Author Topic: Dread, Death, Doom, Gloom and a General Feeling of Poopiness  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: Dread, Death, Doom, Gloom and a General Feeling of Poopiness
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »
It ain't over til it's over.

I really believe the media is trying to play up teh Ooooobama to make conservatives stay home on election day. It's a mind game. We can't let them win without a fight.

Yeah, and the fact that they're weighing every poll wrong - they've been polling far more Democrats than Independents/Republicans, which makes no sense at all, with my PUMA friends running around and everything. They're an effort to suppress the base, as you say.

Even Zogby the Obama bot said yesterday this was not over by any means, and a week or so ago, he was presdicting a McCain EC landslide. The MSM polls are as corrupt as the MSM itself is, and ACORN just got caught again trying to cheat in Nevada (this time). If you can stem the fraud, McCain will win easily.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2008, 08:41:39 AM »
Here's what Obama needed to do tonight:  Convince the country that he was an utterly safe, conventional, centrist politician who may have leftward leanings but will do the right thing when the crunch comes.

Now, as the night went along, did you get the impression that Obama comes from the radical Left?  Did you sense that he funded Leftist causes to the tune of tens of millions of dollars?  Would you have guessed that he's pals with a guy who brags about bombing the Pentagon?  Would you have guessed that he helped underwrite raging anti-Semites?  Would you come away thinking, "Gee, he's proposing to transfer nearly a trillion dollars of wealth to third-world dictators through the UN"?

Nope.  McCain didn't want to go there.  So Obama comes off as just your average Center-Left politician.  Gonna raise your taxes a little, gonna negotiate reasonably with America's enemies; gonna rely on our very talented federal courts to fight terrorists and solve most of America's problems; gonna legalize millions of hard-working illegal immigrants.

McCain?  He comes off as Center-Right .. or maybe Center-Left ... but, either way, deeply respectful of Obama despite their policy quibbles.

Great.  Memo to McCain Campaign:  Someone is either a terrorist sympathizer or he isn't; someone is either disqualified as a terrorist sympathizer or he's qualified for public office.  You helped portray Obama as a clealy qualified presidential candidate who would fight terrorists.

If that's what the public thinks, good luck trying to win this thing.

With due respect, I think tonight was a disaster for our side.  I'm dumbfounded that no one else seems to think so.  Obama did everything he needed to do, McCain did nothing he needed to do.  What am I missing?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MmFkOTk5MTNhZjVjMmYzYzhlY2RiYmQzN2Y3ZGZjMTg=
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »
I would never imply you're an idiot and while I'm still voting against Obama I don't see McCain doing anything other than watering down Gov Palin.

Well, hopefully McCain can bring out Palin more to rally the base because at this rate, McCain sure as hell ain't.

I feel ya though, MSB.... it does look doomy and gloomy. The Obamatards are doing everything within their power (be it legal or illegal) to have their Lord and Savior win, but we have the silent majority on our side. We're not out there cranking out indoctrination videos on YouTube, and we might not wear T-shirts that say "McCain Palin 08" on it and subscribe to meaningless one line platitudes like "Hope" and "Change", but I have faith that come November 5th, it'll all be over and American values and morals will win out over a shiny glossy package with nothing inside.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin