Author Topic: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive  (Read 14540 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
With the DUmmies, I think you need to explain, in a step-by-step manner, whether or not they’ve been foreclosed on:

1.  Do you remember paying your mortgage this month?  If yes, STOP, otherwise go to Step 2.
2.  Do you remember paying your mortgage last month?  If yes, STOP and go pay this month’s mortgage, otherwise go to Step 3.
3.  Do you remember the last time you paid your mortgage?  If yes, STOP and get your mortgage current, otherwise go to Step 4.
4.  Put out joint, put bag of cheetos on the floor and stand up.  Are you experiencing vertigo?  If yes, sit back down and rest prior to proceeding to Step 5, otherwise go to Step 5.
5.  Are you wearing pants?  If yes proceed to Step 6, otherwise put pants on before proceeding to Step 6.
6.  Open front door and step outside.  Carefully examine front door and exterior wall in the immediate vicinity of the front door.  Are there any official looking pieces of paper stapled to your front door or the exterior wall in the immediate vicinity of the front door?  If no, proceed off your front porch, down the stairs and up the sidewalk to the employment office and get a job ya hippie.  If yes, proceed to Step 7.
7.  Have a non-DUmmie adult, or a mature child, read the official looking pieces of paper.  If the phrase “Notice of Foreclosure” is on any of the pieces of paper you have been foreclosed on.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

:rotf:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline whiffleball

Re: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2008, 05:50:09 AM »
He's "5% disabled," apparently military.  Arthritis, bad back, hernia, something like that.

I have no idea how "disabled" is calculated; like for example, what percentage would deafness be?  10%?  20%?  33%?

Is "5% disabled" enough to get a military pension or social security disability?

Believe me, I don't know these things, not being damaged or disabled.

From my years with the VA, and things may have very well changed, one did not get compensation until reaching 20%.  A rating less than that gets the vet a SC in his chart which gives him priority over vets who are not SC.  A SC vet may get an appointment over a non SC vet.  A SC vet may be qualified for tertiary services over a SC vet.  A SC vet may not have to pay a copay for meds and visits while a non SC vet does.  It's also a ranking system for use if the system becomes completely overwhelmed.

A vet can apply for SC any time after ETS.  Upon receipt of the claim the vet is seen by the C&P doc who makes an examination and renders his findings to the board.  This same process takes place if a vet feels his/her SC condition has worsened through the years.  The process is rarely swift, but there have been accounts of it taking less than 4 months.