message obama is sending to the terrorists which is why they are emboldened to acts like what happened in San Bernardino. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
Thanks, guys.

PGR, from a couple of reviews, that shotgun sounds like an unreliable, poorly manufactured POS. I wonder if a24 went a-Googling for jargon, found that thing, and didn't read any user reviews.

BD, sounds like the sort of shotgun one might use for close-quarters self-defense - wide pattern that hits many would-be attackers, probably none fatlly, but injuring sufficiently to give the one attacked the upper hand. But usability in such a situation is critical: a well-made double-barrel is heavy; after two shots it's reloading time (not fast, even if shells are close at hand). A 5-shot or 7-shot pump-action shotgun with the appropriate barrel length and choke would seem a better choice.

I think a former Marine would know such things (a lot better than I do!) and have chosen a better home protection weapon.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »
Thanks, guys.

PGR, from a couple of reviews, that shotgun sounds like an unreliable, poorly manufactured POS. I wonder if a24 went a-Googling for jargon, found that thing, and didn't read any user reviews.

BD, sounds like the sort of shotgun one might use for close-quarters self-defense - wide pattern that hits many would-be attackers, probably none fatlly, but injuring sufficiently to give the one attacked the upper hand. But usability in such a situation is critical: a well-made double-barrel is heavy; after two shots it's reloading time (not fast, even if shells are close at hand). A 5-shot or 7-shot pump-action shotgun with the appropriate barrel length and choke would seem a better choice.

I think a former Marine would know such things (a lot better than I do!) and have chosen a better home protection weapon.

The coach gun is plenty lethal. Think of a 2 shot riot gun.

I had a Stoeger coach gun that I bought for SASS. One barrel is Cylinder (open) choke, and one is Modified. At 10 yards, the open choke will keep all 9 pellets of 00 buckshot inside a 24 inch circle. The buckshot will penetrate 12-18 inches.

Speaking of pump shotguns, my bedroom gun is an old-school  Remington 870 riot gun with 5 rounds of 00 buck.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
The coach gun is plenty lethal. Think of a 2 shot riot gun.

I had a Stoeger coach gun that I bought for SASS. One barrel is Cylinder (open) choke, and one is Modified. At 10 yards, the open choke will keep all 9 pellets of 00 buckshot inside a 24 inch circle. The buckshot will penetrate 12-18 inches.

Speaking of pump shotguns, my bedroom gun is an old-school  Remington 870 riot gun with 5 rounds of 00 buck.

No doubt. My main thought was utility - it's better to have unused shells ready after only having to shoot twice than to shoot twice and have reinforcement enter while reloading the double barrel.

I know, hypothetical, but it's the sort of forethought that would elude a DU-poser. BTW, variants of the Remington are still being sold by Cabellas; the "home protection" variant is 7-shot. Sometimes "old school" means reliability too good to be obsoleted.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »
No doubt. My main thought was utility - it's better to have unused shells ready after only having to shoot twice than to shoot twice and have reinforcement enter while reloading the double barrel.

I know, hypothetical, but it's the sort of forethought that would elude a DU-poser. BTW, variants of the Remington are still being sold by Cabellas; the "home protection" variant is 7-shot. Sometimes "old school" means reliability too good to be obsoleted.

My go-to gun shop (Gypsum Valley Outdoor Sports) does a brisk business in 870s, especially the Express model.

My riot gun is truly old-school, with the small forend, standard 5 round magazine tube, and 18" riot barrel. It has never let me down.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
My go-to gun shop (Gypsum Valley Outdoor Sports) does a brisk business in 870s, especially the Express model.

My riot gun is truly old-school, with the small forend, standard 5 round magazine tube, and 18" riot barrel. It has never let me down.

Sounds a lot like mine.  I had to get the 18" barrel as an extra, though.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »
Sounds a lot like mine.  I had to get the 18" barrel as an extra, though.

Good, reliable shotguns.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
I do not need an assault rifle added to my arsenal to protect myself, or thirty rounds jammed in my weapon.

Yea, former Marine right.  No clue as to what an assault rifle really is. 

"Thirty rounds jammed in my weapon" ::)

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »
Yea, former Marine right.  No clue as to what an assault rifle really is. 

"Thirty rounds jammed in my weapon" ::)
I don't know about you, but a "jammed" rifle doesn't sound like a very useful firearm.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »

The first firearm I purchased for me (as an adult) was a 870 Express. The second also. One is a 12 g the other a 20. I purchased a Monte Carlo style stock for it (the 12g) directly from Remington. This helped me when shooting trap (i know, trap with a field gun, but I was poor back then). So poor that I scrounged around in range trash cans for used hulls and reloaded them on a $40.00 Lee shotshell loader.

Have a complete set of choke tubes for both shotguns. Mrs. Fatboy has taken control of the 20g which is fine with me. I really like the 870 Express, fun on a budget.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »
These dolts live inside the stereotypes they create in their minds.

:clap:

Yes, they do.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 04:42:55 AM »
I own a dirty Harry style magnum Smith and Wesson, I own a coach side by side 12 gauge, I own a long rifle, a target pistol, and so forth. No one, I repeat, no one wants any of them and they were all registered and purchased legally. I do not need an assault rifle added to my arsenal to protect myself, or thirty rounds jammed in my weapon.

Guess what asshole...need it or not...by my count you own at least THREE assault weapons.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 04:44:19 AM »
I don't know about you, but a "jammed" rifle doesn't sound like a very useful firearm.

It's better used as a club at that point.  And he should use it to hit himself repeatedly until he gets a clue.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 06:52:14 AM »
I had to put on my new bullshit waders before opening Facebook this morning, and good thing! The crap that came spewing out at me ...

Yeah, well, all that crap came from his own anus. I guess he wanted to keep it off his own feet and legs while expelling-projecting it across the Internet.