Author Topic: TobinS feels defeated (guess he just noticed)  (Read 1911 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
TobinS feels defeated (guess he just noticed)
« on: June 13, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »
Star Member Tobin S. (7,698 posts)

Ever have one of those days when you just feel defeated?

I graduated from college in December and have been unable to find a better job despite working really hard at it. At my current job, I work with a bunch of assholes. They are the kind of people that try to tear each other down in an attempt to make themselves feel superior. This morning, a couple of them thought it was funny that I had worked so hard and spent a lot of money on my education, but still haven't found a better job. Considering the source, it's not something that I'm taking to heart, but it still didn't make my day any brighter.

Out of over 50 employees, I am the only person working at my current employer who has a college education as far as I know. The owner of the company does not have a degree and neither does the general manager. I know how to make that company better from two different perspectives, but, apparently, they think I'm more valuable driving a truck for them. There's no climbing the ladder for me at that place, so I've had to look elsewhere.

To hell with all of them. I am going to get out of that place. It's just a matter of time.

TobinS, as I recall, you are fond of overalls. You JUST noticed you're defeated?

And like clockwork, like a bald, fat-legged moth to a dying flame...

fizzgig (22,957 posts)

8. i feel that way a lot

i just hit my mid-30s and i'm no where near where i thought i'd be at this age in terms of my job. i got my degree in journalism, worked as a reporter for five years and it just didn't turn out well. after that i decided that wasn't the life for me and now i help run a call center. there are days i feel like an absolute failure and it can be hard to shake. i haven't quite hit the ceiling, but, barring and unexpected resignation, it will be some time before i can advance any further.

all i can do is drop it a gear and push up the hill. i know you can do that and i wish you all the best.

Maybe you should try smoking a lot of weed, Fizz. Maybe that would help.

Oh, wait.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: TobinS feels defeated (guess he just noticed)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »
OK, so Toby got a degree in Music History, and after a few months on the job, he feels he can run the place better than the guys who started the business and run it profitably.

1) truck drivers don't get to make management decisions.
2) A degree does not grant you an automatic promotion
3) Feel free to quit and look for work again, you will discover the wonders of the Obama economy.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:54:29 PM »
fizzgig (22,957 posts)

8. i feel that way a lot

i just hit my mid-30s and i'm no where near where i thought i'd be at this age in terms of my job. i got my degree in journalism, worked as a reporter for five years and it just didn't turn out well.

It's a good thing you got out of the biz, fizz. DU is only big enough for one journo, and it ain't you.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:04:07 PM »
a degree in Music History,

Heh .... a degree in blow-off electives. :rofl:  Hey truck driver, what's this?

To hell with all of them. I am going to get out of that place.

Good for you.  Your AA in "getting stoned with the headphones on", should position you perfectly for numerous opportunities in the franchise food industry.

Doesn't that look like fun?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »
fizzgig (22,957 posts)

8. i feel that way a lot

i just hit my mid-30s and i'm no where near where i thought i'd be at this age in terms of my job. i got my degree in journalism, worked as a reporter for five years and it just didn't turn out well

Which, of course, had nothing to do with your inability to acquire job-related skills.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »

Hmmm... Starbucks. Seattle. Short haired, heavy set woman behind the wheel.

Wanna bet that's a Subaru?

:lmao:
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
That barista is making around $7 million a year, and just missed winning the Super Bowl by one yard.

So there's hope for DUmmy Tobin S., except for his mental illness.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »
Maybe you should try smoking a lot of weed, Fizz. Maybe that would help.

Oh, wait.

I'm really surprised thunderthighs fails to understand that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »
fizzgig (22,957 posts)

8. i feel that way a lot

i just hit my mid-30s and i'm no where near where i thought i'd be at this age in terms of my job. i got my degree in journalism, worked as a reporter for five years and it just didn't turn out well. after that i decided that wasn't the life for me and now i help run a call center. there are days i feel like an absolute failure and it can be hard to shake. i haven't quite hit the ceiling, but, barring and unexpected resignation, it will be some time before i can advance any further.

all i can do is drop it a gear and push up the hill. i know you can do that and i wish you all the best.

That is because you are an absolute failure. Guess what dummie? It only gets worse from here on. My advice to you is to jump off a tall bridge and see what happens next.

5 cents please.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
You know who else was defeated?

Kirk.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »
I'm really surprised thunderthighs fails to understand that.
[/quote

I would think an individual periodically showing up with her head shaved and often showing up hung-over, might have some influence on management decisions about her leadership potential.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 10:50:54 PM »
In DUmp terms, fizz has a dream job.

Steady minimum wage, with no drug testing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 10:51:22 PM »
I graduated from college in December and have been unable to find a better job despite working really hard at it. At my current job, I work with a bunch of assholes. They are the kind of people that try to tear each other down in an attempt to make themselves feel superior. This morning, a couple of them thought it was funny that I had worked so hard and spent a lot of money on my education, but still haven't found a better job.

Since no one else has leaped on this high hanging curve ball ... when did Tobin start working for DU? :rimshot:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »
Since no one else has leaped on this high hanging curve ball ... when did Tobin start working for DU? :rimshot:

That bends. ^5.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »

I wonder, if perhaps its not so much for DU, as for the clinton campaign on DU (splitting hairs there, but bear with me).

I suspect that clintonite DUmmies are more apt to throw their allies under the bus than your average garden variety DUmmy.

Could be he works with them.

The clintonite DUmmies are like regular garden variety DUmmies but with more 'asshole'.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »

Nolan Ryan, when his curve was on, couldn't throw a better one.  H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 05:43:51 AM »
I know how to make that company better from two different perspectives, but, apparently, they think I'm more valuable driving a truck for them. There's no climbing the ladder for me at that place, so I've had to look elsewhere.

Reminds me of a soldier that has just graduated PLDC (the first NCO leadership school we go to in the Army) and thinks that with his/her new found knowledge and insight into Army leadership he/she is going to change the entire Army because only he/she knows exactly the Army needs to make it run better because it's obvious to them (and only them) that they can run it better than the rest of us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »
Here's something they don't teach in college (because it's against their economic interests) and I'll give it to you for free so you don't have to take out a loan:

It's not about getting an education in what you want, it's about getting an education in what other people want.

Unless what you know is worth other people paying money for you to know it than what you know isn't worth other people paying for you to know it so you will be stuck paying for it yourself.

It seems so obvious I'm surprised I even have to say it...maybe that is an indication of just how stupid Tobin really is.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »
Hmmm... Starbucks. Seattle. Short haired, heavy set woman behind the wheel.

Wanna bet that's a Subaru?

:lmao:

"Big Bertha" on vay-cay?

Could be a Volvo.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »
I know how to make that company better from two different perspectives ... . There's no climbing the ladder for me at that place, so I've had to look elsewhere.

Reminds me of a soldier that has just graduated PLDC (the first NCO leadership school we go to in the Army) and thinks that with his/her new found knowledge and insight into Army leadership he/she is going to change the entire Army because only he/she knows exactly the Army needs to make it run better because it's obvious to them (and only them) that they can run it better than the rest of us.

H-5!

Somehow I'm guessing his, "mak(ing) that company better," would make it less- or un-profitable. Or maybe would entail violating multiple state or Federal regulations. Or just be utterly stupid.

... I've had to look elsewhere.

I hope he isn't expecting an invitation to their Good Riddance! party celebrating his exit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »
Here's something they don't teach in college (because it's against their economic interests) and I'll give it to you for free so you don't have to take out a loan:

It's not about getting an education in what you want, it's about getting an education in what other people want.

Unless what you know is worth other people paying money for you to know it than what you know isn't worth other people paying for you to know it so you will be stuck paying for it yourself.

It seems so obvious I'm surprised I even have to say it...maybe that is an indication of just how stupid Tobin really is.

H-5!

There's a place in a well-rounded liberal arts education (which has all but zero relationship to modern Liberalism/Progressivism!) for things such as Literature, Philosophy, and History, but when it comes to a career path, how many Literature, Philosophy, and History professors does the country need? As for the various and sundry Ethnic and Gender Studies majors, they should be eliminated. They're bogus and the country has a century's (or more!) surfeit of race- and gender-baiters!

When they die, race- and gender-baiters should be taken to taxidermists and put on display in museums as examples of "causes" gone crazy with paranoia and power. (H/T Rush)

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »

I'd refer to PFC Bradley Manning, but that little shitstain thought he was the ****ing Commander in Chief, with nothing more than Basic and AIT under his belt.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Big Dog

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »

Well said.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 11:11:21 AM »
Reminds me of a soldier that has just graduated PLDC (the first NCO leadership school .

PLDC?

You old fart.

Cut you in half and count the stripes.   :fuelfire: :tongue:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
H-5!

Somehow I'm guessing his, "mak(ing) that company better," would make it less- or un-profitable. Or maybe would entail violating multiple state or Federal regulations. Or just be utterly stupid.

I hope he isn't expecting an invitation to their Good Riddance! party celebrating his exit.

Probably something along the lines of the restaurant that used the business model "pay what you think it's worth" and lasted all of two weeks .
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer