Author Topic: Police say 'around 20' killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub  (Read 10353 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

BREAKING NEWS –  Authorities in Florida said at a news conference Sunday morning that “as many as 20 people died” in a shooting at an Orlando nightclub. The gunman was killed.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at least 42 people have been transported to area hospitals.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said officials are investigating the shooting as an “act of terrorism,” but it was unclear whether it was domestic or international terrorism, or if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Mina said officers were called to Pulse Orlando, a popular gay nightclub, at around 2 a.m. after reports of a shooting. He said officers were engaged in a gun battle outside the club before the suspect went back into the building where more shots were fired. He said the gunman then took several hostages.

About three hours later, Mina said officials made the decision to rescue the hostages in the club. He said SWAT officers exchanged fire with the gunman and killed him.

Mina said the suspect was found with some kind of assault rifle on the suspect along with a handgun and some kind of device on him. Officials stopped short of saying it was a bomb and were still investigating whether it was something real or a hoax device.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer credited law enforcement with saving more lives by their heroic efforts.

“Many were saved by the heroic efforts of the Orlando Police Department and Orange County Sheriff’s Office,” he said.

Orlando Police said a controlled explosion did take place, Mina said they used the sound as a diversion.

Officials said the next update will take place at 9 a.m. Police said local, state and federal agencies were investigating.

Witnesses in the club reported mass chaos after hearing several shots ring out inside the nightclub.

Pulse Orlando posted on its own Facebook page around 2 a.m.: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running." Just before 6 a.m., the club posted an update: "As soon as we have any information we will update everyone. Please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event. Thank you for your thoughts and love."

Mina Justice was outside the club early Sunday trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: "He's coming."

"The next text said: 'He has us, and he's in here with us,'" she said. "That was the last conversation."

Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

"I heard 20, 40, 50 shots," Alamo said. "The music stopped."

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around, 2 a.m., just before closing time.

"Everybody was drinking their last sip," he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth. A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots. He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.

"I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out," he said. "And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot."

The incident follows the fatal shooting late Friday of 22-year-old singer Christina Grimmie, who was killed after her concert in Orlando by a 27-year-old Florida man who later killed himself. Grimmie was a YouTube sensation and former contestant on "The Voice."

Police said there was no more threat to the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/police-say-around-20-killed-in-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub-more-than-40-taken-to-local-hospitals.html?intcmp=hpbt1
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: Police say 'around 20' killed in shooting at Orlando nightclub
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »

Only mentions on the dump are just as expected... this is still about guns according to the primitives. Geez...  what a nightmare. I guess the solution is to up our numbers and bring in more "refugees" and open the border more so as to appease them and not make them angrier. Oh wait,  gun contol, I forgot.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:51:15 AM »
Only mentions on the dump are just as expected... this is still about guns according to the primitives. Geez...  what a nightmare. I guess the solution is to up our numbers and bring in more "refugees" and open the border more so as to appease them and not make them angrier. Oh wait,  gun contol, I forgot.

Don't worry FZ, once DU folk catch on to the realities that gun control laws would not have had any effect and that the killer was (apparently) motivated by Islam, they'll move on to diversions claiming that Fundie Christians are just as bad, want to kill gays, enslave women, and set up a theocracy ... and other nonsense so lame TMN can lead the rhetorical charge.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:11:38 AM »
So any mention from the DUmp that the shooter was muslim and a registered demoNcrat?
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:12:19 AM »
From CBS News:

A U.S. intelligence source told CBS news senior investigative producer Pat Milton that Islamic terrorism is being investigated as a possible motive in the shooting due to several indicators including the style of the attack, which had similarities to the attacks in Paris in November 2015 and Brussels in March. ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 09:13:30 AM »
Don't worry FZ, once DU folk catch on to the realities that gun control laws would not have had any effect and that the killer was (apparently) motivated by Islam, they'll move on to diversions claiming that Fundie Christians are just as bad, want to kill gays, enslave women, and set up a theocracy ... and other nonsense so lame TMN can lead the rhetorical charge.

Too bad you didn't find someone to take your bet. Here it is already:

"Law enforcement sources told CBS News the gunman has been identified as Omar Mateen, a U.S. citizen from Port St. Lucie. Mateen was born to Afghan parents in 1986. CBS News reports Mateen has no apparent criminal history and that authorities are investigating whether he had ties to Islamic terrorism."

Would have passed any imaginable "comprehensive background check" ever pimped by the left.

source:  http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »
FZ, criminals have almost no problems getting guns, because they're criminals. They don't use legal means and sources. No gun control law will eliminate those sources. Gun control laws only hinder law-abiding citizens' self-defense and other legal usages.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Omar Mateen is registered to vote.
http://flvoters.com/by_number/1144/84524_omar_mir_seddique_mateen.html

Mateen is a D? Then the shooting is obviously Trump's fault! Because Trump exists!!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »
Now up to 50 casualties.  No differentiation yet as to 50 killed--yet.

ETA:  FNC is now saying 50 dead, 53 wounded.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
I'll give CBS News this much credit. Their headline for the article I linked and quoted above is, "Islamic terrorism tie eyed in Orlando gay bar shooting". They didn't euphemize the possible Islamic terrorism tie.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »

Pointing out the obvious, that's a lot of bullets fired by the killer! The dude obviously had a lot of ammo and was not effectively opposed for a really long time (= no club patron or employee was armed and trained in self-defense).

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »

It could go higher.

'Islamic extremist' Omar Mateen, 29, from Florida, shoots dead at least 50 at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 53 - before he is killed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »
The local imam (Orlando) was just spouting off a bunch of peaceable rhetoric, and his comments were pretty much calling for gun control as a solution.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 10:09:14 AM »
I'll give CBS News this much credit. Their headline for the article I linked and quoted above is, "Islamic terrorism tie eyed in Orlando gay bar shooting". They didn't euphemize the possible Islamic terrorism tie.

More obvious comments ...

Orlando gets a LOT of tourists. AKA soft targets, from terrorists' POV. Does FL law still forbid out-of-staters from carrying handguns? If so, a tourist hang-out would be a REALLY soft target!

Further evidence of planning by the killer ... Port St. Lucie (where the killer lived) is on the order of 80 miles from Orlando. Even with "perfect" traffic, it would have taken an hour and a half to two hours to get to that nightclub.

Stupid question time ... current reports are that the killer had a long gun (the MSM are saying "assault weapon", which is probably the usual ignorant nonsense bogeyman-invocation) and a handgun. The latter could be concealed fairly easily, but how was the long gun snuck into the club? Even if broken down and stashed into a duffel or backpack, wouldn't a heavily loaded bag have all but screamed, "Inspect me!"? Something's amiss or missing in this scenario as we "know" it.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
This attack will do what terrorism does best.  Keep people from going to popular places and in turn cause those businesses money.

Schools are letting out for the summer...people are beginning to plan vacations to that area...and now this.

I'd expect to see cancellations increase starting today or tomorrow.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
This attack will do what terrorism does best.  Keep people from going to popular places and in turn cause those businesses money.

Schools are letting out for the summer...people are beginning to plan vacations to that area...and now this.

I'd expect to see cancellations increase starting today or tomorrow.

Mrs. SVPete and I were in Orlando just 30 days ago. As unimpressive as MouseWorld's Magic Kingdom entry plaza security regime is, it would have prevented this killer from bringing his guns into the park. Whether he could have gotten onto transportation to a park from the parking area, I don't know (I didn't see what security measures they might have there).

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:15 AM »
Is it wrong that I read about this and just shrugged?

It's not that I'm cold, I'm just not surprised. The lbgt movement has spent  years attacking Christian and conservative beliefs while intentionally ignoring these same actions in the middle east. It's hard to feel sympathy knowing the large majority of  those victims would have loved nothing more than to see the same possibly happen to us .

Offline sargentodiaz

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
ISIS Cheers Orlando #Pulse Nightclub Massacre – Warns of More Attacks on Disbelievers

Says this ISIS Tweet identifies the killer.

http://16004-presscdn-0-50.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/dr-faisla-shaman-anzi-575x560.png

Story w/more Tweets @ http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/orlando-islamist-gay-killer-isis-twitter-feed-pictures-killer-pulse-hashtag/

Offline sargentodiaz

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 11:19:20 AM »
A Leftist Report on Orlando

If you don't think they are biased, check this out.

Approximately 20 people are dead inside Pulse nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the club. At least 42 people have been transported for medical treatment, he said.

Police have shot and killed the gunman, Mina told reporters.

Pulse is a gay bar, but without further information we don’t know if that was relevant in the gunman’s choice to target it. As usual in mass shooting situations, expect conflicting reports and changing casualty counts.

They simply cannot bring themselves to report the truth – that a Muslim killed and wounded a whole bunch of gays!

From http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/06/12/1537657/-Mass-shooting-in-Orlando-nightclub-shooter-dead

Offline sargentodiaz

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »
CBS Identifies Shooter

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/OmarMateen.png

A registered Democrat. No word about religious affiliation.

From http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/12/multiple-casualties-in-orlando-from-act-of-terrorism-at-night-club/

UPDATED: Death Toll Raised to 50, Injuries 53, Many Critical; Shooter Identified @ http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/06/12/terror-orlando-florida-dead-injured-jihad-attack-gay-nightclub/ w/video of shots being fired.

Offline sargentodiaz

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »
Omar Mateen

Reports indicate he had an advanced firearms permit that required an even more extensive background search.

This story @ http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/12/heres-what-we-know-about-the-suspected-orlando-club-shooter-omar-mateen/

Orlando Shooting Suspect Identified As Omar Mateen, Registered Democrat Of Afghan Descent With Firearm License @ http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-12/orlando-shooting-suspect-identified-omar-mateen-us-citizen

Offline sargentodiaz

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »
Sanders Claims Lack of Gun Control Responsible for Orlando Shooting

More proof the man has loose marbles in his skull? This simply cannot be made up.

“I believe that in this country, we should not be selling automatic weapons which are designed to kill people,” Sanders said Sunday. “We have got to do everything that we can on top of that to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of people who should not have them, criminals, people who are mentally ill.”

Story w/lots of links and videos @ http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/12/sanders-claims-he-knows-the-real-culprit-behind-orlando-shooting/

Offline cavegal

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »
Get ready for the massive gun grab theme now.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16