Author Topic: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger  (Read 14236 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
As for knowledge of the Constitution, the founders wrote it in plain language to be understood by the common man. All you have to do is read it. And there are plenty of Constitutional scholars (Mark Levine comes to mind) who would be honored to be an adviser to any one of these candidates should they become president. But it stands as simple and near perfect as a governing document could ever be. It's people, mostly the political class, who have twisted it to mean things it doesn't. As it's not taught in schools (or taught as if it were a liberal permission slip to rape the country), the general public buys much of what they're told because they believe people in their government are experts. The intention of the founders was that "We the People" ALL of us become experts.

BTW, Hillsdale College has several excellent free courses on the Constitution, taught by the professors who teach it to their students and containing the same content their students have to learn to graduate. I wish they would've had them when we were homeschooling.

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »
As for knowledge of the Constitution, the founders wrote it in plain language to be understood by the common man. All you have to do is read it. And there are plenty of Constitutional scholars (Mark Levine comes to mind) who would be honored to be an adviser to any one of these candidates should they become president. But it stands as simple and near perfect as a governing document could ever be. It's people, mostly the political class, who have twisted it to mean things it doesn't. As it's not taught in schools (or taught as if it were a liberal permission slip to rape the country), the general public buys much of what they're told because they believe people in their government are experts. The intention of the founders was that "We the People" ALL of us become experts.

BTW, Hillsdale College has several excellent free courses on the Constitution, taught by the professors who teach it to their students and containing the same content their students have to learn to graduate. I wish they would've had them when we were homeschooling.

Cindie

"We the People" ARE the government...many seem to have lost sight of that, including many of our elected officials including our president.  Our elected officials and our president work for US we don't work for them.  Not adhering to the Constitution and deviating from the intent of the founders is why we are in this mess.

I don't believe that knowledge of our Constitution was written simply nor does one acquire a deep understanding of the Constitution without spending some amount of time to go through the document to clearly understand what was written and what was intended. The "intent" of the Constitution has been questioned numerous times since it has been written. The Constitution is the law of our land.  To become president and to reside over this land, I feel that at the very least of qualifications needed would be to have considerable knowledge of the Constitution and command of how each of the three branches of government works.

The Constitution is very specific and unfortunately, "We the People' have wrongly assumed that those in government know and will uphold the Constitution.  Trump, Carson,and Fiorina lack in that knowledge.  As far as I can tell and the research I have done, there are only 2 candidates with a deep understanding and respect of our Constitution; Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.  Other candidates due to being governors, senators have experience in dealing with Constitutional issues because of positions held.

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2015, 12:13:09 AM »
"We the People" ARE the government...many seem to have lost sight of that, including many of our elected officials including our president.  Our elected officials and our president work for US we don't work for them.  Not adhering to the Constitution and deviating from the intent of the founders is why we are in this mess.

I don't believe that knowledge of our Constitution was written simply nor does one acquire a deep understanding of the Constitution without spending some amount of time to go through the document to clearly understand what was written and what was intended. The "intent" of the Constitution has been questioned numerous times since it has been written. The Constitution is the law of our land.  To become president and to reside over this land, I feel that at the very least of qualifications needed would be to have considerable knowledge of the Constitution and command of how each of the three branches of government works.

The Constitution is very specific and unfortunately, "We the People' have wrongly assumed that those in government know and will uphold the Constitution.  Trump, Carson,and Fiorina lack in that knowledge.  As far as I can tell and the research I have done, there are only 2 candidates with a deep understanding and respect of our Constitution; Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.  Other candidates due to being governors, senators have experience in dealing with Constitutional issues because of positions held.
Gerald Ford

Bob Dole

John McCain

Mitt Romney

They all met your set of qualifications for what makes a good President.

How'd that work out for them?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2015, 04:41:44 AM »

And that's exactly why it's time to stop doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity. The Founders expected that citizens, not a bunch of entrenched political elites, would actually understand that "We the People" meant US.

The original document is only 4 pages long and under 5000 words. Catcher in the Rye is harder to understand and it's read by angst ridden high school students in their English classes. Literature is meant to be interpreted, the Constitution is not. It's written simply ON PURPOSE, so the common man, you and I, can have the same understanding as those we send to represent us. The best way to understand any document, be it a contract or literature is to reread it as many times as it takes to grasp it. It's a great disservice to ourselves and our country to just assume we can't understand our founding document(s) or how the government should work. The three branches of government and their powers are clearly laid out in the first 3 articles of the Constitution.

People believing they need someone to interpret the Founders "intent" is crap and a huge reason why we're now in such terrible shape. Had they intended something else, they would've written something else. Their in depth thought processes and reasoning can be found in the Federalist Papers. They also aid in our understanding. The powers that be have (successfully, evidently) tried to convince the masses that a document written in plain language is too difficult for us poor rubes in flyover country. Thus, we need our precious elites to interpret it for us. That's how they maintain their status quo. They aren't any wiser than we are.

You just refuted your own argument. The Constitution IS very specific, that's why you don't need anyone else to interpret it. Assuming those in government "know and will uphold" the Constitution without knowing what is and isn't Constitutional and what they can and cannot do is like handing your bank card and the keys to your new car to your teenager and telling him to have a good time without setting any ground rules. Except politicians are very susceptible to corruption, especially those who refuse to leave long after their expiration date. Money and power are hard to resist. Too much power corrupts. Besides, how have any of our political overlords served us? What "interpretation of their intent" have they applied that does little more than help them? I can't think of one thing.

Honestly, the Constitution can seem daunting but it's not as difficult as you think. Take one of the free internet courses offered by Hillsdale College. It's self-paced and taught by professors who teach government and the Constitution. The students are required to take these courses before they can graduate. It's the exact materials they use in their classrooms and the videos aren't boring at all. Read some of Mark Levin's books. His knowledge of the Constitution is encyclopedic.

I'm curious about the research you've done. What was it that convinced you that people outside of the government aren't qualified? Trump (who isn't my first choice by any means) was exactly right about the 14th Amendment. All these supposed expert politicians currently serving and people who call themselves scholars opining on television have it wrong. Like many of us, they've fallen victim to what we all assume is common knowledge. We've been scammed by people who deliberately "interpreted" it wrong.

Government runs like a giant corporation. States run like a smaller corporation. So both types of jobs require the same skills. Whether they're qualified in other ways (temperament, leadership qualities, etc.) remains to be seen and it's why they're campaigning. As I've said before, part of being a good leader is the ability to choose knowledgeable & competent people to serve in areas they know well. Trump choosing Jeff Sessions to help craft his immigration policy is an example of that kind of leadership. Personally, my first choice is Ted Cruz because he's proven to be honest, uncorruptible and unwilling to compromise his personal values and the will of his constituents just because it's easier.

Somewhere along the way "We the People" have become lazy about understanding our rights, our Constitution and how our government works. It's our responsibility as citizens. As Ben Franklin so succinctly put it when asked when asked what kind of government we have, "A republic, if you can keep it." The founders must be rolling over in their graves.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »
Gerald Ford

Bob Dole

John McCain

Mitt Romney

Certainly and quite obviously, there are other qualifications I feel that are needed to be president; I only suggested what I felt is an important one.  I guess you should get a "gold star" for your efforts in defending candidates who have little knowledge about the Constitution with no political experience running our country. I'd rather see someone with a deep knowledge and respect for the Constitution with some political experience rather than someone with little knowledge of the Constitution and in need of on the job training. My opinion hasn't changed and nor has yours. 
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »
Gerald Ford

Bob Dole

John McCain

Mitt Romney

Certainly and quite obviously, there are other qualifications I feel that are needed to be president; I only suggested what I felt is an important one.  I guess you should get a "gold star" for your efforts in defending candidates who have little knowledge about the Constitution with no political experience running our country. I'd rather see someone with a deep knowledge and respect for the Constitution with some political experience rather than someone with little knowledge of the Constitution and in need of on the job training. My opinion hasn't changed and nor has yours. 

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
Quote from delilahmused...

Honestly, the Constitution can seem daunting but it's not as difficult as you think. Take one of the free internet courses offered by Hillsdale College. It's self-paced and taught by professors who teach government and the Constitution. The students are required to take these courses before they can graduate. It's the exact materials they use in their classrooms and the videos aren't boring at all. Read some of Mark Levin's books. His knowledge of the Constitution is encyclopedic.

So if I am understanding you properly, a community organizer who was purported to be a "Constitutional Professor", but who turned out to be a part time adjunct professor, with no expertise or real experience in constitutional law...wasn't a very impressive candidate for US Senator or President as advertised ?

Speaking of Mark Levin, and reading his books...Big Dog founded the CC traveling library with "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levin.
I think I started a book report thread about it.
Anyway, if anyone wants to take delilahmused's advice and wants that book, let me know.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »
Quote from delilahmused...

So if I am understanding you properly, a community organizer who was purported to be a "Constitutional Professor", but who turned out to be a part time adjunct professor, with no expertise or real experience in constitutional law...wasn't a very impressive candidate for US Senator or President as advertised ?

Speaking of Mark Levin, and reading his books...Big Dog founded the CC traveling library with "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levin.
I think I started a book report thread about it.
Anyway, if anyone wants to take delilahmused's advice and wants that book, let me know.

That was exactly my point. On paper 0bama fits the exact criteria of someone who's been in government and knows what's going on and how it works. If we expect the political elites to run things because they know better or understand the Constitution better than we do then we better be prepared for more elites telling us what is/isn't in the Constitution and what it does or doesn't mean. We should all know it and understand it. We studied it when my youngest son was 12. He grasped it quite easily. You can find children's books with a good basic overview. Of course there will be disputes and that's what the SCOTUS is for. But it wouldn't have been as bastardized as it is now had "We the People" had read our Constitution and paid more attention to what they were doing.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2015, 07:22:04 PM »
I can understand why Trump has some appeal -- he's the guy throwing the bird to the professional politicians because we, the voters, have allowed these assholes to stack the deck in their favor to the point that we have no voice any more -- or a much reduced voice.

He sounds good and for those who are sick of business as usual he makes some measure of sense. But, in the end, I simply have no confidence in Trump to fix much of anything. He's not a conservative, his stance on 2A is bullshit, and he has absolutely zero diplomatic experience (not that he could POSSIBLY screw up more than Barry and his sycophants).

I just see Trump as a loudmouth braggart with no substance. No plan, no ideas, just mouth.   :shrug:

I decided to read his book Making America Great Again, which was written in 2011.  I liked, nay LOVED, what I'd heard from him and since I never watched him on Apprentice I didn't know much about him as a person except yeah, he's got a big mouth.  But in reading what he wrote 4 years ago, I've been happily surprised.  He does lay out some ideas in greater detail.  My husband said the other day that Trump talks alot of sense but it's so unreal that HE is the one running.  I think many people have been looking for a career politician to have the cojones to speak the truth and yet it took someone totally unconventional and out of left field (pardon the pun).  He resonates with many people simply because for once we aren't hearing some mealy mouthed political hack (okay, piece of shit) spout platitudes and garbage while the country keeps collapsing around them.  I do really admire Ted Cruz, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina out of the field along with Donald Trump, and the significant difference to them is they tend to shoot straight and in Trump's case take no prisoners. Also, they aren't career buttkissing politicians and Cruz (Paul too for that matter) actually stood up for what they believed in on the Senate floor with no help from Agent Orange Boehner or Sniveling Bitch McConnell.

For better or worse, Trump is thus far Teflon coated like we haven't seen since Slick Willie weaseled his way out of countless rape allegations, perjury, and slimy associations.  And no one has accused Trump, that I know of, of being a rapist.  Yeah, he's changed his stand on issues.  I have as well.  Most people I know have.  Above all, he doesn't seem like the type of person to suffer fools at all, let alone gladly.  God knows we've been cursed with some of the biggest fools to ever set foot in the White House these past decades. 
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2015, 06:29:27 AM »
I decided to read his book Making America Great Again, which was written in 2011.  I liked, nay LOVED, what I'd heard from him and since I never watched him on Apprentice I didn't know much about him as a person except yeah, he's got a big mouth.  But in reading what he wrote 4 years ago, I've been happily surprised.  He does lay out some ideas in greater detail.  My husband said the other day that Trump talks alot of sense but it's so unreal that HE is the one running.  I think many people have been looking for a career politician to have the cojones to speak the truth and yet it took someone totally unconventional and out of left field (pardon the pun).  He resonates with many people simply because for once we aren't hearing some mealy mouthed political hack (okay, piece of shit) spout platitudes and garbage while the country keeps collapsing around them.  I do really admire Ted Cruz, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina out of the field along with Donald Trump, and the significant difference to them is they tend to shoot straight and in Trump's case take no prisoners. Also, they aren't career buttkissing politicians and Cruz (Paul too for that matter) actually stood up for what they believed in on the Senate floor with no help from Agent Orange Boehner or Sniveling Bitch McConnell.

For better or worse, Trump is thus far Teflon coated like we haven't seen since Slick Willie weaseled his way out of countless rape allegations, perjury, and slimy associations.  And no one has accused Trump, that I know of, of being a rapist.  Yeah, he's changed his stand on issues.  I have as well.  Most people I know have.  Above all, he doesn't seem like the type of person to suffer fools at all, let alone gladly.  God knows we've been cursed with some of the biggest fools to ever set foot in the White House these past decades.

I note with some interest that Trump didn't have somebody write the book for him (unless they ghost-wrote the book, unacknowledged, which is certainly possible).

I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I'm still betting on Cruz, who appears to be a far better statesman than Trump even thought of being. There is still room for civility in our chief executive. We don't need another snide, sniveling shitbird in the WH. Had enough of that.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2015, 06:32:45 AM »
I note with some interest that Trump didn't have somebody write the book for him (unless they ghost-wrote the book, unacknowledged, which is certainly possible).

I'm still betting on Cruz, who appears to be a far better statesman than Trump even thought of being. There is still room for civility in our chief executive. We don't need another snide, sniveling shitbird in the WH. Had enough of that.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2015, 09:07:02 AM »

The media did try to slander, slime, defame, and otherwise libel the Donald by digging up an old allegation of marital rape.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »
The media did try to slander, slime, defame, and otherwise libel the Donald by digging up an old allegation of marital rape.

The sad thing is that it's probably Rove and/or the RNC feeding the media those stories.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »

I doubt Trump had all his books ghost written, for the simple reason that some of the titles have his name WITH another named collaborator.  However, the two books I'm reading of his were apparently written by him.

I don't know,  Eupher, civility hasn't gotten the Republican party very far.  Cruz, and I admire the hell out of him, btw, couldn't make those cowardly Senators we elected to defend the Constitution do anything except clutch their pearls and scold him hysterically for upsetting Obama and the Democrats.  Personally, I'd really like to see a Trump/Cruz ticket, or one with Fiorina on it, maybe Ben Carson.  I can't forget Rubio working with the Dems and other Republicans to grant defacto amnesty to illegals.  I heard his reasoning behind it and it is less than impressive.  I think he said something along the lines of we have to pass immigration reform (a pass to illegal entrants to this country as far as I'm concerned) because otherwise no future president would be able to withstand the political firestorm of deporting them.  Looks like Trump doesn't care at all about political firestorms and that's just downright refreshing to observe.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »

Didn't know that, obumazombie, but I think divorces can be nasty and brutal and truly outrageous charges get thrown around all the time.  The media sure loves to investigate red herrings as long as they're hunting conservative hide (like allegations thrown at John Bolton by his ex of marital rape IIRC) BUT they can't be shamed into actually digging for the truth of stuff like hiding the criminal negligence of Obama, Clinton and Panetta when they left those Americans to die at the hands of Islamic terrorists and compounded it by LYING about the cause.  Which reminds me, has anyone ever found out WHERE and WHAT Obama was doing that fateful night?
It's impossible for me to believe anyone on either side of the aisle except Clinton could ever hope to follow in this guy's possibly criminal and definitely callous, reckless and ignorant footsteps. 

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:36 PM »
The sad thing is that it's probably Rove and/or the RNC feeding the media those stories.

That would not surprise me; you could include Krawhammer and O'Reilly on that list. Many of the O's guests are sickening.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2015, 07:36:06 PM »
I doubt Trump had all his books ghost written, for the simple reason that some of the titles have his name WITH another named collaborator.  However, the two books I'm reading of his were apparently written by him.

I don't know,  Eupher, civility hasn't gotten the Republican party very far.  Cruz, and I admire the hell out of him, btw, couldn't make those cowardly Senators we elected to defend the Constitution do anything except clutch their pearls and scold him hysterically for upsetting Obama and the Democrats.  Personally, I'd really like to see a Trump/Cruz ticket, or one with Fiorina on it, maybe Ben Carson.  I can't forget Rubio working with the Dems and other Republicans to grant defacto amnesty to illegals.  I heard his reasoning behind it and it is less than impressive.  I think he said something along the lines of we have to pass immigration reform (a pass to illegal entrants to this country as far as I'm concerned) because otherwise no future president would be able to withstand the political firestorm of deporting them.  Looks like Trump doesn't care at all about political firestorms and that's just downright refreshing to observe.

I've commented elsewhere on my opinions regarding Trump, therefore I won't go into them in detail here, but I certainly understand how a lot of pissed-off conservatives can look at Trump telling the ****tards in the majority gigs in Congress to pound sand up their asses. It does sound and look good to see that. And Rubio -- yeah, I'm afraid his Cuban angle revealed his true perspective on illegal immigration.

I just can't take Trump seriously. Never could. He's a sideshow entertainer with enough money in his pocket to tell all of 'em to **** off and there's not a damn thing they can say.

That doesn't spell president to me. But, I did take note of his book and while he needs my money like he needs Ivana, I am watching him carefully.

Regarding civility -- the problem isn't that there's too much of it or that it was misplaced, the problem is the backstabbing shitsticks in Boner and McCocknose that have told all of us that our votes were utterly wasted on them.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:40:58 PM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation
  • Every man is like the company he keeps
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2015, 06:47:01 AM »

Regarding civility -- the problem isn't that there's too much of it or that it was misplaced, the problem is the backstabbing shitsticks in Boner and McCocknose that have told all of us that our votes were utterly wasted on them.
This is what pushed me over the edge in Nov.
As I have said I have voted in every election since I was 18, this time I will vote third party or may even sit out. So it may get Hillary in, so what exactly is the difference between her and say Bush anyway? We will be screwed no matter with a raging RINO!
"Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
This is what pushed me over the edge in Nov.
As I have said I have voted in every election since I was 18, this time I will vote third party or may even sit out. So it may get Hillary in, so what exactly is the difference between her and say Bush anyway? We will be screwed no matter with a raging RINO!

Then we have an obligation to make sure Bush isn't the nominee. Bush may have the majority of the funding but money does not follow you and I into the voting booth. The media has decided Bush is our candidate but they don't follow us into the booth either. If we end up with ANY RINO, then we only have ourselves to blame. The establishment is using the same strategy they've used the last couple of cycles: sit back, watch us kill off our good, solid conservative candidates and break into angry little factions who refuse to support the "other" principled conservative because they beat the candidate you were supporting. And even though this candidate is about 250% times better than Bush or anyone the left will run, he's just so darn icky on this ONE issue. Half the base is working hard to keep this candidate in the game and the other half is pouting in the corner. In swoops the RINO with all of his money while the decent candidate, the one who shares 99.9% of our views, is broke and hanging on by the skin of his teeth. It's about this time half the pouters realize what's happening and reengage. By then it's too late.

The only time this strategy didn't work was when Reagan won. Considering how serious things are now, I hope we understand that coalescing around Rubio (if he's the last one standing) is better than being stomped on by Bush, that Walker or Cruz is better than supporting a 3rd party candidate, that even if you think Trump is (insert whatever your problem is here), if he keeps his word he's better than Bush by a mile. Trump needs to win over undecided conservatives and gain the trust of primary voters her aren't quite sure about him because he'll need their votes.

Right now Trump, Bush & Clinton are the whole focus of the media. They hover around the rich, famous & connected like a preteen girl chasing the latest pop idol. But other candidates are working hard building support using the same hard work & meet and greet that helped Sarah Palin win the Alaska governorship. For political junkies the primaries started before the 1st candidate declared but the majority in both parties aren't even paying attention beyond the headlines right now.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2015, 01:43:44 PM »
Who knows if Trump has the stuff to get elected.
What I do know, he has affected a large number of people many of whom are NOT political junkies.

Example; my wife has been talking to Real Estate Agents and bankers, when the subject of the economy comes up, it always gets around to the people running for president. They all agree, Trump has created the tone for 2016. I don't know what party these people are registered with but they do feel as we do about the country's position or lack thereof. Americans are tired of the idiots in Washington in both parties.

If Mitch (I'm really a democrat) McConnell and John (I hate conservatives) Boehner don't get the message, the republicans may elect a republican president but lose control of congress.

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2015, 02:21:03 PM »
Who knows if Trump has the stuff to get elected.
What I do know, he has affected a large number of people many of whom are NOT political junkies.

Example; my wife has been talking to Real Estate Agents and bankers, when the subject of the economy comes up, it always gets around to the people running for president. They all agree, Trump has created the tone for 2016. I don't know what party these people are registered with but they do feel as we do about the country's position or lack thereof. Americans are tired of the idiots in Washington in both parties.

If Mitch (I'm really a democrat) McConnell and John (I hate conservatives) Boehner don't get the message, the republicans may elect a republican president but lose control of congress.

If Tump becomes President, he will twist arms till they almost break like LBJ did. Bonehead and McC. would follow suit because they are weaklings. .

Offline libertybele

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
If Tump becomes President, he will twist arms till they almost break like LBJ did. Bonehead and McC. would follow suit because they are weaklings. .

Well, I'm not so sure that if Trump becomes president Boehner and McConnell will retain their seats.  I think eventually they will be forced out or voted out.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
Well, I'm not so sure that if Trump becomes president Boehner and McConnell will retain their seats.  I think eventually they will be forced out or voted out.

Damn, one can only hope.  The stupid is strong with those two assholes and their voters, that's for sure.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »

Why would you want a president that did that? Usually that means someone who won't compromise and is willing to act extra constitutionally. 0bama may not break arms but the result is the same. Johnson and his arrogance, bone breaking and micromanaging was responsible for the cluster **** Vietnam became and the Great Society which destroyed the black family. I have no use for anyone like that. I don't think Trump would act like a 3rd world dictator. What if something he wanted to do was against the will of the people but he was hell bent on doing it anyway? That near arm breaking instead of listening to the will of the people wouldn't be a good thing. Seriously, too many presidents have wielded power they don't have. I want a Constitutionalist not someone who will be Johnson or 0bama in the opposite direction.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
Why would you want a president that did that? Usually that means someone who won't compromise and is willing to act extra constitutionally. 0bama may not break arms but the result is the same. Johnson and his arrogance, bone breaking and micromanaging was responsible for the cluster **** Vietnam became and the Great Society which destroyed the black family. I have no use for anyone like that. I don't think Trump would act like a 3rd world dictator. What if something he wanted to do was against the will of the people but he was hell bent on doing it anyway? That near arm breaking instead of listening to the will of the people wouldn't be a good thing. Seriously, too many presidents have wielded power they don't have. I want a Constitutionalist not someone who will be Johnson or 0bama in the opposite direction.

Cindie

Most if not all politicians are power hungry ego maniacs. The term twisting of arms and breaking bones is CALLED a euphemism. Members of our own party namely Bonehead have punished those that do not agree or vote for his legislation. This is called politics and has been in effect for over a hundred years. I want a president that will follow the constitution on immigration, building a wall, make foreign governments pay for their security, bring back jobs, etc. If he has to twist a few arms, so be it and most Americans want the same. They are tired of the same old, same old...another euphemism.

If this government is not turned around pretty soon, we will default on our debts, people will lose faith in our currency, our morals will go further in the toilet and we will wind up in another war. Like Trump said, he want action rather than tone. Continuing on the same path we are on and you will not have to worry about the Constitution or the flag.