Author Topic: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive  (Read 14569 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: symbolman primitive joins the bobbling primitive
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »
This is absolutely the epitome of the DUmp.

Some jackhole wastes almost a quarter of a million dollars on STUPID hack-kneed amateur political videos on his frigging digital video cam and ignores his real life responsibilities to his family and his kid and then when his idiocy catches up to him blames EVERYBODY under the sun but his own asshole self for his woes and then cries for a handout.

Let's not even discuss buying a 600,000$ home when you are a self employed penniless a-hole.

**** him in the ear.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:28:06 PM by asdf2231 »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »
1776Forever  (1000+ posts)
Fri Dec-12-08 07:53 PM

There were no full time jobs in Florida for the last 2 years

:orly:

Florida Careerbuilder Jobs -  14,711 jobs found

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »
These people are beyond belief stupid,just plain dumbass stupid.

Lurking DUmmies I know I am wasting time but can`t you see that he is playing on your own idiocy...he isn`t one of you,he is smart enough to come up with a scam and play you for the fools you are.

Good God will you all open your eyes to reality for a change instead of the life sucks mentality you have so ingrained into your pitiful souls and minds.

Incredible. :mental:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
I'm still astounded that someone within two months of 56 years old can be so, well, childish.  I was always under the impression that age brought maturity.

Man.

In case anyone's forgotten, the cymbals-clanging primitive, "symbolman," a veteran, once had to have an operation done, and ostensibly he was covered under some sort of veterans' insurance.

The operation had to be done at a veterans' hospital on Oahu.

To get from the island where the cymbals-clanging primitive lives, to Oahu, one has to fly.

The cymbals-clanging primitive was bent out of shape when he learned this government-paid flight wasn't first-class.  And then he was further bent out of shape when the government wouldn't also fly his wife and heir to be with him.

This almost-56-years-old primitive has the emotional maturity of an 8-year-old.

Man.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »
I'm still astounded that someone within two months of 56 years old can be so, well, childish.  I was always under the impression that age brought maturity.

Man.

In case anyone's forgotten, the cymbals-clanging primitive, "symbolman," a veteran, once had to have an operation done, and ostensibly he was covered under some sort of veterans' insurance.

The operation had to be done at a veterans' hospital on Oahu.

To get from the island where the cymbals-clanging primitive lives, to Oahu, one has to fly.

The cymbals-clanging primitive was bent out of shape when he learned this government-paid flight wasn't first-class.  And then he was further bent out of shape when the government wouldn't also fly his wife and heir to be with him.

This almost-56-years-old primitive has the emotional maturity of an 8-year-old.

Man.

Is there a link to that story, or is that contained in the most current thread, Frank?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »
Is there a link to that story, or is that contained in the most current thread, Frank?

All I can recall is that it took place when we all were still over at our old home, and I posted that bonfire there.  Of course, our old home got remodelled, and all's lost.

I think, perhaps about 1.5-2 years ago now?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
All I can recall is that it took place when we all were still over at our old home, and I posted that bonfire there.  Of course, our old home got remodelled, and all's lost.

I think, perhaps about 1.5-2 years ago now?

I'll have to do a little DUmpster diving and find that thread, now that you've piqued my curiosity.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
If the house is sold, and he is still doing the lottery on it, shouldn't the Maui DA be interested in this?

He took down the lottery site yesterday.  Don't know what kind of response he got out of it, but will be interested to see if anyone who entered has any problem getting their money back.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
Im assuming the Maui house is a second property and unless it changed ownership it would be an asset the bank could call to pay for the first property that is in foreclosure. Hiding it would be fraud and giving it away when it could be used to pay debt would be illegal as well. Moreoever, holding a raffle and not making good on the terms is a federal offense called wire-fraud.

Of course this begs the why have 2 mortgages when you seem unable to pay for 1 and why not sell the second to pay for the first and reduce monthly overhead?

But such things are trifling when it comes to blaming Bush...the first moral imperative in any liberal world free of personal responsibility. Odds are this is another fraudulent front to bilk more money through sympathy donations after the raffle has run its course as well as provide cover for why the pay-off on the raffle will never come due.

I have had my share of troubles.  I could go on forever on the stupid i did in 2007 (which is not as bad as the stupid the voters did in 2008, but I digress)  but I have never put my hand out for a nickel to you people.   I did not have two homes now in foreclosure, and I am not in danger of having to sleep outdoors because of it.   Of course, sleeping outdoors in Portland in December is not quite the same thing as sleeping outdoors in Maui in December.    It is snowing here today.    Which I don't believe to be the case on Maui.

Anyway, its not Bushs fault I am in the fix I am in.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »
LibertyLover  (1000+ posts)      Fri Dec-12-08 05:58 PM
Response to Original message
11. No, mine is being auctioned off on Tuesday
 I am hoping to file for bankruptcy on Saturday and forstall the sale, at least for the time being. I am so sorry to hear that. All the best to you and your family. 

Federal court offices are not open on Saturdays and Sundays, Brainiac.  Of course you've probably figured that out by now!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 08:19:57 PM »
Im assuming the Maui house is a second property and unless it changed ownership it would be an asset the bank could call to pay for the first property that is in foreclosure. Hiding it would be fraud and giving it away when it could be used to pay debt would be illegal as well. Moreoever, holding a raffle and not making good on the terms is a federal offense called wire-fraud.

Of course this begs the why have 2 mortgages when you seem unable to pay for 1 and why not sell the second to pay for the first and reduce monthly overhead?

But such things are trifling when it comes to blaming Bush...the first moral imperative in any liberal world free of personal responsibility. Odds are this is another fraudulent front to bilk more money through sympathy donations after the raffle has run its course as well as provide cover for why the pay-off on the raffle will never come due.

The assessment data on the house indicates that it is their primary residence (homestead exemption on their taxes) and I've never seen any indication that his wife owns any other properties.  Note that I said his wife, as his name is apparently not on the deed.  After doing a little searching on the internet, it appears that symbolman is quite the leech on the women in his life.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
I'll have to do a little DUmpster diving and find that thread, now that you've piqued my curiosity.

I found it Ralph.

Speaking of SICKO, I'm due for an Operation tomorow morning (CHEAP INSURANCE) and a little scared.

symbolman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jun-14-07 08:33 AM
Original message
Speaking of SICKO, I'm due for an Operation tomorow morning (CHEAP INSURANCE) and a little scared.

If something happens it was nice knowing you all...

Kick that BASTARD BUSH OUT, even if you have to do it without me. Lord Knows, I've tried my best all these years at Takebackthemedia.com - as some of you know, maybe not the Newbies, but the DU Elders..

Forced to fly to another Island to get cut on (Speaking of SICKO - CHEAP Insurance) and while they SAY it's not a major operation, they'll still knock me out, then wheel me to the curb when I wake up, where hopefully a cab will take me to the Airport, and I'll get on a Plane, and make it HOME. With any Luck I won't end up at DOG'S Office, the Bounty Hunter, instead of in a seat on the plane :)

They told me it's no BIG DEAL to get on a Plane the very same day you've been operated on, no chance of Blood Clots since we'll be lower than 10,000 feet, and it's a short trip.

My wife is unable to afford the trip over with me, and insurance, while they usually pay for a care-giver (A Spouse, and my doctor requested it), they won't budge. So I'm On My Own for the whole day. I've had a couple of instances where they've had to knock me out for a procedure, and from what I recall, I even DROVE HOME right after I woke up (and said what I always say, a cliche, but I can't help it, "WILL SOMEONE ANSWER THAT GODDAM PHONE?!), and of course I SHOULD NOT HAVE, and MANY People don't recall WHERE they've been or WHAT they've done under these circumstances for 12 to 24 Hours.

So this seems NUTS to me.

I personally think it's RUDE to make a person fly to an operation, get knocked out, then SOMEHOW make their way back to ANOTHER ISLAND in Hawaii, but with the State Insurance I have, there seems to be no other option. My wife GRILLED the hell out of them, trying to wheedle a ticker for her to accompany me, asking it the CAB DRIVER was RESPONSIBLE for my BODY after the Operation, if THEY released me.. but they Still refused to budge.

Which I thought was a good point :)

I worked in a Veteran's Hospital after 'Nam, and I know for a fact that they have contracts with the airlines, and One More Person ain't gonna break the bank. More like unused minutes on your cell phone plan.

I recall the old days, when I was a kid, and someone would do in for a procedure, and they'd KEEP THEM just to be SURE they didn't hemmorage to death at the curb, but I suppose those days are GONE, eh?

Anyone want to lay some horror stories on me before I go in? It would make me feel better.. And if you want to show up at the Airport in Honolulu on Friday evening, I'll be the Drooly Guy in the wheelchair in the corner :)

Wish me luck, and like it said, if they knick the wrong artery or nerve, it was NICE Knowing all of you :)

symbolman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jun-17-07 04:44 AM
Response to Original message
139. I've been resting and sort of embarrased to post

Having been DUPED by my Primary care guy.. Not Duped so much as SCREWED.

My PPCP sent me there to have a dual Inguinal Hernia repair, I'd been to the emergency room three days before for some pain shots as this was killing me.. basically this SICKO Doc has been letting me live with this pain for nearly a Year now and I was GLAD that I was to be cut open and Patched, even with the stupid travel arrangements, and no wife allowed.

So All was fine with the flight there, they called my name, first on the plane, met a cool surfer dude who's 12 year old son flies all over the planet, a young WaterMan. Got off the plane, scored a taxi, made it to the BIG, Wonderful PRO Health car Day Surgery center and checked my valuables and was led to a bed. Got all dressed in the Slippers, backless smock, hairnet, laid down to watch TV while they took my stats. All Clean, all PRO.

THEN I find out that I was Supposed to report to the Surgeon's office at 9:30, but I'd been told to Check into the Hospital, which I did. Now as a patient of the Hospital they had to have a guy lead me over to the Surgeon's office, since they were now responsible for my body. So I limped over there, with a pal to meet my "new best friend".

The Surgeon came in, a very cool guy, checked me out for hernia in both channels, then told me that there was ONLY a SMALL start of one in the left side, that he could do the operation BUT I really didn't need it, and it would NOT lead to any Pain reduction.. why?

BECAUSE I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Remember, this has been going on for a YEAR NOW. And for a doc to even take a year to find out it was a Hernia is RIDICULOUS. The test takes ONE MINUTE and is SIMPLE.

He said that IF I was to have the hernia procedure that I'd need two or three days to recover there. I said, "They've set me up to fly out this afternoon as soon as you are done." He grabbed his head! And said, "PLEASE don't tell me someone told you that!"

"Yeah, I thought that was nuts too.." I'd come with the loose fitting clothes I'd worn for the day and nothing else, not even a toothbrush, and no WIFE of course - and no place to STAY.

So I told the Surgeon about my PPCP, "Doctor XXXX is Not a Very Good Doctor.." He'd get in trouble if he dissed another doctor, but I could tell from the look on his face that he was totally disgusted by what's been happening to me. He told me, "Okay, here's the deal, You go back to your doctor, tell him to get you a Urologist, and I will deal with the Urologist and together we'll take care of this problem.." Cutting my PPCP out of the picture I guess, at least I'm hoping..

I don't want to go into details, but if anyone else is suffering from this I might as well bring it up, if you're a male there's a very good chance that it can happen to you, even if it doesn't affect you - he said that I have a severe case of Varioceles. (Those that feel like they want to, can look it up..it's not pretty, but I will tell you this, it's VERY PAINFUL.) I've been suffering from fluid (blood) retention in the gut and lower nether region, and all that weight (I'm basically a thin guy) has been pushing down in that part of my body, on nerve bundles, and against my bladder, nerves to the lower back, hip, thigh and whatever else gets crowded.. all I know is it HURTS like hell, and I was actually Looking FORWARD to the Hernia procedure, would have been a LOT Simpler.

I shined on the hernia operation, as it made no sense. No use getting cut if you don't really need to, and he understood. Mind you I got to hear this and make this decision after two sleepless nights and no food for three days, not to mention the angst of a first operation, and then realising that my bozo PPCP was/is completely INEPT.

Thank god I don't have a tumor, I might had died by now. (The only problem is, that many men get a form of varioceles in their lives, but if you get them enraged like I have AFTER 40, and I'm 54, they usually indicate a malignant tumor somewhere...keep your fingers crossed.)

So it ain't over. But I know more, and I'm still here. At least the Surgeon is going to bat for me. But he DID give me a look I don't like seeing in a doctor, THAT LOOK. I used to take care of those who were on the way out, and I'm sure as hell hoping it wasn't the "look" I thought I saw.. hoping it was a "God this operation coming up on this guy is going to be a mess, a real job, but I can swing it.." LOOK.

Enough about this, don't want to turn this into a Lenny Bruce "Not funny anymore" scene as he reads his Court papers to the audience instead of telling Jokes :)

I had some thinking to do this past few days, and resting, so I apologise for not getting back to you fine folks fast enough, sorry. What should have been a breeze in some ways may actually be a nightmare, but I'm gonna stay positive. I've got a doc that knows his shit, and plenty of folks here that were pulling for me, and that's a true blessing, given the state of the Uninsured health care these days. In some small way I can see the horror that Andy must have felt, and thank god so many came to bat for him, he was right on the Health Care scene as well, the guy was right on so many counts.

And now Michael Moore is pushing what Andy was saying all along, and many of us are feeling now, Health Care is a ******* JOKE in this country. God Bless Andy, Michael Moore, and the whole LOT OF YOU :)

Now I'm going to lay down again, and try not to spontaneously COMBUST over this shit, until the doc's office opens on Monday, then go in there and have us both taken to the emergency room.. to REMOVE my Number 9 Inch BOOT FROM HIS ASS.. :)

Thanks all, hope this clears up this mess, and I'll keep those of you who PM'd me in the know. No use in posting a play by play, just thought it would be interesting because of SICKO coming out, with me heading for a simple resolution.

Now it's Time to DO something about the NEW disease, and STICK it to the INSURANCE company as much as possible.

Love the Lot of Yas!

Peace out, and get a checkup if you've got one coming!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:40:05 PM by Miss Mia »
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
Thanks for the find, Miss Mia. :bow:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 09:33:52 PM »
Thanks for the find, Miss Mia. :bow:

Double, triple, thanks, Miss Mia.

Oh my.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »
"Auctioned off on the courthouse steps....."

When a lender forecloses on a property, after posting it in the classifieds of the local paper for 3 weeks, same day each week....on the 4th week...it is "auctioned off on the courthouse steps".

WHETHER OR NOT THE HOUSE IS OCCUPIED!

By the time the property is up for auction on the courthouse steps, the bank has already determined a minimum amount of money that it will accept based on a series of Broker Price Opinions done by at least 2 or more real estate agents. (these are the reports that I do - my "drive by shootings")

An agent will do a "drive by", take at least one picture of the front of the house, one of the house numbers for verification of address, and one or two street scenes (showing surroundings). Along with that is a report, that when printed out is anywhere from 3-8 pages, sometimes more depending on the requesting mortgage company.

Included in this report is ....a property condition report, area marketing conditions (not the city or community but specific area of the property (usually the multiple listing service designated market area of the property obtained through the local real estate board), 3 comparable sold properties within the last 160 days, unless the lender specifically requests 90 days or less, and 3 comparable currently listed properties. These properties must meet certain criteria....proximity(usually less than 1 mile), gross living area (within 20%), style(ranch, 2 story, etc), age(within 5 years), lot size, and comparable value based on condition, upgrades, updated. Based on this information, a price (market value) is determined for 30 day "quick sale", 90, 120-180 day sales. It is also based on "as is" and "as repaired".

The lender, based on these BPO's, combined with the amount owed on the loan....determines what the minimum dollar amount that they will accept in a bid on the courthouse steps.

When a property goes on the "auction block" on the courthouse steps....ANYONE...EVEN THE CURRENT OWNER ....MAY PURCHASE THE HOUSE.....provided....it at least meets the minimum amount the bank requires and beats out the other bids. BUT....the new buyer MUST pay for it within 24 hours in cash paper money. It is almost impossible to use a loan to purchase property on the courthouse steps unless you have a great relationship with a bank or a line of credit.

The property is purchased "as is - where is" and the new buyer MUST pay any back property taxes, liens, homeowner association dues, etc owed on the property.

IF no one purchases the property on the courthouse steps....the bank/lender "buys" it back. Which means the bank/lender takes back the property ...but also pays any monies owed on the property.

The bank/lender then assigns the property to a real estate agent that has is an "approved" agent with the bank/lender or a 3rd party loan servicing company which manages foreclosed properties for the lender/bank. This is how I get foreclosed properties.

It is then the agent's job to "babysit" the property. The first step is to determine occupancy status.
Then, if occupied by the owner, or renter....I offer them $1000 to vacate the property within 14 days, "broom clean" and all possession removed from the property. If they are willing, they will sign a contract with me, I inspect the property-inside and out, the bank/lender or their managing company, will send me a check to give to the occupant provided that when I go on the 14th day, the house is clean, everything is gone and no further damage has been done to the property. I make notes if need be, on first inspection of current damage to compare with any subsequent damage on final inspection. I give them the check, I have a locksmith accompany me, and he changes the locks at that time. I take extensive pictures of the property, send in a comparative market analysis of the property and wait for the bank/lender to determine a price to then list it in the multiple listing service. This price is usually much lower than what the minimum bid was on the courthouse steps.

If the property is occupied and the occupant refuses to move out when I offer them the money. I then report back to the management company that the occupant refuses to leave. It then falls back in the foreclosing attorney's office for a court date for a court ordered eviction. Once it goes to court, the court will order eviction in 30 days, unless the home owner( or their representative, usually an attorney) requests and is granted a "stay of eviction". If a "stay" is granted, it is for a specific number of days, usually between 15 and 30. This can be granted as often as a judge is willing to grant it.

On the 30th day...or whatever date the court decides....if the occupants have not vacated the property....I then go to the house accompanied by a county sheriff's officer, a locksmith and an eviction crew. The sheriff officer (in my case - there are 2 that work together that go with me, both are armed, but not in uniform) gives the writ of eviction to the homeowner, the homeowner is escorted out, the locksmith changes the locks, and the crew proceeds to box/bag and carry out all possessions in the house and put them at the curb. I have only had to do this once ....quite frankly it seriously sucked.

I then proceed the same as if it was already vacated. Sometimes I will get a property that is already vacant, the homeowners have just walked away. Sometimes they take everything and leave it broom clean....other times it can be utterly disgusting.

Filing for bankruptcy....as long as the filing is done and recorded prior to the day of the courthouse steps auction .....can immediately stop the property from going on the auction block.

Depending on the type of bankruptcy filed....determines what happens with a house. I cannot tell you what happens as the are several different procedures and from what I understand....these days, in many, cases it's up to the judge.

I do know that both Florida and Texas have homestead laws, where if one files bankruptcy, the primary home is protected. Not any rental properties or second homes, only primary residence.

There is also something called a "short sale". That is where a homeowner is in arrears on the mortgage or the house is no longer worth the loan amount....and the homeowner has an offer on the property for considerably less than owed and the bank/lender agrees to accept the offered amount and agrees to allow the sale of the property. Depending on the bank/lender....the homeowner may or may not have to repay the difference.

Interior BPO's are done on these properties along with at least one "drive by" by a different agent, to determine a fair market price on the property based on the interior/exterior condition and current market valuation of the property. I did one of these today. The homeowner purchased the property for $105K 3 years ago as new construction...it was never worth that...and still isn't. A loan for that amount should never have been made. I haven't done the BPO on it, but I'm guessing it's going to come out somewhere in the $80K range. What's hurting it tremendously, are the surroundings.....close to interstate, highly commercial, much smaller, 50+yr old houses.  

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 10:02:03 PM »
Oh my.

Can one trust dolphins?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »
By the time the property is up for auction on the courthouse steps, the bank has already determined a minimum amount of money that it will accept based on a series of Broker Price Opinions done by at least 2 or more real estate agents. (these are the reports that I do - my "drive by shootings")

Interesting.  That's quite a bit different that how it's done in NC, Georgia, or Florida.  What they typically do is that the lender determines how much they're owed based upon the principal balance, plus any unpaid interest and penalities, plus any accrued attorney fees, and that amount constituties what the auction price would be.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
Interesting.  That's quite a bit different that how it's done in NC, Georgia, or Florida.  What they typically do is that the lender determines how much they're owed based upon the principal balance, plus any unpaid interest and penalities, plus any accrued attorney fees, and that amount constituties what the auction price would be.

I don't know about NC or GA, but in FL, I know that "drive by BPO's" are done there too as I was thinking about getting licensed in FL and talked to the company I contract with regarding doing them in the Key West area.

What the BPO does, is give the lender the current market price for the property based on exterior view with comparable properties.

Somehow the lender computes it all together and determines a minimum of what they will take on the courthouse steps. I know they use some formula, but darned if I've been able to figure it out. It used to be, that when it hit the mls, they would accept 10% less than list price. Not anymore! Sometimes they will only accept 5% or less, other times....it can be 20%. Depends on the lender, I guess.

Keep in mind, they will not get full value on the resale REO (foreclosure) market unless the house is absolutely perfect, particularly in today's market. Few are.

It is very costly to the bank to foreclose on a property and to put it on the resale market. Involved are additional attorney fees, trash out of personal possessions, debris which can run into the $1000's, interior cleaning,  lawn maintenance - initial cleanup and continued maintenance during growing season which can also get very expensive, depending on the property condition - utilities are turned on, including AC and heat, in Oct - the house is winterized which here is a minimum of $125 to do, every exterior door lock is changed, any repairs necessary for safety of potential buyers, boarding up and securing the property.

Plus there is a real estate agent's commission. The company that I sell foreclosures for....they tell me the commission(6% of list price). It is non-negotiable, unlike a commission between a homeowner and a Realtor which is negotiable. They tell me what they will pay me, and how much my referral fee back to them is, with a minimum of $2500 regardless of the sale amount of the property. Also, unlike a commission between homeowner and their agent, the amount is based on the list price...not the sales price which is what commission is based on between the homeowner and agent. I sold an REO property for $17K over the list price...and was still only paid on the list price!!! (there was a bidding war on the property).

Once the lender has interior access to the property, they determine the price, based on the agent's market analysis and a close inspection to determine the condition of the property. And compare this information with the loan amount and fees owed on the property.

They rarely match up favorably for the lender and the lender usually will end up in the red on the property.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »
I don't know about NC or GA, but in FL, I know that "drive by BPO's" are done there too........

I can see why some would do that, especially in a down market.  Sometimes it's best to to get back 60 cents on the dollar and move on.  Not the idea situation, obviously.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »
I don't know about NC or GA, but in FL, I know that "drive by BPO's" are done there too as I was thinking about getting licensed in FL and talked to the company I contract with regarding doing them in the Key West area.

What the BPO does, is give the lender the current market price for the property based on exterior view with comparable properties.

Somehow the lender computes it all together and determines a minimum of what they will take on the courthouse steps. I know they use some formula, but darned if I've been able to figure it out. It used to be, that when it hit the mls, they would accept 10% less than list price. Not anymore! Sometimes they will only accept 5% or less, other times....it can be 20%. Depends on the lender, I guess.

Keep in mind, they will not get full value on the resale REO (foreclosure) market unless the house is absolutely perfect, particularly in today's market. Few are.

It is very costly to the bank to foreclose on a property and to put it on the resale market. Involved are additional attorney fees, trash out of personal possessions, debris which can run into the $1000's, interior cleaning,  lawn maintenance - initial cleanup and continued maintenance during growing season which can also get very expensive, depending on the property condition - utilities are turned on, including AC and heat, in Oct - the house is winterized which here is a minimum of $125 to do, every exterior door lock is changed, any repairs necessary for safety of potential buyers, boarding up and securing the property.

Plus there is a real estate agent's commission. The company that I sell foreclosures for....they tell me the commission(6% of list price). It is non-negotiable, unlike a commission between a homeowner and a Realtor which is negotiable. They tell me what they will pay me, and how much my referral fee back to them is, with a minimum of $2500 regardless of the sale amount of the property. Also, unlike a commission between homeowner and their agent, the amount is based on the list price...not the sales price which is what commission is based on between the homeowner and agent. I sold an REO property for $17K over the list price...and was still only paid on the list price!!! (there was a bidding war on the property).

Once the lender has interior access to the property, they determine the price, based on the agent's market analysis and a close inspection to determine the condition of the property. And compare this information with the loan amount and fees owed on the property.

They rarely match up favorably for the lender and the lender usually will end up in the red on the property.

A very informative post, thanks. 

I don't mean to thread hijack, but we are buying in the Atlanta area and our Realtor has warned us away from buying a foreclosure because it takes so long for the bank to do the paperwork.  Have you found that to be true? 

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »
I'm amazed at how much information a DUmmy will post for all to see about what a pathetic loser they are.

It's embarrassing.

DUmmies just have no shame.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 11:47:11 AM »
I'm amazed at how much information a DUmmy will post for all to see about what a pathetic loser they are.

It's embarrassing.

Yet to DUmmies, posting all this embarrassing info gives them "DUmmy street cred".

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 11:48:01 AM »
A very informative post, thanks. 

I don't mean to thread hijack, but we are buying in the Atlanta area and our Realtor has warned us away from buying a foreclosure because it takes so long for the bank to do the paperwork.  Have you found that to be true? 

No...I can get a foreclosure done in a week.

I wouldn't shy away from it because of the length of time, but because of possible "hidden issues" with the property condition.

Foreclosures are sold "as is -where is". If the plumbing is leaky or the wiring is not good....it is what it is. If you have extra money ( that's kind of an oxymoron in the current economy!) or you have the wherewithal to obtain additional funds in a hurry...then a foreclosure may work. If you don't....I would not even consider one, unless you have a home inspector by a licensed home inspector with a great reputation...and the HI gives the house a clean slate....or extremely minor problems, as you will have to fix them yourself.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

It's embarrassing.

To them it is evidence of how mistreated,victimized they are by the unfair world around them.
The difference in outlook is astounding and even though we all know it threads like these point out how useless to society these frickin parasites are.

That lack of shame they have is very expensive for the rest of us.