Author Topic: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive  (Read 14585 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: Looks like the Symbol guys home raffle went poof!
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008, 12:11:18 PM »
These dummies are so............................what's the word? 

DUMB!   

It's the democrats who have tried to put into place social engineering for people who had no business buying houses.  Nothing makes me any angrier than watching Chris Dodd and Barney Frank talk about getting us out of this mess when they are part of the cause. 

Hi5...same here!

Offline ScubaGuy

Re: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008, 12:13:20 PM »
And it starts to get even funnier.

One of the other threads
ArrowMan  (41 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-15-08 09:19 AM
Response to Original message
51. I am pretty confused by all of this, can someone shed some light here? Please.

Edited on Mon Dec-15-08 09:20 AM by ArrowMan
Others, though, are finding creative ways around the rules. Julie Sigwart, a Web designer, is holding what she calls a “skills contest” to give away her six-bedroom, four-bathroom house with ocean views in Maui, which she has been trying to sell since last October.

As in the raffle for Ms. Crawford and Mr. Kelly’s home, she will charge a $100 entry fee, but participants will have to write an essay — the theme is “Aloha, what does it mean to you?” — which will be judged by a group of “prominent members of the community,” she said. (The judges have yet to be finalized.) Because the contest isn’t a game of chance, state approval is not required, and teaming with a nonprofit group isn’t necessary.

Ms. Sigwart has wanted to downsize for more than a year, and has repeatedly marked her house down, from $729,000 to $600,000. But the market in her area is terrible; she recently attended an open house in a nearby neighborhood and was the only person there. After a contract on her house fell through in August, her husband suggested the contest, and she created a Web site for it this week. Asked when she hopes to begin the contest and declare a winner, she replied, “As soon as possible on both counts.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/garden/25raffle.html?...

symbolman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-15-08 10:05 AM
Response to Reply #51
52. I'll answer this one, before the BULLSHIT gets too thick

Edited on Mon Dec-15-08 10:08 AM by symbolman
That home is GONE. Now OWNED by the bank. Auctioned OFF on the steps of the courthouse last FRIDAY. All monies have been returned. It was a last ditch effort to get the house into someone's hands should enough people have entered. Enough DIDN'T.

We're now Broke and Homeless.

The HOUSE is WORTH ZERO now. Get it? ALL of my wife's LIFE SAVINGS ARE GONE. GET IT?

And We are BUSY trying to find a place to live and not starve.

I haven't slept for two days.

If you are trying to slander me or create some bad impression it probably won't work, too many people know my history here, that I've spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting Bush, and have helped other people at the same time.

Don't like that photo of me, but think my wife and child look beautiful.

Starving in Hawaii is no different than anywhere else, only warmer.

Enough for you?

UNDERSTAND NOW?

Good, I've got a few lives to save, and being crippled on top of it doesn't help.

Thanks for EVERYONE who's helping us, you have my heartfelt gratitude for the rest of my life. I have to go now, sorry if I seem terse of this kind of Obvious slam really pisses me off.

And he's a cripple too?
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »
And it starts to get even funnier.

One of the other threads
And he's a cripple too?

He's "5% disabled," apparently military.  Arthritis, bad back, hernia, something like that.

I have no idea how "disabled" is calculated; like for example, what percentage would deafness be?  10%?  20%?  33%?

Is "5% disabled" enough to get a military pension or social security disability?

Believe me, I don't know these things, not being damaged or disabled.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
The lesson here is: Do not question the almighty Symbolman!  Everything he posts is the Allah's honest truth.  He has been screwed over by the Bush administration, the BFEE, the Tri-Lateral commission, and every other organization under the sun.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2008, 12:48:30 PM »
ArrowMan (41 posts)      Mon Dec-15-08 01:05 PM
Response to Reply #52

53. I'm not trying to slam you, I am trying to fugure out the auction thing.

I did, however, send you money once before, quite a bit of money, in order for you to go to the Networks to see why none of them were following John Edwards. And I never heard anything about it since. What happened with that project? Also, I know of at least one other instance in which you solicited money from DU users. I'm also sorry about you being crippled. I didn't know about that either.

supernova  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-15-08 01:17 PM
Response to Reply #53

55. You're really not helping here

It's a sad thing to kick a man and his family when they are down.

Go play scrooge somewhere else.

Oh my.

And then up earlier in the bonfire, Doug's ex-wife is boasting not about herself sending a contribution, but about contacting various web-sites to raise contributions.

The usual DUmmie say, other people do.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-13-08 04:24 PM

7. Sent to the CA Greens. And going through my address book.

Don't panic. Let's just get to work.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-13-08 04:26 PM

8. Has anyone contacted Mike Malloy or Thom?

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-13-08 04:31 PM

9. Sent to Michael Moore.

I'm confused; I thought Thom Hartmann died a few months ago.

Or perhaps that was Pete Camejo.  I always get them mixed up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2008, 12:56:45 PM »
The lesson here is: Do not question the almighty Symbolman!  Everything he posts is the Allah's honest truth.  He has been screwed over by the Bush administration, the BFEE, the Tri-Lateral commission, and every other organization under the sun.
Pretty much; apart from one, due to a scheduling error symbolman was busy being taken from behind by an Illuminati when the Bilderberg representative showed up. :(

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
He's "5% disabled," apparently military.  Arthritis, bad back, hernia, something like that.

I have no idea how "disabled" is calculated; like for example, what percentage would deafness be?  10%?  20%?  33%?

Is "5% disabled" enough to get a military pension or social security disability?

Shit, Frank. 5% disabled in the mlitary could mean he has a slight hearing loss. A good friend on mine retired before 9/11, spent his whole military career in the Scouts, never injured, never saw combat, and has 85% diability. (Mostly knees, back, and hearing loss). Calling yourself crippled with 5% diability is just a way to bilk others out of money.

It's BULLSHIT.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »
[Mark Crispin Miller] Two heroes are now homeless
December 13th, 2008
Micheal Stinson–a/k/a Symbolman–and Julie Sigwart, the couple behind
Take Back the Media, are now homeless. Like millions of their fellow citizens, they
lately had the hideous experience of watching as their house was auctioned off:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389×4641233#4641240

Although they’re not people of means (obviously), over the years they’ve spent at
least $200,000 on their work against the Bush regime
; and that work has been
invaluable. It was they, for instance, who first interviewed Don Siegelman, on
video, about the theft of his re-election in 2002; and they’ve done lots more in
the same bold investigative spirit (much of it with a certain piercing humor).
So if there’s any way to help them out, even if it’s just by helping spread the
word, please do so.

MCM

So, these two DUmmies have blown $200,000 of other people's money on what, exactly?

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »
symbolman  (1000+ posts)        Sat Dec-13-08 09:56 AM
Response to Reply #92
100. nothing to do with taxes
 has to do with them wanting $35 thousand dollars TODAY (Yesterday), telling us that if we paid the next three months mortgage without fail, that they'd do a workout, sort of refinance, and we'd be fine, back in the saddle, and they told us not to WORRY, there was no action as far as auctioning the property off, they were going to send papers.

a Lie. they never did, think "Bait and Switch", think my wife, a realtor who's versed in this, lawyers hanging up, while some prick said that we couldn't talk to his supervisor and "Is there anything Else I can HELP you with.." WHILE the auction is going on at that MOMENT.

They NEVER notified us of the auction, they LIED. It was a sleazy scam and now we're SCREWED.

And it has nothing to do with Taxes in the least.

SOrry, I can't go on about it..

But I would like to THANK everyone for their generosity, you're all in our hearts.

I'm broken, can't even keep going here, sorry. But still grateful for my friends trying to get me beyond at least this much of the HUGE hump.

Gotta go lay down, haven't sleep, may not for a while.

Love to all, can't get over this sleazy rip off by these asshats.... sorry.. can't maintain right now.

You know I learned the hard way to never believe what the mortgage company says they sent me. You have to keep in contact with them and keep aggravating them if you have not received papers they say they sent,document every conversation get names of every person you speak with and keep on them! It sounds like he just kind of blew off the whole thing...the last thing these banks want to do right now is foreclose...they are bending over backward to have that not happen!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »
So, these two DUmmies have blown $200,000 of other people's money on what, exactly?

That's been a cause for speculation for some time now.

The symbolic primitive for years has alleged to spend "$200,000" working against the Republicans.

But he's never been more specific than that.

Better had he spent "$200,000" on the mortgage.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »

Hosting a website basing Bush.  Traveling all over the country to bash Bush.  That should have been tax deductible in Symbolman's feeble mind.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »
Interviewing a corrupt state Governor who is currently in prison. Though to be fair that may yet become a series of documentaries.  :-)

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
Hosting a website basing Bush.  Traveling all over the country to bash Bush.  That should have been tax deductible in Symbolman's feeble mind.

Tax deductible?  Hell, he probably feels it should have been taxpayer funded.   :lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
Interviewing a corrupt state Governor who is currently in prison. Though to be fair that may yet become a series of documentaries.  :-)

Which only about 5,000 people will ever see.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »
How can ya not know your house is bein foreclosed on? How does your house just get sold out from under ya without knowin it's gonna happen? Damn dude I think I'd been payin more attention to my own biz than fightin Bush....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
How can ya not know your house is bein foreclosed on? How does your house just get sold out from under ya without knowin it's gonna happen? Damn dude I think I'd been payin more attention to my own biz than fightin Bush....

Yeah, but that would require personal responsibility, and we know how good the DUmmies are at that, Ree.

Chimpeachment trumps personal responsibility to the DUmmies.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2008, 01:41:09 PM »

No, that requires at least 30%.  5% is basically something like some loss of range of motion in one joint, or even the normal effects of aging if it occurred during service.  It basically entitles you to VA treatment for the condition (which is not considered at that level to interfere with major life activities at all) and that's about it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:11 PM »
No, that requires at least 30%.  5% is basically something like some loss of range of motion in one joint, or even the normal effects of aging if it occurred during service.  It basically entitles you to VA treatment for the condition (which is not considered at that level to interfere with major life activities at all) and that's about it.

Okay, I wondered.

That "5% disabled" figure by the way comes from one of BamaMoose's threads about the cymbals primitive; a judge in Alabama describing the cymbals primitive as "5% disabled."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
The fact that he would have even dragged such a trivial and pathetic claim into his case in a futile attempt to evade his responsibilities, however, is entirely consistent with everything else he's shown us about his moral fibre.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »
That's been a cause for speculation for some time now.

The symbolic primitive for years has alleged to spend "$200,000" working against the Republicans.

But he's never been more specific than that.

Better had he spent "$200,000" on the mortgage.

Looking at his 'web-site'...hell Mine looks better, and I am not a 'computer web-design' dude. Only 9 blog entries, and most of those are cut and paste.

$200,000 my ass.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »
Yeah, but that would require personal responsibility, and we know how good the DUmmies are at that, Ree.

Chimpeachment trumps personal responsibility to the DUmmies.
Call me crazy, but I just cant wrap my brain around spendin 600,000 on a house...Especially if ya don't have a full time job("get Bush") ain't a job(it's a "pie in the sky" hobby)
I still can't see spendin that for a house unless I was makin 300,000+ a year and knew I wouldn't lose my job.........
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »
Okay, I wondered.

That "5% disabled" figure by the way comes from one of BamaMoose's threads about the cymbals primitive; a judge in Alabama describing the cymbals primitive as "5% disabled."

I think they started factoring in sheer stupidity a few years back when determining stuff like that.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
Shit, Frank. 5% disabled in the mlitary could mean he has a slight hearing loss. A good friend on mine retired before 9/11, spent his whole military career in the Scouts, never injured, never saw combat, and has 85% diability. (Mostly knees, back, and hearing loss). Calling yourself crippled with 5% diability is just a way to bilk others out of money.

It's BULLSHIT.

They offered my wife 50% disability when she seperated because of her shin splints.  She told them to get stuffed and to give the money to someone who NEEDED it.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline rich_t

• TANSTAAFL
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
They offered my wife 50% disability when she seperated because of her shin splints.  She told them to get stuffed and to give the money to someone who NEEDED it.

50% for shin splints?  Wow.
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." --Norman Thomas, 1944

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2008, 08:55:52 PM »

With the DUmmies, I think you need to explain, in a step-by-step manner, whether or not they’ve been foreclosed on:

1.  Do you remember paying your mortgage this month?  If yes, STOP, otherwise go to Step 2.
2.  Do you remember paying your mortgage last month?  If yes, STOP and go pay this month’s mortgage, otherwise go to Step 3.
3.  Do you remember the last time you paid your mortgage?  If yes, STOP and get your mortgage current, otherwise go to Step 4.
4.  Put out joint, put bag of cheetos on the floor and stand up.  Are you experiencing vertigo?  If yes, sit back down and rest prior to proceeding to Step 5, otherwise go to Step 5.
5.  Are you wearing pants?  If yes proceed to Step 6, otherwise put pants on before proceeding to Step 6.
6.  Open front door and step outside.  Carefully examine front door and exterior wall in the immediate vicinity of the front door.  Are there any official looking pieces of paper stapled to your front door or the exterior wall in the immediate vicinity of the front door?  If no, proceed off your front porch, down the stairs and up the sidewalk to the employment office and get a job ya hippie.  If yes, proceed to Step 7.
7.  Have a non-DUmmie adult, or a mature child, read the official looking pieces of paper.  If the phrase “Notice of Foreclosure” is on any of the pieces of paper you have been foreclosed on.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.