Author Topic: Kirk wants to be the next begging Dummy in line  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Kirk wants to be the next begging Dummy in line
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:00:34 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026456661

Fri Apr 3, 2015, 05:30 PM
Star Member Systematic Chaos (8,553 posts)

The Memories Pizza owner couple ended up on Blaze today. (some personal whining)

What happens when you toot your horn publicly with a completely bigoted position?

They, of course, caught the sympathies of Mr. Glenn Beck and his Blaze multimedia empire who, in just one day, have raised over $260,000 for the owner and his wife, and which is expected to grow by an unknown amount before the timer runs out.

That, for anyone such as myself who barely scrapes by on disability, is going to represent a bare minumum of 20 years' pay. For those whose disability checks are far less than the roughly $1,200 I get, this could be closer to 30 years, and even possibly more!

http://www.discussionist.com/1015412695

Here's the Discussionist thread which has the Blaze segment the owners are on.

You gotta watch that video, even though it's The Blaze.

I'm toying with the idea of setting up a funding drive for my wife and I, once I finally go home from ten straight months away from home in hospitals and rehabs, if there are unmet needs once all of the assistance from various Medicaid programs settles. Never in my wildest dreams was I expecting even enough for a used rust bucket, or the funds and ability to leave Las Vegas forever, but what the hell?? Anyone got a shiny, new Volkswagen Jetta TDI with the upgraded stereo and options package they wanna send my way? Maybe enough cash left over after that to pay our rent on a one-bedroom apartment in a nicer part of Vegas, or perhaps just a cooler, greener city altogether, for oh, I dunno...maybe 25 or 30 years... for my wife and I?

Just what the hell is my point here? It's that even when you are in desperate need of help and want to ask for it, you see things like this and just shut down, thinking why bother...?

try it, lardass.

Offline Mary Ann

Re: Kirk wants to be the next begging Dummy in line
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:48:59 PM »
Does the DUmbass realize that every nickel of the $850,000 that has been raised for the O'Connors (thus far) has been freely given? Every donor has a choice, and has decided to dig into his/her own pocket to help support this family, which has been unfairly targetted by the liberal brownshirts.

Meanwhille, Dumbass Systematic Chaos is being supported by taxpayers who have no choice about spending their hard-earned money on an ungrateful, lazy leech. And he has the nerve to whine that we aren't giving him enough of our hard-earned money.

Geez, I hate these people.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
It's that even when you are in desperate need of help and want to ask for it, you see things like this and just shut down, thinking why bother...?

You sat down on your fat ass, stuck out your hand, and gave up years ago, Kirk. 
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »
Does the DUmbass realize that every nickel of the $850,000 that has been raised for the O'Connors (thus far) has been freely given? Every donor has a choice, and has decided to dig into his/her own pocket to help support this family, which has been unfairly targetted by the liberal brownshirts.

Meanwhille, Dumbass Systematic Chaos is being supported by taxpayers who have no choice about spending their hard-earned money on an ungrateful, lazy leech. And he has the nerve to whine that we aren't giving him enough of our hard-earned money.

Well said. I invite Buzz the visiting DUmmy to defend the Las Vegas Leviathan.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »
Here is a clue Kirk,you mewling,self destructed idiots are viewed by hard working,decent citizens as useless parasites.
It would be an accurate assessment.

Decent and hard working citizens ambushed and attempted to be destroyed by revolting perverts and deviants are viewed as decent and hard working.

Useless slug.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »
Face it Kirk, these good folks are hard working, tax paying Americans worth defending.  You, on the other hand, are a useless parasite worth nothing.  But keep chasing your dreams on DU and I'm confident you will get what you deserve.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 11:05:31 PM »

You've hit very precisely why this character and so many other Libs & Progs are hysterically livid by the success of this GoFundMe account. They thought they had this business and couple isolated and devastated, and then tens of thousands of Americans trumped their ace.

Have any Libs/Progs yet demanded that the Feds shut down GoFundMe before the O'Connors get the $$ given them?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 11:09:02 PM »
It would look a lot like .......... this:

http://www.gofundme.com/Jdoyleiv

Hatred and Equality.

EDMOND, OK
$20 of $500k  :rotf:
Raised by 1 person in 10 hours  :rotf: :rotf:

Followed by this gobbletygook......

Where do I even begin... People struggling with poverty, hunger, and disease, yet bigots donate 500k to a anti-gay business. Makes my blood boil.... I'm gay. I am struggling with paying for school like millions of others, I'm struggling with day to day things including medicine and making sure my livelihood isn't destroyed, like millions of others. I lost my job a few months ago and have basically destroyed all my credit and lost my place/direction/optimism. Thank God for people who have been there for me and helped me back up on my feet. I have a long way to go. But maybe I can show that this page is just as powerful as some bigot, hate filled Go fund me for people who don't believe that I'm equal. I don't want 500k. I don't need anywhere near that to get back on my feet. But 500k dollars raised by assholes already for what? To reopen the pizza shop they used as a way to get people to donate.. That 500k could go to people like myself that need help, amazing organizations that need help that I volunteer with (Team Rubicon Etc).. It can also go to helping my amazing friends that are struggling to see a doctor and struggling to pay for hormones so they can finally just be themselves. It can go toward Jak'kay Monroe to help serve the Okc youth better.. It can go to Other Options to help them with their mission in OKC. It can go to buying the homeless clothes. It can go to all those teens out there that are comtemplating suicide because society deems them a "diseased" person. It can go to all those struggling to pay for their HIV medicines, their cancer treatments. It can go to the single father trying to get his kids provided for and keep his home going. It can go to other students like myself that don't qualify for student aid and are doing their best with the support they have and the waiting tables job to make ends meet while being swallowed alive in loans. It can go to the families who can't afford to put their grandparents in a nursing home where they are safe and not alone. It can go to the billions of people that don't have water in the world. It can go to helping those that lost everything in the tornados recently that are struggling to find a place to live and get on their feet. Let's raise 500k, not because I want to be rich, but we can donate a shit ton to actual causes, we can help people and have them share their stories about how much the money changed their life.. I mean, there is a Go Fund Me for almost everything, including some ass backwards people in IN. So why the hell not? And no worries, I'm not gonna go out and buy a Maserati. Ha. Or hell, if the goal is reached, why not build a pizza restaurant that caters to everyone and half the proceeds go to LGBT causes?...
  ::)  :bird:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
Oh my.

HassleCat (80 posts)    Fri Apr 3, 2015, 05:37 PM
in response to the Las Vegas Leviathan's original post

1. You Could, But...

You could try something like that, but it sounds like you don't qualify. You're not a right wing jerk who is mean to people. And you need to work out a whiny complaint about how you're being persecuted. It's not enough to merely be in need of help from your fellow human beings. Oh, no. You have to be persecuted for your strong sense of morality, and it has to be the kind of morality that wants an end to workers' comp, social security, food stamps, tolerance of any kind, etc.

Systematic Chaos (8,556 posts)    Fri Apr 3, 2015, 06:10 PM

3. Probably sometime around the beginning of May I'm gonna have to take my chances.

You summarized beautifully, exactly how I feel on this subject, and why I have never asked for any form of direct assistance!

But that day is gonna have to come. I will have to face the reality that I may get very little if for no other reason than I don't have that sort of "strong sense of morality" you describe. There's not much of a romantic feel to, "Mr. X here overate until he became very sick and now he's unable to work. The government provides him with enough to just barely exist on, but when that simply isn't enough then you, the reading public, are all he's got to turn to."

Who gives a damn when there are probably a good few hundred thousand guys and gals like me floating around out there?

seabeyond (99,560 posts)    Fri Apr 3, 2015, 06:22 PM

4. i understand an employee of blaze started it all. good ole repugs creating a cause to give a bigot

free $.

Systematic Chaos (8,556 posts)    Fri Apr 3, 2015, 09:02 PM

7. Yeah, and how many hundreds of thousands of NON-BIGOTS...

...including myself are in serious need? You know damn well that there's enough hidden in all those ******* banker bonuses to make a lot of downtrodden people feel very secure. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
When you've had your livelihood, property, and personal safety threatened for answering a hypothetical question raised by a self-serving "reporter" looking to further her own career, maybe you'll garner some sympathy.  Instead, you ate yourself into a diabetic state to the point where the butchers had to take one of your legs.

DUmmies like Kirk and BuzzClick want to make actions illegal before they even happen.  There was no wedding.  There were no inconvenienced parties.  These losers want to control what you're allowed to think and when, and they'll call you names if you don't agree with them.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 11:33:09 PM »
Dear DUmmies,

It seems like the most successful gofundme pages are started by altruistic people that are looking to help someone else that has been publicly injured by society, not through their own stupid life choices.

Conservatives are funny that way. We like to help those that need it through no fault of their, not because they created their own circumstances.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 11:44:47 PM »
Kirk should ask Pam Dawson for a blanket.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 11:51:41 PM »

4. i understand an employee of blaze started it all. good ole repugs creating a cause to give a bigot

free $.

DU folk really should get their factoids factual:

Memories Pizza is back thanx to Dana Loesch and the covenant community of Christ
Randy Pope
Examiner.com
4/3/15
They are back! The O'Connors have made the decision to re-open the doors of Memories Pizza in Walkerton, IN. Crystal O'Connor innocently answered a couple of questions presented to her by a reporter from ABC-57 out of South Bend a few days ago. The reporter and the anchor at ABC-57 twisted Crystal's answers into a story that blew up nationwide and even threatened to destroy the little family owned Memories Pizza shop. In the end the support of the covenant community of Christ prevailed and Kevin O'Connor told Dana Loesch yesterday that Memories Pizza will open it's doors in Walkerton once again.

After ABC-57 manufactured a story of bigotry and hatred against Memories Pizza the homosexual lobby went to work trashing the store's rating on Yelp and Facebook. They were tying up the phone lines, placing fake orders, deriding the family, and even threatening their lives, safety, and property. In an on air interview with Dana Loesch Kevin O'Connor said, “there was so much negativity it just...it beats you down to nothing...”

But then the covenant community of Christ jumped into action. There were Facebook campaigns to counteract the negative ratings on the Memories Pizza Facebook page. Yelp sought to remove the unwarranted attacks in their rating system. The folks at the Dana Loesch show even set up a gofundme page to raise money to, “help the family stave off the burdensome cost of having the media parked out front, activists tearing them down, and no customers coming in.” ABC-57 didn't count on the alternative media coming to the rescue of their unsuspecting victim.

While Dana Loesch may have had one or more articles published in The Blaze, she works at radio station KFTK (97.1) in St. Louis.

I'm guessing the news that Memories Pizza will be reopening won't exactly be unwelcome here. Maybe it will find its over to DU, :naughty: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 11:54:45 PM »

free $.
Jealous much?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 12:17:02 AM »
Why did the pizza fund stop? Money was still rolling in, thousands of dollars per hour.

If it's a time limit imposed on accounts by gofundme, then a new account needs to be started up, at least for a few hours to hit a million.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
As Strange Luck would have it, there is a perpetual beggar from the DUmp looking for someone to go fund him.

http://www.gofundme.com/bowz8g

And since that isn't working well after 8 months, he's fishing too.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=43894233

The Straight Story on that ? Why work when you can just panhandle in the comfort of your own home.

Give to your brother in need you tight ass DUmmies. Give till it hurts. 

Oh and Todd,  :loser:  Get your nuts clipped son. 5 kids with 3 different women is enough.

Scamming DUmmies for 9 or more years. That's a professional.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2880482

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 12:56:50 AM »
DUmmy Straight Story had a begging session at the DUmp a few years ago with the objective being to take his ex-wife on a skydiving excursion.

I don't think they ever got off the ground.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 02:03:56 AM »
What is with these people losing body parts?  I have several relatives who are genuinely crazy, but at least they manage to keep all of their parts.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 03:30:56 AM »

Have any Libs/Progs yet demanded that the Feds shut down GoFundMe before the O'Connors get the $$ given them?

Close.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
H-5 98Z! Attempting to silence and suppress those who disagree with them is such a predictable Lib/Prog tactic! It works fairly well on university campuses for such Libs and Progs, but that misleads them into thinking it will work equally well in the real world. Some 25K-30K Americans just gave the Lib-Prog thugs a dose of reality. Not that the Lib-Prog thugs were paying attention.

Here is where Dana Loesch explains what the GoFundMe people are doing next. It doesn't explain the decision to close off their campaign. It exceeded their goal by another 300% and yesterday was Friday, and they may have wanted to get moving on getting the $$ to the O'Connors. >$1M would have been a very nice, glaring, blaring, symbol of the magnitude of America's rejection of the Libs'-Progs' thuggery. OTOH, Memories Pizza's reopening - evidently in time for the weekend - plus making the O'Connors financially whole kind of seals the victory over the thugs.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 09:23:49 AM »
You get what you earn Kirk.
You earned your misery and deserve every bit of it.

By the way fatass,you have used your wife for everything she has so don't whine on about never asking for help.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »
Man, how many primitives are there, panhandling?

The Straight Story primitive:

Geezuz.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
Man, how many primitives are there, panhandling?

The Straight Story primitive:

Geezuz.

$320 in eight months. Enough for one parachute jump with a rented chute.

stewert does better business than that.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
I did a bad thing.  We built our house in 1983, and I need a new roof.  Already.

Rather than go to the gofundme thing, or wish-a-dupe, I went to Lowe's who sent me a roofer, and Tuesday I will select either the shingle color or a raised seam metal roof, and they will fix it.

And I will pay for it.  The whole process seems so straight-forward.  Need roof.  Find roofer.  Pay roofer.

I wonder if the DUmmies would help with that third step.

I could use some folded hands photos or healing light
This too shall pass.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 08:13:07 PM »
I did a bad thing.  We built our house in 1983, and I need a new roof.  Already.

Rather than go to the gofundme thing, or wish-a-dupe, I went to Lowe's who sent me a roofer, and Tuesday I will select either the shingle color or a raised seam metal roof, and they will fix it.

And I will pay for it.  The whole process seems so straight-forward.  Need roof.  Find roofer.  Pay roofer.

I wonder if the DUmmies would help with that third step.

I could use some folded hands photos or healing light

Up twinkles !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.